Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think that the sims team are working on babies?

Comments

• Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I have to agree with @x_Always_Heart_x. If we can't get better gameplay, I at least want some variety in how the babies look. The same 3 bassinets get old after a while, as do the clothes.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Zara wrote: »
    Nope babies in the sims 4 are pretty much a piece of furniture and they'll likely stay that way :/

I saw someone quote a tweet from Grant saying the reason we got object babies is that they ran out of time before the release date, same reason we didn't get toddlers at release. We got toddlers a couple of years later, so we could still get babies freed from the bassinet and with clothing and CASsets like the toddlers got. Changing table, baby bath (or maybe babies can be bathed in sinks like in Sims 2), some little items to keep them active but I doubt they'd have actual traits or skills.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    edited September 2018
    Zara wrote: »
    Nope babies in the sims 4 are pretty much a piece of furniture and they'll likely stay that way :/

I saw someone quote a tweet from Grant saying the reason we got object babies is that they ran out of time before the release date, same reason we didn't get toddlers at release. We got toddlers a couple of years later, so we could still get babies freed from the bassinet and with clothing and CASsets like the toddlers got. Changing table, baby bath (or maybe babies can be bathed in sinks like in Sims 2), some little items to keep them active but I doubt they'd have actual traits or skills.

This would make me a very very happy simmer... Please EA free our babies o:)
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I sure hope so. I still haven't ever played with any since they can't do anything :/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo, I did not understand what you meant!

What confuses you? I don't want time, effort and money spent on babies. The baby stage lasts three sim days, that's all. IRL, babies eat, poop and sleep which is what they do in the game. Doing any work on a three day life stage is ridiculous to me. There are so many other things that I want in this game that are so much more important.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Dannydanbo, I did not understand what you meant!

What confuses you? I don't want time, effort and money spent on babies. The baby stage lasts three sim days, that's all. IRL, babies eat, poop and sleep which is what they do in the game. Doing any work on a three day life stage is ridiculous to me. There are so many other things that I want in this game that are so much more important.

Real life babies are not quite that simple.. Sims 4 has the most generic and boring babies since Sims 1. Maxis could at least let them eat, poop, and sleep somewhere other than the bassinet.
  • Options
    Let's save free range babies for S5 that a lot of players think is about to start work and use that time. money and energy for stuff that's important. Babies are not important especially if all you want is to move the baby from one location to another.
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Let's save free range babies for S5 that a lot of players think is about to start work and use that time. money and energy for stuff that's important. Babies are not important especially if all you want is to move the baby from one location to another.

Because S4 babies are not your personal cup of coffee or interest doesn't mean they shouldn't be worked on especially if the devs have the spare resources to.
    So if there's an opportunity to push for it I don't see why people who care much about it shouldn't speak up. S4 is a game for everyone regardless of anyone's personal preference nd what anyone think is important to them or not. If the baby life stage can be updated in the Sims 4 why not, no one has to wait until sims 5. S4 nd S5 will be two separate games nd meanwhile not everyone would be porting to S5 (for different reasons) and no one is ever certain about the future we can only but speculate. what if tomorrow there's no S5 cause of general unforseen circumstances i.e natural disaster (God forbid tho but just saying) so why not get the best out of the game or things in general that you presently have if u can.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Babies don't need a whole lot of physical options, seeing as they're only babies for a few days... but how you treat that screaming bundle of poop should affect how they become toddlers in some way. 'Happy baby/Sad baby'. Or maybe four options? Happy Baby/Sad baby. Clean baby/Dirty baby.

Kinda depends on whether the devs want to do something special.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Babies don't need a whole lot of physical options, seeing as they're only babies for a few days... but how you treat that screaming bundle of poop should affect how they become toddlers in some way. 'Happy baby/Sad baby'. Or maybe four options? Happy Baby/Sad baby. Clean baby/Dirty baby.

Kinda depends on whether the devs want to do something special.

i honestly like the idea of it effecting the toddlers some how
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don’t think devs are working on them but that said I think they should not be considered furniture. In the sims 2 babies could be bathed in the sink, if you had store items they could go in a chair and under a mobile/play mat thing. But even without the store you could at least bring babies out the crib. Sims 3 of course introduced proms/strollers in generations and again had store content and again at least without store content the babies were not objects.

One of my favourite things in the sims 3 is rocking babies in the rocking chair, it’s such a sweet interaction. I like how in previous games sims even got wants /wishes to interact with their baby. In the sims 4 they only care when the crib starts crying.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    We'd probably see enhancements to teens or elders before babies.

• Options
    Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    I think the mere fact they added the interaction to age a baby up the SECOND it was born speaks volumes about their views of the life stage....I'd like to see something happen with them also but I am not holding my breath
  • Options

Because S4 babies are not your personal cup of coffee or interest doesn't mean they shouldn't be worked on especially if the devs have the spare resources to.
    So if there's an opportunity to push for it I don't see why people who care much about it shouldn't speak up. S4 is a game for everyone regardless of anyone's personal preference nd what anyone think is important to them or not. If the baby life stage can be updated in the Sims 4 why not, no one has to wait until sims 5. S4 nd S5 will be two separate games nd meanwhile not everyone would be porting to S5 (for different reasons) and no one is ever certain about the future we can only but speculate. what if tomorrow there's no S5 cause of general unforseen circumstances i.e natural disaster (God forbid tho but just saying) so why not get the best out of the game or things in general that you presently have if u can.

S4 babies are fine. It's wasting time adding to a three day life stage that isn't my cup of tea (I prefer tea over coffee). And I don't see the devs as having a whole lot of "spare time". They are usually working hard on something. Every once and a while, they give us something cool out of the blue, which was probably done in all that spare time they have.

And what kind of general unforeseen circumstances i.e. natural disaster do you think could happen that would put a stop to any S5 planning (if, indeed, there is any S5 planning going on) that wouldn't put a stop to completing S4 too?

I can't think of anything that would make a S4 baby more fun. They are wrapped like a taco with only a face. Someone suggested being able to "carry" them around, but where would you carry them to? What would you do with them? I remember how in past versions, you could put the baby in the dishwasher, is that what players are wanting?

If you add too much to the taco babies, they'll encroach on those wonderful toddlers they gave us. And we don't want that, now do we. This way, you have a simple baby with simple needs and then, on their birthday, you suddenly have a little rug rat crawling around and getting into mischief. Why would you want to change that dynamic?

How about we try this. Let's make a clear, comprehensive list of all the "improvements" that everyone who wants S4 babies to be improved, so the devs understand and know what players are expecting with an improved three day life stage baby. I'll start.

1. Allow taco baby to be carried around and left anywhere, anytime the sim wants to and then forgets to put the baby back. Just like in past versions.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

S4 babies are fine. It's wasting time adding to a three day life stage that isn't my cup of tea (I prefer tea over coffee). And I don't see the devs as having a whole lot of "spare time". They are usually working hard on something. Every once and a while, they give us something cool out of the blue, which was probably done in all that spare time they have.

And what kind of general unforeseen circumstances i.e. natural disaster do you think could happen that would put a stop to any S5 planning (if, indeed, there is any S5 planning going on) that wouldn't put a stop to completing S4 too?

I can't think of anything that would make a S4 baby more fun. They are wrapped like a taco with only a face. Someone suggested being able to "carry" them around, but where would you carry them to? What would you do with them? I remember how in past versions, you could put the baby in the dishwasher, is that what players are wanting?

If you add too much to the taco babies, they'll encroach on those wonderful toddlers they gave us. And we don't want that, now do we. This way, you have a simple baby with simple needs and then, on their birthday, you suddenly have a little rug rat crawling around and getting into mischief. Why would you want to change that dynamic?

How about we try this. Let's make a clear, comprehensive list of all the "improvements" that everyone who wants S4 babies to be improved, so the devs understand and know what players are expecting with an improved three day life stage baby. I'll start.

1. Allow taco baby to be carried around and left anywhere, anytime the sim wants to and then forgets to put the baby back. Just like in past versions.

Coffee, tea, whatever name it is you plaese to like, you get the point there.

If they can put out a survey which includes babies, it means they probably consider it and if they consider it well enough, they would know how to organize their schedules nd resources to meeting this objective regardless of the multiple projects they still have doing. You can't speak on their behalf that they can't plan for it. They have done it for toddlers nd if they well please they can do it again for the babies and all other life stages.

Again we do not have to wait for S5 to get the best out of S4....it's as simple as that..

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, since teens was first on his list , in Grant's tweet, if they are trying to tweak anything it would be teens. Grant seems to do what he wants to do first, instead of player requests. No offense, but that is how it has looked to me concerning TS4 since day one. They do what they want first. Like the comments about werewolves, many want them, but he said no plans (I guess not yet) since they think other life states would be more fun. Now, which do you think they would do first?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

If they can put out a survey which includes babies, it means they probably consider it and if they consider it well enough, they would know how to organize their schedules nd resources to meeting this objective regardless of the multiple projects they still have doing. You can't speak on their behalf that they can't plan for it. They have done it for toddlers nd if they well please they can do it again for the babies and all other life stages.

Again we do not have to wait for S5 to get the best out of S4....it's as simple as that..

Surveys do mean they are considering working on anything in that survey. They are simply trying to gauge interest. When a poll from a guru comes out, that is a better sign that it is being considered.

Have you considered that improving babies was considered and the answer was no?
  • Options

2) Give babies a bath

3) Give them a bouncy chair/swing to sit in and be interacted with and they can interact with the world

4). Rocking chair so sims can rock their babies to sleep. Maybe some babies could be bad sleepers etc

5) Prams for babies so they can go to community lots. Feels weird that on a family day out the baby stays home every time.

6) Babies could have a little character. As said above some could be fussy, some could be great sleepers, some not so. Babies count teethe, learn to crawl.

Remember it’s three days for infants on a normal life span, for those that play on long life it’s a lot longer.
  • Options

2) Give babies a bath

3) Give them a bouncy chair/swing to sit in and be interacted with and they can interact with the world

4). Rocking chair so sims can rock their babies to sleep. Maybe some babies could be bad sleepers etc

5) Prams for babies so they can go to community lots. Feels weird that on a family day out the baby stays home every time.

6) Babies could have a little character. As said above some could be fussy, some could be great sleepers, some not so. Babies count teethe, learn to crawl.

Remember it’s three days for infants on a normal life span, for those that play on long life it’s a lot longer.

For some of those, babies would need to be redesigned to have arms and legs. Are you requesting that as well?
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Surveys do mean they are considering working on anything in that survey. They are simply trying to gauge interest. When a poll from a guru comes out, that is a better sign that it is being considered.

Have you considered that improving babies was considered and the answer was no?

I'm guessing you meant to say 'do not mean' not do mean but if do mean is exactly what you meant then yeah you're stating my point but however that's why I carefully used the word 'Probably' in my coment..so no discussion there

Again if they can, they should by all means go ahead.

I'm not necessarily after which of the life stages they would work on first neither I'm I suggesting that babies are in works or would certainly be in works but if they can plan to upgrade it in Sims 4 then they should please go ahead and do so.

• Options

2) Give babies a bath

For some of those, babies would need to be redesigned to have arms and legs. Are you requesting that as well?

But the babies have arms and legs in 4?

You asked for how babies could be improved, that was my suggestion.
  • Options

2) Give babies a bath

Don't mind @Dannydanbo...the simmer is just having fun antagonizing this discussion with silly questions like this cause 'it's not his/her cup of tea'

You're suggestions are pretty what they should consider including if they ever consider upgrading babies in future
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    BridgetKV wrote: »
    I have to agree with @x_Always_Heart_x. If we can't get better gameplay, I at least want some variety in how the babies look. The same 3 bassinets get old after a while, as do the clothes.

You want a baby stuff pack? Two new recolors of crib, and some hair on those heads? $10
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    If Sims 4 doesn’t improve babies, then I hope at least Sims 5 does. That would raise Sims 5 a lot in my eyes if they had unchained babies (and the improved toddlers). :smile:

I just love the cute babies (both in Sims games and in real life). #Freethebabies !!!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

2) Give babies a bath

Don't mind @Dannydanbo...the simmer is just having fun antagonizing this discussion with silly questions like this cause 'it's not his/her cup of tea'

You're suggestions are pretty what they should consider including if they ever consider upgrading babies in future

My point is, is that players have been requesting babies to be "fixed" from the base game. After toddlers, it got a huge boost to fix babies. If they were going to do something with babies (and what people want fixed does not seem unreasonable or hard) wouldn't they have done so by now? What are they waiting for? If the devs want to fix babies, fine by me, fix them, but what is taking so long? When will it happen? What's the point of fixing babies at the very last minute in S4 before releasing S5 with (hopefully) fantastic babies? The baby window is closing fast, surely I'm not the only one to see that.