Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets patch

I see from other sites that the Pets patch is expected to break a lot of mods. Any idea when the patch will come out?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2017
    Based on previous timing, probably tomorrow (Thursday), but possibly early next week.

FWIW, there are usually a fairly quick updates for popular things like MCCC, Show Sim Info, etc. If you need those, I'd be tempted to just back up your Saves (just in case), pull out your mod folder, and get to know the new pack while you wait.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I do not allow for auto update. Then I can remove my mods before updating.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm not surprised if this patch breaks a few mods and CC. There's going to be a lot of changes to certain files that these mods modify to speak. Can't imagine not having MCC for a little while until the next update.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    I think it is recommended to remove all mods, install the patch and then replace bit by bit to see what works and what doesn't. I think with pets ability to interact with so many objects - especially the scratching on furniture, etc - creators will need to look at updating their objects. I don't use CC personally.
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Right. I agree on removing the mods and putting them back slowly. I went ahead and pulled everything and then did a semi-factory reset. I will put things back after the patch and expansion release.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I JUST downloaded a cc couch that’s so homey. Now I’ve got to remove it :expressionless:
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yeah, I am hopeful that since I refuse to get this EP because of the lack of birds as pets that the cc furniture I have will still work.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I hope it comes out tomorrow so I can play with the new roofs and the size down cheat while I wait for the EP.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I'm not surprised if this patch breaks a few mods and CC. There's going to be a lot of changes to certain files that these mods modify to speak. Can't imagine not having MCC for a little while until the next update.

I seriously can't play the game anymore without the MC Command Center Mod! I'll miss it so much (even though, you know, I'm sure they'll fix it rather quickly, but it's still going to feel like a century to me...), but let's hope the cats and dogs will prevent me from thinking too much about it! Other than that, I've got a Paintings Mod (that changes the paintings the Sims create), some Skintones (though I'm planning to remove them altogether), a Quadruplets and Quintuplets Mod, a NoDistanceBlur Mod, an InsectSpawner (but I'm not sure if it still works, I haven't tried in a while), the Faster Character Values Mod and some new Aspirations.

I guess none of them will work, right? :/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope it comes out tomorrow. There's a few roofs that I need to complete using the new roofs in the patch. Really excited for the "shrink ray" command to size objects down.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I know playing without MCCC is going to take a toll on how I play. I'm torn between speeding things up in my households, so that all the children are born, even if I have to split them up into other households, as I would imagine they'll disappear if I remove the mod. Or, I'll put a pause on that game save until Deaderpool can update and just concentrate on my other save, for now. That one I won't need any more than 8 Sims in a household. Phew! Who knew this was coming? Wow.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    I have to admit, it'll be tough to play without MCC, but I'm pretty sure it will be updated fairly quickly. Thankfully I don't have many mods that will break since most of what I've downloaded are CC items for Build, Buy, and CAS.
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I'm glad I don't really gotta worry about it since I have no mods. :P
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited November 2017
    Aesir26 wrote: »
    I have to admit, it'll be tough to play without MCC, but I'm pretty sure it will be updated fairly quickly. Thankfully I don't have many mods that will break since most of what I've downloaded are CC items for Build, Buy, and CAS.

Sadly, I think a lot of buy CC will get broken as well, if dogs can jump on sofas now, CC sofas may no longer work, we had lots of CC single beds throw Lastexceptions when Parenthood came out because of the new hide journal under the bed animation, so CC sofas may do this as well with any new animations that might come with them, also CC kitchen counters might not work as cats can jump up on them. I use a lot of Peacemaker_ic CC and on his blog, he is gearing up with fixes to his CC if C & D breaks his stuff.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2017

I do not use them as well and am interested in some of them but I would hate to pull and put them back. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I do not use them as well and am interested in some of them but I would hate to pull and put them back. :)

True one of the reasons why I prefer vanilla.
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    Well, this is wonderful... I wonder if it'll break that fall mod me and other people are using, I also was using that grocery mod, the smaller mosaics mod, mod poses, that fame mod, that one violent mod) custom food and others.

I also recently added those nice CC mods from the country living and Teeny tots stuff, wonder if they'll have to be fixed too.

Lord, I realize that this patch will definitely break any game-changing mod, including MCC command center, triplis,icemunmun and necrodog mods, wonder if custom traits will be affected as well.

Thank goodness I have my folder organized or this would be a horror show.

I hate that we can't stay at a patch level until the mods are fixed, we have to update it as soon as it comes out....
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    Well, this is wonderful... I wonder if it'll break that fall mod me and other people are using, I also was using that grocery mod, the smaller mosaics mod, mod poses, that fame mod, that one violent mod) custom food and others.

I also recently added those nice CC mods from the country living and Teeny tots stuff, wonder if they'll have to be fixed too.

Lord, I realize that this patch will definitely break any game-changing mod, including MCC command center, triplis,icemunmun and necrodog mods, wonder if custom traits will be affected as well.

I hate that we can't stay at a patch level until the mods are fixed, we have to update it as soon as it comes out....

No you don't. Just stay in offline mode in Origin and you can play without an update :)

When you log into Origin, just press Offline Mode, and it will run fine. I personally did this when a few annoying bugs get reported (like the spicy food bug).
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I'm curious IF the patch will come tomorrow, I don't think so tbh. We already have the livestream. I doubt they are releasing the patch too. Just my two cents.
    I think it's coming next Tuesday November 7th, 3 days before the release of the EP.
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member

Same, except for one, I just have the Lag Simulation Fix because I need the mod to play, otherwise my game is unplayable.
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Neechan1 wrote: »

No you don't. Just stay in offline mode in Origin and you can play without an update :)

When you log into Origin, just press Offline Mode, and it will run fine. I personally did this when a few annoying bugs get reported (like the spicy food bug).

Really? So when the patch comes out I don’t have to update it immediately? Thank goodness. Thanks for the input :)

Same, except for one, I just have the Lag Simulation Fix because I need the mod to play, otherwise my game is unplayable.

I heard that was one that was possibly being fixed in this patch…I could be wrong, though…
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Based on previous timing, probably tomorrow (Thursday), but possibly early next week.

FWIW, there are usually a fairly quick updates for popular things like MCCC, Show Sim Info, etc. If you need those, I'd be tempted to just back up your Saves (just in case), pull out your mod folder, and get to know the new pack while you wait.

I wouldn't expect the patch this week cause SimGuruDrake said they were focusing on the Livestream this week hence why we're not getting a trailer this week.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »

Not just mods I'm worried about. Big patches tend to break some objects and gameplay features and this is without mods or cc.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Well you could wait for Sims4studio to release an update. For those who don't know it, it can modify CC to work with updated game features. They did an automatic fix thing with all CC tables/chairs when Dine Out came out.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I wouldn't expect the patch this week cause SimGuruDrake said they were focusing on the Livestream this week hence why we're not getting a trailer this week.

I don't see why focusing on a livestream = no patch. I believe we're getting the patch today.