Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The People of the Light Tribe - A Sims 4 Tribe Based Story (Ending | 09/12/2019)

Comments

• Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    I absolutely loved that you included two POV's before the wedding. Can't wait to see how these two will handle ruling together and how quickly Xander admits his feelings for Mel now that they live under the same roof. <3

I loved the pictures of Mel and her Family! Such attention hogging toddlers! :D
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    I absolutely loved that you included two POV's before the wedding. Can't wait to see how these two will handle ruling together and how quickly Xander admits his feelings for Mel now that they live under the same roof. <3

Thanks. It is essentially a day where the pair become one couple so I wanted to show parts of how Xander's family react to him leaving/his last day. We don't usually see too much of that. It made writing it easier because when I wanted to end a specific scene I just switched over to the other house.

Toddlers definitely hog the attention.

On the topic of hogging attention: I think Evan would definitely have complained about his baby sister taking all of his parents' attention. Sure, he was supposed to be the heir but she was getting the most attention as a new born. Although, I doubt he understood either the fact that he was supposed to be king or the fact Mellie was just a baby then. (He didn't want another sibling. Which is totally the reaction my niece had when she found out she was getting a brother. Now you can't split them up. :lol: )
  • Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Thanks. It is essentially a day where the pair become one couple so I wanted to show parts of how Xander's family react to him leaving/his last day. We don't usually see too much of that. It made writing it easier because when I wanted to end a specific scene I just switched over to the other house.

On the topic of hogging attention: I think Evan would definitely have complained about his baby sister taking all of his parents' attention. Sure, he was supposed to be the heir but she was getting the most attention as a new born. Although, I doubt he understood either the fact that he was supposed to be king or the fact Mellie was just a baby then. (He didn't want another sibling. Which is totally the reaction my niece had when she found out she was getting a brother. Now you can't split them up. :lol: )

Which is why I appreciate that chapter so much. I'm guessing we won't get to see much of Xander's old household from now on, so it was a special treat to get that little insiders look.
    I think that's every toddler! I told my mom to take my sister back when she brought her home.
  • Options

Which is why I appreciate that chapter so much. I'm guessing we won't get to see much of Xander's old household from now on, so it was a special treat to get that little insiders look.
    I think that's every toddler! I told my mom to take my sister back when she brought her home.

We won't see much of Xand's family although we will see them soon again. And not for a good reason. It was kind of hinted at in this chapter at points... :'( But, before we see them again, we have one more royals chapter and then, as @MrsRacooney put it when I was talking to her about it, 'Peasants!' xD
  • Options
    Also just a thing....we will see Mel in more Red now the wedding is over. It's a weird culture thing I have thought over a lot and it's kinda complicated. But, I'm going to try to explain.
    Basically, heirs to the throne don't wear their tribe colour until they become the monarch. With the exception of their wedding day, in which they do. Usually, in most cases, an heir is married before they become ruling monarch so then they get to wear the colour of their tribe but it's a unique clothing to identify from other royals within their household.(You'll see what I mean in a minute.)

Any other children of the monarch wear white until they hit their teens, which is when they get to wear their tribe colour, this kinda makes it easier for any guards or whatever to keep an eye out for the heir (and the others too but remembering the heir is carrying on the royal family). However, this coloured clothing is different from the monarch's clothing so there isn't any slip ups with who the monarch is.

For Context: In Adredos, you probably are aware that their main colour is blue (and white but white is universal to all the tribes). Archelaus is the king. His main everyday clothing (which you've not seen) is blue but it's a completely different clothing from what Xand wore when he lived there. His son, Archippos, the heir to Adredos only wears white because he is the heir. His brother, Ariston, who is now a teen, wears what Xand wore as a prince. If Archelaus (the king) abdicates in favour of his oldest son, then Archelaus goes back to wearing what Ariston wears (which is what happened to Archimedes btw) BUT, Archelaus would not be Prince, he would be the King's father like Archimedes is right now. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Here's some more bonus pics:
    Some of Evan & Mel that I forgot earlier...
    vE52RnZl.png
    43BfOn5l.png
    K4EkRvrl.png
    And Thycon and Alecto (from their wedding photo shoot...hence Alecto in a green dress. :) )
    nY7BKuCl.png
    0ptV4uEl.png
    BbIv1yxl.png
    GcVTYYil.png
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Omg Melete looks so much like Thycon!
  • Options

@simscognito Of course she does. That's literally what everyone was telling her last chapter.
  • Options
    Okay. Bonus stuff for you. I love writing Mellie ranting to anyone but Xand (her tone switches with anyone but Xand if you've not noticed). I'll give you a sample of it because I'm so impressed with how great I think it is:
    Melete '...GO OR I WILL HAVE YOU BANISHED FROM THIS LAND NEVER TO RETURN, YOU IMPERTINENT FOOL.'
  • Options
    Weird Fact: I've actually based the medical side of the culture this story is set in on actual history ('cause I know that actual history very well and it's strange enough that I'm going with it.) I think that's the only thing I did base on a specific part of history. The rest is a muddle of actual stuff that happened in that time period and other stuff that I wanted to include. :)
  • Options
    Okay. Bonus stuff for you. I love writing Mellie ranting to anyone but Xand (her tone switches with anyone but Xand if you've not noticed). I'll give you a sample of it because I'm so impressed with how great I think it is:
    Melete '...GO OR I WILL HAVE YOU BANISHED FROM THIS LAND NEVER TO RETURN, YOU IMPERTINENT FOOL.'

Oh no! Who could Melete be talking to? Hopefully not Xander. :(
  • Options

I promise you it's not Xand. (Mellie loves Xand so she wouldn't even threaten to banish him. More give him the silent treatment which annoys him even more. :lol: ) :) This actually isn't for a while but I wanted to write it anyway. :)
  • Options

I promise you it's not Xand. (Mellie loves Xand so she wouldn't even threaten to banish him. More give him the silent treatment which annoys him even more. :lol: ) :) This actually isn't for a while but I wanted to write it anyway. :)

Eek. then who is it??? One of her kids?
  • Options

Nope, although this takes place after two of her kids have been born.
  • Options

Not Atlas. :(
  • Options

Nope. Not Atlas. :) If you want to know, it's one of the Light 'politicians' (best way of describing their role) who offends her on something. I think she's actually pregnant at this point. I haven't quite decided when she's having her third kid yet. :lol:
  • Options

Nope. Not Atlas. :) If you want to know, it's one of the Light 'politicians' (best way of describing their role) who offends her on something. I think she's actually pregnant at this point. I haven't quite decided when she's having her third kid yet. :lol:

Oh... have we met them?
  • Options

Oh... have we met them?

Nope. We will in time though. I also promise it's not Kreios (Melete's cousin/godfather...he basically helped raise her so she wouldn't dare...)
  • Options

Oh... have we met them?

Nope. We will in time though. I also promise it's not Kreios (Melete's cousin/godfather...he basically helped raise her so she wouldn't dare...)

Hmmm.... Now I'll be on guard for all newcomers in the story. XD
  • Options

Oh... have we met them?

We'll meet some other new characters before we meet him. xD
  • Options

Oh... have we met them?

We'll meet some other new characters before we meet him. xD

Still, I'll be watching them carefully.
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I can already see my busy self getting lost in the amounts of bonus material for this story. It's a challenge, really. Anyway... We try :D
    But, before we see them again, we have one more royals chapter and then, as @MrsRacooney put it when I was talking to her about it, 'Peasants!' xD

:D
    43BfOn5l.png

Waaaaaaa :scream: Cutest siblings ever! Wish Evan was still alive, they'd be such great siblings :bawling:

She does! And Aoide looks like Alecto, doesn't she? Although I can spot facial features of Thycon as well

fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I can already see my busy self getting lost in the amounts of bonus material for this story. It's a challenge, really. Anyway... We try :D
    But, before we see them again, we have one more royals chapter and then, as @MrsRacooney put it when I was talking to her about it, 'Peasants!' xD

:D
    43BfOn5l.png

Waaaaaaa :scream: Cutest siblings ever! Wish Evan was still alive, they'd be such great siblings :bawling:

She does! And Aoide looks like Alecto, doesn't she? Although I can spot facial features of Thycon as well
    @MrsRacooney I thought I'd quote you on that one...your reaction was hilarious when I told you.

But if Evan had survived, Mel wouldn't be Queen... I'm actually planning to either submit Evander to a casting call (not yours story as you have Aoide and they can't exist in the same universe...) or use him myself in a story. :)

Well, Mel would look like Thycon. Thycon (and Alecto) were created using the 'create parent' option in CAS...
    I actually don't know what you're seeing in Aoide. I didn't create Aoide from Thycon... :open_mouth: I created her when I was going to go for a different story but settled on this one. Aoide's dad is a random guy I deleted afterwards. Although, in story he is her actual dad.
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
  • Options
    I had this prewritten so here's another chapter.
    Chapter 15
    tumblr_inline_pa4d1yiGbc1v2lczu_540.png
  • Options