Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery issues ???

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    The website gallery connection issues look to be resolved now also. :)

Thank you :)
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited July 2018
    I know that my post is only indirectly related to the Gallery issues.
    This is only message for creators. This is not a good time to upload houses by creators with less than 2000 followers to the Gallery. Because this uploaded home will be not seen as soon as it will get about 100 downloads. . Those who have many followers will cope with this, because the message that they sent something will be reach their fans.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2018
    nvm...
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    Artemisa02Artemisa02 Posts: 258 Member
    Gallery is broken again :( anyone have the same issue??
    anime_girl_signature_by_marisascarlet-d480fmk.jpg
    My original ID @Artemisa02
    For more check out my blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/artemisa02
    Check my Workshop
    MY WORKSHOP BY ARTEMISA02
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Artemisa02 wrote: »
    Gallery is broken again :( anyone have the same issue??

Gallery is updating
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    CourtandStefCourtandStef Posts: 158 Member
    I am not able to save any lots to the gallery. It simply freezes when I try. Really?! Again?!
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I downloaded Gallery update and now I cannot use it very well if I fav something or look at something I get stuck in the picture of it page and the X button to shut it does not work. They only way I have found out of the window is if the items has a hashtag. If no hashtag I have to quit game completely to get out of it.
  • Options
    I am not able to save any lots to the gallery. It simply freezes when I try. Really?! Again?!

Same problems. I have downloaded update too.
  • Options
    MissCaviarMissCaviar Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the same problems as other people on here. Anytime I try and save lots it freezes up and I have to restart the whole game. It also says I've favorited nothing, even though I know I have
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hello
    For simmers having freezing issues when using the Gallery, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
    There has been other simmers posting that the UI Cheats extension mod was causing this issue.
  • Options
    MissCaviarMissCaviar Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > For simmers having freezing issues when using the Gallery, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
    > There has been other simmers posting that the UI Cheats extension mod was causing this issue.

It seems to have mostly fixed my issue, but when I try to merge or replace a household from the gallery, it causes my game to lock up again
  • Options
    MissCaviar wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > For simmers having freezing issues when using the Gallery, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
    > There has been other simmers posting that the UI Cheats extension mod was causing this issue.

It seems to have mostly fixed my issue, but when I try to merge or replace a household from the gallery, it causes my game to lock up again

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I simply tried to delete a household, and the gallery froze, but nothing else did.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    Reitanna wrote: »
    I simply tried to delete a household, and the gallery froze, but nothing else did.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If you have the UI Cheats extension mod , try removing this and see if it helps with the issue.
  • Options
    chiastallonchiastallon Posts: 5 New Member
    After the July 31st update my gallery is blank nothing, on top there are wwwws going across the top. I closed it out and went to try it again and now it won't even open, is anyone having this problem????
  • Options
    After the July 31st update my gallery is blank nothing, on top there are wwwws going across the top. I closed it out and went to try it again and now it won't even open, is anyone having this problem????

Hello @chiastallon
    Try doing what I suggested in the above post
    If you have cc/mods in your game, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If you have the UI Cheats extension mod , try removing this and see if it helps with the issue.
  • Options
    MissCaviar wrote: »
    I'm having the same problems as other people on here. Anytime I try and save lots it freezes up and I have to restart the whole game. It also says I've favorited nothing, even though I know I have

Yep, me too.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    alright, it's working after removing the UI cheats extension mod. the creator is also aware that it broke and said he'll be updating it soon
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The gallery doesn't understand what I have already favorited after I already placed a favorite on it, at least from the news tab. Clicking on someone else who's favorited what I already favorited registers as me not having favorited it yet, even though I already have.

Also something still not fixed from the old gallery, I still can't see what packs an uploaded content uses if I check it out from the News tab when it was favorited by someone, and when I download it from the Favorited item in the news tab, I can't see what packs it uses in my Library either.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ashtrxidashtrxid Posts: 4 New Member
    My gallery freezes up as well. I've tested with my cc and found when the sim does not have all outfits on containing cc the gallery will not freeze. When I completely create a sim (fully dressed with cc) the gallery freezes when attempting to save the sims or save and play. Could this possibly be from simply having too much cc?
  • Options
    ashtrxid wrote: »
    My gallery freezes up as well. I've tested with my cc and found when the sim does not have all outfits on containing cc the gallery will not freeze. When I completely create a sim (fully dressed with cc) the gallery freezes when attempting to save the sims or save and play. Could this possibly be from simply having too much cc?

Hello ashtrxid
    Some of your cc may be broken. Try testing to see if wearing certain cc may be causing the issues that you are having.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > ashtrxid wrote: »
    >
    > My gallery freezes up as well. I've tested with my cc and found when the sim does not have all outfits on containing cc the gallery will not freeze. When I completely create a sim (fully dressed with cc) the gallery freezes when attempting to save the sims or save and play. Could this possibly be from simply having too much cc?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello ashtrxid
    > Some of your cc may be broken. Try testing to see if wearing certain cc may be causing the issues that you are having.

I tried batch testing my cc but the problem persisted. I ran mod conflict detector as well and it didn't detect any broken mods.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    ashtrxid wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > ashtrxid wrote: »
    >
    > My gallery freezes up as well. I've tested with my cc and found when the sim does not have all outfits on containing cc the gallery will not freeze. When I completely create a sim (fully dressed with cc) the gallery freezes when attempting to save the sims or save and play. Could this possibly be from simply having too much cc?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello ashtrxid
    > Some of your cc may be broken. Try testing to see if wearing certain cc may be causing the issues that you are having.

I tried batch testing my cc but the problem persisted. I ran mod conflict detector as well and it didn't detect any broken mods.

Hello @ashtrxid
    If you move your mods folder to the desktop, delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    and start the game, do you have issues with saving your sims to the gallery?
  • Options
    @rosemow I deleted the cache files and moved my mods folder to my desktop and the saving issue was no longer a problem. Should I try batch testing my mods again?