Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruGrant confirms The Sims 4's future; "We're not going Anywhere"

Comments

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    If you’re happy with 10 game packs, 8 EP’s and TWENTY FOUR stuff packs, you’re nuts.

I hope it ends ASAP and somebody, ANYBODY, makes a real sims game. I’m quite happy to forget TS4 entirely.

—T

At least we'll be able to make use of all that content at once without the game crashing or taking forever just to visit a new area :p
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Something with ''uncanny valley''.

This is what I'd say is "uncanny valley"
    24974830508_bca8823638_o.jpg

not this

27070611939_9a0fd87a23_z.jpg

The two aren't even on the same level!

Well, I would certainly say that the latter is a bit freaky.

Thank you for your opinion, @Loanet, but it's not uncanny valley, which is what was being spoken about. Freaky and and uncanny valley aren't the same thing.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    If you’re happy with 10 game packs, 8 EP’s and TWENTY FOUR stuff packs, you’re nuts.

I hope it ends ASAP and somebody, ANYBODY, makes a real sims game. I’m quite happy to forget TS4 entirely.

—T

After Seasons and a Tropial Vacation Destination I think I'll be ready for TS5. Hopefully no lifestates are left out of the base game.
    TS5 must be realistic, if it's released in 2020 or 2021 as predicted then it'll be ridiculous if it's cartoony style, by that time technology will much more advanced and they don't have to keep coping with people with older PCs, they can still play older Sims..
    TS5 must be like TS3 but with better graphics and much better animation (TS3 animations were very robotics and horrible even with smoother animation on)

Can you provide an example of what you mean by realistic?

By realistic I mean kinda like this:
    u5ns1y9.jpg

VdBgSpn.jpg

I apologize if the male sim looks way too realistic he's actually kind of cartoony but the well defined beard makes him look weird to be in Sims however I didn't find better picture for the male..
    Notice the girl pic isn't too realistic as might you've expected as I know too much realistic Sims looking like mass effect 3 characters for ex, will look kinda weird but that doesn't mean we can't have more realistic looking Sims
    I think Sims 4 sims are better looking than Sims 3 sims, i love the well defined muscles and abs..
    In TS3 males hardly even had plum, but I think hair textures in TS3 were much better
    I want Sims 4 Sims with TS3 hair not a big tree leaf on their head

I like that first female sim. I would be happy if S5 looked like that. But that’s just me.

—T
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @To7m wrote: »

—T

I’d rather 24 Stuff Packs that Work, than 5000 store sets with most that haven’t worked well overtime.

I didn’t have to buy the entire store to get one item...

—T

Guess I'm nuts. :p I'd much prefer gamepacks and stuff packs over expansion packs.

That’s not nuts, that’s just foolish. You would prefer stuff, over actual gameplay?

Yeah, ok. And people wonder why this game is lacking? This is why.

—T

You did if you wanted the Gameplay item, they weren't sold seperately.
    And Stuff Packs have certain gameplay aspects, and Game Packs are gameplay.

Stuff packs have ONE item (hot tub, slide thing, some fountain idek) that should be in either a GP or EP.

I’ll forever be against SP’s in having any sort of premium item in them. They should have stuff like chairs and clothes, maybe hairs, and that’s it. I feel like I’m forced to buy the entire pack if I want the one ‘gameplay’ time.

How people don’t see they’ve done that clearly on purpose so people lean towards buying them is beyond me. It obvious what they’re doing. SP’s should be STUFF, and that’s it. Nothing ‘premium’ about them.

—T
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Double post. What’s up with my phone jeez.

—T
    Post edited by To7m on
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Also, that blonde lady in the first of three pictures totally is freaky to me.

The cartoonishness is a bit of a step back in realism, but I think that it's better than a shuffle forwards. The eyes of Sims 3 were weird anyway.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Double post.

—T
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wish the people that use cc for there sims 3 sims would say so they might confuse people looking to buy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    > @Lavenderlights said:
    > This is wonderful news. I think sims 4 is a game with plenty of potential, but needs a LOT of time to reach said potential. Just look at the things in ts4 that are frequently lauded as the best in the franchise - vampires, toddlers, and if you wanna throw it in, parenthood in terms of family gameplay as well. See what they all have in common? They're all really, really specific elements of the game. Ts4's style isn't like ts3's where they throw in a wide, expansive variety of gameplay elements into a single pack (i.e. Generations, Supernatural etc.); rather, it works best whenever it's focusing on one very specific element - it's choosing to analyze every dimension of a single box, as opposed to throwing in a whole bunch of 2-dimensional boxes. This is why ts4 needs all the time it could get if it ever wishes to have every one of its' gameplay elements fleshed out.
    >
    > On that font, I wish everyone on the sims team the best of luck in developing this game to the best that it can be.

I couldn't agree more, when they focus on something specific, it turns out great. Just a shame this means they leave out other things to accomplish this. I just hope the features I want to see in this game are on their list of future EP/GP
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2017

—T

I’d rather 24 Stuff Packs that Work, than 5000 store sets with most that haven’t worked well overtime.

—T

Guess I'm nuts. :p I'd much prefer gamepacks and stuff packs over expansion packs.

That’s not nuts, that’s just foolish. You would prefer stuff, over actual gameplay?

—T

Stuff packs have ONE item (hot tub, slide thing, some fountain idek) that should be in either a GP or EP.

I’ll forever be against SP’s in having any sort of premium item in them. They should have stuff like chairs and clothes, maybe hairs, and that’s it. I feel like I’m forced to buy the entire pack if I want the one ‘gameplay’ time.

How people don’t see they’ve done that clearly on purpose so people lean towards buying them is beyond me. It obvious what they’re doing. SP’s should be STUFF, and that’s it. Nothing ‘premium’ about them.

—T

Yes. They are doing that on purpose just for the reason you mentioned :/

Most (if not all) the gameplay stuff we got with SP's so far could have been part of a normal EP. For example the water slide. Could have been in a Seasons EP. etc.

Imo the only packs ''worth'' it are GP's this time. They are focused and better fleshed out. EP's are pulling the shortest stick ever this time around.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited December 2017

—T

—T

—T

—T

They have 1 - 4 Gameplay items, actually.

And no, Stuff Packs only include items that have been confirmed won’t be coming in a GP or an EP

So it’s either, you miss out on these items or you can get them in a Stuff Pack.

And if you have a look at the Stuff Packs, the only Stuff Pack that actually includes item that would normally be in an EP is the Hot Tub or Butler.

The rest of the Stuff Packs have Gameplay items that aren’t usually seen before, or were probably never coming anyway so I think people are making a big deal out of nothing.

The EP & GP team had no interest in Hot Tubs or adding Butlers so we would have went without anyway.

Last thing, a “premium” object on the Sims 3 store could cost up to 500 - 700 Sim Points (if made available seperately).
    For an extra $5 - $3 you get 40 - 60 items in a Sims 4 Stuff Pack, and if you get the on sale, it can be for free.

Also, store sets for The Sims 3 were often 1000 - 2000 Sim Points and you had to pay that go hey the premium item anyway, and you got half the stuff,

Anyone who thinks The Sims 3 store was better, is obviously just happy throwing money away.
    I’m not, so I’ve never bought a thing off it.
  • Options

—T

—T

—T

—T

And no, Stuff Packs only include items that have been confirmed won’t be coming in a GP or an EP

So it’s either, you miss out on these items or you can get them in a Stuff Pack.

And if you have a look at the Stuff Packs, the only Stuff Pack that actually includes item that would normally be in an EP is the Hot Tub or Butler.

The rest of the Stuff Packs have Gameplay items that aren’t usually seen before, or were probably never coming anyway so I think people are making a big deal out of nothing.

The EP & GP team had no interest in Hot Tubs or adding Butlers so we would have went without anyway.

Last thing, a “premium” object on the Sims 3 store could cost up to 500 - 700 Sim Points (if made available seperately).
    For an extra $5 - $3 you get 40 - 60 items in a Sims 4 Stuff Pack, and if you get the on sale, it can be for free.

Also, store sets for The Sims 3 were often 1000 - 2000 Sim Points and you had to pay that go hey the premium item anyway, and you got half the stuff,

Anyone who thinks The Sims 3 store was better, is obviously just happy throwing money away.

You mentioned the store, not me. You said ‘better’, not me. If I wanted one item from the store, I didn’t have to buy an entire pack to get it. I could pick and choose what I wanted.

STUFF packs, should be STUFF. Not GAMEPLAY. It’s that simple. Hot tubs should be in a GP or EP. Again, it’s that simple.

You’re blind to anything EA does anyway, so no point even trying to prove a point to you.

—T

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

heh...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

—T

—T

—T

—T

Are you serious? You're asking for less content in SP's?? EA is a business, that's what you do in a business, find as many ways as you can to entice people into spending money.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    @Orchid13 wrote: »
    I don’t think I’m into the alpha looking sims anymore. I like it more cartoony. I think the worlds could be a little better.

I love the worlds, but Willow Creek, Newcrest and Magonlia Promenade need a HUGE update.

I can't beleive Oasis Springs looks as good as it does, and yet the Willow Creek worlds all have 2D sprites and buildings so close to the playable section. Like everywhere you look in those worlds its 2D.

Yet Granite Falls, Oasis Springs, Windenburg, Brindleton Bay and even San Myshuno only use 2D in the far distance, but the majority looks amazing.

They look good, i would like plants to stand up more though
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

—T

—T

—T

—T

Are you serious? You're asking for less content in SP's?? EA is a business, that's what you do in a business, find as many ways as you can to entice people into spending money.

This is the first Sims series where I have bothered to get all of the stuff packs lmao And it is primarily because I want the game play item (and due to being desperate for game play).
    I only bothered getting TS3's SPs when the series was long over and Steam had sales that made them practically 3 for 1. If it werent for the game play items in this version's stuff packs I'd probably end up doing the same.

They probably learned from three series's worth of forum posts about how useless they thought SPs were and decided to make them less useless lmao Now that they're less useless sooomeone in the world is still mad about it
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member

—T

—T

—T

—T

You mentioned the store, not me. You said ‘better’, not me. If I wanted one item from the store, I didn’t have to buy an entire pack to get it. I could pick and choose what I wanted.

STUFF packs, should be STUFF. Not GAMEPLAY. It’s that simple. Hot tubs should be in a GP or EP. Again, it’s that simple.

You’re blind to anything EA does anyway, so no point even trying to prove a point to you.

—T

I think you're looking at it the wrong way round. There will be stuff packs either way, but the stuff pack team tries to put as much gameplay into it as they can so that everything you buy for TS4 will introduce new gameplay. If, for example, they'd put bowling in Get Together, they would have had to sacrifice one of the other activities to fit the animation budget. But since bowling was its own pack, instead of being shoehorned into Get Together at the expense of another gameplay activity, it got a pack where all the aesthetics were designed to complement the feature. The animation budget for expansion packs isn't endless, so saying that these gameplay features should have been in an EP or GP means that we'd end up with less gameplay overall.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

—T

—T

—T

—T

—T

But picking and choosing what you wanted, would cost you the same (or more) as getting all 60 items.

Gameplay items is stuff. Gameplay is gameplay. But objects with new gameplay are still objects which is stuff.

I'm not blind to EA, I have plenty of complaints.

But I'm not willing to hand over MORE CASH to EA just so I can pick and choose.

You're basically asking EA to charge us more for content.

That's what you're doing.
  • Options
    HugoBeeHugoBee Posts: 36 Member
    That's cool I guess. Don't get me wrong, Sims 4 is great. But it's a bit boring, and no matter what they add, at the end of the day the game is still empty and boring compared to previous titles. I hope Sims 5 is mind blowing and practically a Sims 3 with Sims 4 style CAS but more realistic graphics, not the cartoony style of TS4. I still find the base game of Sims 3 as fun, if not more fun than Sims 4 with all its expansions. And then add all the Sims 3 expansions, which were amazing and boom, there's the game I'm gonna enjoy most. Sims 4 Cats and Dogs was awesome though. First time I've been that excited since Sims 3 expansion announcements.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I think it's important to read that whole interview, not just the thread. Doesn't it have some lies??? (And other annoying things.)

Example: "Typically, on Sims 3 we used to do one expansion per year and then did a couple of stuff packs."

Isn't that an easily disproved lie???

Plus there's a lot of PRey fibbing or "truth" twisting.

Example: "There are little things they wanted. They wanted pools, we introduced pools two months in. We didn't have toddlers; they took a little bit longer..."

"Little" - I don't think it means what Grant thinks it means.

Also, is it wrong to be annoyed by "hardcore casual" and the obvious softball non-attitude of the "interviewer?" This reads like a thinly veiled press release about how TS4 is "good." Fake News Award Nominee from me*!!! PC Games Insider (.biz) :s Ugh. "Access" FTW. :'(

*Mostly kidding, because I hope they do not purport to be news!!!
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I think it's important to read that whole interview, not just the thread. Doesn't it have some lies??? (And other annoying things.)

Example: "Typically, on Sims 3 we used to do one expansion per year and then did a couple of stuff packs."

Isn't that an easily disproved lie???

Plus there's a lot of PRey fibbing or "truth" twisting.

Example: "There are little things they wanted. They wanted pools, we introduced pools two months in. We didn't have toddlers; they took a little bit longer..."

"Little" - I don't think it means what Grant thinks it means.

Also, is it wrong to be annoyed by "hardcore casual" and the obvious softball non-attitude of the "interviewer?" This reads like a thinly veiled press release about how TS4 is "good." Fake News Award Nominee from me*!!! PC Games Insider (.biz) :s Ugh. "Access" FTW. :'(

*Mostly kidding, because I hope they do not purport to be news!!!

There’s so much spin with The Sims 4 it gets hard to take them seriously when they give these interviews. One EP per year in Sims 3? Grant has seriously lost touch with reality, that is the farthest thing from true. 2 per year was standard for 10 years until Sims 4 came along and cut that number in half in favor of doubling the amount of stuff packs.

I also love the sly glossing over of pools and toddlers. We wanted those ‘little’ things.. lol.... those two things alone catapulted Sims 4 into near flop territory before the game even launched - the least they could do is not act like they were minor omissions. Their game easily could have been canned if players didn’t fund their unfinished mess.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »

—T

After Seasons and a Tropial Vacation Destination I think I'll be ready for TS5. Hopefully no lifestates are left out of the base game.
    TS5 must be realistic, if it's released in 2020 or 2021 as predicted then it'll be ridiculous if it's cartoony style, by that time technology will much more advanced and they don't have to keep coping with people with older PCs, they can still play older Sims..
    TS5 must be like TS3 but with better graphics and much better animation (TS3 animations were very robotics and horrible even with smoother animation on)

Can you provide an example of what you mean by realistic?

By realistic I mean kinda like this:
    u5ns1y9.jpg

VdBgSpn.jpg

I apologize if the male sim looks way too realistic he's actually kind of cartoony but the well defined beard makes him look weird to be in Sims however I didn't find better picture for the male..
    Notice the girl pic isn't too realistic as might you've expected as I know too much realistic Sims looking like mass effect 3 characters for ex, will look kinda weird but that doesn't mean we can't have more realistic looking Sims
    I think Sims 4 sims are better looking than Sims 3 sims, i love the well defined muscles and abs..
    In TS3 males hardly even had plum, but I think hair textures in TS3 were much better
    I want Sims 4 Sims with TS3 hair not a big tree leaf on their head

Ok got it thanks. I don't like that art style at all for this game and wouldn't purchase. Different strokes for different folks. I much prefer the current style. I also am not a player that plays myself, family, or friends. I don't feel the need to live out my life through the game
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Woo Hoo!! I'm glad to hear it!!
  • Options
    Updated the OP with the correct link, I'd accidentally linked a dead link.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

—T

—T

—T

—T

—T

I disagree. I much prefer stuff packs having game play items in the mix over just all inanimate stuff. There are infinite amount of gameplay items that could be added to any pack so I don't necessarily see a stuff packs as "taking" from a GP or EP. There are literally thousands of active items that could be added to any pack the game offers--whether seen in The Sims series before or a fresh object idea. This is a life simulator after all. There are hundreds of ways any of the packs could go because life itself is full of variety. That's what makes the game so fun!