Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs Big List of Bugs. We needs a patch soon!

Again, I ask... does no one play test this stuff before release? EA needs to beta release already.

List the bugs you are having since the November Patches and C&D:

1. OMG the standing around for hours is back.
2. Canceling actions in the queue.
3. Stop stealing the food dishes!

Comments

• Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    My dogs don't learn to pee oustine on their own. Usually after a few times asking them to pee they learn to go on their own, but that doesn't work anymore. The Pop up doesn't apear and the dogs keep whining in front of the door no matter how often my sim asked them to go potty.
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    So far I haven't encountered those bugs, but one thing that bugs me enormously is the NPC pets (not strays) that are constantly dirty. My Sim runs a vet clinic and all his patients are filthy and stinky all the time.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sometimes bowls disappear when leaving the lot and coming back.

I'm sure there are more but I can't remember them right now.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    the dreaded "I learned how to pee outside, but I still need your permission to go outside" bug. I even have a doggy door and they still refuse lol.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited November 2017
    If you live in San Myshuno, you have to take them outside. You can't just send them. Which, I guess is realistic. I wish the newspapers were usable for that.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2017
    Well five specific pack bugs/issues that need to be fixed for me are:

1) Not being able to fish or fishing backwards at some of the new locations
    2) Cats getting stuck in the cat tree
    3) NPCs throwing away pet bowls
    4) Wall swatch not showing but a blue screen 3
    5) NPCs need to actually be able to take care of the animals
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I am not 100% sure yet, but I think the less pet stress perk is buggy. Afterwards its as if pets stretch and wave goodbye when you try to tell them they were a good pet after the examination. I am playing a challenge the second time round without the perk and things are deffinetly smoother than with it, no stretching and no 4 stars for a 5 star treatment. Still in testing though ;)
  • Options
    @Scobre yes. The swatching is seriously messed up.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    If you live in San Myshuno, you have to take them outside. You can't just send them. Which, I guess is realistic. I wish the newspapers were usable for that.

My sims live in Bridleton Bay(I have 3 large dogs, so I felt they'd be waaay to cramped in the city). A decent sized house, big yard (the lot across from the Heckings) and yet even with a doggy door they refuse even after learning to go outside. (On a side note thanks for the heads up for SM! I was thinking of making a very small sim family with a Yorkie in the city. <3)

It's one of those odd things since this has been happening since I installed C&D upon release. It's kinda traditional for me to remove my mods from my game (well they were gone anyway due to the patch lol) to test the expansion, and start a test save. After finally getting all 3 of my dogs to learn how to go potty outside..they still wanted permission. Luckily at the moment I installed a few mods to help with it for now.

As @Scobre said above, I noticed a lot of sick pets in other homes too. Like I understand a couple every now and then, But it feels like almost every neighbor (and even stray for that matter) has a sickly, dirty pet that's vomiting. I find myself using the testing cheats needs motive to clean their fur. But I'd have to buy a crazy load of treats to even get half of them better (and my sim's a vet :lol: ).

Which leads me to another question...are all these epic sicknesses connected to the vet clinic? When I say this, I mean: If you have a vet clinic, with a rotation of patients and once you feel like working hours are over and click "disallow patients", could it be that the game still generated sick pets? I'm probably off but it's just something I've been thinking about.

Edit: meant "Patients" lol
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    1) My dog 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about five times when out for a walk, as I was making absolutely sure he was all done before we went back in. When I brought him into the apartment, he whined to be let out to go potty again so he could take a dump. In hindsight, it was kind of funny. But yeah, also kind of annoying.

2) There's a strange graphical bug that sometimes happens with my dog's body suddenly getting stretched out really far... vertically, even. He looked like one of those Stretch Armstrong toys, and it better resembled something out of a horror game.

> @"Inna Minnit" said:
    > If you live in San Myshuno, you have to take them outside. You can't just send them. Which, I guess is realistic. I wish the newspapers were usable for that.

3) Also, this. It is more realistic this way, since I have no idea how the dog is going to use the elevator, but I agree about the newspaper thing: there should be some kind of option for when you live in the city.
  • Options
    @PlagueRaven YES!! I randomly get that weird graphic glitch. Once it involved a dog getting stretched veryically, then the owner briefly collapsed into a blob. It was very quick and the fixed itself. Very disturbing.
  • Options
    PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    > @"Inna Minnit" said:
    > @PlagueRaven YES!! I randomly get that weird graphic glitch. Once it involved a dog getting stretched veryically, then the owner briefly collapsed into a blob. It was very quick and the fixed itself. Very disturbing.

Okay, the thing with the owner never happened to me... but it sounds both creepy and hilarious.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    1. No "be nice to" interaction. Never once saw it, even though my cat hisses and fights other cats.
    2. My cat (who is spoiled) keeps jumping on dining room tables, after i get the pop up that shes been trained NOT to jump on counters. Only tables, not kitchen counters.
    3. And this might not count.... But ive noticed after i "disallow customers" at my vet clinic, 2 or 3 more patients sometimes show up. Not all the time. Maybe they spawned in the world, and didn't check in yet, but were... So the game counts them as customers? Idk, but should prolly be tweaked....
    I feel like there's more but im at work and keep getting distracted....
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Dreamie209 I don't mind pets getting sick, there just isn't a NPC to take care of pets if it gets overwhelming kind of like how the nanny is with kids. Sims had animal control and Sims 2 had obedience trainers. Sims 3 doesn't look like they had a NPC to take care of pets either. I actually haven't had a pet get sick yet. I don't want it toned down too much because Sims getting sick seems almost non-existent in my games. I just want a NPC to take care of pets not just ensure that pets will suffer and be taken away while Sims are off to work.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Linds6606Linds6606 Posts: 72 Member
    My 2 pets ( a german sheperd (dog) & a bengal (cat)) are constantly afraid of something. Sometimes it will show a thought bubble of what they're afraid of but most of the time they're anywhere in the house and their portrait is red (uncomfortable). I've also been having the same problem with my dog needing permission to go outside. I really hope they fix these bugs!
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    "Singer-Songwriter can play custom songs" as a bug fix
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    My Sims have been obsessed with sinks for months now. For some reason, they just autonomously try going to the sink and stand there.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    @Dreamie209 I don't mind pets getting sick, there just isn't a NPC to take care of pets if it gets overwhelming kind of like how the nanny is with kids. Sims had animal control and Sims 2 had obedience trainers. Sims 3 doesn't look like they had a NPC to take care of pets either. I actually haven't had a pet get sick yet. I don't want it toned down too much because Sims getting sick seems almost non-existent in my games. I just want a NPC to take care of pets not just ensure that pets will suffer and be taken away while Sims are off to work.

Fair enough <3. I'd just hope they find a sort of balance for it.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    cats and dogs always seem afraid of something no matter if they are fine happy or there needs in the green
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    notmothergothelnotmothergothel Posts: 42 Member
    Does anyone else have this issue where their sims keep standing on the beds and dressers? I was attempting the Big Brother challenge for the first time with the Sims 4 a few days ago and just couldn't take them getting stuck on beds and dressers constantly. I would go into build/buy mode to move the bed and it would fix them for the most part. Then someone one else was stuck standing on a different bed. It seemed like the longer I played, the worse it got. After moving a bed in build/buy mode, my sims started landing on the dressers instead of the floor. I quit without even saving and haven't played since. Hoping for a big bug fix.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited December 2017
    Does anyone else have this issue where their sims keep standing on the beds and dressers? I was attempting the Big Brother challenge for the first time with the Sims 4 a few days ago and just couldn't take them getting stuck on beds and dressers constantly. I would go into build/buy mode to move the bed and it would fix them for the most part. Then someone one else was stuck standing on a different bed. It seemed like the longer I played, the worse it got. After moving a bed in build/buy mode, my sims started landing on the dressers instead of the floor. I quit without even saving and haven't played since. Hoping for a big bug fix.

I have seen something similar. On two separate occasions in the uneditable community areas there was a sim standing on top of a picnic table. They stand there playing on their phones, or just looking around. They are not in the household that I am playing and resetting them doesn’t make them come off the furniture.

I thought it may have been mod related, but haven’t bothered testing to see if it is, in fact, a mod that is causing it.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    QueenlokiQueenloki Posts: 59 Member
    My relationships are still messed up. I move in a newly made family, and the sisters don't know each other. Plus, all my previous relationships were wiped. I hope they fix that soon.
    Bah weep granah weep nini bong
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    1). The Smart trait for dogs is bugged. You wont be able to potty train the dog at all.

2). The toy box for pets turns backwards on it's on and then the dog will whine as it can't get a ball to play with.

3). Sims are walking the farthest distance again to do simple tasks. For example, my Sim is now going upstairs to the bathroom to prepare dinner on the counter and then walking downstairs to the stove to cook it when there is plenty of counter space downstairs in the kitchen (this bug is really getting annoying).

4). Playing the vet, sometimes I notice that the patient will get on the exam table, and then the exam table will lower back down before my Sim examines the patient, and my Sim will call the patient back, patient gets back on the exam table and then it'll lower again. This could go on for hours

5). When you adopt a pet into a household that already has a dog...you may lose the 'Training' interaction from the menu. It just disappears. As a test, I moved out all pets and got a new dog and the menu was back, but training wouldn't work on the old dog I had.

6). The 'Adoption' via phone/computer does not work on 'Save' files pre-cats/dogs patch. The service person comes....you click on the pet to adopt, you hear the music, but the pet is never added to the home. The adoption via phone/computer only works if you start a new game

7). Dogs are always afraid. I don't mind this for a dog that is jumpy. But I have an aggressive dog and seeing him being so scared constantly doesn't fit his traits/personality to me. Cats seem fine to me & their traits seem to suit them great & mimic real life. I haven't really seen my cat scared too much (which is exactly what I'd expect).

While I expect some bugs, I think the C&D patch & EP, broke so much in the game. & when you add these bugs to the older bugs that still aren't fixed on older game packs, such as the detective career and customers not staying seated at restaurants in Dine Out, it really makes my very concerned when all this will be addressed. It almost makes the game unplayable.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    I noticed that the stretched dog issue happens a lot with pregnant dogs. If you go to the gallery and type in pregnant dog, they all have that glitch in the gallery photo too, its odd.

A temporary fix for cancelling interactions in the queue thing is don't put the speed to 2 or 3, always keep it at 1 when you are waiting for them to start the interaction. Once they start it its fine and you can speed it up. If its at speed 2 and especially 3 and they have to walk quite a ways for the interaction they will almost always cancel it.