Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby and Kid stuff expansion pack

What annoys me about the sims 3 is there's not much interactions for Toddlers or Children in their enviroments. Here are some of my ideas for a potential expansion pack and not a "Stuff" pack.

For Babies and Toddlers

Stroller:

Will satisfy fun,social and enviroment and increase relationship with who pushes stroller

User: Babies and toddlers

Pusher: Teens, Young Adults, Adults and Elders

Actions: Go for a walk, place baby/toddler in stroller

I would like the stroller to be like a standard stroller that you would

Playpen

Target Users: Babies and Toddlers

Can fit up to 2 babies/toddlers at a time.

Satisfies: Comfort, fun, enviroment and if there is more than one baby/toddler, social.

Teen, Young Adult, Adult or Elder may place Baby/Toddler in playpen. Toddlers and babies cannot be placed with one another. Only babies/babies and toddler/toddler may be placed in there.

Actions (T,YA,A,E)

Clean: cleans playpen with sponge
Place: Places infant/toddler in playpen
Remove: Removes infant/toddler in playpen

Actions (B,T)

Play: plays in playpen
Sleep: sleeps in playpen

That's all I can think of now, share your thoughts and ideas too

Comments

• Options
    SIMply_DivineSIMply_Divine Posts: 413 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi suekosa,

First off, welcome to the forums! :-)

I love all the ideas and suggestions you've gave, especially the Stroller!

I always thought baby-walkers would be neat. Or litle go-carts that the kids could drive around in, in the backyard. :D

I'll be back with more suggestions if I have any.
  • Options
    LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Great idea!

How about Childish sims can go on the stroller, no matter how old they are?

And a finger-painting table!
    Actions: Finger-paint (toddler, children, and sims with Childish trait, requires paint in jar), Watch [sim's name here] Finger-paint (ages Teen+), Clean Table with Sponge (Teen+), Put Paint In Jars (Child+, this is required to paint), Buy Special Paint (gives positive moodlet, bought at store), Hang picture on refridgorator (only if you have a fridge), Throw Picture away.
    Moodlets: Used Special Paint - Special paint makes a finger-painting a special painting. Mood +15
    Finger-painted - Nothing like dipping your hands in paint and spreading it all over a piece of paper. Mood +10
    Raises Fun, Enviroment and (if more than one sim painting, or a sim watching toddler/child paint), Social.

I'll be back with more ideas :)
  • Options
    suekosasuekosa Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Lufferkinz wrote:
    Great idea!

Actions: Finger-paint (toddler, children, and sims with Childish trait, requires paint in jar), Watch [sim's name here] Finger-paint (ages Teen+), Clean Table with Sponge (Teen+), Put Paint In Jars (Child+, this is required to paint), Buy Special Paint (gives positive moodlet, bought at store), Hang picture on refridgorator (only if you have a fridge), Throw Picture away.
    Moodlets: Used Special Paint - Special paint makes a finger-painting a special painting. Mood +15
    Finger-painted - Nothing like dipping your hands in paint and spreading it all over a piece of paper. Mood +10
    Raises Fun, Enviroment and (if more than one sim painting, or a sim watching toddler/child paint), Social.

I like the ideas. But an adult with the childish trait would look down right silly even for the sims 3. But I do like the finger paint idea
  • Options
    kiwilemonkiwilemon Posts: 110 New Member
    edited February 2010
    that would be cool :D
    i think it would be sooooooooo cute if the toddlers could like kiss :D
    and the kids, but not like the kissing the other sims do (older sims) like a little peck, i see baby photos with that all the time! :D SOOOOOOOO CUTE! :)
    but like a freetime type thing, not a stuff pack :P
  • Options
    LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited February 2010
    suekosa wrote:
    Lufferkinz wrote:
    Great idea!

I like the ideas. But an adult with the childish trait would look down right silly even for the sims 3. But I do like the finger paint idea

It's the sims, silly! It's supposed to be downright silly/stupid! :lol:
  • Options
    Samanthaemily524Samanthaemily524 Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    I think that you should get a playpen.. it will make it seem more real. Also washers&dryers(by L&G, and u have to wash your clothes! :}} but u could have a option to do laundry or not.. i think that some people wouldnt like that.
    - strollers,so adults dont have to take a cab when their carrying a baby or toddler. More interactions for baby-to-baby. clothes for baby.. the diaper thing is dumb.
    -a seasons expansion pack(like sims too)
    -calendars
    -more neighborhoods
    -restaurants u cant actually see.
    - more realistic places to go( starbucks,TJ MAXX, hollister, verizon, etc.
    - just try and make it as close to real life.. please [;
  • Options
    NapsinapsiNapsinapsi Posts: 433
    edited July 2010
    Great Idea! :mrgreen:
    (I´m from Germnany!) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited July 2010
    How about a baby swing. I've had a couple toddlers with the Loves the Outdoors trait (most babies naturally like to be outside anyway) so that would have been something fun for them.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    mariakapa86mariakapa86 Posts: 143 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I post something like that in another topic, and I didn't know the correct words to tell it hahaha (my english are really bad I know) So, I'm totally agree with strollers and playpens. Oh, and babyslings (is it correct this word?)for our little babies. When mother makes houseworks, or cooking etc. can put the baby in sling. I don't like when she put the baby on the floor
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited July 2010
    I agree, its gross that they put the babies on the floor. An Ep/SP for toddlers, babies and kids would be great. I love the idea of a playpen, the finger painting is so cute. I would adore some strollers, or even double strollers for twins. Also car seats would be a major improvement so we wouldn't to take taxi's everywhere. I think there should also be walkers and a baby swing.
  • Options
    CloreleClorele Posts: 670 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Am I the only one who can't get my kids or toddlers to actually draw on the drawing table, and only play with the blocks? How about drawing? Drawing sounds nice.
  • Options
    mariakapa86mariakapa86 Posts: 143 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Clorele wrote:
    Am I the only one who can't get my kids or toddlers to actually draw on the drawing table, and only play with the blocks? How about drawing? Drawing sounds nice.

I agree, as in TS2, kids and toddlers draw on the drawing table.
  • Options
    NpisvajNpisvaj Posts: 729 Member
    edited July 2010
    I agree! Maybe an expansion pack like this will encourage me to actually play the babies/toddlers instead of cheating to make them age :mrgreen:=P :mrgreen:
  • Options
    x_Kinomi_xx_Kinomi_x Posts: 194 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I love the stroller idea :thumbup:
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2010
    Children need all the stuff thay can get in the sims 3
  • Options
    juicyredjuicyred Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2010
    I would really love it if we could have our child/toddler put up paitings on the fridge to show off...
  • Options
    pink12hipink12hi Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    I just emailed the sims 3 about all this toddler and baby stuff and interation of handing a baby and toddler to another sim and bathing the babies and toddlers! i hope to get a reply too because i agree with everyone with the strollers and prams. I miss all the things i use to have in sims 2!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    IainIain Posts: 35 New Member
    edited July 2010
    dont think it will be an ep if any. sounds way to focused on one topic, stuff pack it will most probably be
  • Options
    ScifiSOSScifiSOS Posts: 240 Member
    edited July 2010
    I don't know if someone said this but if there is a walker item it could help teach toddlers how to walk.
  • Options
    mjluver721mjluver721 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    oh god thank you finally somebody emailed them i think its a wonderful idea i want them to have strollers and car seats and baby store and walkers and better cribs and play pens and i would like the option to leave the baby with the grandma instead of baby sitter i would like teen pregancy more toys and more options to do with the baby and i want it to be really hard to have a baby
  • Options
    Christopher_902Christopher_902 Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    I think there should be more interactions available like being able to tuck toddlers and children in bed and give them a kiss good night like my parents did when I was little. For babies I can't see them being tucked in but you could kiss there forehead etc. I also liked that in sims 2 there were changing tables for babies and toddlers. They need more furniture such as fuzzy animal chairs for the living room, or different types of cribs and beds. What about bunk beds and cribs that just look different than the ones they have. I also think they should have clothing stores like in sims 2 and they should add a toy store for your kids.
    I hope these are good ideas and I love all of the other ones everbody else is posting!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    djy699djy699 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2010
    It would be great if when a parent holds the child while watching TV that the social mood would be satisfied.
    Also it would be nice to have toddler play sets like slides & swings.
    It would be fun if toddlers could play tag with each other or with child brothers or sisters.
    It would be fun if they could play hide & seek.
    I agree that they need new toddler hair styles and clothers.
  • Options
    adripadri5991adripadri5991 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I love all of your ideas. I think there should be blankets and baby matts with the little toys tht hang over then and toddlers and babies could take naps on then or watch tv. Also in sims 2 there are cute toddler beds that are closer to the floor and they can get out of them themselves i love to focus on my nursery's they are my favorite parts of the sims 3.! I also think there should be play houses for toddlers and children like so they can actually go inside of them.!
    I love the stroller idea and car seats would really be nice i hate having my sims take cabs when they have cars.! And possibly teen pregnancy anything to make the game more realistic really. :)
  • Options
    APTWEETYAPTWEETY Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Unfortunately, EA says they will never allow teen pregnancy because it is a family game, but I don't get that because they sure did dancers for the generations ep but no clowns for the kids parties, kidn of a contradiction. It sould be an opton for services to order entertainment which would be age appropriate depending on who the party was for. Adult/teen/child-toddler-baby. Dancers/celebrity(for the teens)/clown. I agree they still left stuff out with generations, no walkers, no see and says, no play pens, we need that stuff too. I miss the toddler beds they could get out of themselves, but it was a headache sometimes when they would wake up in the middle of the night and roam the house crying. But anythingthat adds to their skills is helpful, especially with this new daycare option. Also with the day care, it would be nice if you coudl send your kids to daycare and not just run one. I haven't tried it yet, but I also haven't seen the option to do that with toddlers if you don't have the day care yourself.
  • Options
    Stacky93Stacky93 Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    It all sounds so great. Now we just have to hope that they do it!