Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby and Kid stuff expansion pack

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited September 2011
    As far as teen sex and teen pregnancy goes: Does anyone remember Jack Thompson who was threatening to sue Electronic Arts and was trying to get legislation passed that would make the The Sims 2 game illegal? This was because some people had not only removed the censor blur, but they had also made it possible to have anatomically correct Sims in the game, including the children. So, Jack Thompson accused EA of promoting child 🐸🐸🐸🐸. and threatened to lobby for legislation to ban the game entirely, and also to bring charges against EA. Many outraged Sims fans wrote to their local congresscritters and threatened not to vote for them if they listened to Mr. Thompson. Evenutally the fuss went away.

HOWEVER, this would not be the case if EA allowed teen sex and pregnancy. First of all, you'd have Planned Parenthood demanding that the game include abortions because, after all, the teen mother to be should have a CHOICE, because it's her body dontcha know.

But the loudest would be the parents who don't want their children playing out their fantasies about being a teen mother in the game; maybe it's harmless, but teen pregnancy is a big problem, mostly because let's face it, when it comes to sex and using birth control, most teens lack common sense and have poor decision making skills...and I include the ones who make a pact to get pregnant at the same time because they mistakenly think that the baby will be someone to love them unconditionally and don't realize how much work a baby is in real life, and that the baby depends on them for their very survival.

I can see the big stink this would cause in the press and the bad publicity that would be coming EA's way as they turned this game from T rated to M rated in a heartbeat. This is why I am glad they are sticking to their guns on this. I realize teens want the drama, but it's so not worth having the game yanked from the shelves.

As far as anything else, there's not enough to make an entire expansion pack, but there is nothing that says these interactions and objects can't be included in some of the planned expansion packs.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited September 2011
    now that we have strollers how about twin/triplet strollers and ones that can handle slopes

also baby swings
    carseats so parents dont have to take the taxi or hold the kids in their laps

sippy cups for toddlers(sugesstion by madamelee)
    and toddlers should be able to play in the sand boxes.
    kittie pools

and i know interactions arent included in sps but i think it owuld so cute if toddlers can hold peoples hands while walking down the street or in the park (even good for couples too)
    and give and blow kisses as well
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,781 Member
    edited September 2011
    thanks Christine.

I know people might have a hissy fit about my suggestion that I mention else where.

A life-skill class for teens where for a week they would bring home a sim-baby doll. We wouldn't be able to click on its icon since it wouldn't have one unlike the real sim babies.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    MadameLee wrote:
    thanks Christine.

I know people might have a hissy fit about my suggestion that I mention else where.

A life-skill class for teens where for a week they would bring home a sim-baby doll. We wouldn't be able to click on its icon since it wouldn't have one unlike the real sim babies.

It's really not necessary though, as teens can already take care of any baby living in the house. This is especially handy if they have the nurturing trait. Plenty of kids learn life skill by caring for younger siblings.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    thanks Christine.

It's really not necessary though, as teens can already take care of any baby living in the house. This is especially handy if they have the nurturing trait. Plenty of kids learn life skill by caring for younger siblings.

i love idea i think it;d be a great project for teen sims and maybe it will kill off some of teen preg rants on here.
    and you have good point jarsie but their is a big difference in taking care of your little brother/sister verses taking care of your own child or in this case since it a doll responsibilities
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,781 Member
    edited September 2011
    thanks Christine. What she said. Since its not the same
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    No, you are right, it isn't, but as I commented back to you privately, I feel it skirts the issue of teen pregnancy, and I have a strong feeling that *if* EA were to put this idea into the game, there would be those that would be demanding that it be a real baby, and would not be happy that it was just a doll.

Sometimes, what seems like a good idea in theory, may turn out to be not so good when put into practice.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    No, you are right, it isn't, but as I commented back to you privately, I feel it skirts the issue of teen pregnancy, and I have a strong feeling that *if* EA were to put this idea into the game, there would be those that would be demanding that it be a real baby, and would not be happy that it was just a doll.

Sometimes, what seems like a good idea in theory, may turn out to be not so good when put into practice.

i see your point. i guess it'd kinda be 50/50
    b.c those of us who would understand that this a project and that this in highschool for the most part would be fine

but others who think that teen preg is good and should be included would obviously want the baby to be real as you stated
  • Options
    elvisjinkieelvisjinkie Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Ok, so really you want a stroller and stuff. Get generations or...http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2011/11/baby-stroller-by-ilana.html *RUSSIAN WEBSITE TRANSLATE IT* I can read it fine.
    works perfectly. *Play pen* Released so buy it. Your welcome -Elvis :thumbup:
  • Options
    elvisjinkieelvisjinkie Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I want the Nursery and Rhymes set so bad ,but I can't afford it :(
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ok, so really you want a stroller and stuff. Get generations or...http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2011/11/baby-stroller-by-ilana.html *RUSSIAN WEBSITE TRANSLATE IT* I can read it fine.
    works perfectly. *Play pen* Released so buy it. Your welcome -Elvis :thumbup:

look at the date of this thread miss attitude. This was posted before generations came out so people had no way of knowing if we'd have a stroller or not