Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List Your Sims 4 Pros and Cons

Comments

• Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,430 Member
    Pros:
    + Create-A-Sim Mode.
    + Smooth graphics with excellent lighting effects.
    + Smooth and less-spontaneous looking animations.
    + The multitasking feature.
    + User-friendly Buy & Build Modes.
    + Vampires.

Cons:
    - A lack of L-shaped and U-shaped staircases.
    - A lack of sexual preference options. It seems that all Sims are bisexual by default.
    - Facial expressions are still ridiculously over-the-top. No suspension of disbelief can save this.
    - Much of the environment is out of bounds, making the scenery look a bit isolated.
    - Overpowered emotions system.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    When The Sims 4 was released everyone was arguing that the game was empty without basic features like toddlers and pools. But some time has passed and, despite my superficial love for the game, I still feel that there are Basic things missing that we had in other base games. First things first: the sims. Despite the powerful create-a-sim tool, I feel that their unique look is just that. Appearance. It seems that they are all the same regardless of the effort made to make them unique. We also have the fact that teenagers, young adults and adults are all the same. Even the elderly look like adults with white hair. I once saw a simmer giving as a hint changing the sexuality of male teens to female until they became young adults, so that they would have a more childlike appearance. Maybe resizing teen teens is tio hard, but they can do something like what she said. It would save a lot of hard work by doing this manually If they just updated the game. In addition, female adult sims receive much more attention than sims of other ages and sex. When The Sims stopped being a simulation game and became a dollhouse? The few clothes that men have are all very similar. Another thing I miss about the sims is the npcs. And I'm not talking about just the fireman or the maid. With the emotions presence in sims 4... Where is the Social Bunny? Or the Tragic Clown and the Clown Catcher? Where is my Pizza Deliverer or the nannies? I would love to se the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker comeback! I miss even the repo-man! About the cars ... Maybe they were useless, but they were not very useful in The Sims 2 and yet they brought realism. It was so cool to see them going to work in the carpool or going to school on the school bus ... I even remember General Buzz Grant being taken by the helicopter tô work. I think they focused so hard on bringing a lightweight game that they left The Sims 4 rakitic! Or is this the consequence of the Olympus project? About realism, I love the madness of The Sims 2 and 3, but they were within a acceptable fantastic realism. Look at the premade families of The Sims 4 ... Either they're all rich and happy, or they're all rich and happy! Look at the starter homes! In Sims 4 they ALL look like Ikea homes or something! Give us more low class representation! Where are families like the Brokes or the Hicks? Real poor people... They were weird, but at the same time realistic. In Sims 4 everyone is beautiful and happy, and it gets boring!In TS4, everyone is kind of just...there. Hell, there aren't even any bios anymore. I love premade families and i just want them to be interesting. The Sims in 2 had depth. They had family trees and hints of what their personalities were like. They had turn on and turn offs. They were set up with ongoing stories--which you could use or abuse however you liked. I'm not going to be ungrateful about their work on the game. In fact the game is being a hit, breaking records ... What I want is for them to realize that they have the potential to make things even more rewarding. I want them not to forget their roots, and do not forget us that have been playing The Sims since 2000. (In fact, I hated you guys putting classic families in the game just to try to win the attention of us nostalgic players, it ended up screwing up with the stories of those families. I would prefer a base game without them to see classic families in the game being poorly used and disrespected!)(oh, and i love the sims from the trailers and the premade families, but they could have been better used in game... I love the Pancakes!!!!) (And the pets? They just keep giving us half baked games)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Copy-pasting parts from another post:

Pros:

-I prefer rotational gameplay and the new options to activate aging SOLELY for the active sim or SOLELY for unplayed Sims are excellent. Those should be used in every game from now on.

-The income-to-bills ratio is the best in the franchise. Bills in Sims 2 are only like $300 or so while the Sims earn thousands a day, whereas in Sims 3 you get promoted to president of the universe for smiling at the secretary on your way to your desk. Sims 4 is nice in the sense a Sim can reasonably expect to earn $12,000 a week, but then pay $7,500 in taxes. Painting and writing are where the money is at, so if you desperately want money, just do that. If you want more balanced gameplay though with poorer Sims? This is completely doable. I would actually prefer they even take this further in the future and develop a way for the taxes to be income/property-based as they are now, but to also allow for their bills to exceed their income without demanding a mansion. I hate only having rich Sims to play, so it's a breath of fresh air to see this game's economy more balanced.

-The animations are a subtle means to help Sims feel more alive. Yes it's all smoke and mirrors considering the personality variations are actually abysmal, but they're still a nice touch that I'd like to keep.

-The graphics and Sim customization are currently the best.

- adding in Toddlers and Vampires to my pros.

Cons:

-Personalities are terrible and the Sims have absolutely no character. The problem is the personality system was gutted and moved to emotions to try and make the emotions system feel more impactful. However, it simply doesn't work, because it means that if I have a socially awkward geek loner and a ladies man romantic that's constantly hooking up, then both of them exhibit the EXACT same proficiency at seducing women if they're both flirty, and both of them exhibit the EXACT same socially awkward tendencies if they're embarassed.

-Moods are a terrible system that needs to be trashed. This could work as a supportive system to do little more than govern their expression, the animations they use or add minor bonuses/penalties to actions, but as a centerstage feature they're constantly trying to make it be...? No, get off the stage. It cannot handle being a main attraction, it's simply not an exciting or meaningful enough system to pull it off. The fact that they refuse to drop this system means we get spammed out with moodlets as though they were actual gameplay. These moods crowd out any potential for actual gameplay and seriously overstay their welcome.

-Relationship culling. It's hard to build a town and craft it exactly as I please when my Sims constantly forget each other and their relationships to one another. Relationships should freeze when a Sim is not being actively played, cause it's an a pain for rotational play the way it is now.

-Wall decals are not gameplay.
    You could apply that statement to any CAS or build mode object, the point remains the same: we want gameplay, not things. There was actually a study on happiness that found people who spend their wealth on things aren't any happier than those lacking wealth. The people that spend their wealth on experiences typically are happier. It's no different for this game: gameplay experiences are satisfying, things and nice clothing or hairstyles are not.

-Too few Expansions, too many Stuff Packs. I still find it ridiculous they consider a year-long wait for an expansion to be acceptable. No, that is ridiculous. It means you could starve to death in the time it takes this game to come out with meaningful content, but by God they need to make sure you buy a half-hearted, phoned-in stuff pack every three months.

-Bugs are bad. It is very difficult to be in the same ballpark as Sims 3, yet somehow they've succeeded. There's constantly new bugs coming out that actively disrupt people's gameplay. Sims 3's crime was always lag and slow performance, but it had comparatively less bugs that got in the way of gameplay. The complaints were more that the game runs slow rather than that feature X doesn't function. Sims 4 isn't quite as slow, but for crying out loud we cannot use Speed x3 and there's been a great number of bugs that singlehandedly ruin careers, playstyles or even life states. It's pathetic, and it needs to be fixed.

-The worst AI in the entire series.
    I don't know why it's so hard to get a Sim to go to the nearest sink when washing dishes. I don't know why it's so hard to get them to pick up those dishes in a logical order prioritizing the nearest dishes first. I don't know why it's so hard to tweak their AI so that Sims with social need at 75% fullness or higher will NOT obsessively queue up social interactions. I don't know why it's so hard to give MY orders absolute priority so that my Sims can't cancel them out with their autonomous actions. I don't know why musical chairs is so impossible to destroy. I just know it's truly impressive that they somehow managed to create an AI system that's even worse than Sims 1.

I could honestly go on and on with the cons for some time, but I think those touch on major issues. Honorable mentions go to the limited world spaces, smaller lots, ridiculously oversized furniture objects for no explainable reason, terrible priorities in design, consistently disappointing packs, and any half-hearted feature that clearly had corners cut during it's development. (example, retail has no cash register, Pets has no dog houses)

I was going to write it all out but yeah this covers about how I feel with an addition to the pros. I would like to reiterate that bugs in this game are the worse. I have stopped playing so many time because of BUGS!! I can work my way through boredom by adding drama but the BUGS kill the game for me. THE AI omg.... I can't tell you how many times I wanted to pull my hair out because I cancelled the Sim interaction like using the toilet to grab something to eat because hunger is in the red and bladder is in the yellow only to watch them go all the way upstairs to the bathroom and come back down to get food. WHY???
  • Options
    Dawn121212Dawn121212 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @DeservedCriticism said:
    > Copy-pasting parts from another post:
    >
    > Pros:
    >
    > -I prefer rotational gameplay and the new options to activate aging SOLELY for the active sim or SOLELY for unplayed Sims are excellent. Those should be used in every game from now on.
    >
    > -The income-to-bills ratio is the best in the franchise. Bills in Sims 2 are only like $300 or so while the Sims earn thousands a day, whereas in Sims 3 you get promoted to president of the universe for smiling at the secretary on your way to your desk. Sims 4 is nice in the sense a Sim can reasonably expect to earn $12,000 a week, but then pay $7,500 in taxes. Painting and writing are where the money is at, so if you desperately want money, just do that. If you want more balanced gameplay though with poorer Sims? This is completely doable. I would actually prefer they even take this further in the future and develop a way for the taxes to be income/property-based as they are now, but to also allow for their bills to exceed their income without demanding a mansion. I hate only having rich Sims to play, so it's a breath of fresh air to see this game's economy more balanced.
    >
    > -The animations are a subtle means to help Sims feel more alive. Yes it's all smoke and mirrors considering the personality variations are actually abysmal, but they're still a nice touch that I'd like to keep.
    >
    > -The graphics and Sim customization are currently the best. Something that I hated about Sims 3 was that Bridgeport was the only neighborhood where female Sims would have big breasts; the breast slider was disabled beyond a certain size for randomly generated Sims. What's the point in such a feature if they're just gonna disable it...? I know I say that and it sounds perverted, but for me it was about 1) having more diversity in appearance is nice and also means more diversity in the gene pool for family play, and 2) some women - yes - have bigger breasts. If I were a woman with bigger breasts, I'd be annoyed I can't make myself properly just because someone thinks kids are gonna view that sexually or something (no, that's not how kids think), so my body type is inadvertedly being censored. It's taken a looooong time for a lot of body modifications to be included in the game because of their possible sexual usage or because the body type is viewed as atypical or unattractive, but the fact of the matter is that sometimes a guy or a girl has a nice butt, sometimes someone is fat without having a big butt, sometimes a woman has bigger breasts and sometimes a person has a rather unfortunate figure altogether. The past games seemed to shun any body forms that could either be seen as unfortunate and unattractive while also shunning any body forms considered overtly sexual. I want everyone and everything included, because it provides better diversity and better representation of the world. Sims 4 allows for that better than the other games, and I look forward to a Sims game where they can actually figure out how to reasonably animate varying degrees of height, because I think height is another trademark appearance characteristic for certain people that needs to be included.
    >
    > Cons:
    >
    > -Personalities are terrible and the Sims have absolutely no character. The problem is the personality system was gutted and moved to emotions to try and make the emotions system feel more impactful. However, it simply doesn't work, because it means that if I have a socially awkward geek loner and a ladies man romantic that's constantly hooking up, then both of them exhibit the EXACT same proficiency at seducing women if they're both flirty, and both of them exhibit the EXACT same socially awkward tendencies if they're embarassed.
    >
    > -Moods are a terrible system that needs to be trashed. This could work as a supportive system to do little more than govern their expression, the animations they use or add minor bonuses/penalties to actions, but as a centerstage feature they're constantly trying to make it be...? No, get off the stage. It cannot handle being a main attraction, it's simply not an exciting or meaningful enough system to pull it off. The fact that they refuse to drop this system means we get spammed out with moodlets as though they were actual gameplay. These moods crowd out any potential for actual gameplay and seriously overstay their welcome.
    >
    > -Relationship culling. It's hard to build a town and craft it exactly as I please when my Sims constantly forget each other and their relationships to one another. Relationships should freeze when a Sim is not being actively played, cause it's an a pain for rotational play the way it is now.
    >
    > -Wall decals are not gameplay. You could apply that statement to any CAS or build mode object, the point remains the same: we want gameplay, not things. There was actually a study on happiness that found people who spend their wealth on things aren't any happier than those lacking wealth. The people that spend their wealth on experiences typically are happier. It's no different for this game: gameplay experiences are satisfying, things and nice clothing or hairstyles are not.
    >
    > -Too few Expansions, too many Stuff Packs. I still find it ridiculous they consider a year-long wait for an expansion to be acceptable. No, that is ridiculous. It means you could starve to death in the time it takes this game to come out with meaningful content, but by God they need to make sure you buy a half-hearted, phoned-in stuff pack every three months.
    >
    > -Bugs are bad. It is very difficult to be in the same ballpark as Sims 3, yet somehow they've succeeded. There's constantly new bugs coming out that actively disrupt people's gameplay. Sims 3's crime was always lag and slow performance, but it had comparatively less bugs that got in the way of gameplay. The complaints were more that the game runs slow rather than that feature X doesn't function. Sims 4 isn't quite as slow, but for crying out loud we cannot use Speed x3 and there's been a great number of bugs that singlehandedly ruin careers, playstyles or even life states. It's pathetic, and it needs to be fixed.
    >
    > -The worst AI in the entire series. I don't know why it's so hard to get a Sim to go to the nearest sink when washing dishes. I don't know why it's so hard to get them to pick up those dishes in a logical order prioritizing the nearest dishes first. I don't know why it's so hard to tweak their AI so that Sims with social need at 75% fullness or higher will NOT obsessively queue up social interactions. I don't know why it's so hard to give MY orders absolute priority so that my Sims can't cancel them out with their autonomous actions. I don't know why musical chairs is so impossible to destroy. I just know it's truly impressive that they somehow managed to create an AI system that's even worse than Sims 1.
    >
    >
    > I could honestly go on and on with the cons for some time, but I think those touch on major issues. Honorable mentions go to the limited world spaces, smaller lots, ridiculously oversized furniture objects for no explainable reason, terrible priorities in design, consistently disappointing packs, and any half-hearted feature that clearly had corners cut during it's development. (example, retail has no cash register, Pets has no dog houses)

I really enjoyed reading this, it made me laugh. Also, I can only fix one problem. Over-sized furniture can be fixed with a cheat code:
    Click on the object you want to increase/decrease the size of in build mode, and press Shift+[ to decrease size and Shift+] to increase size.
  • Options
    jonesboy22jonesboy22 Posts: 64 Member
    + Art Style/Graphics
    + CAS
    + Build & Buy Mode
    + Mutitasking
    + Laptop Friendly

- Autonomy/ A.I.
    - Multitasking
    - Recycled Animations/Objects
    - Closed Neighbourhoods.
    - No Colour Wheel
    - Genealogy
    - Genetics
    - Lack of Fun interactions & activities
    - Cats & Dogs (glorified GP in my opinion)
    - Emotions System
  • Options
    ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    When The Sims 4 was released everyone was arguing that the game was empty without basic features like toddlers and pools. But some time has passed and, despite my superficial love for the game, I still feel that there are Basic things missing that we had in other base games. First things first: the sims. Despite the powerful create-a-sim tool, I feel that their unique look is just that. Appearance. It seems that they are all the same regardless of the effort made to make them unique. We also have the fact that teenagers, young adults and adults are all the same. Even the elderly look like adults with white hair. I once saw a simmer giving as a hint changing the sexuality of male teens to female until they became young adults, so that they would have a more childlike appearance. Maybe resizing teen teens is tio hard, but they can do something like what she said. It would save a lot of hard work by doing this manually If they just updated the game. In addition, female adult sims receive much more attention than sims of other ages and sex. When The Sims stopped being a simulation game and became a dollhouse? The few clothes that men have are all very similar. Another thing I miss about the sims is the npcs. And I'm not talking about just the fireman or the maid. With the emotions presence in sims 4... Where is the Social Bunny? Or the Tragic Clown and the Clown Catcher? Where is my Pizza Deliverer or the nannies? I would love to se the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker comeback! I miss even the repo-man! About the cars ... Maybe they were useless, but they were not very useful in The Sims 2 and yet they brought realism. It was so cool to see them going to work in the carpool or going to school on the school bus ... I even remember General Buzz Grant being taken by the helicopter tô work. I think they focused so hard on bringing a lightweight game that they left The Sims 4 rakitic! Or is this the consequence of the Olympus project? About realism, I love the madness of The Sims 2 and 3, but they were within a acceptable fantastic realism. Look at the premade families of The Sims 4 ... Either they're all rich and happy, or they're all rich and happy! Look at the starter homes! In Sims 4 they ALL look like Ikea homes or something! Give us more low class representation! Where are families like the Brokes or the Hicks? Real poor people... They were weird, but at the same time realistic. In Sims 4 everyone is beautiful and happy, and it gets boring!In TS4, everyone is kind of just...there. Hell, there aren't even any bios anymore. I love premade families and i just want them to be interesting. The Sims in 2 had depth. They had family trees and hints of what their personalities were like. They had turn on and turn offs. They were set up with ongoing stories--which you could use or abuse however you liked. I'm not going to be ungrateful about their work on the game. In fact the game is being a hit, breaking records ... What I want is for them to realize that they have the potential to make things even more rewarding. I want them not to forget their roots, and do not forget us that have been playing The Sims since 2000. (In fact, I hated you guys putting classic families in the game just to try to win the attention of us nostalgic players, it ended up screwing up with the stories of those families. I would prefer a base game without them to see classic families in the game being poorly used and disrespected!)(oh, and i love the sims from the trailers and the premade families, but they could have been better used in game... I love the Pancakes!!!!) (And the pets? They just keep giving us half baked games)

@Karon Please don't take this the wrong way but i really wanted to read this but couldn't if you could add spaces for the paragraphs i would love to come back and read what you have posted! :) Sorry for the inconvenience
  • Options
    Elrich91Elrich91 Posts: 13 New Member
    Here is my list.

Pros:

- Great possibility of creating appearance of the sim. I have a lot of fun and I can create really beautiful sims without having to resort to slides or mods.

-Assence of lag. The sims 4 never lagging, it's good. The costs are the uploads, all right.

- The graphics. It's more cartoonesque but I managed to please her. In fact I like it because it is cleaner and lighter, but also quite colorful.

-The way vampires were introduced. In my opinion, it's the best way to introduce supernaturals. I'm not a fan of vampires, but if they follow this path even with witches, werewolves and fairies for me it's definitely a pro.

- The secret lots. This for me goes both in the pros and the cons. I will spiel because it is in the contra in the category of cons. Here I will say why I like them. It's nice to know that there are secret areas to discover, making gameplay pleasurable.

-The possibility of using hair / accessories / clothes for both men and women. In this way I can use male hair for some female sim and some female trousers for male sims. Some things are unisex, in my opinion, and are good for both.

- Traits in lots. This is a great addition. I really like. I hope they will always insert new and more interesting ones.

-The flats. I will go against the tide but I prefer how they made them in sims 4. I can have more families in the same building, they interact with each other and the neighbors are aware of your presence. I also like attics. In contrast, however, I wanted to have the opportunity to place the buildings in other scenarios or to add common areas (maybe a bar on the ground floor of the building, to give an example).

-Create an animal. It 's definitely a great addition, I can create animals also alien or magical (at least in appearance).

- Multitasking. Sometimes it does not work well, I think there are some bugs to solve. But I find it interesting and stimulating.

Cons:

- Fruits too similar to each other. I would like a sim with a Korean style hair, for example. But the choice is really poor. I would like more rugghed or maybe more fashionable hairstyles. Even the choice of hair colors is really limiting. I often end up with having sims too similar to each other because the hair I like is few and the colors are even less.

- Absence of png. I often find myself bored because I know nothing strange will happen unless I make it happen (knowing how, when and why it will happen). Thieves, postmen, paparazzi, university mascots, bigfoot, samurai. They are all png of the old series that have made my game interesting and mysterious.

- The secret lots. They are too few, they hide nothing except some fish, some crystal, some frog. Honestly they do not cause any interest in me. It would have been nice to hide png mysterious (as in the holiday destination of the campsite, even if the png does not and does not say anything special). They could hide objects with special interactions, mysteries and various secrets.

- Absence of consequences. If I steal, at most they discover me and my sim is ashamed. Nobody stops me. If I send my teenager out all night, nobody cares to call him back. If I sit on the floor of St. myshuno, no one reproaches me. It is virtually impossible to die. I had to use the tricks to kill my sim, since I wanted a ghost. On the other hand, it must be said that to tell the truth if you are a vampire and stay in the sun, die in 2 seconds. But this is due to the fact that when I order them to go home they stay for 2 hours to contemplate the void <. <

- Too flat plates. The usual parchetti scattered here and there between one lot and another, nothing more. Ok, phone booths and taxi signs are anachronistic now. However, other things could be studied. In city living, something has been added, with stalls and festivals. But I would like more.

-Assence of cemeteries. I'm not going to occupy a lot (since they are few) with a cemetery (which I could not even create well, honestly). And I'm not even going to kill random sims to populate the cemetery. I play without aging, because I like to create stories very similar to real novels. I choose if and when they die, not time. I would therefore like cemeteries populated by dead sims and ghosts. Maybe they scare my sims when they go there at night.

- Absence of spiral stairs. How much space I would have saved, how many buildings I could have done! It's a lack that I can not forgive, not this one.

-Aliens and plantsim. Both hurt. I like aliens, I'm a big fan of roswell, star trek, star wars, stargate and other similar series. But aliens have very few powers, needs equal to those of other sims. In short, I do not find them funny. The same applies to plantsim. No skills, no particular interaction, horrible hair. If they had been done well I would have certainly played them. Maybe I would have created a plantsim that is actually a nymph, with a story and powers and (obviously) clothes a bit 'more themed.

-The store of aspirations prizes. It has not been updated for a century. I do not even use it anymore, I know all the prizes by heart. I was expecting something with the vampires (inability to die in the sun maybe) or something with the animals. I expected prize items (I remember the magic lamp, the time machine, the flying vacuum cleaner, the flying bed and other things from old games).

-Tracts and aspirations too poor. I would like more aspirations and more traits, to create always different and original stories. We have too few.

-This is personal, it is a cons only for me I imagine: the absence of variety of supernatural creatures. I fell in love with the sims when I had the chance to have witches. I'm a huge fan of charmed and other fantasy series. As long as there are no witches, I will never be able to really enjoy myself. I'm happy with the werewolves, I like a lot more vampires (I can not identify myself with an undead that sucks blood and uses dark powers). I repeat, this is an absolutely personal and not objective point, but I wanted to insert it to share it with everyone :)

-Sim do what they want, but without any logic. If they have to eat, why do not they go to the dining table but instead they scatter around the house? It is impossible for me to have a normal family dinner. If I tell them to do something, they start it and they do not finish it. They are too much, too much, too interested in cell phones and computers. Ok, it could be realistic. But if I wanted a less technological sim? or maybe I have an old sim that, in my story, does not know the technology. Also, I do not think they should want to spend all their free time playing on the phone or the PC.

- A few romantic interactions. They can not make fiki fiki in the shower, for example. I saw that now you can make fiki fiki in the lighthouse, fine. I hope they add other similar things. In the past I have always enjoyed discovering all the possible places where the animation can start.

-Easy to get-to-work stores. In my opinion they should sell items not available in the catalog, otherwise there is no reason to visit them.

- A few interactive objects. I'm talking about things like bags, backpacks, skateboards, swings (really, because we do not have the swings? O.o) and similar items.

-Assence of car, bicycles and scooters. Ok, they would not have a practical use since the scenarios are small. But in the sims 2 they had lots of interactions and were still an interesting addition to the gameplay. Moreover, if desired, we could add a scenario with a track to run or compete or maybe a scenario with larger spaces between the different lots, so as to move with the means. However, they are interesting decorative objects that help to make the lots more realistic.

ok, this is my list.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Pro - Able to resize objects up to absolutely schtupid proportions. World size Chicken statue.

Con - Not being able to blow up said World Size Chicken statue. :D +1 for TS3 Ambitions.
    Screenshot-61.jpg
    Oopsies. Maybe a little TOO much C4. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    jaxierocksjaxierocks Posts: 4 New Member
    Con....
    I want to be able to control the height of my sims. How come we can control how thin or thick a SIM is, but we can't make our men taller!? I swear....it seems like my men Sims are shorter than my women Sims. Not that there's anything wrong with shorter guys, but I want taller men!! I just want to edit height in general....just like we can edit fitness level. I truly don't understand why they've left this editing ability out........
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    jaxierocks wrote: »
    Con....
    I want to be able to control the height of my sims. How come we can control how thin or thick a SIM is, but we can't make our men taller!? I swear....it seems like my men Sims are shorter than my women Sims. Not that there's anything wrong with shorter guys, but I want taller men!! I just want to edit height in general....just like we can edit fitness level. I truly don't understand why they've left this editing ability out........

I think that's an animation issue and one I don't think will ever come to the series.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Things I don't like are the emotion system, traits don't really have much impact, badly implemented multi-tasking, the conversation magnet, sims are even stupider than their predecessors.

One thing I would like is to be able to have more management over what sims will do autonomously. I hate that they auto do things when the need bar is only in the yellow. This leads to things like sims going to bed far too early. It would be nice if you could set their autonomous behavior, such as giving them a bedtime.
  • Options
    SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    Pros:

1) Multitasking is amazing. It's not perfect but I being able to multitask. It's definitely a great addition that's not in the other games. Other then in like...Sims 2 when they would eat their food and a cup of water would magically appear.

2) CAS is great. I do wish there was a color wheel like they have for pets but I love how unique you can make a Sim look.

3) Looks great

4) I love taking photos in the Sims 4. I wish they would do more with photography. I want to be able to take family pictures, place frames on tables like in Sims 2, and an actual photography career but I still like what they have.

5) Toddlers are a nightmare to deal with...in real life and in this game. But they are arguably the best and more thoughout lifespan in the Sims 4. I love how independent yet dependent they are.

6) Game packs are wonderful. I hate that we only get one expansion pack a year (I feel like Seasons is next but I want University a tiny bit more. So I'm probably going to have to wait two years for that. Ugh.) But the game packs fill that void while I'm waiting for the expansion packs. And all of them are great. Even the Vampires and I'm not even a supernatural player.

7) I'm not a builder but Sims 4 makes me want to build things because it's so easy. There needs to be more building tools especially when it comes to stairs (for me personally).

8) Other than most of the jobs there are no rabbitholes. I'm sorry....but I never understood why people preferred the Sims 3 rabbitholes and open world to what we have now. The concept of the open world is great but...the rabbitholes killed it for me. The only thing that I loved about the open world was being able to ride my horse through the town. Which is why unless they came with an open world farm pack, Sims 4 wouldn't do horses justice. Anyway...I'm getting a little off topic. Sorry.

I can't think of anymore Pros right now. But, even though I've been playing Sims 2 (arguably the best Sims game) non-stop for a week now I still think that Sims 4 is my favorite.

Cons:

1) I need MORE traits. And actual traits not random mood boosters. One thing I liked from Sims 3 was that it felt like there were so many traits to choose from AND you got to choose five. Now you can only choose three and that blows.

2) The jump between child and teen is awful. I want tweens.

3) I need more gameplay. I mention Sims 2 a lot but that's only because I just got it a couple of months ago from asking EA nicely and Sims 2....is freaking amazing. The things you can do in that game compared to this one makes Sims 2 seem so advanced. It had a lot of gameplay and although Sims 4 isn't a complete game yet I hope they add more gameplay for all lifespans.

4) I need more romance. Lack of romance in this game is sad. But hopefully they'll do a romance pack.

5) Too many stuff packs. If you're going to do one expansion pack a year then I need less Stuff packs and more Game packs.

6) Too buggy.

7) I want open neighborhoods. A loading screen to go to the house next door is sad.

I can probably think of more but my post is too long as is.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Con- Glitchy and Buggy (No Color Wheel and Open World to blame this time)

Pro - Cartoony and Funny
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    Nikole1111Nikole1111 Posts: 36 Member
    I can basically come up with two blanket topics.
    Con: Gameplay
    Pro: CAS
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Pros:

More stable than the previous version when it comes to running on my pc. I have had barely any crashes being my only issues with the gallery from time to time.

Build mode - the roof and wall trims

Cons:

CAS - it is nice to finally be able to shape the sim's body as we want to, and the sculpting of the face is nice, but the costumization was cut completely, we have no colour wheel so we can't costumize sim's eye color, skin, clothing and hair as we could before.

Build Mode - The lack of terrain tools goes a long way for me not to be able to make realistic looking houses, with dynamic looking landscape. There are no round pool shapes, there are only one type of stairs which make it hard to handle the space in smaller lots and the foundations in this game are such a problem for me. We can't put wall wallpaper on them as an option which makes it harder to fake split levels, they are a constant problem to handle with upper levels and their size is set per lot. There is also no foundation tool so we are obligated to constantly get the stamps we need from the catalog and diagonal foundations are a pain to be reckoned with. Again, there are no platforms or split levels so we have to use the terrible foundations. Somehow TS4 doesn't allow us to delete single floor tiles, god knows why, this is incredible painful especially when making open levels in the house. There is no caw so matching furniture is also a pain.

Gameplay - the gameplay is very repetitive and boring. The pie menu is full of unnecessary repeat interactions that make no sense being there as every sim reacts to them the same way. Tell a joke about mimes, joke about aliens, joke about polititians, tell a joke, tell a story, tell an outrageous story, tell a funny story, chat about cooking shows, chat about favourite writers etc, etc. Sometimes I have to spend ten hours trying to find the interaction I want behind all of these useless ones that could be only one interaction.

Everything is a skill - this is a con for me because it's starting to get annoying at how every single interaction in TS4 unlocks as a skill and I have to hear the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bling sound everytime. Talk to someone - here's a skill, wanna bowl? here's a skill, parent someone, here's a skill, the cooking skill is three skills this time. It's annoying I'd rather have them be hidden skills, I also can't comprehend why skills in TS4 start at 1 instead of 0 like in previous games.

Sim autonomy is a funny thing - Sims in TS4 almost never display trait animations, they don't do what they are suppose to. Mean sims aren't mean, evil sims hug others, squeamish sims don't puke when seeing a vampire suck off someone I just don't understand. They barely do anything that is mean or mischievous and they keep doing the same talk animations and interactions it just gets really boring nothing interesting ever happens. Sims also stand a lot without doing anything. Sims won't do anything fun autonumously, they just read books and talk.

Emotion/moodlet system is a wreck - We all know this by now, emotions are boring, annoying and they are constantly all over the place, especially when lot traits give you buffs. Emotions jump faster than I can change shirts and no event will ever make my sims sad or angry for a full day much less an hour a simple anything will make them happy. The nerfing of extreme emotions didn't help either as now I have to care even less about my sim's emotion, it's just not a danger in any form. The only advantage of manipulating emotions is skill buffs and getting promoted, they don't even affect relationships that much.

Closed worlds are a problem for me - closed worlds we can't edit are a problem. If at least there weren't loading screens when visiting on the other side of the street...but no. It's hard for me to want to travel anywhere knowing I'll have to go through a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 loading screen and it's not even a pretty one, it's a white background of lameness. But worst we can't even edit the small worlds, adding more lots, changing the decor and so on.

Animations - the animations of TS4 are much too over the top. From arm waving, to back bending, to the awful grin faces. I somehow feel like the joker toxin is all over the air in TS4. It's just awful. And the face animations can get pretty intense....

LkEZkMP.png?1

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2018
    Pros:
    1) Build improvements with wall height, foundation height, wall sliders, and copying rooms.
    2) More independent toddlers.
    3) Hair textures are starting to get better.
    4) Elders look less stereotypical.
    5) Gallery.
    6) Cool financial system with bills and business.
    7) Game packs are decent.
    8) Packs don't need to be downloaded in order.
    9) No more Sims store.
    10) Game got taken off online only mode.
    11) Mods are easier to make work.
    12) Repair game is nice to have.
    13) Outfits work on pregnant Sims.
    14) More romantic options for teens.
    15) Nice meeting Gurus this iteration on Twitch and forums.
    16) Console version for the Sims 4 now.
    17) Perks for supernaturals are fun.
    18) Sims challenges starting to be fun on forums.
    19) Poll system on forums are nice now.
    20) Casual Twitch streams of Gurus playing the game are nice to watch.

Cons:
    1) I have more bugs than any other Sims game.
    2) The community is very hostile towards one another, so it doesn't feel like a community anymore.
    3) Expansion packs feel weak.
    4) Aesthetics focus over gameplay focus.
    5) Rich lifestyle focus.
    6) CAS feels limited.
    7) Still missing Sims games base content.
    8) Forced cell phone usage.
    9) Weak emotions and trait systems.
    10) Messy organization with save files and pictures.
    11) Babies are objects.
    12) Lack of colors in majority of content in the Sims 4, everyone is monochrome and depressing.
    13) Lack of consequences.
    14) Lack of supernaturals.
    15) Neighborhood editing is nonexistent.
    16) No real transportation system or carpool or taxi or school bus system.
    17) Makeup is dull looking.
    18) Not enough even distribution of ages and genders and styles with pack releases.
    19) Any ideas regarding the Sims 4 is instantly squished with "I don't want that in my game" so makes the game feel politically correct focused.
    20) Game doesn't feel like it is about the "Sims" anymore but individual units to dress up so a completely different game and genre entirely.
    21) Jasmine Holiday events seem like a waste of time.
    22) No side game made just for laptops.
    23) Ugly birds and critters.
    24) Neighborhoods have broken roads and scenery.
    25) No personality to the Sims, they act the same.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    Pros & Cons :
    - Definitely everything we do have a lot more depth into it (Playing on real time isn't a pain like any previous Sims game). While The You Rule ! part is true, it's kinda based with the devs's rule, which is strictly limited.

- The world around you are reacting to what you do (Not in most cases, but when I kissed in public, some people reacted. Which is good). But at times, these reactions also felt like it's exaggerated/too much (feels like the only thing they do is watching me).

- Social interaction is a lot wider and pretty detailed. But is too cluttered (ex. 10+ Give/Ask Massage, Debate 10+ skills, Enthuse 5+ things, all on friendly socials).

-The world has a nice ambiance to it, but feels empty (not about closed neighborhood).

Cons Only :
    - Almost all AI Sims are either a Yes being or rude/doesn't have manners/don't seem to understand the word 'privacy' means. Oh, and also a coward (text messages (with a lot more 's' behind it)). They invite you to places, but never want to take the bills. No hospitality. They don't want us to use their homes like ours (w/o Rewards), and yet they use ours like it's their own place to begin with.

- Pet owners are heartless. They don't take care of their pets, yet crumbled when they got sick (and surprised).

- The longer you play, the faster you'll realize that the world (outside a predetermined lot) is a bit static, the only difference is the 3D models (Sims itself). Everyone else has the same path and destination. And the world is centered around you. There is no equality. What the other sims said or do, doesn't have any lasting impact on you and can be overridden in every way imaginable. (This should be an option, not a standard).

- You (as the player) will also realize that when not controlled, almost all sims suffer from anxiety and major depression. Probably ADHD too. Even renowned professionals. Even doctors.

I think that's sums pretty much everything I wanted to say (Everything else is kinda on the feedback thread so I don't feel like typing it again here will be allowed).
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Pros: Great UI and I absolutely LOVE how you can search for build/buy items and edit all of your sims in the lot at once via CAS instead of one at a time.

Cons: See my previous posts.
  • Options
    DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    Pro's:
    Can have a cat...
    Cons:
    Everything else
  • Options
    VINTAVAVINTAVA Posts: 22 Member
    > @Nikole1111 said:
    > I can basically come up with two blanket topics.
    > Con: Gameplay
    > Pro: CAS

That's pretty much spot on! :)
  • Options
    LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    Pros: -Create a sim
    - The option to move a room when building instead of starting from scratch
    - the vampires are awesome better than the sims 2
    - bb.moveobjects on, allow more creativity
    - toddlers and pets
    - nice cartoon graphic

Cons: -can't create your own customisable world like in the sims 2
    - can't choose terrain size like in the sims 2
    - no usable and buy able elevators, U shaped stairscase
    - not enough 64x64 terrain
    - can't see your pets age's
    - not enough supernatural creatures
    - only cats an dogs
    - more exp/pack/stuff you have longer the loading
    - can't enter your neighbors houses without loading
    To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited January 2018
    Pros :

- I create my own NPC for the first time of the series
    - I control the population and the relationships like TS2
    - CAS content is unisex and the teens get as much clothes as adults.
    - All the worlds are playable without starting a new game
    - Family relationship
    - Closed world but open neighborhood area
    - Vibrant neighborhood, the city is full of life
    - The Gallery doesn't download CC junks in my game.

Cons :

- Clothing: Male sims are still neglected.
    - Everyday life is boring, the game need more hobbies.
    - Always the same NPC townies walk in the street or visit the lots.
    - They run out of the house in order to talk together, I reset both sims because they are near each other, they don't need to go far.
    - They often forget my orders and I can't stop them when they decide to do something, I must reset them.
    - Routing issues:
    * They always choose the narrowest path
    * They always stand near a door or in a narrow place and block the path instead of going in a larger space at... 2 tiles of distance
    * They often walk through objects or walls without reason.
    - The Gallery is extremely slow to load each time
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Pros:
    Toddlers

Cons:
    Everything else
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Pros:
    Mischief interactions
    Create-A-Sim
    Emotions
    Vampires
    Aliens
    Active Careers
    Emotional deaths

Cons:
    Teenagers
    Ghosts (they're just color-changing Sims)
    Text messages from the grave

(I'll add more later)