Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who plays without mods?

Asking because I watch a lot of youtubers play the sims 4 and I think I can only think of two who play without mods! Mc command is very popular.

I have two games on both PCs in our house, one has mc command, the other doesn't so it's more a test game or one I go to when new content is out and waiting updates. (Although to be fair it's not a long wait with MCCC.

Does anyone else play with a vanilla game? (Not talking about cc)

Comments

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I've pretty much never not played with the NoFitness/Fat daily change mod. Like, I tried it a little bit, but couldn't get past the weight and muscle changes messing with my perfectly sculpted sims I spent so long on in CAS. Durn body changes.

So no. I play with mods. Virtually always have that one, if nothing else.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I don't use mods or cc. I had mc command for a couple days, but didn't like how it made decisions for me. For example to change the last name when sims get married. Also, it was really complicated to fully turn off all story progression...it wasn't worth the hassle for me. I actually enjoy the game like this and it is REALLY stable. It never crashed and up until this week I played on a computer that was below the minimum requirements and was a laptop.
    However, the downsite is that I have to deal with whatever EA decides, which can be a challenge sometimes.
  • Options
    MilkiMilki Posts: 51 Member
    The only mods I play with is Pose Player and one custom trait (sorcerer trait). Apart from that I only download CC for my game. Script mods tend to slow down my gameplay and usually don't work (such as the Go To School mod)
    37014449452_29a2394fc8.jpg

• Options
    aresmarsaresaresmarsares Posts: 59 Member
    I have yet to use any mods in my Sims 4 game. I have used them in the other Sims games though I usually don't keep them installed. At this time I have no plans on it.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Not me, I need mods to live with Sims. Need mods to make Sims 3 work. Need mods to make Sims 4 not so boring.

Need those things.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I play without mods and cc.
    I have used mccc before but quit using it at the beginning of 2017 after I got a new laptop. I actually enjoy TS4 a lot more without mods.
  • Options
    saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2017
    used to play without mods but now I'm using MCcommand and more populated sims.

change gamespeed to 75 to make my sims day better, thanks to that my sims had enough time to go outside.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    No mods for me. And, at the moment, I have no cc either.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No mods here.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    No mods , no CC.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I have a partition of MCC JUST for limited story progression (used to play rotationally, but simulation lag completely killed it for me, so now I play it like TS3) and "No Simulation Lag" mod. Though that one is yet to do anything, so I might take it out.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited September 2017
    Me!
    Well, I only recently put in one mod. The CL name mod, to have english names, does nothing to the gameplay.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I have a Sims 4 folder that has no mods in it that I use to play certain challenges. But my main folder I use lots of mods.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I play without mods and without CC. I used to play Sims 3 with mods to fix bugs. I much prefer playing 4 without.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    no, i can't cope without my no smiling mod, that stupid face makes me irrationally angry.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I tip my hat off to annyone who can survive this game without mods/cc. I just can't do it :disappointed: lol.

I try it once in awhile, but it lasts less than 10 mins at the least. :lol:
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I dont use mods, or CC. Not only because I'm computer-ly challenged, but I don't want to encourage maxis's bad behavior. If there's a mod for something like simulation lag, maxis should get it together and fix the lag, I shouldnt need a mod to do it. Same with MCCC. If MCCC allows players to edit relationships to control culling and decay, it should just be an option in the game. Why cant it?
    I just think maxis relies on modders too much, which in my opinion is lazy and pathetic.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Its funny. I don't think ive even not modded a sims game. Even wayyyy back in the original sims before pets got added someone made a CC dog and pig which i had in my game! I had CC in 2 but not in 3. I went for about 2 years in 4 only using MCCC and recently got back into making and using CC in 4. Its just always been part of playing sims for me!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited September 2017
    I played without mods for a long time but I now have a few that I can't live without. As for MCCOmmand Center it took me a long time to want to play with it and the first time I put it in was a complete disaster that killed my save game at the time. But I missed story progression enough that I tried it again and I've had it in my game for almost a year now and think I'm maybe kind of/sort of getting the hang of it lol. Enough to start contemplating trying to do a Sims 2 Style Rotational styled BACC save in my game.

That said I feel if I have to I could go no Mods and still enjoy the game. It would be tough re-learning to get used to certain things again but I do think that at the end of the day Sims 4 IS actually playable without them.

I know that you have other reasons for not wanting to use it and they are completely valid MCCC is not for everyone (no matter how much some people cheerlead it in the community). But just so you're aware there is a setting that will make it so it won't change married names on you if you don't want it to. I can go in and tell you how if you'd like.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I want to play without mods but then the game does something stupid like, mark counters as unusable because I have small clutter on the outer slots, even though the main cooking slot is still free, and it's either mod it out or rage uninstall the game.

So most of my mods are for that, fixing small nuisances, and make the game bearable to play.
    I wonder if the dev team ever plays the game for longer than a few minutes at a time because if they did, surely they would realize things happening all.the.time is the opposite of fun.
    Eat ice cream ? Brain freeze every bite ! Vegetarian sim eat vegetarian meal ? Notification about it ! Have children ? Monster-under-the-bed induced trauma every night !

So I mod to have a sensible game but I shouldn't have to do that.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I dont use mods, or CC. Not only because I'm computer-ly challenged, but I don't want to encourage maxis's bad behavior. If there's a mod for something like simulation lag, maxis should get it together and fix the lag, I shouldnt need a mod to do it. Same with MCCC. If MCCC allows players to edit relationships to control culling and decay, it should just be an option in the game. Why cant it?
    I just think maxis relies on modders too much, which in my opinion is lazy and pathetic.

I do agree, that Maxis should fix the gameplay issues that the game has for many players (the 8am freeze, simulation lag, detective and doctor career, etc) but I love mods and am glad that Maxis doesn't spend the time and money focusing on giving us all the options mods can. Then we'd get less attention to the gameplay features that is wanted in the game and with a mod, each individual can determine if they do or don't want that feature. Such as no auto mourning mod. It was the first mod I got for my game. I got tired of my sims, even sims that have never met the deceased, stopping actions I've queued up, to go mourn a grave every couple minutes. I literally had a moved in sim stop cooking 3 times to go mourn his grand mother in law that he had never met. I was at my wits end and ready to stop playing the game all together until I got that mod. Not everyone is going to like that feature being taken away. Not everyone doesn't like sim to auto mourn. Now, if Maxis focused on giving everyone the option to no auto mourn, that would take resources away from a possible bug fix for lag or one of the GTW careers that need fixed (example). So, yes, I do think Maxis needs to step up and fix the core problems with the game, but as for giving us more options, I'm fine with mods to the rescue. That way, we - the players - get to pick and chose what features we do and don't want or want to enhance.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited September 2017
    I've always used cc. Back in the sims 1 days, I was proud of myself for figuring out how to it in my game. (was 12 at the time) I didn't have as much content then because I only really knew about thesimsresource and you had to pay to get the nicer stuff. In the sims 2 I had cc and mods and used modthesims a lot. For the sims 3 I needed mods to play the game because my sims would randomly move away, die, or vanish. I don't use as much cc or mods in the sims 4 though. I think I probably use two or three mods and the cc I have is mostly in cas.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I always use mods. Even make some of my own. Sims 3 I always used mods to help reduce the lag because it was awful in Bridgeport with those blasted cars. Gets the same way in Newcrest and Willowcreek.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I wouldn't play without it.