Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses in Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    If one can ride or walk around an entire neighborhood with horses that's enough for me. There are neighbourhoods that are quite big...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    The sims can fly a broom & ride a bike around the neighborhood. So, the sims should be capable of riding horses & driving cars around the neighborhood.
  • Options
    ZannariaZannaria Posts: 1 New Member
    Please do add horses! It would make the game a lot more fun for me. Maybe you could add open spaces for riding.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Zannaria wrote: »
    Please do add horses! It would make the game a lot more fun for me. Maybe you could add open spaces for riding.

I agree. Some players have said that horses can't be done well without open world, but I think it could actually work with riding arena's, more focus on the competition aspect and jumping courses, and being able to ride around your neighborhood.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited November 2020
    As much as I love unicorns they were a pain to have if you didn’t live in a specific type of lot/house. Especially with their pathing. How would a horse work if you lived in San Myshuno? I would rather get cars before a horse. I would like to see horses/unicorns again but not for the sims 4.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    No, thanks.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I am fine with horses as long as they are not free roaming wild horses like in TS3. They should be strictly domesticated ones that live in a paddock on a farm. That being said, how many horses can you guys count in this picture? Do you think they are hinting at something?

YcwWe33.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you want horses done well and not shoved into another pack, they should come in their own pack. It should have it's own world so we can wrangle wild mustangs in the Western half of the pack. It should also have Equestrian as the other half of the pack for dressage and jumping, etc.

It would be nice to be able to build a stable of various sizes (depending upon your lot size) to have horses on your home lot.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I am fine with horses as long as they are not free roaming wild horses like in TS3. They should be strictly domesticated ones that live in a paddock on a farm. That being said, how many horses can you guys count in this picture? Do you think they are hinting at something?

YcwWe33.png

Looks like a seagull
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    4 little horses tags.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    VillageBullVillageBull Posts: 1 New Member
    I love the idea of having horses on Sims 4. If your sim has a horse/horses as a pet, the lots available could be made larger than they typically would be in other expansion packs... like ranch or farm sized. Some ideas that come to mind on extracurriculars aside from care and transportation could be horse races, barrel racing, bronc riding, and other horse shows. May we add farm animals in a game pack.:)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    As much as I would love horses in Sims 4, my main concern is that they would take up a household slot just like the Cats & Dogs.
    Also, the big lots aren't big enough for the sims to ride the horses.
  • Options
    Districts are large enough to ride horses...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I honestly stopped speculating on here after Batuu, but I've been dragged back in by horses, which I'm basically just waiting for <3 I never saw those tags in crocobaura's post, and think they might be a hint. I genuinely believe a romance pack is coming soon, after all the romance references in Snowy Escape's item descriptions, and think a farming/rustic pack is on its way too. I don't really understand the Techie/Technophobe lifestyles otherwise, in a Japanese-themed pack where they didn't even give us a non-electric way to make tea?? I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt (which is probably a mistake) and assuming that's coming in a later pack.

If we do get a free cars update, like people were hinting we would last year, horses would even work out, as an eco-friendly/rustic way to travel.

Hence, I'm assuming that the tags in that picture are a hint and that either a) the flower tags are a reference to romance, and the fact there's six is a reference to that pack coming in the 6th month of the year, June - and that the 4 horse tags are a reference to a horse or farming pack coming in the 4th month, April. OR, b) the flowers are a reference to plants and farming, and the horses are for farming too, and the 4 and the 6 hint it's coming on 4/6 (English date format) - the 4th of June is a Friday this year, which is their traditional day for releasing Expansion packs, which the June pack ought to be.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I think horses would have to be on a really, really big lot to work. In many places even bikes doesn't work since the Sims keep cycling round and round in small circles.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I genuinely hope those horses are a hint!!!

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    People are thinking of horses, and they've got little horse tags on the activity board from Snowy Escape, implying mountain horse treks...
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I am dying for horses. I don't care that Sims 4 is not an open world, we still have bikes to get from place to place, why not horses? Plus all these barns I keep building in vain hope are sitting sadly empty. Also, if we get horses, kids better darn well be able to ride them, and they'd better get little cowboy boots and hats, too!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Missed opportuny if two sims can't ride one horse together 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

They'll probably park the horse in the cafes like they do with bicycles.
  • Options

That's a devil of an interaction to animate... but I totally agree it's something worth doing.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    One of the poll choices a couple of years' ago included Equestrians so that means some type of handling them, riding or horse shows I expect in a large lot or tied to a Ranch house, rather than having a world with them rambling about as in Appaloosa Plains
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I just looked up to see if horses have anything to do with tags at Japanese shrines, and it turns out the Japanese name for the tags literally means "shrine horse". People used to believe horses were the messengers of the gods/kami, and people would donate horses to shrines to try to get good luck, which later turned into donating tags in the shapes of horses. So it's entirely possible this has nothing to do with horses in-game, and is just a reference to the origin of the tradition. I'm really hoping for horses though, so hopefully it's a reference and a hint combined!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have no interest in having horses on the small lots that we currently have in the game. That, combined with the fact that going for a ride would just be around your current neighborhood if you want to avoid loading screens, it just doesn't make sense to me.

However, I would like horses in the game. What I would prefer is a new HORSE world, similar to Glimmerbrook or Forgotten Hollow. One large neighborhood.

In that one large neighborhood would be a Dude Ranch vacation spot with a Western theme and horses to "rent" and ride on adventures. Renting the same horse would build trust and friendship between you and your mount for a more enjoyable experience. There could be a bunk house for your sims to sleep in and a big barn where events like line dancing and roping skills can be learned. There could be a chuck wagon where your sims can get meals to eat (if the cook, Wishbone has bothered to cook that day). There would be trails to explore (watch out for snakes or they'll spook the horse and you'll be walking home), a ghost town to explore and an old gold mine stream to pan, but be careful, all you might find is fool's gold. You can also try your luck at mastering the mechanical bucking Brama bull. Watch out for those horns.

There would also be an Equestrian Center where sims could go to learn to ride and build their EQUESTRIAN skill. That would be similar to S3's Appaloosa Plains where you had both Western and formal riding. Here, your sim can own and board the horse so it would be your sims responsibility to care for it. That includes grooming, exercising, feeding and mucking out the stall. Failure to do this regularly will result in your horse's health declining (don't worry, they don't die but someone from the ASPCA will rescue it from you). However, if your sim is a busy sim and can't always make it to the Equestrian Center to care for his steed, you can strike a deal with the center to take basic care of your horse until your sim can give it all the love it deserves.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I have no interest in having horses on the small lots that we currently have in the game. That, combined with the fact that going for a ride would just be around your current neighborhood if you want to avoid loading screens, it just doesn't make sense to me.

However, I would like horses in the game. What I would prefer is a new HORSE world, similar to Glimmerbrook or Forgotten Hollow. One large neighborhood.

In that one large neighborhood would be a Dude Ranch vacation spot with a Western theme and horses to "rent" and ride on adventures. Renting the same horse would build trust and friendship between you and your mount for a more enjoyable experience. There could be a bunk house for your sims to sleep in and a big barn where events like line dancing and roping skills can be learned. There could be a chuck wagon where your sims can get meals to eat (if the cook, Wishbone has bothered to cook that day). There would be trails to explore (watch out for snakes or they'll spook the horse and you'll be walking home), a ghost town to explore and an old gold mine stream to pan, but be careful, all you might find is fool's gold. You can also try your luck at mastering the mechanical bucking Brama bull. Watch out for those horns.

There would also be an Equestrian Center where sims could go to learn to ride and build their EQUESTRIAN skill. That would be similar to S3's Appaloosa Plains where you had both Western and formal riding. Here, your sim can own and board the horse so it would be your sims responsibility to care for it. That includes grooming, exercising, feeding and mucking out the stall. Failure to do this regularly will result in your horse's health declining (don't worry, they don't die but someone from the ASPCA will rescue it from you). However, if your sim is a busy sim and can't always make it to the Equestrian Center to care for his steed, you can strike a deal with the center to take basic care of your horse until your sim can give it all the love it deserves.

This perfectly surmises what I would enjoy also! Having trails too like in Snowy Escape but for riding, or update trails to having riding.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990