Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't wait to see what's in store for The Sims 4 in 2018

Comments

• Options
    RainbowColor1204RainbowColor1204 Posts: 193 Member
    I think that after the ep comes out, we are going to start getting hints about what's next just like last year with vampires.

I hope we get 2 gps next year too#
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm hoping for more game changing systems to be added in 2018 I need the worlds to change with Seasons more realistic with cars and our Sims be a little more deep with hobbies we pick for them and a romance system like Sims 2 with turn ons/turn offs.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    We have Ghosts, Aliens, Vampires and for a short amount of time something like really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Plantsims, but I refuse to count the last ones as Occults. So what is it? One Occult a Year?
    Hints towards Witches, Zombies, and Werewolves do exist.
    With the Vampires GP, they set the Bar really high.
    So we can expect that Sims 4 will continue to get new content at least for another 3 years based on that.

Toddlers Patch came with some Seasons Hints, Restaurants GP came with Toddlers Hints, one of those Garden Stuff Packs (the one where you can feed birds) came with Pets Hints.
    So we can be sure Seasons will be a thing in some way at some point.
    The Cats and Dogs Trailer had Lion Costumes and Shark Costumes in there, so something Tropical (Vacations? Island Paradise?) might be on the way as well.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    January: Laundry Day SP
    February: Werewolves GP
    March: SP
    April: Break Month - some free stuff
    May: SP
    June: Holiday GP
    July: SP
    August: SP
    September: GP
    October: Break Month
    November: Seasons EP
    December Break Month - Free Month

Maybe too daring? 3 GP's I don't know if we could get. :persevere:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017
    Burglars, Witches, Werewolves and Seasons pleasssse
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Burglars, Witches, Werewolves and Seasons pleasssse

Witches and Werewolves in one Year?
    As much as I'd LOVE that, I feel like that's too optimistic...
  • Options
    romanticsimmer02romanticsimmer02 Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes! everything has been been going really nicely for ts4. Im looking forward to it all for sure. It makes the game so fun for me when I love the graphics like I do with sims 4 <3
  • Options
    romanticsimmer02romanticsimmer02 Posts: 7 New Member
    my wish list

-firefighters
    -more fun activities for young adults
    -more ways for kids to play (jump rope, hide and seek)
    -a new travel destination
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    Pet's was the big one I been wanting the most:)) So I am really excited about that. The one's I really want are

-Small pets/ pet store, Zoo/circus pack, Farm animal pack, Magical animals like Pet Dragons, Unicorns
    -Fashion Game pack/career, Hair Salon, Tattoo Parlor
    - Cars, and something new like Mobile Holmes and camper's
    - Mermaids, Fairies, Witches, Werewolves, Elves
    - Burglars, Firefighters
    - Romance, some kind of Turn on and off system, more funny interactions with Exes
    - More Career options of any kind
    - Handicap's like wheelchair's and Crutches, hearing impaired and seeing impaired. With Dogs being to aid them by walking with them and ect.
    - Season's and any Vacation pack:))
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm really curious about the Game Packs. Will they give us Witches already? The tropical destination is almost guaranteed... unless they hold it for after Seasons, which is everyone's bet for the EP.

I believe I read somewhere Graham saying that we usually have 4 SPs for fiscal year. Laundry is one, curious about the three left.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    Well, you'll be waiting a long time. After all, they are releasing gameplay at a snail's pace.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    This was indeed a very strong year for The Sims 4. All I am looking forward to now is Seasons or its Sims 4 equivalent. My Sims experience will be complete within the next year or so.
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Hopefully they focus on making Seasons and University before any more Supernatural stuff, I really never liked the ghosts, vampires, witches, aliens, fairies, and werewolves stuff... then again I never liked the celeb stuff either, thankfully you could turn that stuff off in ts3. One thing above all though that really grinded my gears was the zombie junk in ts3, I had to do something with the moon phase just to get the zombies to leave my garden alone.
  • Options
    bhmiller89bhmiller89 Posts: 1 New Member
    I wish there were more CAS options. Height, body hair, piercings besides ears, option to choose sexuality. Would be cool to choose which gender(s) my Sim is attracted to, much like how we can choose whether or not a Sim can get pregnant/get others pregnant.

And more job options! Would love part time job options! Whenever my Sims couple has a new baby I always make one of them quit their job.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    This is a good year - maybe that's how it'll be from now on.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    If 2017 was any indication, I can’t wait to see what comes in 2018! We are getting Laundry at least, which was someth8ng small I was hoping for. (Even if it is just the stackable washers and dryers. Was hoping for the top loaders too, but you can’t have everything unfortunately). My main hope for the year is Seasons, and some more vacation destinations.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Here are my guesses:
    • January: witches GP
    • February: laundry day SP
    • May: SP
    • June: Vacation GP
    • August: SP
    • November: Season EP

Yes please! This would be a very nice combination for me :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm hoping that EA/Maxis employ more staff if Cats and Dogs is a great success and expand the game more. Seasons would be my favourite EP. I just wished it could come before Christmas though.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    This was a GREAT year for Sims 4, with the inclusion of toddlers (finally!!) and vampires (most well-done lifestate yet, holy crap), and I got a lot more into the game than ever??

Until recently I've mostly just stayed with The Sims 3 because it had all the things that I needed already.

All I want from next year is seasons, weather and werewolves. Yep, that'll do for me.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    ValxoValxo Posts: 56 Member
    Im really hoping that they add seasons and university in the next year or so.

On a smaller note, I also hope they add a bunch of new lifetime aspirations... I find that I'm starting to use the same ones over and over again, they're starting to feel a bit stale. Also, more traits.
  • Options
    ChelsmazingChelsmazing Posts: 60 Member
    Possible unpopular opinion, I don't think we'll ever get cars in the sims 4.

I don't think the practicality of them would end up being worth the development time given we're in a closed world with loading screens for travel times, it's not going to be able to effect travel speed the way vehicles in the sims 3 did so they would essentially just be a decoration. Yes it does take away from the reality of life by not owning a car but I just don't think there is much they could actually do within the game aside from sit in the garage/in front of the house.

Or maybe I'm not seeing all the creative possibilities everyone else is :#
    Spread love, not hate.
    The world is dark enough as it is.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited October 2017
    I hope to see this trend continue in 2018.

You shouldn't hope... there is no doubt 2018 will be an amazing year :p .
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Possible unpopular opinion, I don't think we'll ever get cars in the sims 4.

I don't think the practicality of them would end up being worth the development time given we're in a closed world with loading screens for travel times, it's not going to be able to effect travel speed the way vehicles in the sims 3 did so they would essentially just be a decoration. Yes it does take away from the reality of life by not owning a car but I just don't think there is much they could actually do within the game aside from sit in the garage/in front of the house.

Or maybe I'm not seeing all the creative possibilities everyone else is :#

Sims 2 had a closed world where cars didn't affect travel time but cars were far better than in 3. Cars are more than just a mode of travel, they can be a career, hobby and storytelling item.
  • Options
    ChelsmazingChelsmazing Posts: 60 Member
    Oo, okay! I only got in on sims right about the sims 2 was wrapping up, so my details on that series is quite fuzzy as I was a bit on the younger also. I've got a horrible problem forgetting to consider how the sims 1 or 2 were set up, so I appreciate you opening my eyes on that one @samlyt22
    Spread love, not hate.
    The world is dark enough as it is.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited October 2017
    My guess for 2018:

January: Laundry Day SP
    February: Witches GP
    March: Wedding SP
    April: Big patch (including two cars)
    May: Cars SP
    June: Summer Vacation GP
    July: Big patch (including proms & school certificate celebration)
    August: Bath and Bed SP
    September: University GP
    October: Big patch (including new outfit category: Outdoor)
    November: Seasons EP
    December: Update of "Holiday Pack"
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS