Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So will we finally see firemen?

This is probably like the biggest cliche, but with pets coming out ... will firemen come back??? Especially if dogs have careers.
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited September 2017
    I can't remember and am too lazy to find the tweet - but a guru put a pole on her twitter asking about which NPC people miss the most. I'm sure it has nothing to do with bringing NPCs back in *cough* or it does *cough*

ETA: this is what I was talking about
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/924496/fun-friday-poll-which-of-these-sims-2-npcs-were-you-the-most-happy-to-see#latest
  • Options
    MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    Sure that we will, cause we already got nannies and butlers back. I think we may hope on something new too, cause we already got cooks, barmen, piano players, gardeners and so on.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    I can't remember and am too lazy to find the tweet - but a guru put a pole on her twitter asking about which NPC people miss the most. I'm sure it has nothing to do with bringing NPCs back in *cough* or it does *cough*

ETA: this is what I was talking about
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/924496/fun-friday-poll-which-of-these-sims-2-npcs-were-you-the-most-happy-to-see#latest

But we already have two of those

Sure that we will, cause we already got nannies and butlers back. I think we may hope on something new too, cause we already got cooks, barmen, piano players, gardeners and so on.

I think is about time
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Don't know about firemen but if we can have firefighters it would be great :) prefer to have both male and female ones. Could see one or two of my girls looking for a cool firefighter lady.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I don't want firemen to return till cars return firemen poofing on the lot does not cut it for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Dogs have careers? I thought they don't.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Dogs have careers? I thought they don't.

Curious about this too. Any confirmation either way?
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    When flying pigs are added to the game.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I think we'll get firefighters around whatever time they decide to give us burglars and cops as well
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Well, pets are uncontrollable. So, no, I don't think there are pet careers.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

They were in uncontrollable in TS2 too but still had careers.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    edited September 2017
    Maybe with seasons? Was just thinking last night how firemen might have to come with seasons - I remember having some epic fires from lightning hitting trees :|
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Oh might be confused about the careers then. Sorry my bad
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I mean when you think about it, the sprinkler already in game puts out a fire very quickly so adding a fireman at this point almost feels like they would be working backwards.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2017

Sims 2 pets were uncontrollable and they had careers. It is controllable pets that can't have careers and why Sims 3 pets did not have them. Besides there was talk about the pets having careers but I don't recall where I saw it. It might have been an interview during Gamescom. Not much was said about it - it was just mentioned as being like in Sims 2.

Sims 1and 2 both had what is considered uncontrollable pets - only Sims 3 had controllable pet Sims. The only pets in Sims ever to be a controllable sim. So sims 4 pets are as controllable as Sims 1 or Sims 2 pets.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Regardless of whether or not they add back firefighters, I hope they at least make fires more common/more ferocious, because at the moment they hardly ever happen unless you've practically set one up to happen, and when you do get a fire they don't last very long.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2017
    I've not once had a fire in Sims 4 - not once. I am not complaining - I like not having fires. lol.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited September 2017
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I mean when you think about it, the sprinkler already in game puts out a fire very quickly so adding a fireman at this point almost feels like they would be working backwards.
    I disagree, instead of it being a rushed no effort feature like the sprinkler that adds no game play or story options you would have a fireman rushing in to save the day not to mention I have seen a few simmers desperate to have their Sim marry the fireman which does not work so well with the sprinkler. Do you also feel the same way with dating options and feel what we have works well since a sim can chat it up and a few minutes later be woohooing and married and adding in something more complex would be going be going backwards since its just so easy now?

At this point with no cars I'm in no rush for firemen but if they ever do come I would hope fires happen more frequently have only had 1 happen.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Seems like the most involved part of adding firefighters would be designing uniforms and deciding to what extent/how they should operate. I mean, they'd probably just poof on the lot, the way any invited NPC arrives, then run to put out the fire. But should they just use the extinguish interaction? Are people hoping for them to have a firetruck and a hose? What's the hope for how they would function?
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member

There's a sprinkler??
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »

There's a sprinkler??

yes, it's in the same place where you find the smoke alarm.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    There should still be firemen or burglars in a patch, I believe some icons were leaked not too long ago? Regardless, I miss burglars and firemen they've been in the game forever and add both help and a challenge, and burglars would work really well with GTW.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I do believe they will give us burglars and firemen at some point. There are way too many complaints about them being missing. They're just taking their sweet time as with most additions to this game. It don't really care about how long it is taking though, I'm convinced they'll be here someday (I'm an optimist).
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »

There's a sprinkler??

yes, it's in the same place where you find the smoke alarm.

What?! I had no idea!!! Since base game?? :o
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif