Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question For Non-Vampire Players...

What did you do to Forgotten Hollow to make it useful? I hate having an empty world in my "normal" save, but idk what to add to it.
Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Retail-store for savings-account

Retirement home for elders that you want to keep but not play

Personally I always use the maps that I am currently not playing in as storage for sims that I want to keep in the game.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I don't know if it's necessarily "useful" but I have a graveyard there. To be fair, I have graveyards in basically every neighborhood though. . .
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Haven't done anything yet, but it would be a great place for an amusement park.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Even when I'm not playing as a vampire, sometimes I make sims live there anyway.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I filled mine with cafes and restaurants so they dont take up residential space in the other towns!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    I filled mine with cafes and restaurants so they dont take up residential space in the other towns!

Great idea! Did you change all the dead trees with living, pretty ones?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    It can be the graveyard town for me...
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    agustd wrote: »

Great idea! Did you change all the dead trees with living, pretty ones?

I didn't! I kind of like the aesthetics. It gives off a fall vibe even though we don't have actual seasons and weather yet, perfect place for a nice and cozy cafe o:)
  • Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I don't play Vampires much (very rarely and if I do, I create one). Otherwise, I try to ignore them always knocking on my Sims doors after dark...
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I think its rather pretty in its darker way. Its great for a rundown area or an old small town that's got to pot a tad. Could be like one of those old West Virginia towns after the coalmine has closed down and businesses have pulled out. I like the hollow to me it feels damper and is really the only area that my sims actually use a fireplace.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I love Forgotten Hollow. There's so many cool nooks and crannies to explore.
    I took a really nice, homey looking house from Willow Creek, painted it pink, moved in a sweet single mom and her son, and plunked it down in place of Fleidermaus Bend. The contrast between her sweet 50's family sitcom house and all the weirdness around it is all sorts of fun.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I've got plans to turn mine into a sort of private "gated" community for ultra wealthy Sims. The CHEAPEST home will run about §275,500 (estimated value). If you need to ask "how much?", you can't afford it kind of neighborhood - if that makes sense.

Oh, if only I had those gold toilets I custom colored in Sims3...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    You can fill it with victorian houses <3 I love them, they're the peak of our architecture, imo. And in my country they are dirty cheap and devalued, I don't get it. Sure there's a need for renovation, but it's still better than demolish and replace them with souless modern boxes as people do here.

I also tried to do the barber shop/meat pie store from Sweeney Todd :D
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    @TheLibrarySim I did almost the exact same thing on the exact same lot. I built the sweetest house I've ever built with beautiful, lush landscaping, and put a super adorable, incredibly innocent-looking couple there. The contract between the gloomy setting (which I love) is really perfect for the unsuspecting 50s styled family.

Aesthetically, it's such a great little town and I love it. I don't use it or vampires all that often, but it's really just an interesting place to have your sims live in general. The unaware humans surrounded by shady vampires really is just fun.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Someone already mentioned it, but I would probably put a grave yard in it, and if you have city living apply the haunted lot trait on it, fill it with urns of past sims and boom, basically a functioning graveyard. I would also probably build a creepy old library in it, and possibly an old run down mansion just for teens to hang out in when they’re feeling rebellious, filled with graffiti spots, bubble blowers, and whatever else teens may enjoy.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I am a vampire player (well soon, sorta), but I find myself never using more than one or two worlds per game. Despite planning on turning my main Sims in this game I will only go to Forgotten Hollow once, to well... turn them. And there's that really small one... the one with four lots... I won't ever go there. For example.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I put a restaurant in Forgotten Hollow and a bar I bulldozed the other houses except one. The place is to gloomy to live in if you are not playing with the vampires. Not much else you can do I still like the park but to gloomy for the kids to play in.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Fillipomel that is a good idea plenty of room for a Cemetery maybe I should do that.