Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Fantasy writing/modelling comp

Comments

• Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Thank you for this! @Jendowoz0612<3
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    You are very welcome, @aussiekarima, just added him to the character board, which I'll put up once I have everyone elses.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    LOL, :p Don't sulk, @Movotti I know you won't give up. It'll come together. You entries always do. ;)
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    edited October 2017
    2 days and 17 hours left to have your 1st assignment/application and background history write up in my lovely adventurers. Hope they are all well on the way. Thanks to those already in . Bonus points are awarded for those that get them in on time don't forget.

@aussiekarima @Bugsie2016 @annathefantabulous @Movotti @jilliebee22 @ArtsyAmy @TEXASTWANGTONYA

• Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    :) Trying to get some time this evening. :)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Yay, we now have 4 judges that are all keen writers, so this is going to be so much fun, I hope for them and for the players. <3

I have put us in a PM together fellow judges so if you are not sure about anything and need to ask or query anything at all, you can do it there. I would also be keen, since you are all competent writers, to bring up or suggest anything that you think needs improving and when the adventure actually starts, feedback along the way. That goes for the players as well.

Please feel free to suggest or pick me up on anything you think needs discussing, albeit to improve the players' experience as writers or suggest other ways of doing things, since this is the first time I've tried anything like this in a competition format and not face to face. I trust in you all, thanks. :)

@socallucyfan @chellemh29 @lisabee2

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Got my pic done, just gotta write my thing.
    gonna work on it sometime today.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Can't wait to see them, @movotti and @ArtsyAmy

• Options
    edited November 2017
    "Since we will be leaving on our adventure soon, fellow travellers, it is time to bid farewell to your loved ones, as some of us may not return from this perilous journey of which we are about to embark."

***If you have any questions about your items, please ask. You may copy your starter items so you have them next to you when you write. Just may help you with ideas when writing***

bAXuohW.pngx366jcx.png

Below this is your weapons and some of you who will need special packs in red.

Barbarian Weapons:
    You start with the following Equipment, in addition to the Equipment granted by your background:

•(a) a on-handed great axe or (b) any martial melee weapon
    • (a) two hand axes or (b) any simple weapon
    • Your knapsack with given provisions and four javelins

Clerical Weapons
    You start with the following items, plus anything provided by your background:

• (a) A mace or (b) a Warhammer (if proficient)
    • (a) Scale Mail, (b) Leather Armor, or (c) Chain Mail (if proficient)
    • (a) A Light Crossbow and 20 bolts or (b) any simple weapon
    • (a) Your knapsack with given provisions
    • A Shield and a holy Symbol
    Special Clerical Item – Priest’s Pack
    • a Blanket
    • 10 candles
    • a Tinderbox
    • an alms box (just in case we encounter a generous group of villagers)
    • 2 blocks of incense
    • a censer
    • vestments

Druidic Weapons

• (a) (b) any simple weapon or short bow and 20 arrows
    • (a) A Scimitar or (b) any simple melee weapon
    • your knapsack with given provisions and Leather Armor, and a druidic focus
    Special Druidic Item: Herbalism Pack
    This kit contains a variety of first aid items:
    • clippers
    • mortar and pestle
    • pouches and vials used by herbalists to creat remedies and potions
    • antitoxen for various poisons and venom
    • torn up rags for bandages
    • antiseptic
    • implements such as a small sharp knife etc.

Ranger Weapons
    You start with the following items, plus anything provided by your background.

• (a) Scale Mail or (b) Leather Armor
    • (a) two short-swords or (b) two simple Melee Weapons
    • (a) your knapsack with given provisions
    • A Longbow and a Quiver of 20 Arrows

Rogue Weapons

• (a) A Rapier or (b) a Short sword
    • (a) A Short bow and Quiver of 20 Arrows or (b) a Short sword
    • (a) your knapsack with given provisions and Thieves' Tools
    • Leather Armor, two daggers
    Special Rogue Item: Burglar’s Pack
    • a bag of 1,000 Ball bearings
    • 10 feet of string
    • a bell
    • 5 candles
    • a Crowbar
    • a Hammer
    • 10 pitons
    • a Hooded lantern
    • 2 flasks of oil
    • 5 days Rations
    • a Tinderbox
    • a Waterskin
    • 50 feet of Hempen rope

Sorcerer Weapons

• (a) A Light Crossbow and 20 bolts or (b) any simple weapon
    • (a) A component pouch
    • (a) your knapsack with given provisions
    • Two daggers

Wizard/Mage Weapons

• (a) a Quarterstaff and (b) a Dagger
    • (a) a Component pouch
    • (a) your knapsack with given provisions and a book of lore
    Special Item: Scholar's Pack
    • A bottle of ink
    • an Ink pen
    • 10 sheets of Parchment
    • a little bag of sand
    • A Spell book for recording spells

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited October 2017
    Yay, we now have 4 judges that are all keen writers, so this is going to be so much fun, I hope for them and for the players. <3

I have put us in a PM together fellow judges so if you are not sure about anything and need to ask or query anything at all, you can do it there. I would also be keen, since you are all competent writers, to bring up or suggest anything that you think needs improving and when the adventure actually starts, feedback along the way. That goes for the players as well.

Please feel free to suggest or pick me up on anything you think needs discussing, albeit to improve the players' experience as writers or suggest other ways of doing things, since this is the first time I've tried anything like this in a competition format and not face to face. I trust in you all, thanks. :)

@socallucyfan @chellemh29 @lisabee2

Soo excited to be in here with you all .. I am so honored to be a part of this! I look forward to seeing the wonderful creativity that you all will bring to this comp <3 TY @Jendowoz0612 <3

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    You are most welcome, @lisabee2 <3;) I am excited too! :blush:

• Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited October 2017
    Wow! Tons I had to catch up on.........!!! LOL LOL :dizzy::dizzy::D:D@aussiekarima --- Fantastic Story! Wish I Could Write That Well ... I Am NOT A Writer & Especially for Fantasy ... But Will Try! :open_mouth::s<3<3 Welcome @lisabee2 -- Our New Judge???? Girl!!!! I Have Seen you all over the GALLERY!!!! I Am Like ...... HEY LISA!!!!!! Waving!!!!!!! At My Screen LOL LOL You Entered The Fruit Sim Challenge.... & You Are Kiwi & I Am Avacado!!! We had the Same hair so funnyyy! :o;):D:D<3 .......... Well, Jen ..... I DUNNO........ I Am Lost With This....... :s:s Do Have His Shot But that's about it......... :D:s:D Petrifiedddddd! I am going TO sound so "Lost" LOL
  • Options
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA

I'll Pm you a bit later, I have an idea that you can expand on for a Barbarian, Tonya. You will have to write it but it may give you some ideas to work with.

• Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    OH WowZerZ!!!!!!! Thanks Jen....... I Could Use Any Kind Of HELP.......... :D:D:s:s<3
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Preferred Name: Movotti
    Character Class: Mage
    Character Race: Human
    Name of Character: Seth Magnus
    I'm one of five children, the son of a mage and a bard. All of my siblings have an affinity for leaning magic. All of us entered our educational institutions already knowing how to write, being able to recognise magical components (and their use), and being able to read the the common mage script. For each of us, this meant that we got to skip ahead in our classes

I've spent the last 7 years studying hard at the Swansong Mage Academy. Unlike other students, even when the Academy was under lockdown, when the tutors were needed elswhere in the lands, I kept up with my studies. I didn't play pranks, I didn't nearly burn down the east tower, I didn't sneak out to taverns. I studied. And in only 7 years, I completed 10 years of study.

I have a twin brother who was also studying at Swansong Mage Academy, but he quit his studies after only five years, and then disappeared. None of the Magnus family have heard from him since.

Each week for the last few months, I have begged the Headmage to allow me to leave, to reenter the world, and have the chance to help people. Surely it is time.

tumblr_oyha8039cs1v2n804o1_1280.png

I think I still need a headshot?

BOOM! Headshot.
    tumblr_oyhdvhKtlC1v2n804o1_1280.png
    Post edited by Movotti on
  • Options
    Yes please. it can be on the same background as the one above. Interesting background history. It's great, @Movotti :D

• Options
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA

Tonya have sent you a PM with a few links that should help you.

• Options
    oooh my headshot is HUGE... it makes the messy editing look more messy :/
    *snort* Trash has a big head.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @Movotti It's not that bad. :)
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited October 2017
    *double post*
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    It's absolutely fine, @Movotti :)

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I will get the ball rolling for our judges. Here is my judge head shot on transparent

User Name: Jendowoz
    Preferred Name: Jen
    Head shot on transparent:

ojtYjYW.png

• Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited October 2017
    ~ Wow, I have missed Trash! @Movotti Love the backstory!♥ <3
    ~ Jen great,we are being Judged by a High Priestess @Jendowoz0612 She is stunning BTW! <3o:)<3
    ~ I love your backstory for your Rogue,some mystery there, I love it Bugsie @Bugsie2016 Hi, I am new around here! B)
    ~ And Jillie I love you Tiefling Sorcerer, she looks like a good person to have on our side! She looks like she can mesmerise!@jilliebee22 I would definitely not want to be on her bad side! Hi, by the way! :)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    Wow! Tons I had to catch up on.........!!! LOL LOL :dizzy::dizzy::D:D@aussiekarima --- Fantastic Story! Wish I Could Write That Well ... I Am NOT A Writer & Especially for Fantasy ... But Will Try! :open_mouth::s<3<3 Welcome @lisabee2 -- Our New Judge???? Girl!!!! I Have Seen you all over the GALLERY!!!! I Am Like ...... HEY LISA!!!!!! Waving!!!!!!! At My Screen LOL LOL You Entered The Fruit Sim Challenge.... & You Are Kiwi & I Am Avacado!!! We had the Same hair so funnyyy! :o;):D:D<3 .......... Well, Jen ..... I DUNNO........ I Am Lost With This....... :s:s Do Have His Shot But that's about it......... :D:s:D Petrifiedddddd! I am going TO sound so "Lost" LOL

*waves @TEXASTWANGTONYA ... OHH I need to go back in and fav a bunch then <3 Did you do curvy and silver vixen too .. they are cute!!

Yes, I am excited to be a part of this .. you know I am a major simlit fan and a just new to dabbling in modeling so this is a win-win for me! I will earn LOTS under the tutelage of @Jendowoz0612 and the other sweet judges I am certain!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    My headshot ..

EWEHYoX.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger