Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Sims are Humans?

In a recent patch the play with Genetics screen was updated, this shows the life state of the "Sim" and I found out that Sims are Humans, does this mean they are not Sims? I always presumed they were Humans but normally when Sims are talked about they are called Sims and in the past the life state was called "Sim" so now they have confirmed that Sims are Humans.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Well, all Sims that are a certain lifestate are still Sims. But strictly talking about the normal ones, I mean, yeah. I thought everybody knew this, honestly.

Aside from being fictional beings within a game, they are human. And since the word "Sim" comes from "simulator", the game being a real-life simulator ( more or less ), they can't call the series "The Humans".

Plus, if memory serves, the normal lifestage for the Sims in the Sims 3 was referred to as "Human" with the Supernatural EP.
  • Options
    Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    They are simulated humans. :)
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Is there something I'm missing? Simulated humans seemed to be an obvious conclusion.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    BenincasaBenincasa Posts: 104 Member
    The creator Will Wright's whole point with the Sims was creating a interior decorator simulator and then he decided to put people in it to see how they were doing in their home. That is why the Sims in the Sims one even had a "room" bar to see how the furniture, lights etc effected the Sim. So yeah, it's simulated humans.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    In a recent patch the play with Genetics screen was updated, this shows the life state of the "Sim" and I found out that Sims are Humans, does this mean they are not Sims? I always presumed they were Humans but normally when Sims are talked about they are called Sims and in the past the life state was called "Sim" so now they have confirmed that Sims are Humans.

Thoughts?

My thoughts is that this was a well known fact that they were simulated humans.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member

Thoughts?

My thoughts is that this was a well known fact that they were simulated humans.

Same... I mean what else could they be.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I guessed that, I just thought this was the first official confirmation.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    They have some significant biological differences. I don't think they're human.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

What differences?
  • Options
    AmySims09 wrote: »

What differences?
    They don't require kidneys for survival, they have a much more efficient digestive tract, a three-day gestation period, ect. You can read more here if you're interested.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Anatomy_of_Sims
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

What differences?
    They don't require kidneys for survival, they have a much more efficient digestive tract, a three-day gestation period, ect. You can read more here if you're interested.

They also die far quicker.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes sims are humans. I mean it's a game, but yes they are humans. They can be turned into vampires, die and become ghosts and there are sim aliens.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2018
    [Deleted]
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    They also die far quicker.

They accomplish everything quicker, such as lose weight lol.

There is also another reference to them being human with the pets expansion since there is an interaction to scold their pets for eating human food.

But I don't consider them to be human at all - they are sims and have abilities that are not human and that make them unique.

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member

What differences?

^^
    THIS is what makes me think that Sims were humanoid based life forms, NOT HUMANS.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    They are digital dolls.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited January 2018

Thoughts?

Not in my world and I don't let my game write my stories. I write my stories. My simuverse exist in what grew on a piece of food behind the fridge.

ETA:
    There is a difference between humanoid and human. Mine are humanoid but definitely not human.
    Post edited by ladybreid on
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    I think they are humans like in the pregnancy department cos who wants to wait 9 months for the baby to be born?
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I view it as their lifestate being considered "Human" as opposed to "Vampire" or "Alien" or "Ghost" but they're probably more humanized then actually human though.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    A Sim is a simulated entity.

they are then broken up into various life states

Human, Pet, Alien, Plant, Robot,
    Ghost, Vampire, Werewolf, Sorcerer, Elven, merman
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2018
    I would imagine it's human vs vampire vs alien vs cat vs dog. Is there something else the non-supernatural, biped sims should be classed as?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

What differences?

^^
    THIS is what makes me think that Sims were humanoid based life forms, NOT HUMANS.
    That is correct. While they are undeniably humanoid, they are also not 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sapiens.

EDIT: Dog bless you autocensor. You work regardless of context.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Um of course they are humans lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    catitude5 wrote: »
    They are digital dolls.

Not really. Have you played with dolls? Dolls don't do anything - you pretend they do but believe me they don't act like Sims. Dolls don't get hungry - they don't have likes and dislikes, they don't procreate, they don't change or die, they are jointed, they don't have toilet needs, or get sick.. So not dolls at all - they are definitely simulated humanoids as they do everything we do - just about and nothing that dolls do at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Yes they are virtual “humans” - the ‘human’ tag was added when Vampires were added, as they (along with Aliens) are not considered ‘human’ in the same sense as a Sim.