Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 does not launch suddenly

SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
I was playing the game last night and had no problem. Clicked on the icon to start it early this am and now it does not launch. Task manager shows that it is there - but the game does not actually appear. Help please.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Deleting the cache files in your The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection folder might help.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    If RFlong idea don't work. Try repair game on Origin. Just left click make sure your in my game libary. Look for repair.
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    If RFlong idea don't work. Try repair game on Origin. Just left click make sure your in my game libary. Look for repair.

I did delete the cache files, restarted my computer, etc. - Now I have origin open, tried left clicking on the sims 2 but can't rind repair game. - Just found it is listed in settings of the game - but it is grayed out. Should I uninstall and reinstall?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I would generate a new Save folder before moving to reinstalling.

Rename the The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection folder in Documents (Holding) and try to start the game.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I agree with Rflong, I would try to generate a new folder first. If you do decide to do a reinstall, remember to back up anything you changed such as the graphic rules and video card folders ( If you used graphic rules) also the .exe if you removed securom.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,939 Member

I did delete the cache files, restarted my computer, etc. - Now I have origin open, tried left clicking on the sims 2 but can't rind repair game. - Just found it is listed in settings of the game - but it is grayed out. Should I uninstall and reinstall?

Try right-clicking on The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in Origin. Then the Repair Game will show up.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Did you get it fixed? I have never loaded TS2UC through Origin. Origin is 90% of all problems with TS2 and TS4 loading/crashing. And will never patch TS3 with the Origin patch to depend on Origin.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SIMplyRuth

This used to happen to me when I ran programs like CC cleaner which fiddles with the registry so I stopped using it but if I clicked on repair in Origin like other players have already suggested it used to clear it up and the game would start again..
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member

Yeah I meant right click but I guess it been long week.