Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited July 2009
    Woo-hoo.

I liked how it was in sims 2. Legs popping out, an arm coming out, the movements under the covers ... woo-hoo in sims 3 is kinda boring ....
  • Options
    kateyjnkateyjn Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It takes forever for custom patterns to load!!
  • Options
    sodatwentysodatwenty Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I just hate how when you go to work,go to the movies,shopping etc.. you can hear sounds but you can not see what they are doing!!!!That really bugs me! :x
  • Options
    yelraacyelraac Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i know a lot of peopel have said hair but i'm saying it again.
    i think also, that we should have a slider that allows us to make hair longer or shorter :)
  • Options
    GeorgiiaaaGeorgiiaaa Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2009
    - My problem is it alwaysss freezes on me x :(
  • Options
    HEAVENSENT61991HEAVENSENT61991 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lack of animations... I hate the way they don't get in the car right and I miss the animations when they have their first kiss or woohoo! (Or is this just me?) lol
  • Options
    HEAVENSENT61991HEAVENSENT61991 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    yelraac wrote:
    i know a lot of peopel have said hair but i'm saying it again.
    i think also, that we should have a slider that allows us to make hair longer or shorter :)

YES! I 100% agree with that! lol I was thinking the same thing... they should have sliders to make the hair longer or shorter and also sliders for maybe the chest area and butt...
  • Options
    madmilkpinkmadmilkpink Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    we cant make our own towns
  • Options
    hockeyplayer71hockeyplayer71 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i have alot of things i dont like
    starting at no pets ive never actully played the pets version but i would like to to have a pet in our sims lives another thing is the faces look exactley alike also i keep having crashes then my computer says no singnal and then shuts down also i hate how the hair is nowhere like the hair today and the slow speeds and the graphics look worse on sims 3 then on sims 2 one last thing is i really really really emphisis on really want this game on the xbox 360 as soon as possible
  • Options
    PigFartsIsOnMarsPigFartsIsOnMars Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2009
    Well First that the sims faces are fat on here, i can't never get a skinny face and you don't have as much clothes and hair to choose from which i really hate and i don't like how you can't make your own town when you want.
    oops that was a few...sorry...
  • Options
    sparrowhyperionsparrowhyperion Posts: 90 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Beyond losing all of the features TS2 had... I'd have to say that my number 1 complaint is the broken custom content installer. EA hasn't even acknowledged the problem, let alone fixed it. So until they do, I can't play with my custom content. Including the stuff I got in the overpriced store. All it does is load the installer and hang at 0%
  • Options
    CYLONVAMPCYLONVAMP Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2009
    I miss the Matchmaker. I have one Sim who just doesn't seem to have any real chemistry with anyone she meets. At least through the Matchmaker she might have a better chance. But then again, she's a hot-head with no sense of humor. Maybe not. :)

I also miss little things like gift giving. That was kind of nice.
  • Options
    acknaracknar Posts: 89 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Posting more than 1, I don't care;

1- No Electric Guitar (the stupid guitar that comes with the game is an acoustic)
    2- When my sims get their own car, the carpool keeps showing up, I HATE that.
    3- No way to stop the stupid newspaper from being delivered.
    4- Can't Woohoo, do romantic interactions, etc anywhere on the lot without other sims finding out. I find this incredibly annoying. How does the wife who was all the way outside on the street getting out of her limo suddenly find out that her husband had just finished woohoo with a romantic interest? I want it like it was back in TS1 or TS2 where they had to be in the same room.
    5- No way to "Hire" sims once you own a building. You can "fire" sims but you can't hire them. Sometimes you meet a specific sim that would be perfect for the job but you can't hire them. No nepotism.
    6- There is absolutely no need for the sims to whine. Absolutely no need what so ever. It's a stupid feature left over from Sim City (yes Sim City) when the city managers would "whine" to you about problems in the city. This should have ended in TS2, but for some idiotic reason it carried over to the Sims 3 and the only way to get rid of it is by using awesomemod. I deplore having to use 3rd party mods/utilities just to get the right gaming experience.
    7- All the bugs that were never fixed. Bugs like; invite a sim over select "train sim" the sim you invited is now stuck on the workout machine until they stink and get fatigued. There is no way to get the sim off the machine.
    8- Sims are still taking too long to do basic things. It took my sim nearly 10 minutes to stop what he was doing and walk over to another sim. It took another sim nearly 30 minutes to figure out how to get around another sim.
    9- It's build as a community, but it's not really a community. Why can't my sim be a Maid, or a fireman? While being said service person why can't I see them go to people's houses and so on?
    Maid, fireman, repairman, policeman, pizza delivery driver (part of culinary), burglar should have all been integrated into the the game organically. None of that "oppertunities" garbage. What I mean by this is, if you decide to be a maid, you get the maid outfit when you go to work and you can actually follow your sim as they go to other houses and do the cleaning. Same with policeman (as they respond to calls and so on) or fireman.
  • Options
    mountanddomountanddo Posts: 130 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I thought of another one.

ALL my sims choke on EVERY meal while they are eating no matter if the food sucks or not. What's up with that. Some EA exec think that might be funny to happen every time?
  • Options
    AnemoneRoseAnemoneRose Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have to pick just one? ***...

um... probably that they lost sight of the big things. There are less couches, beds, hairdos and so on. (pls let there b expansions soon 2 correct this)

But they added in little things like toilet paper (Which is good cuz i want my sims to WIPE! lol)

So yeah, less items for me 2 hav fun with.....
  • Options
    badtothebone322badtothebone322 Posts: 5,914 Member
    edited July 2009
    no curley hair!
    FamilyPortrait1.png
    Click my signature to check out my TS4 legacy challenge!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i have alot of things i dont like
    starting at no pets ive never actully played the pets version but i would like to to have a pet in our sims lives another thing is the faces look exactley alike also i keep having crashes then my computer says no singnal and then shuts down also i hate how the hair is nowhere like the hair today and the slow speeds and the graphics look worse on sims 3 then on sims 2 one last thing is i really really really emphisis on really want this game on the xbox 360 as soon as possible

I think your problem, sir, is that you need a better computer for running the game better.

I keep mine on high quality all the time and its really much better looking than the Sims 2... but yeah, i would like pets and all the faces are fat, especially on little kids.

I'm sorry, but all your facial features dont stay the same size as you get older. If you have a small nose as an adult, it should hav been small as a kid.

Your face doesnt grow around your nose and eyes...
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    OMIGOSH! i thought of another thing that REALLY bothers me

YOU CANT CHANGE CHEST SIZE
    god, even when the sims are fat, they are still practically flat. theyre all so tiny...

I want changeable tator-tot size so when the person im making is supposed to hav big hoo-has, she can have them (or he. lol)

(haha, it was bleeped. try again)
  • Options
    KayleighmartinKayleighmartin Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It takes forever to build a house jeez! i wanna change everything, and is it just me or is there not alot of furniture and hair/clothes? i understand theres the store but you have to pay and i aint got internet at my house only my mums! xx :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    OMIGOSH! i thought of another thing that REALLY bothers me

YOU CANT CHANGE CHEST SIZE
    god, even when the sims are fat, they are still practically flat. theyre all so tiny...

I want changeable tator-tot size so when the person im making is supposed to hav big hoo-has, she can have them (or he. lol)

(haha, it was bleeped. try again)

I agree! what is with the tiny chest!! its like totally flat! at least give em a bit of them!! xx
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Gruffman wrote:
    Woo-hoo.

I liked how it was in sims 2. Legs popping out, an arm coming out, the movements under the covers ... woo-hoo in sims 3 is kinda boring ....

Lol 🐸🐸🐸🐸! :D x
  • Options
    Nick229509Nick229509 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    You cant make your own town. The hair styles. Can't place lots freely. Sims run EVERYWHERE! The mother drives to the hospital when in labor. :evil: :shock: :(
  • Options
    PinkiePie618PinkiePie618 Posts: 798 Member
    edited July 2009
    The fact that little kids don't run out to hug their parents after they're home from work.
  • Options
    tessierootessieroo Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The game Launcher - most useless piece of garbage I've ever seen! THANK GOD the Sims community has already come out with a way to install custom content without using it. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    VazaVaza Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    New families and their finances, they still start out with approximately S20,000. EA came up with the potentially good (but obvious) idea to add more money per family member, but it still ends up the case that a new family has to live in a trailer/shack/hovel/etc. Atleast in Sims 2 they earned money quickly, and even in some cases got large bonuses or S10,000, S20,000 or S50,000 for chance cards, but I find it so difficult to earn money. My main sim is the "Leader of the Free World" but was living in a two-bedroom bungalow (with one mediocre bathroom) until I caved and used "motherlode" to give the President of SimEarth a more suitable house. I got the feeling that Sims 2 was more a neighbourhood creator, with plenty of options to change most things, and even, if you had the right tools, change the landscape. But this game seems to have gone back to a more Sims 1 approach of giving you a neighbourhood, but you create and customise the sims in much more detail. However, I find so few options, like I was hoping to have ways of altering them in the CAS, like having kids without having to be married, or starting couples off as girlfriend/boyfriend, and even giving them a level, 2 or 3 job and money to buy a decent house. Also, I enjoyed the family album, and ability to see Sims' memories, that was the best bit of exploring pre-made families. I apologise for having exceeding "Name 1 thing that botheres me"...