Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses in Sims 4?

12345679...Next

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think some people would just love having seven horses on their lots. Tons of people have multiple pets.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • amaniaaaamaniaaa Posts: 58 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I have no interest in having horses on the small lots that we currently have in the game. That, combined with the fact that going for a ride would just be around your current neighborhood if you want to avoid loading screens, it just doesn't make sense to me.

However, I would like horses in the game. What I would prefer is a new HORSE world, similar to Glimmerbrook or Forgotten Hollow. One large neighborhood.

In that one large neighborhood would be a Dude Ranch vacation spot with a Western theme and horses to "rent" and ride on adventures. Renting the same horse would build trust and friendship between you and your mount for a more enjoyable experience. There could be a bunk house for your sims to sleep in and a big barn where events like line dancing and roping skills can be learned. There could be a chuck wagon where your sims can get meals to eat (if the cook, Wishbone has bothered to cook that day). There would be trails to explore (watch out for snakes or they'll spook the horse and you'll be walking home), a ghost town to explore and an old gold mine stream to pan, but be careful, all you might find is fool's gold. You can also try your luck at mastering the mechanical bucking Brama bull. Watch out for those horns.

There would also be an Equestrian Center where sims could go to learn to ride and build their EQUESTRIAN skill. That would be similar to S3's Appaloosa Plains where you had both Western and formal riding. Here, your sim can own and board the horse so it would be your sims responsibility to care for it. That includes grooming, exercising, feeding and mucking out the stall. Failure to do this regularly will result in your horse's health declining (don't worry, they don't die but someone from the ASPCA will rescue it from you). However, if your sim is a busy sim and can't always make it to the Equestrian Center to care for his steed, you can strike a deal with the center to take basic care of your horse until your sim can give it all the love it deserves.

Honestly, I didn't want horses in The Sims 4, and I am also not really happy with the farm pack that most people want. However, your ideas are very appealing to me so if something like this would be implemented I'd like that. :smile: 
  • amaniaaaamaniaaa Posts: 58 Member
    I have no interest in having horses on the small lots that we currently have in the game. That, combined with the fact that going for a ride would just be around your current neighborhood if you want to avoid loading screens, it just doesn't make sense to me.

However, I would like horses in the game. What I would prefer is a new HORSE world, similar to Glimmerbrook or Forgotten Hollow. One large neighborhood.

In that one large neighborhood would be a Dude Ranch vacation spot with a Western theme and horses to "rent" and ride on adventures. Renting the same horse would build trust and friendship between you and your mount for a more enjoyable experience. There could be a bunk house for your sims to sleep in and a big barn where events like line dancing and roping skills can be learned. There could be a chuck wagon where your sims can get meals to eat (if the cook, Wishbone has bothered to cook that day). There would be trails to explore (watch out for snakes or they'll spook the horse and you'll be walking home), a ghost town to explore and an old gold mine stream to pan, but be careful, all you might find is fool's gold. You can also try your luck at mastering the mechanical bucking Brama bull. Watch out for those horns.

There would also be an Equestrian Center where sims could go to learn to ride and build their EQUESTRIAN skill. That would be similar to S3's Appaloosa Plains where you had both Western and formal riding. Here, your sim can own and board the horse so it would be your sims responsibility to care for it. That includes grooming, exercising, feeding and mucking out the stall. Failure to do this regularly will result in your horse's health declining (don't worry, they don't die but someone from the ASPCA will rescue it from you). However, if your sim is a busy sim and can't always make it to the Equestrian Center to care for his steed, you can strike a deal with the center to take basic care of your horse until your sim can give it all the love it deserves.

Honestly, I didn't want horses in The Sims 4, and I am also not really happy with the farm pack that most people want. However, your ideas are very appealing to me so if something like this would be implemented I'd like that. :smile: 
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    My concern is that horses would end up as 'Transportation' items, like boats and bicycles (and, presumably, cars). If they're considered ways to travel more than pets. But the original hint we were getting horses was the code after Cats and Dogs that mentioned interactions between a Sim and a horse (if I remember correctly), so I hope they will be considered pets. And I feel like people with big lots should have the option to install a stable and have the horse running around their garden, but we'd have to see how it was implemented. I'm concerned about horses taking up a household slot too though, so having an area like a ranch or stable where you can interact with horses without having them in your household would be great.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I wonder if we'll have ghost horses.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member

That looks good to me, especially if it came in a world of rolling hills and plains without a house in sight! I might give them a corner maybe for a few to keep their artists happy!