Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There A Mod For This? Thread

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Anyone know if there is a height mod? I know there is a cheat and you can use simpe, but it would sure be nice to have something like the TS3 height mod.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a height mod? I know there is a cheat and you can use simpe, but it would sure be nice to have something like the TS3 height mod.

Nope. That is something that has yet to be made. Maybe one day, heck they said new CAS sliders were impossible, we have those now! So only the cheat unfortunately.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2018

I've never tried this make sure to read all instructions. Not sure if it works with any later packs, I didn't read all notes.

http://modthesims.info/d/588159

Never mind the wrong search came up and that was for TS4. lol I lost the test version link for TS2...will search later.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Nope. That is something that has yet to be made. Maybe one day, heck they said new CAS sliders were impossible, we have those now! So only the cheat unfortunately.

If I recall correctly, the reason they thought we couldn't do sliders was due to something about how CAS works... the height thing we can do in game but it majorly messes up animations. :(
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

If I recall correctly, the reason they thought we couldn't do sliders was due to something about how CAS works... the height thing we can do in game but it majorly messes up animations. :(

I'm ok with the animations being off. I just like the look of diversity in my town. Honestly, I rarely force my simmies to do any romantic interactions...I let them decide that on their own. So I probably wouldn't see it anyway.

I just loved my TS3 town and how diverse it looked, especially among children and teens. It made the town look so vivid. I think Consort made the mod for TS3. I wonder if he/she would be willing to look at the TS2 game files.
  • Options

Ya it was how CAS worked. It would be awesome if someone could figure out how to add height to CAS!
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,786 Member
    Is there a mod which stops the 'electrocution skeleton' outfit when a Sim gets shocked and instead only uses the singed/fried outfit? (like happens in Sims 3)
    The constant appearance shifts would lag my game a lot and I'm still very scared of that effect, so I'd certainly appreciate it a lot if there was a mod for it. :3 thank you.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    You might check on Cyjon's old mod site, through all those mods, but I think the one for electrocution is to stop the Sim from dying. Not stop the actual occurance and not sure it's for ligtening strikes or just repairs or the electric chair in game.

The burnt Sim outfit can be applied in CAS if you just want that look for stories etc. without actually electrocuting anyone. When you create a Sim you can apply that outfit as the everyday one so it will be in their closet (with boolprop cheat).

Here's the link to Cyjon's mods. Read the first page about how the mods work with Smarter EP check or they may not work. But scroll down to one about electrocution. I don't know if they removed the animation or not. Probably not, might just keep them from dying as I said but you can test it on a different game.

http://cyjon.net/node/42
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,786 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You might check on Cyjon's old mod site, through all those mods, but I think the one for electrocution is to stop the Sim from dying. Not stop the actual occurance and not sure it's for ligtening strikes or just repairs or the electric chair in game.

The burnt Sim outfit can be applied in CAS if you just want that look for stories etc. without actually electrocuting anyone. When you create a Sim you can apply that outfit as the everyday one so it will be in their closet (with boolprop cheat).

Here's the link to Cyjon's mods. Read the first page about how the mods work with Smarter EP check or they may not work. But scroll down to one about electrocution. I don't know if they removed the animation or not. Probably not, might just keep them from dying as I said but you can test it on a different game.

http://cyjon.net/node/42

Hmm, alas, it's not really what I'm looking for. :/ I'm fine with all aspects of electric shocks in my gameplay but that skeleton. :(

Thanks for helping.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    If it's just a performance issue turning down graphic settings to low can relieve some lag. Don't know what to tell you to avoid seeing the skeleton animation. Other than getting a mod that stops all electric shocks. Or avoiding things like outside during storms, no repairs without high skills and no use of the career reward chair. But those were so watered down when they released the second Seasons' patch it's hard to imagine anyone actually sees these anymore without forcing them. All random bad stuff was toned down to a more rare occurence (wow I just made an oxymoron) (rare can't be more rare, ROFL) in the second or third Seasons' patch.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi, is there a mod that lets your Sims gain skills on community lots? I was disappointed when my Sims couldn't gain any body skill at the gym I made.
    Post edited by Terra on
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Hi, is there a mod that lets your Sims gain skills on community lots? I was disappointed when my Sims couldn't gain any body skill at the gym I made.

There is, but it's on MATY, so I don't think I link it. Just google Sims 2 and skill on community lots and you'll either get the link to it or a site that can link to MATY will have it linked.
  • Options

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91613.0.html here ya go. :)
  • Options

Thanks, looks like I won't be able to use it since you need Apartment Life which was never made for the Mac. But thanks for linking it anyway. :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Seera1024 wrote: »

There is, but it's on MATY, so I don't think I link it. Just google Sims 2 and skill on community lots and you'll either get the link to it or a site that can link to MATY will have it linked.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/

ETA: I can't remember (may need to look on his home page) if this was just for AL or if it was created before and just updated to work with AL, too. AL may not be needed but look under the other EP hack list over there, to make sure it was created before AL.
  • Options

Thanks, looks like I won't be able to use it since you need Apartment Life which was never made for the Mac. But thanks for linking it anyway. :smile:

Oh dang sorry didn't realize that... try this one, it is good through pets.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7129

There are 2 versions of this one, one for everyone, and one for only selectable sims.
  • Options

Oh dang sorry didn't realize that... try this one, it is good through pets.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7129

There are 2 versions of this one, one for everyone, and one for only selectable sims.

Woot woot thanks!!!!