Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please stop making these boring stuff packs and make stuff packs that people actually want

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    KishiNova12KishiNova12 Posts: 100 Member
    I like stuff packs and I was really excited for this one. I can't wait for the eco/laundry one too. I like the stuff the clothing and furniture they come with and will probably continue to buy them. So not everyone thinks the same way you do. I do wish we had more expansions but I also enjoy the stuff packs.

will people stop saying "Not everybody thinks similarly" im not the only one who dislikes the increase in bad stuff packs as its all people outside of this community who play this game. and in the title i say "Stuff packs people actually want"
    How many videos do you think have comments that are complaints about the stuff packs.
    i do understand that some people like the stuff packs but what i am also aware of is that some people don't and are annoyed with them because most don't seem that good or are not good at all.

When i saw that fitness stuff was coming out i thought "This might be a good stuff pack" but later i saw a review about it and it had a very limited amount of good stuff which was litterally only the rock climbing machine maybe its cas was good but nomally when you think about a stuff pack its about more than just the clothes.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    When i see a new sims expansion i usually hope for something exciting but im always met with a very disappointing stuff pack recently a stuff pack came out for toddlers and i was very upset.
    Why does maxis give us stuff packs nobody wants or asks for yet only use ideas from the community when they likely don't have any that the whole team can agree on.
    its getting very annoying there might as well be polls at this point i understand that the stuff packs may be needed and that i should not ask for any old pack like seasons but still if they are going to make stuff packs like this they should at least take our thoughts about the next pack into more consideration.
    if this keeps up the game my go into a hibernation with nobody playing it until years later when a expansion that people actually care to try comes out.

the bowling pack was a waste honestly as it was simply a stuff pack that allowed sims to bowl this could have been saved for a game or Expansion pack that way it would have been much more fitting instead of making bowling a whole pack on its own.
    I also want to talk about the toddlers pack that has recently come out if you read the youtube comments one of the top comments says
    "Am I the only one that thinks this should've been in parenthood?" I agree completely with this if they were going to add this it would have been a must have addition to parenthood why would you instead make it a pack of its own?
    these stuff packs feel like they are just things that maxis threw in to make some quick money reasons being that

1. most stuff packs only have about a few new objects that add new animations and effects.
    2.some aspects of the stuff pack seem to be bugged for example butlers apparently don't work like butlers.
    3. despite the community clearly being upset with most of the stuff packs they continue to make more not addressing the community's disappointment.

You don't speak for all of us. I have been happy with most of the stuff packs, more so now that they have been more focused and not like that kitchen one.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think Fitness and Bowling were both pretty poor Stuff Packs. Not only did nobody ask for Bowling, but it didn't even do bowling well. And Fitness put all its money on the climbing wall, which is really another way to set your Sim on fire. Not that we weren't asking for that, but there were other ways to exercise that hadn't been explored.

Toddlers is a step back in the right direction, although it's not perfect.

No, you're not the only one who thinks the Toddler stuff would have fitted in Parenthood. But EA being money-grubbing jerks to wheedle extra money out of us is not the same as a stuff pack being bad.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    will people stop saying "Not everybody thinks similarly"
    How about not telling me, or anyone else what to think.
    This thread is more flame-bait than actual discussion.
    I am not here to argue.
    I have seen complaints, but also happy comments.
    There is no use in arguing with everyone that thinks differently.
    Have a good day, I'm going back to Ark.
  • Options
    Let me try to disect a few of the trailers and reviews
    Here is the trailer for fitness stuff
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GN_cAZAVes
    Notice how the wall climbing machine is shown multiple times as the main focus of the scene the only other objects that are shown are things that really don't have much of anything to do with fitness.
    are there no special energy drinks at the bars? no. are there any new workout machines besides the wall climbing machine? no. the only expected thing they added was new exercise methods that are on tv.
    like giving them a bicycle they could go place to place with and workout at the same time would have been nice but they spend more time adding retextures.
    Here are a few reviews for fitness stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyVpnOpaLzw
    this one speaks for itself actually just listen to how he feels about the stuff pack.
    besides the cas everything else is....
    it would also be of best interest to look at the comments this is how everyone outside this community

Here is a trailer for bowling stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WkEKKJoUUM\

Now aside from being something most on youtube would believe nobody asked for it does not look all that bad but still it is still just bowling and not even proper bowling.
    last i checked when people bowl the roll the ball 2 times which is why spares are a thing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVIgSRVj_g
    this review also speaks for itself
    the pack was something are large amount of people did not want and it was lacking which is kind of expected for a pack just about bowling.
    Another review
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqkh_opK7Mw
    the reviewer does not really describe how she feels about the game beyond that cas but after she gets out of cas she builds her bowling building and uses the bowling interaction.
    she shows 2 sims bowling together each only take one strike and the skill seems to be quickly gained i doubt sims can bowl competetively with this pack with that being the case why would i buy 10 dollars on this unless i just wanted more cas clothes.

All of these stuff packs mostly only include one game changing feature and there are comments that are complaints about either stuff packs or not having pets,seasons, and toddlers (I actually found toddlers multiple times in the trailer comments.
    but even the the toddlers pack only had good cas what about the ball pit.png?

• Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm somewhere in the middle, actually. I truly love the content of some SPs, but for the remaining ones I wish I hadn't bought them (even though they are cheap, so no big deal). Yes, you're right that some of the content could have been included in existing GPs and EPs, you've got a strong point there. But, whether we like it or not, EA is a gigantic company and profit always go first, even when they say that they care for their customers and so on. I don't deny that they do, but they also do it for the money.

So far, I've experienced a combination of positive and negative feelings for all the Sims 4 packs. Personally, I think the EPs are okay in general terms, the GPs are a nice addition and about 50% of the SPs are fully worth their money. As for those packs that aren't that good for some Simmers, don't forget that you can always wait for a sale or a bundle pack. Happy Simming, friends! :)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I like most of the SPs released so far. My favorites have been Cool Kitchen, Backyard and Kid's Room. I haven't played with the Toddler one so far. The only one I didn't buy full price is Spooky Stuff, too niche, and I'm not that interested by Halloween content.

I'd like them to continue making Stuff Packs that are about day-to-day themes, with assets usable in a large variety of situations.
  • Options
    I try to use something from every pack in my buildings. Fitness certainly helped my Sims look more stylish while working out and a new channel to work out at home is kinda cool. Bowling, however, is the Sims 4 equivalent of Katy Perry Sweet Treats - nobody asked for it, and it's not even much of a looker.

It tempts me to make Katy Perry's House Of Bowling, just to use it in some way.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited August 2017
    When i see a new sims expansion i usually hope for something exciting but im always met with a very disappointing stuff pack recently a stuff pack came out for toddlers and i was very upset.
    Why does maxis give us stuff packs nobody wants or asks for yet only use ideas from the community when they likely don't have any that the whole team can agree on.
    its getting very annoying there might as well be polls at this point i understand that the stuff packs may be needed and that i should not ask for any old pack like seasons but still if they are going to make stuff packs like this they should at least take our thoughts about the next pack into more consideration.
    if this keeps up the game my go into a hibernation with nobody playing it until years later when a expansion that people actually care to try comes out.

the bowling pack was a waste honestly as it was simply a stuff pack that allowed sims to bowl this could have been saved for a game or Expansion pack that way it would have been much more fitting instead of making bowling a whole pack on its own.
    I also want to talk about the toddlers pack that has recently come out if you read the youtube comments one of the top comments says
    "Am I the only one that thinks this should've been in parenthood?" I agree completely with this if they were going to add this it would have been a must have addition to parenthood why would you instead make it a pack of its own?
    these stuff packs feel like they are just things that maxis threw in to make some quick money reasons being that

1. most stuff packs only have about a few new objects that add new animations and effects.
    2.some aspects of the stuff pack seem to be bugged for example butlers apparently don't work like butlers.
    3. despite the community clearly being upset with most of the stuff packs they continue to make more not addressing the community's disappointment.

will people stop saying "Not everybody thinks similarly" im not the only one who dislikes the increase in bad stuff packs as its all people

1- if you don't want people to say "you don't speak for all of us" don't presume to know what everyone wants or has asked for and don't make sweeping statements about the communities likes and dislikes. What you see on line is only a small representation of people that play and purchase the sims. Heck I know 6 other people off the top of my head, that play and never go to any sims sites or watch/sub any sim tubers. And of the visible simmers on line only a fraction of them are unhappy and an even smaller faction are just completely miserable over it. As for them pumping out stuff packs, clearly more people are happy with them than not or it wouldn't be profitable.

2- Yes the bowling stuff pack was just a stuff pack that let people bowl... I'm sorry but do you expect, it was a stuff pack, hello? A pack of stuff that adds one or two extra bits of game play.

There are over laps in nearly all the packs If you really want to get down to it then why not have spooky stuff in with vamps I all stuff packs that are about the home or time together could have been shoved in with parenthood or get together... It's their business model and it's a far better and less costly one than the TS3 store was.

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I'm somewhere in the middle, actually. I truly love the content of some SPs, but for the remaining ones I wish I hadn't bought them (even though they are cheap, so no big deal). Yes, you're right that some of the content could have been included in existing GPs and EPs, you've got a strong point there. But, whether we like it or not, EA is a gigantic company and profit always go first, even when they say that they care for their customers and so on. I don't deny that they do, but they also do it for the money.

So far, I've experienced a combination of positive and negative feelings for all the Sims 4 packs. Personally, I think the EPs are okay in general terms, the GPs are a nice addition and about 50% of the SPs are fully worth their money. As for those packs that aren't that good for some Simmers, don't forget that you can always wait for a sale or a bundle pack. Happy Simming, friends! :)

Exactly so if they want to make more profit they should make sure they are packs that people want which people here say they are trying but if they have polls for the next ep Why don't they tell more people about it?
    The community mostly knows about the polls but anyone that has yet to join or has left the community does not seem to know about it otherwise there would not always be comments saying "Nobody asked for this" or "Couldn't they have done something else with this stuff pack like add it to XXX ep.
    I only learned about it today and figured out that laundry stuff is coming out Alot of people will like this but problem is There are also a really large amount that don't and maybe be to high of an amount of people.
    i am saying that there are an alarming amount of people upset about alot of the packs and the bugs they carry along with the base game even though there are still a really large amount of people who are happy about it.

its always best to try to make both parties happy about about a dlc pack this will make it more profitable.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Okay, confession time. I'm a former pirate. About a year and a half ago, I started buying the game legitimately, one bundle pack at a time. I did this because my pirated game had certain SPs installed, so if I wanted my existing save to have the objects and clothes I was using, I had to buy the SPs.

Until Kid's Room Stuff came along, I never would've bought any of the SPs by choice. They each had maybe one hairstyle, or one outfit I genuinely liked, and the rest were average at best, or in the case of Spooky Stuff, downright cra.ppy. To be honest, I felt that TS4 wasn't even any good until around Dine Out.

But I liked what I saw in Kid's Room, so I bought it, and I still enjoy its content. Backyard, I bought for the CAS. The birdfeeder was a massive disappointment (almost as low-poly as the ballpit), and I greatly regret buying Vintage Glamour. Bowling Night was actually pretty cool, and I still send my Sims bowling from time to time. Skipped Fitness, gonna skip Toddlers too.

I sort of feel that Fitness and Toddlers are a return to the poor-quality SPs, circa 2015. Fitness Stuff was pointless, and Toddler Stuff is a good idea in theory, but if you can't meet toddlers easily, there's no point to a playdate. More importantly, there's no point to the playground equipment itself, as toddlers don't appear on community lots. Why don't toddlers appear in parks, with their caregivers?

When an SP is done well, it's really good, and I don't mind splashing $15 AUD on it. But the bad ones are really bad, and feel like the greedy, rushed cash-grabs I saw over and over again during the TS3 era.

So, ultimately, I'm happy for more SPs. But they have to be worth my money. And the vast majority, well, aren't.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    edited September 2017
    Nothing is ever useless, and there's always people who do want a certain stuff pack. If something isn't for you, it doesn't mean it's cra.p and useless. Contrary to most, I actually enjoy Bowling Night and Fitness stuff. It's hilarious to see kids struggle with such a heavy ball and adults failing miserably and getting angry at it. And the NuDisco radio station is one of my favorites ever!
    Ofcourse certain stuff could've been done better like the infamous ball pit from Toddler stuff, but I love taking my tots everywhere so this pack was brilliant for me.

Saying things like: ''Nobody asks for this'' or ''This stuff pack is boring'' is simply not true. There's always people who really want and like a certain stuff pack.
    People joke about packs like only doors, windows and roofs but to a builder they would be marvelous packs.
    It's not mandatory to buy stuff packs, the game would not be worse or better without a certain stuff pack.
  • Options
    I didn't vote for laundry to win. I can't remember what it was, , but my mantra was "I can do laundry IRL, so why pay for it?"

Of course, now I'm desperately excited, because it doesn't sound like it's going to intrude into my Sims' lives much more than washing dishes.

Does changing my mind on that make me some kind of suck-up? Maybe I've just fallen for the hype.
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    IT's Eco stuff not laundry and that's why I wont be buying it. I see the words Laundry stuff all over the place :(
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Ok, I tell you why Toddler stuff pack is a good Ideal, first, we had toddlers but they could not really be apart of sims lives, we only got them to a certain level and aged them up. but with this stuff pack they get to go out and be part of the sims world, Now they can have and party play date event, and invite other toddlers and their parents., They can have the parties at a park. or a home.something family players wanted to do a long time.
    Lots of builders made parks for them but nothing just for outside play it was just the play things in their room. Now they can go to restaurants and builders can make like Mickie D type play areas, and they will not get taken to daycare. but get to eat with their families.
    So I think it's a Perfect Stuff pack. and has lots more clothes and hair so now toddlers can just be toddlers for as long as you want them to be, just like simmers already do with kids. and I did not see any high chairs but new pillow seats Yay. :)<3 I give this Toddler Stuff pack a thumbs up.

For me, I like the Toddler pack because it gives more options for skill building, especially Movement skill which was extremely lacking. You can only dance so much, and learning Movement while sitting on the floor with a tablet or blocks seems counter productive.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MikeWoolfMikeWoolf Posts: 39 Member
    True, it sometimes seems that EA doesn't listen to the community :/
  • Options
    For all the criticism I give the sims 4 over certain things, I cannot say I've seen any evidence that no one wants the toddlers SP. Since the launch of toddlers people have been crying out for more content for them particularly cas stuff.

I don't think that it is that players do not want a toddlers EP but more so that they should have been included in the base game and thus received more content through each EP, SP onwards ect. As toddlers came late they are still dry of content and in a way, players are still paying for toddlers through any pack that is made just for them

Although because they were added to the pack in a free patch, in a sense they were a base game item -- just a little later than we would have preferred. And most of the GPs and SPs wouldn't have had much use for toddler content anyway -- maybe we could have gotten a toddler pool and some little swimsuits (with baggy bottoms to represent diapers) in Backyard Stuff or a couple of dressy outfits in Luxury Party. You could use the same argument about Kids Room Stuff that we're "still paying for kids" in a pack designed for them, or if we get a Teen Stuff pack which I think would be cool to add decor and clothing more geared to teens (I've been wanting an age filter similar to the gender filter, where certain outfits are geared to certain ages but you can still remove the filter when dressing Sims in CAS).
  • Options
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Still waiting for a pool table, arcade, swings, and a casino.

I could see casinos in a GP -- maybe combined with the much-requested tropical vacation theme. Could even add pool tables in that pack as well. I can go without swings if we could get a Pool Stuff Pack with a pool slide (we've got the slide animation for toddlers, so if they can adapt that to older ages that's a possibility) and water volleyball. I would love to have an actual arcade lot type so my children don't have to go to the bar to play foosball or darts, and make it so that bowling lanes will work on that lot type (attract bowlers) but I don't need a bar; maybe a snack bar (similar in functionality to the food carts in CL) that serves quick foods and non-alcoholic drinks -- maybe you can set the drink menu depending what packs you have, so if you have Backyard Stuff you can add lemonade and iced tea, or if you have GTW you can add soda.
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    I like most of the SPs released so far. My favorites have been Cool Kitchen, Backyard and Kid's Room. I haven't played with the Toddler one so far. The only one I didn't buy full price is Spooky Stuff, too niche, and I'm not that interested by Halloween content.

I'd like them to continue making Stuff Packs that are about day-to-day themes, with assets usable in a large variety of situations.

I picked up Spooky Stuff on a sale, and while I don't use much of the actual Halloween decor I do like the extra recipes (I usually make a Zombie Cake for toddler/kid birthdays) and some of the Build Mode stuff works really well in some of my builds (like the Lub Dub wood flooring which makes a great floor in cabins or older mansions. I wish they had some lighter colors for some of the wall coverings though; many of them feel too dark for everyday use, unless I'm doing a rebuild and want to combine the Spooky Stuff build mode items with some of the Build Mode from Vampires, especially the cracks and the holes from Vampires to go for a really rundown look.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited September 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Ok, I tell you why Toddler stuff pack is a good Ideal, first, we had toddlers but they could not really be apart of sims lives, we only got them to a certain level and aged them up. but with this stuff pack they get to go out and be part of the sims world, Now they can have and party play date event, and invite other toddlers and their parents., They can have the parties at a park. or a home.something family players wanted to do a long time.
    Lots of builders made parks for them but nothing just for outside play it was just the play things in their room. Now they can go to restaurants and builders can make like Mickie D type play areas, and they will not get taken to daycare. but get to eat with their families.
    So I think it's a Perfect Stuff pack. and has lots more clothes and hair so now toddlers can just be toddlers for as long as you want them to be, just like simmers already do with kids. and I did not see any high chairs but new pillow seats Yay. :)<3 I give this Toddler Stuff pack a thumbs up.

For me, I like the Toddler pack because it gives more options for skill building, especially Movement skill which was extremely lacking. You can only dance so much, and learning Movement while sitting on the floor with a tablet or blocks seems counter productive.

That and I love that now I have a reason to have my sims take their toddlers to the park. Before, there was no real reason to take toddlers anywhere, since unless you placed a dolls house or a toy chest, they didn't really have anything to do, and since they had both those items at home as well... Now my kids can play pirates, as the toddlers play in the ball pit, while their parents socialize in the park.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    Back when we had TS2 & TS3 people were asking for Toddler stuff packs. They never got them. Now when we actually get one you are saying that no one asked for it?..

No they weren't, what the heck?? Toddlers have only been a hot-button topic for Sims 4 specifically because of their late release, and the SPs for Sims 2 and Sims 3 were always geared more at broad furniture themes rather than at themes like teens or toddlers.

Are we seriously just rewriting history now to benefit Sims 4...? Why are we working so hard to make this game seem good instead of leaving that to their sales reps?

forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/168857/baby-and-kid-stuff-expansion-pack

forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/46307/a-baby-and-toddler-expansion-pack-wuld-be-cool

forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/252590/there-should-be-a-stuff-pack-about-babies-and-toddlers-who-agrees-with-me
    This one in particular has a reply from a user saying that there were allot of requests for Toddler packs, in fact, you can easily find many of them by just searching these Forums.

Please don't act as if you know every fans' request from the beginning of The Sims to now, people were asking for more content for Toddlers, just because you don't see those requests doesn't automatically mean they never existed. Yeah, Toddlers were a hot topic exclusively for The Sims 4 but people still wanted more to do with them in previous iterations.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hmmm... I <3 the Spooky Pack! I want more costumes, lots of them! Also the wooden walls and floors, the torn sofa and curtains. There are so many things that I love in that pack.

Kitchen stuff is also useful to me. When I have a few npc-townies turn adult together I often make a club go and eat a few servings of "weight of the world ". Ice cream to slim up or getting more cuddly is easy to use with clubs.

I love the wishing well, with the dangerous fun things it can do.

Hmm. I am less interested in the everyday stuff. Perhaps

- Permanent Plantsims
    - Steampunk
    - Crappy broken Starter-stuff for your first little horrible apartment. Later you can laugh about it, but a little suffering first
    - No Tech Stuff Pack. A type writer, only for writing. Or being able to write with pen and paper. Well for water.
    - Archery for my fantasy saves, if I could build a cool wooden bow myself I would be overjoyed
    - Historical clothing packs for those historical saves. Would love that.

Have bought so many everyday packs that my game feels saturated with normal, now I know I want other things. It is ok, not all packs are aimed at me. Just hope we will get a few weird ones because those are the ones that makes me happy. It has been a long time since the Vampire-GP so I'm starting to feel a bit restless. I want something new and exciting for my game.
  • Options
    wdfhiwdfhi Posts: 85 Member
    I agree 100% that the stuff packs are mostly lacking and I honestly don't use any of these items regularly. However, I think your expectations are high considering EA can never actually produce what people want- otherwise we would have seasons and university after several years into the Sims 4 series. I think these stuff packs are a way to make up for the DLC in the Sims 3 you had to buy online and install as CC. These are random items you shouldn't buy unless you actually will use them. But yeah, you're right. These packs are horrible and mostly unusable under ordinary circumstances. I mean honestly, how often have you used the ice cream maker from the kitchen stuff pack? Or had enough room in your yard for the water slide from the kids pack? I think the themes are nice, but it does not come with enough STUFF in the STUFF pack. There's 10-12 stuff packs currently yet I can only recall 5-6 memorable items from all of them combined. If ya gonna make a stuff pack, actually put usable stuff in it. EA is making bank from producing 10 little items that are usually clutter and unusable..
  • Options
    adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    edited September 2017
    ( please delete )
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Well I do agree with one thing OP that these stuff packs are boring.
    I always like gameplay/tool instead of just buy mode and create a sim

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon