Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So will we finally see firemen?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    No, I keep wondering about this though. We have the sprinklers and smoke detectors, so Sims can extinguish it themselves.

Usually when we have a fire, everyone is zoomed in to the fire, so what could happen? Maybe a firefighter just shows up right there and puts it out and then leaves just as quick. If they were to add them, I would want them to do much more and flesh them out (like have them show up and get a ladder to go to the top window to rescue a sim stuck on the 2nd floor) while the other sims, who could escape, are out at the curb! Maybe a sim is laying on the floor inside and inhaled too much smoke? Maybe that sim dies? Or maybe gets sent to a hospital? Where is the Hospital? I am not talking about the Dr. Career.

We need a hospital even if it only has one floor they utilize. Bring me my private hospital rooms, let my sim visit their loved ones in the hospital before they get to go home, or say their goodbyes if the sim doesn't make it. You can even make it appear like their are Dr's at the counter of the desk and nurse's behind the desk, people walking down the hallways. After all, you are good with illusions!

Burglars? Well, there are mean, evil sims out there. I could see one sneaking in, taking the TV or computer (please leave my toilets alone) and they may get out the door with it and not get caught (do we even have burglar alarms yet). Bring in the detectives to take pics and solve the "who did it". Even if the thief gets caught by the officer who shows up, they will just fight it out and be taken away.

What I am saying, is they can utilize the GTW careers they have now, but open them up to where sims can visit these places, not just when they are sick or working there. I like having these npc's in the game, but I would really want them fleshed out and I don't see that happening. There is still too many things more important that people want, so I don't see this as a priority. I would love to be proved wrong though.

*I apologize if I went OT*
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    good thing i never create evil sims then because i prefer sims that are good and nice the only way i would not mind buglars is if there is an option to turn off buglars since i clearly do not went to see some robbing my sims homes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2017
    kellza wrote: »
    Maybe with seasons? Was just thinking last night how firemen might have to come with seasons - I remember having some epic fires from lightning hitting trees :|

All previous sims had firemen in base game. In addition to those, in Sims 3 in Ambitions we got firemen career that we went with the firemen doing their jobs. Actually the only sims firemen that put out the fires in your former Sims games though were the base game firemen npcs. If you never played the ambitions firemen career the base game fire department was the only firemen you saw. You had to play the career to see the career ones. The career ones can rescue sims, and do all kinds of firemen things. Even make the fire truck run better and faster. They also fought earthquakes and stuff too. But the npc firemen just did what they always have done.

But other than that career - firemen were always part of the Sims base game. You need real roads to have things like firemen, npc cops, etc which sims 4 does not have (open or closed world does not matter- road system does matter) - they would have to rebuild all the worlds to allow any kind of usable vehicle - as the roads you see in the game are faux roads for fx vehicles with pedestrian crossings.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited September 2017
    good thing i never create evil sims then because i prefer sims that are good and nice the only way i would not mind buglars is if there is an option to turn off buglars since i clearly do not went to see some robbing my sims homes

In Sims 4 you have to be wary of your visitors as they can steal things from your sims house if they have the klepto trait. I had a maid steal stuff everytime she comes because the game gave her that trait apparently. Now my sims best friend steals from her -he is a Maxis sim from Windenburg that my sims met at one of the festivals. He stole my woohoo/potty bush last time he visited. My sims cannot even trust their friends. Shesh!
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    We may get firemen some day. The kids poster has a firetruck, then there's the toddler firetruck toy. :)

37163502202_823461a789_h.jpg
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    I really do hope they add firemen
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    I think the "Fire Escape" trailer song might have been a hint for more content returning, such as firefighters. The Cats and Dogs reveal trailer doesn't specifically sing about the love of a dog and cat. Instead it says something like "You're the one, you're the reason I'm still going strong" They know that pets are some of the most requested content, so the song choice could have been a subtle message to Simmers to keep holding on because more popular content is coming back to the Sims 4, meaning first Cats and Dogs, followed later on by more packs.
    I found it rather significant that the song also mentioned Vampires, which came back.

Either way I will be disappointed if our cats and dogs can't swing from the fire escape! :)
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I want the firefighter career back so badly! I'm waiting on re-creating a sim from TS3 because I need that to be his future career.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'd like to see the firemen back too. I kind of miss my sims being scolded by the fire fighters in TS2 and 3. BTW evil sims are so much fun to play especially when they are in the criminal career. They can set the llama game on fire and when mayhem is mastered they can ruin everything. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    We may get firemen some day. The kids poster has a firetruck, then there's the toddler firetruck toy. :)

37163502202_823461a789_h.jpg

Hi,
    And Look- Horses will be coming, too! ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I get that burglars can sneak around the neighborhood and enter you sims house and steal stuff. But how would the fireman get to your house? Run from some nonexistent firehouse? Would they just come running onto your lot with a fire extinguisher and put out the fire? Then run off the lot, back to the nonexistent fire house? I don't see firemen in this version.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I wish.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I get that burglars can sneak around the neighborhood and enter you sims house and steal stuff. But how would the fireman get to your house? Run from some nonexistent firehouse? Would they just come running onto your lot with a fire extinguisher and put out the fire? Then run off the lot, back to the nonexistent fire house? I don't see firemen in this version.

There was no firehouse in the Sims 1 or Sims 2, and they both had firemen, so I think that point is irrelevant. Firemen would most likely just appear on the lot with a fire extinguisher. There are no issues with putting them in the game. It just comes down to when they decide to do it.
  • Options
    mmickel95mmickel95 Posts: 30 Member
    I wish they had more Get to Work careers! Detective, Doctor, and Scientist are fun, but I miss having more careers to choose from. I can't wait for the vet career. I feel like they could've done more with Get to Work than they did.
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

There was no firehouse in the Sims 1 or Sims 2, and they both had firemen, so I think that point is irrelevant. Firemen would most likely just appear on the lot with a fire extinguisher. There are no issues with putting them in the game. It just comes down to when they decide to do it.

With sims being able to extinguish fires and the fire alarms and ceiling sprinklers, we don't really need firemen either.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    bixters wrote: »

Sims 1 and 2 and even 3 all had real roads and road systems - Sims 4 does not - it has paths made to look like roads. What will they do just materialize where ever a fire is - then vanish. Also don't really see the point - I can count on less than one hand any fires in the game among 35 households I have played - 1 a stove and one an outside grill, both of which were immediately extinguished almost as soon as they started. Can't see the need for them.

I think we need more space - not more NPCs taking up what little space we have. Never mind rather useless NPCs. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Sims 1 and 2 and even 3 all had real roads and road systems - Sims 4 does not - it has paths made to look like roads. What will they do just materialize where ever a fire is - then vanish. Also don't really see the point - I can count on less than one hand any fires in the game among 35 households I have played - 1 a stove and one an outside grill, both of which were immediately extinguished almost as soon as they started. Can't see the need for them.

I think we need more space - not more NPCs taking up what little space we have. Never mind rather useless NPCs. LOL.

Why do you need roads to have NPC's? We already have repairmen, nannies and maids, so what difference does it make it make whether we have policemen and firemen? And the NPC's we already have just appear at the end of the road, come into the house, do their jobs, then walk back down the street and disappear.
  • Options
    fruitsmisfruitsmis Posts: 82 Member
    I miss having firemen rushing in and saving my sims' house/possessions from utter disaster and as a reward use them as the next victim - er husband/wife for my sims....
    Either way, I still miss having fireman, I find the alarm/sprinkler system is not enough for me and the firefighter profession was one of my favourites.
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I miss fireman too and all other NPC's I can't see a logical reason why they still haven't added them in, people have been asking for years now. It was always just a bit of fun with the random NPC's turning up.
  • Options
    raybagginsraybaggins Posts: 30 New Member
    i hope so
  • Options
    I'd rather have the stripper cake and a fireman dancer jump out.
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    Oh that reminds me I miss the strippers too :(
  • Options
    TrixieLoca wrote: »
    Oh that reminds me I miss the strippers too :(

If they bring back the stripper cakes, you could have a choice of maybe three or four costumes for the stripper to wear. Fireman, cowboy, etc.