Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think that the sims team are working on babies?

Comments

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    One can only hope so
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    do you think that the sims team are working as in improving them actually making them a life state because to me they're not one. they're just a boring object. theres nothing much you can do with them in the sims 4. though in the other games there isn't much to do with them but at least in the sims 4 you could put them into the baby swing and pretend that everyone is spending time with eachother, like have the people interacting with them. you can have them with the rest of the family as in interacting beyond the bassinet. but do you think its possible that they could be working on improving them and making them an non object?

YASSSSSSSSS PLEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEE!!!
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Why? They only had about 3 sim days before age up, in my games they rarely last that long. They actually do about as much as a rl newborn does. Eat, sleep, mess themselves, then cry. I don't know what else people want.

@MelissaStarbees Yes I agree, Babies in real life aren't left in your room while you go outside, they are cared for.
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Let's save free range babies for S5 that a lot of players think is about to start work and use that time. money and energy for stuff that's important. Babies are not important especially if all you want is to move the baby from one location to another.

Because S4 babies are not your personal cup of coffee or interest doesn't mean they shouldn't be worked on especially if the devs have the spare resources to.
    So if there's an opportunity to push for it I don't see why people who care much about it shouldn't speak up. S4 is a game for everyone regardless of anyone's personal preference nd what anyone think is important to them or not. If the baby life stage can be updated in the Sims 4 why not, no one has to wait until sims 5. S4 nd S5 will be two separate games nd meanwhile not everyone would be porting to S5 (for different reasons) and no one is ever certain about the future we can only but speculate. what if tomorrow there's no S5 cause of general unforseen circumstances i.e natural disaster (God forbid tho but just saying) so why not get the best out of the game or things in general that you presently have if u can.

S4 babies are fine. It's wasting time adding to a three day life stage that isn't my cup of tea (I prefer tea over coffee). And I don't see the devs as having a whole lot of "spare time". They are usually working hard on something. Every once and a while, they give us something cool out of the blue, which was probably done in all that spare time they have.

And what kind of general unforeseen circumstances i.e. natural disaster do you think could happen that would put a stop to any S5 planning (if, indeed, there is any S5 planning going on) that wouldn't put a stop to completing S4 too?

I can't think of anything that would make a S4 baby more fun. They are wrapped like a taco with only a face. Someone suggested being able to "carry" them around, but where would you carry them to? What would you do with them? I remember how in past versions, you could put the baby in the dishwasher, is that what players are wanting?

If you add too much to the taco babies, they'll encroach on those wonderful toddlers they gave us. And we don't want that, now do we. This way, you have a simple baby with simple needs and then, on their birthday, you suddenly have a little rug rat crawling around and getting into mischief. Why would you want to change that dynamic?

How about we try this. Let's make a clear, comprehensive list of all the "improvements" that everyone who wants S4 babies to be improved, so the devs understand and know what players are expecting with an improved three day life stage baby. I'll start.

1. Allow taco baby to be carried around and left anywhere, anytime the sim wants to and then forgets to put the baby back. Just like in past versions.

2) Give babies a bath

3) Give them a bouncy chair/swing to sit in and be interacted with and they can interact with the world

4). Rocking chair so sims can rock their babies to sleep. Maybe some babies could be bad sleepers etc

5) Prams for babies so they can go to community lots. Feels weird that on a family day out the baby stays home every time.

6) Babies could have a little character. As said above some could be fussy, some could be great sleepers, some not so. Babies count teethe, learn to crawl.

Remember it’s three days for infants on a normal life span, for those that play on long life it’s a lot longer.

For some of those, babies would need to be redesigned to have arms and legs. Are you requesting that as well?

Do you even play Sims 4? Babies have had arms and legs since day 1.. The swaddled burrito babies are from Sims 3, this isn’t about improving Sims 3 babies it’s about improving Sims 4. For someone who clearly has no basic understanding of babies in Sims 4 you are sure passionate about not wanting any improvements.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Free the babies!!

I'd like to see:
    *sitting on couch/bed/chair with baby
    *bathing in sink
    *a play mat/bouncy chair/cuddly teddies
    *more clothes/cribs
    *pass the baby
    *some kind of development possibly to

*sitting up in a play pen
    *rolling over/ starting to crawl
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Free the babies!!

I'd like to see:
    *sitting on couch/bed/chair with baby
    *bathing in sink
    *a play mat/bouncy chair/cuddly teddies
    *more clothes/cribs
    *pass the baby
    *some kind of development possibly to

*sitting up in a play pen
    *rolling over/ starting to crawl

I would like this to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    My hope is the teams are working hard on much-needed bug fixes and new gameplay features. All life stages are covered now and if one of them needs any improvement at all it would be our teen Sims. Its annoying babies are presented more as objects than a true life stage but changing them at this point would be a waste of resources and most Simmers are asking for other types of content. Yes, I realize there are players in here that would like babies to have more options. But the time to make those changes came and went when toddlers were released. Or when Parenthood was released. The game is trying to move forward, the teams are doing their best to bring new gameplay features to us in the near future. I would like to see a University EP later this year as my teens are in a holding pattern at the moment as I wait to see if college is in their futures. I am not disagreeing with the fact babies should have been done better. But it is a very short life stage; I rarely allow my babies to wait the entire three days before aging them up to toddlers. Even if babies had been done differently with more options and interactions I would be aging them up the day after they were born.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    I personally do not care how short the life span is. (I play with no aging, so I do see the baby stage longer. I loved the babies in the past two sims games.)

It’s still a life stage put into the game, and it should be improved, whether in this limited Sims 4 game or a (hopefully better and more improved and progressive) Sims 5 game.

There is no excuse for these ugly, limited babies. I am getting a little angry when people say it’s a waste of time. It reminds me back when some people (some of whom who hated playing with toddlers in Sims) were shouting us toddler lovers down and said it was a waste of time for Sims 4 devs to work on/add in the toddlers, or that Sims 4 would never ever have toddlers because it’s too late.

I’m just glad the devs didn’t listen to such people. Even better? We ended up getting an improved version of the toddler stage! :smiley:

So, no, I will not shut up about improving the babies (and other life stages!). The Sims are such a focus, so the devs should always try to improve those digital beings.

If not Sims 4, then Sims 5 will improve the babies.

I refuse to settle for this ugly (for me), chained object of a baby.

People tried to keep us simmers who wanted toddlers in hopeless spirits those early two-three years of Sims 4, saying that toddlers were a total waste of resources and that the toddlers were such a short life stage as well (or because some people aged them quickly), and that the devs shouldn’t add them at all. (Yes I still remember! It was a very depressing and frustrating first few years of Sims 4 for me.)

And now... we got the awesome toddlers.

So you know what, I’m going to keep being vocal about babies (and other things) from now on.

Because there is always something the devs can work on and improve on.

Why should I settle when we got babies that were not chained in the past two games?

No, improve on your game series. The sims are the core of the game, so all life stages and life states should be improved upon in every iteration, not regressing.

I feel babies would be improved after the teens, if the Sims 4 hasn’t ended by then (this iteration goes very slow—took them two-three years before toddlers came in). The babies were second place in the polls, I think.

If not in this iteration, then Sims 5. I would rather be vocal about it now before they start developing Sims 5 (if they weren’t before), so the devs can see what people want for the better babies.

We can get unchained babies at the very least. If it’s like the lounge chairs situation, then I’m hoping Sims 5 would have a lot more improvement to allow better babies (and working lounge chairs finally, lol).
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    My hope is the teams are working hard on much-needed bug fixes and new gameplay features. All life stages are covered now and if one of them needs any improvement at all it would be our teen Sims. Its annoying babies are presented more as objects than a true life stage but changing them at this point would be a waste of resources and most Simmers are asking for other types of content. Yes, I realize there are players in here that would like babies to have more options. But the time to make those changes came and went when toddlers were released. Or when Parenthood was released. The game is trying to move forward, the teams are doing their best to bring new gameplay features to us in the near future. I would like to see a University EP later this year as my teens are in a holding pattern at the moment as I wait to see if college is in their futures. I am not disagreeing with the fact babies should have been done better. But it is a very short life stage; I rarely allow my babies to wait the entire three days before aging them up to toddlers. Even if babies had been done differently with more options and interactions I would be aging them up the day after they were born.

I find the teen stage to be the most boring in the game, and I'd age my kids straight up to YA so that I can get started on the next generation, but I want them to have all the advantages of a 'good teenhood' (like the Responsible trait so that they do their job 'homework' at work). I'm all about the babies and toddlers. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want some new stuff for teens to make that stage more interesting - I don't see it as an 'either-or'. They can do both.

I didn't care much for University - I liked many of the things that came with the pack, so it wasn't a waste of money, but I think I only played the university once or twice. It was much too limiting and scripted. Also, it wasn't for teens, it was for YA. However, they could do it differently this time, with teens (maybe in the second week) going off to university, and they could do it with fewer time and task requirements. (Say, similar to a job, but you have various homework requirements. Majors could be similar to aspirations.) I would hope they wouldn't make it active, like the doctor, vet and detective (or at least would give you an opt-out), just because the active careers are intrinsically bugged. Anything that requires NPCs to do what they're supposed to do doesn't work well (and never has).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Now that I think about it, the multitasking system of TS4 would suit freed babies well. Adults can do a bunch of things while holding a baby, similar to how toddlers are now.

I'd still like more work to go into teens first, but I wouldn't mind improvements to babies either
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Hi Iceman! I think it has/had something to do with like how the Sims will have a plate in their hand but then it disappears when they do something multitask-like. I think that the babies would disappear or go in their back pocket if they were to do that due to them being objects.

I do not know. This is what I heard once. Certainly it could be fixed or tweaked, though. I would definitely like free babies.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    With the problems that happened with umbrellas it makes me wonder if they would pop in and out like that if they tried to carry them ect. I do wish we had some sort of bathing, a changing table, maybe a bouncy swing. I just hope if they do it they aren't like baby poppin's. I'd rather not have them made over if they can't present it well.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Hi Iceman! I think it has/had something to do with like how the Sims will have a plate in their hand but then it disappears when they do something multitask-like. I think that the babies would disappear or go in their back pocket if they were to do that due to them being objects.

I do not know. This is what I heard once. Certainly it could be fixed or tweaked, though. I would definitely like free babies.

I think they already handled toddlers well in that situation, although I can't remember if toddlers were carried using both or just one hand. I suppose babies are a priority right now, but I think they're capable of freeing them when they have some resources to spare. 🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I think not. I feel this is too much of an effort for them to change in The sims 4 around this time.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    Well, if Sims 4 never refined the babies, then for me, it will always be the most limited modern Sims PC game ever. (Will we ever get those lounge chairs and ocean swimming again in this iteration? More building tools, etc?)

Hopefully Sims 5 will learn from (what I personally consider as) 4’s shortcomings and mis-steps and give us back the unchained babies. We shouldn’t be going back to Sims 1 babies and Sims 1 limitations at this point in the series.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I just can't imagine what the point would be in changing babies now. I'd rather they improved children, teens and elders.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    It's pretty doubtful, but it's something that I would like to see added...

To clarify, I'm not asking for anything as in depth as toddlers, but I would like to see the babies feed from the bassinets. Along with the ability to change the color/style of their onesie and maybe a couple new objects similar to TS2 (i.e. baby playmat and swing).
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    It's pretty doubtful, but it's something that I would like to see added...

To clarify, I'm not asking for anything as in depth as toddlers, but I would like to see the babies feed from the bassinets. Along with the ability to change the color/style of their onesie and maybe a couple new objects similar to TS2 (i.e. baby playmat and swing).

honestly if even they're able to draw and be hold so that they would be part of the family i would be happy. even with your ideas. just something to enjoy this lifestate not life object because thats all they are
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    xXLaneTHD1234XxxXLaneTHD1234Xx Posts: 12 New Member
    invisiblgirl you took the words out of my mouth! That's what I wanted to hear! I also do not think that the babies' improvement is a waste of time, quite the contrary, it would make the game much better. The babies of The Sims 4 are the worst in the series are limited, ugly and meaningless. The newborns of TS4 would actually be a "remastered" version of the babies of the first game. Maxis should have paid more attention to the newborns of The Sims 4, as you can tell they were rushed (who does not remember the hellish bug they had there at the beginning when the Sims interacted with them and their skins were all distorted looking like a demon?) And that was a reflection of how badly these babies were made. If Maxis does not fix these babies, I very much hope they are better at The Sims 5, no longer an object with a "supposed" baby inside. Now I'm really waiting for the launch of the University and the vehicles (cars, motorcycles and etc), which for me are the only things I wanted to have in the game.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    edited September 2018
    I hope everyone would remember that we all play differently. I play a huge rotation and I age my sims slowly. It's sometimes even slower than real life time. My babies stay babies for several RL months, sometimes over a year, and I can't just age them up to toddlers because I want to keep everyone's ages synced. So it's always kind of annoying to hear, "We don't need improved babies, they're only babies for 3 days!" :/

Babies have had NO attention since launch. Still no changeable clothing at all (aren't you all bothered by having snow and freezing cold in winter, all your sims are bundled up in their sweaters and hats and boots and your babies are still half-naked in a little onesie?), no new interactions, no incorporation with any of the game's expansion features. The only new bassinets we've gotten were for alien and vampire babies. OMG we can't even get new bassinets? It's absurd how much babies have been neglected in this game.

At the very least, we need to be able to change their clothes (think of all the cute baby clothes!!!) and have some variety in nursery furniture. Maybe a couple new interactions. And that's not even asking for them to be unlocked from their cribs, which feels like a big ask at this point.

I'm still jealous of Sims Freeplay babies.
  • Options
    AlycrystalgamerAlycrystalgamer Posts: 2 New Member
    I think the baby’s are fine, they act like newborns but there should be a second stage in a babies life. You should be able to teach them how to walk and use more baby furniture. (Changing tables, play pens, play mats, strollers car seats, etc). Hopefully EA will make this an update some day!
  • Options
    AlycrystalgamerAlycrystalgamer Posts: 2 New Member
    Also, the babies shouldn’t be considered “objects”.
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Recently a guru tweeted that improved babies are possible. They’re just in a pile with other things that take priority. So it’s not definite but there is a chance they will happen at some point
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I doubt it. I should hope they're focusing on fixing bugs/glitches if nothing else. I couldn't care less about babies in sims or irl but it would be nice if they made pregnancies more detailed like they did in the sims phone games.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Nope.
    2UFyFUV.png