Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quality over quantity?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    People have very short memories. If you are trying to compare GT with Nightlife in TS2 I'm going to have to lay down and laugh for awhile.
    Nightlife brought ownable cars to the series. Omg, that's worth buying right there you silly Sims. :o Before NL you had to call a cab and wait...., take a bath and wait on a cab, also, There Wasn't a Walk to Lot feature until two years later! So, if you missed work carpool or school bus you could not leave the lot and go on to those places. Geez, short memories indeed.

Also, NL compared to GT is laugable because for the first time Ever, it introduced a chemistry attraction system. This changed why your Sims loved or had a crush on someone...likes and dislikes. Which changed their personality of who they would prefer to hang with. They don't just laugh and talk with anyone anymore (except in TS4, hello) they refuse to talk or listen begrudgingly to another Sim if their attraction is Xed out and they have no interest in that Sim. Give me a break.

It introduced playable vampires and the Count and Countess, what did you get as a character in GT? Nothing.

Omg, it introduced new features that people think were in build mode (build features) since base game..not. It introduced new part time jobs, new aspirations (how many did you get with GT?) new careers, new walk styles, autononously, and many more new interacations. The gameplay is not 'stuff' but what depth it brings to a game's core. I don't know anyone who would uninstall NL in TS2 and say yes, I don't need it. I doubt that. And that isn't even a drop in bucket of all the new features it added to game. GT added a group system already in game only expanded. NL is the father of the 'group system'. :D (Manage groups in phone and they all go together) .......And restaurants...if anyone can't remember what a big deal that was or a DJ or the Karoake machine, then you have bad memories. o:) And real dating, no to do list.

And biggest deal Subhood added you could have as many downtowns as you wanted. Uni was a closed off system for YAs so NL addding subhood feature is a big fat deal. And new world.

1. Yes it introduced vampires but is it any better compared to the Vampires Game Pack?
    2. Expansion should not just add just new game play, but expand what is already there. Get Together expanded the grouping system, resulting for people who play Sims 4 to have the most advanced and sandbox grouping system that is ever created on this franchise. The Clubs add more depth to the games core, this is why many simmers find this expansion pack a game changer.
    3. When it comes to Get Together and Nightlife, They both have different themes and focus. Of course Nightlife is going to have Turn on and Turn offs because one of the focus of the pack is dating, and dating is not in the main focus of Get Together.

I strongly disagree with what you say in #2. The group system does not build up relationships...TS2's group system does. And though you tell all your Sims in TS4 to do something together they may not, and really it works about the same as NL's group system in that regard. Try getting a large group to play chess at one time on any community lot in TS4...some won't be doing that. Nor will they all be dancing at a club, etc. And more importantly they aren't close friends by just hanging in their group, are they? TS2's NL builds relationships where TS4 does not.

ETA: The reason I laughed about comparing NL to GT is because the OP gave stats comparing the two to each other. It's like apples and oranges.

You may disagree because for you its not but for me it is a game changer. For you it did not add depth, for me it is. In my point of view it improved the grouping system by adding a sandbox tool in which the fun is defined by the things that the player do with it. For me that is depth. In terms of building relationships, Yes it does not build up relationship like Sims 2 group system does, but this is what also happening in real life. In the game or RL, if you are in the group you will not form a relationship in every action you do with your group. Relationship with other sim only raises if you interact with them. With the GT grouping system, that is what happen. Remember that the theme of this expansion pack was about social life, and to have a social life you have to build a relationship by interacting/talking with that specific sim, and not by doing actions together.

Why would you not be building relationships in game with every action you do? That to me, seems a really odd choice. Take bowling for example. I have a sim who has a club and one of the activities is bowling. I find it bizarre that bowling is not a social activity. Sims do not interact and build relationships. The best you get is the sims just standing in a line occasionally bobbing their heads. Now how is bowling not considered a social activity? In real life and the previous games it is and people build relationships. But in the sims 4? No. Use it in a club and socially your sims gain nothing.

I think the club system is unrealistic. I appreciate others don't agree and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't use the club system much now because I wasn't getting anything out of it. I could achieve the same thing by inviting sims out in a group outing. The only thing the club system had uses for is if I wanted to put them in say a certain mood for a storyline. But for me I dislike the manipulating sims emotions approach be that with a rule that says sims must act like this or mood changing decor. Some players like being able to make groups of sims feel say energised but I find it too predictable. There's no surprises. Even when I had two "rival groups" that hung out at the park and one of the club rules was for one club to be mean specifically to the other club, did they do it? No. Not once. Again I appreciate that's not everyone's experience. I prefer the less is more approach I guess. I have so much fun with groups in the sims 2 & 3. I can't manipulate every sim in the group with rules but I don't need too. For me groups in those games are social activities and a good way to build up friendships and have fun en masse.