Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets patch

Comments

• Options
    girglam1girglam1 Posts: 39 Member
    The only CC I have is in CAS, and and now I can't fully customize my sims because of this patch.
    N O P E :)
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    @Scobre It's so awesome! I just got in and tried but couldn't figure it out. It's past my bedtime so that could be a huge factor but you are my hero! I'll play with it more tomorrow.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    Sims should now sit when attending a wedding… This made me very happy.
    Deligracy posted a video about it on YouTube, and it didn't work :/ . Only one sim sat, and the others danced..
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    My Sims cannot walk up any kind of stairs! Can't walk up stairs to get inside home. Can't walk up stairs to get from 1st floor to 2nd. Issue only occurring after patch.

Anyone else experiencing this?

***It's the HollyRidgeMaxInteractions mod that was the culprit. If you have that you can't use stairs.***
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    @Scobre posted in another thread that roofs can now be moved down onto half walls! I had tried to do something like that in a build a while ago so I'm super excited about that!
    Yep, I was able to build a dog house with it. Super excited about this. I built a miniature home too.:
    00.jpg
    00-filled.jpg

Oh that's great news!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Scobre posted in another thread that roofs can now be moved down onto half walls! I had tried to do something like that in a build a while ago so I'm super excited about that!
    Yep, I was able to build a dog house with it. Super excited about this. I built a miniature home too.:
    00.jpg
    00-filled.jpg

How'd you manage that? I tried and couldn't do it. I'd at least love the prospect of designing my own doghouses. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I’ve been playing for 6 hours haha. Loving the patch. Blows my mind the control speeds work. The little things they fixed are really helping me get into the game more.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2017
    @poeticnebula @icmnfrsh It's pretty easy. I have the arrow highlighted or if still hard to see, it is the bottom left arrow, so you move that arrow up or down depending how high or low you want it. It was fun explaining it to one of the Gurus today too. They asked if I used a mod and I'm like nope. XD So yes it will work without mods or cheats even.
    11-07-17_7-15-29_PM.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Thanks! I'll try it out later :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    My favorite is everyone gets access to cameras and Photography Skill -- that will come in handy for all those cute pet pictures. :)

Oh if only we were getting this update on the console in November.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    My Sims cannot walk up any kind of stairs! Can't walk up stairs to get inside home. Can't walk up stairs to get from 1st floor to 2nd. Issue only occurring after patch.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Do you have any cc or mods in you're game?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yup. Crazy Christian Sim Fan went off the deep end.

Why are you so upset about a dog house when you chain your shep to a tree?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Putina wrote: »
    So they fixed the speeds. Good.

I checked in my old save. It's not really fixed. In fact, I think it became even worse.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

I checked in my old save. It's not really fixed. In fact, I think it became even worse.

Most patches take effect on new saves or so I've heard. Try a new game and see if that fixes it. I could be wrong.
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member

Most patches take effect on new saves or so I've heard. Try a new game and see if that fixes it. I could be wrong.

I was thinking the same thing perhaps that is why sims are still showing up in funky clothes.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited November 2017
    @poeticnebula @icmnfrsh It's pretty easy. I have the arrow highlighted or if still hard to see, it is the bottom left arrow, so you move that arrow up or down depending how high or low you want it. It was fun explaining it to one of the Gurus today too. They asked if I used a mod and I'm like nope. XD So yes it will work without mods or cheats even.
    11-07-17_7-15-29_PM.png

I've tried doing this and I can't get it to work either. Can you post step by step pictures so I may follow exactly?
    I can slide the roof edge but how do I get the roof that low to begin with?
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Sims should now sit when attending a wedding… This made me very happy.
    Deligracy posted a video about it on YouTube, and it didn't work :/ . Only one sim sat, and the others danced..

I actually thought it was hilarious.
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    My speeds are fixed on a really old and really big save - I am so delighted! The clock whizzed to 6am and when I went to real time it was still 6am and not 3am!
  • Options
    EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    edited November 2017

I was thinking the same thing perhaps that is why sims are still showing up in funky clothes.

It's possible that they are already dressed like that in your old save. Go to "Manage World," check for Sims in strange clothing, and change their outfit or delete them. Personally I would just delete all households that you don't play (minus the townies of course).

If it still happens after that, please report it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    11-07-17_7-15-29_PM.png

I'll give it another try today when I play. Not being too sleepy may help a lot! Again, my hero!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    @Scobre posted in another thread that roofs can now be moved down onto half walls! I had tried to do something like that in a build a while ago so I'm super excited about that!
    00.jpg
    00-filled.jpg

if you truly can build dog houses that would be an plus, I am happy to have the Shrink cheat. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I still have a problem with the shrinking feature. I can enlarge things. but if I try to use the ] to shrink things, it doesn't work.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    @liliaeth it's ctrl + [ to shrink and ctrl + ] to enlarge. :)

Thanks, will try that. Oddly enough, i don't seem to need the ctrl to make things larger, which is why it's odd that the shrinking thing didn't seem to work.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    @liliaeth it's ctrl + [ to shrink and ctrl + ] to enlarge. :)

Thanks, will try that. Oddly enough, i don't seem to need the ctrl to make things larger, which is why it's odd that the shrinking thing didn't seem to work.

Oh yeah, then try it without ctrl. But it's the bracket key on the left that shrinks and the one on the right that enlarges.