Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sub's Mafia - NIGHT 7 >3.30PM GMT< ZOMBIE WIN (3RD PARTY)

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Sonschi wrote: »
    Good morning ^^

First of all, I unvote DeKay. The way she reacts to all the votes seems too town. Maybe I was too stuck on her not saying she's town. But I still have doubts about kitty being town. As I said yesterday, she is too keen on finding scum to be scum herself. But I get scum vibes from her so she's probably third.

Vote kitty

Mafia is our first priority until we have reason to believe that the third party is harmful. Why are you going for third instead of mafia? Are you mafia? This makes it kinda seem like you are

I think it doesn't matter which party we go for. Sure, there wasn't 2 nightkills. That doesn't mean there isn't a dangerous third party. Night was unexpectedly cut short too. A mafia usually would love to keep a third party as long as possible before trying to find them cuz a dangerous third party can 'help' them kill town faster.

Your comment makes me think you're hiding something...

I still believe the third party is dangerous cuz 10 townies vs a harmless third party and 3 scum just seems too simple. I guess we can only find out in night 2 to see if there are 2 deaths. If there's only 1, then it could be an alien, arsonist or a cult. >.<

The problem is that most of the time mafia can get majority much faster than 1 lonely third party (depending on the their role of course, but most of the time). Besides it doesn't make sense to hunt a third party if they aren't necessarily a threat to us. It's like saying they *might* be harmful so let's kill them before we kill the people who we know for sure are harmful. If we get to 1 mafia 1 third party and some townies then it's worth considering whether the third is a problem or when we have low numbers. As long as the third isn't harmful they can stay in the game and are adding to our numbers. They become a problem in final 3 or 4 or whatever because they might not care who of town or mafia wins

And what kind of non-harmful third party do you think is possible in this game? Cuz I think the chances are really low. It might not be bad if it's an alien, but if it's an arsonist or cult, it might be too late if we leave them in for too long.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I refuse to hunt the third party until they are a threat or are close to being one. It just isn't logical at this point. We should be careful and aware that they could be a problem but not go after them while they aren't one

This.

And this is why I think Sonschi is scum even more because she's afraid of me killing her. I can see Sonschi wanting rid of people who suspect her.
  • Options
    LizzyBalletLizzyBallet Posts: 3,085 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Sonschi isn't even making sense to me at all, she thinks I'm third so why is she voting me? If I'm third I obviously didn't kill anyone so I'm no worry. :D you should be trying to find mafia but I guess you already found yourself.

They think third is a bigger problem than mafia which is wrong at the moment.
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    I agree the third is not a problem. But we don't know they don't kill.
    Day 1 I was thinking that it would be a good idea for them not to kill for this reason, it makes them look harmless
    unknown.png
  • Options
    Sonschi isn't even making sense to me at all, she thinks I'm third so why is she voting me? If I'm third I obviously didn't kill anyone so I'm no worry. :D you should be trying to find mafia but I guess you already found yourself.

If you are trying to use this kind of strategy/mindset, then maybe you should look back at who was active right before Sub came in to say that night would be cut short cuz one of them definitely put in that nightkill. And you were one of them.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I agree the third is not as big a problem as mafia. But we don't know they don't kill.
    Day 1 I was thinking that it would be a good idea for them not to kill for this reason, it makes them look harmless

And now I think Kitty is third too, she sounds like it. But I don't know.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    Good morning ^^

First of all, I unvote DeKay. The way she reacts to all the votes seems too town. Maybe I was too stuck on her not saying she's town. But I still have doubts about kitty being town. As I said yesterday, she is too keen on finding scum to be scum herself. But I get scum vibes from her so she's probably third.

Vote kitty

Mafia is our first priority until we have reason to believe that the third party is harmful. Why are you going for third instead of mafia? Are you mafia? This makes it kinda seem like you are

I think it doesn't matter which party we go for. Sure, there wasn't 2 nightkills. That doesn't mean there isn't a dangerous third party. Night was unexpectedly cut short too. A mafia usually would love to keep a third party as long as possible before trying to find them cuz a dangerous third party can 'help' them kill town faster.

Your comment makes me think you're hiding something...

I still believe the third party is dangerous cuz 10 townies vs a harmless third party and 3 scum just seems too simple. I guess we can only find out in night 2 to see if there are 2 deaths. If there's only 1, then it could be an alien, arsonist or a cult. >.<

The problem is that most of the time mafia can get majority much faster than 1 lonely third party (depending on the their role of course, but most of the time). Besides it doesn't make sense to hunt a third party if they aren't necessarily a threat to us. It's like saying they *might* be harmful so let's kill them before we kill the people who we know for sure are harmful. If we get to 1 mafia 1 third party and some townies then it's worth considering whether the third is a problem or when we have low numbers. As long as the third isn't harmful they can stay in the game and are adding to our numbers. They become a problem in final 3 or 4 or whatever because they might not care who of town or mafia wins

And what kind of non-harmful third party do you think is possible in this game? Cuz I think the chances are really low. It might not be bad if it's an alien, but if it's an arsonist or cult, it might be too late if we leave them in for too long.

Survivor
    Lyncher
    Jester

If we just aim for "acting scummy" we should be able to get mafia and a harmful third. If the third is harmful they will probably be acting a little bit like mafia (minus the buddying). So aiming for mafia can get us the third anyway if they are actually bad. We don't need to focus on getting the third at this point. Besides, who knows, maybe the third is harmful to mafia?
  • Options
    I'm not third lol

Zinnia and sonschi seem to be agreeing with eachother an awful lot.
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member

It’s my first game with a third party. Lizzy already told me it’s better to lynch scum first. Also, i unvoted you already. Calm down xD
  • Options

It’s my first game with a third party. Lizzy already told me it’s better to lynch scum first. Also, i unvoted you already. Calm down xD

No.
  • Options
    I'm not third lol

We only agreed on DeKay being scum before. I don't see where you see so many times where we agree? I am sure you are third. But the more experienced players (compared to me in this case) say it's better to get rid of scum before third so I unvoted you and voted someone I think seems to be scum.
  • Options

No.

Can you not? Please.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

If you are trying to use this kind of strategy/mindset, then maybe you should look back at who was active right before Sub came in to say that night would be cut short cuz one of them definitely put in that nightkill. And you were one of them.

Do you really want to do that?

1. It ruins the game
    2. Kinda unfair toward people who are just doing what they must for their role
    3. Just because someone was online doesn't make them bad
    4. People can send stuff in early, I almost always do if I have an action
    5. Doesn't mean anyone is bad - just means they were online and said something
  • Options

No.

Can you not? Please.

Thank you.
  • Options

No.

Can you not? Please.

Huh? I'm a little confused? Lol
  • Options
    I'm not third lol

That's not a scum tell for me. At least I don't... think it is.

unknown.png
  • Options
    Maybe we're lucky and the third party is an Unlyncher. The mafia wiki says that this role must prevent a certain player from being lynched. So they don't have a night kill? If it was a SK we would have had two night kills I think. Unless the third party wants to trick us, forgot to use their power or wasn't online during night at all.
  • Options
    I'm not third lol

That's not a scum tell for me. At least I don't... think it is.

The only thing we agreed on was our UNVOTED vote on DeKay earlier day 2. You do agree that we should get rid of scum first but I only changed my vote after Lizzy explained it to me. And with 8 (?) townies left it's normal to have similar opinions on certain things. Some people call that common sense :p
  • Options

Do you really want to do that?

1. It ruins the game
    2. Kinda unfair toward people who are just doing what they must for their role
    3. Just because someone was online doesn't make them bad
    4. People can send stuff in early, I almost always do if I have an action
    5. Doesn't mean anyone is bad - just means they were online and said something

Yeah, I know it kinda is like cheating almost... but I already had my suspicion on Em and Zinnia since Day 1 and they're magically in there too which just tempts me to think one of them is bad.

I don't think a scum team would send in something that early since they probably need to discuss unless they already decided who to kill even before day ended. Maybe a lone scum would or maybe a third party.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

No.

Can you not? Please.

I meant, "can you calm down". Cuz Sonschi told you to but you said no blatantly. LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Maybe we're lucky and the third party is an Unlyncher. The mafia wiki says that this role must prevent a certain player from being lynched. So they don't have a night kill? If it was a SK we would have had two night kills I think. Unless the third party wants to trick us, forgot to use their power or wasn't online during night at all.

I know the chances are pretty low but what if scum and third chose the same player to be killed?
  • Options
    Can we discuss who would kill Sam? I dunno if that will get us anywhere but the more discussion the better. It's a pity she was killed because she usually contributes a lot and is active. I feel like Katie usually kills inactive people so it doesn't feel like a Katie kill
  • Options

I know the chances are pretty low but what if scum and third chose the same player to be killed?

Oooh good point. Then we wait for night 2 and see what happened in the morning.
  • Options

No.

Can you not? Please.

I meant, "can you calm down". Cuz Sonschi told you to but you said no blatantly. LOL.

I was completely calm though and just said no as a joke because Sonschi told me off lol
  • Options

We will never know right now since night was cut short. I think more than half of the players weren't online. For all we know, the Sam kill could have been from a third party who just so happens to be online and is dangerous, and maybe not even mafia. Or vice versa.

I'm still not going to believe that the third is harmless. Most 13/14 player with 3 scums set ups I've seen has a serial killer in it. If there was 4 scums, maybe the third is could be harmless. But there's only 3 here.

I'm not saying we should forget about mafia altogether, but I don't really care if we catch the third party first, cuz it's most likely a bad one. I'm just here to find any scums or third party, okay? XD
    x3vZicL.gif