Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 SIMtastic Gift Exchange- Let the gifting begin!

cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
71gp50.jpg

Hello! Welcome to the Sims 4 first ever gift exchange! Wooo!

This is an event that I used to participate in during my sims 3 days and thought it be fun to bring it to the sims 4. Basically this is like a secret Santa, I’d give you a name (only you and I should know it) and you shouldn’t tell anyone else your name.

This is for Sims 4 only and is CC free (well should be since CC doesn’t transfer in sims 4)

We will use the pm system to communicate when it concerns questions about your buddy gifts. However, you can post some sneak peeks if you’d like or if you’re having a major issue that you need help finding a solution to you can ask for help on the main thread

Rules:
1. Please don’t sign up if you can’t follow through
2. You can make as many gifts as you want
3. When gifting starts please make a separate thread if you have a lot of photos and post in main thread to let host know when you add a gift (makes it easier to organize the gift section).
4. Everyone should get a gift so please let me know ASAP if anything comes up that may keep you from working on this so arrangements can be made so we can make sure your buddy gets something.
Ex of this would be…you sign up and halfway through a major life event happens (you don’t have to give details just say something important in IRL came up) totally unexpected. So I’ll thank you for the heads up and figure something out so your buddy gets something. (If you have something started but not finished we could also work with that)
5. Have Fun!
Post edited by cmbaker16 on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    20v1cm1.jpg

Signs-up: Friday, Aug 19th-Sept 1st

Signs-ups will close @6pm EST on Sept 1st

Buddy names: Everyone should have a buddy name by Saturday, Sept 2nd @6pm EST, names will be sent via pm

Check-in one: Sunday, Sept 3rd
    This is just to let me know you got your buddy name, if you did not get one please let me know.

Check-in two: Sunday, Sept 10th this is a general check-in just to let me know how you are getting along. If you foresee any issues or complications that might keep you from working on gifts this is when to tell me. General questions can be asked in thread but buddy specific ones should be pm’d to me.

Check-in three: Friday, Sept 29th your gift should be done or just needing a couple of touch-ups or screen shots taken.

Warning: If you miss a check-in and don’t let me know beforehand, or don’t get ahold of me the day after so I know what is going on you may not be allowed to participate in the next exchange if there is another.

Gifting will begin @6pm EST on Friday, Oct 6th to Saturday, Oct 14th
  • Options
    Buddy Letter: This is just to give your buddy a bit of information about yourself and game-play style, it’s like a guide line for your buddy.

Username/Gallery Name:

I have the following Packs:

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods:

Some of my favorite colors are:

I dislike these colors:

I love to use this particular item/object (this is where you could mention any skill items you love to use or ones you’ve not gotten around to use because you’ve no where to put them):

I enjoy this style of build most:

I prefer playing on this size lot (this is where you can mention if you like homes on this size lot but like commercial lots on this size):

I do/don’t want Berry sims (granted sims 4 only has Green, blue, and red but this is where you can mention if you want a sim with red skin or not):

I would/wouldn’t like Aliens or Vampires:

Would you like your sims to have a few skill points? If so, which skills?

Do you like playing with families? Or prefer to play with a single sim or couple and grow the family yourself?

Other(Here describe anything you’d really like that wasn’t covered above):

• Options
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Gifts:

To: Everyone
    Blues Diner

To: Charliimai
    Gift Thread

To: DarkVampKiss
    Gift

To: friendsfan367
    Gift 1
    Gift 2

To: LadyEmillye
    Gift 1

To: reanseih
    Gift Thread

To: withlovejulien
    Gift 1
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Didn't need this page but who knows :D
  • Options
    And That's It :)
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I'll stop by with a letter later :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The new Sims 4 gift exchange sounds great! :) I won't be a part of the exchange but will post on the thread if that is okay with you @cmbaker, and also enjoy looking at the gifts! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Username/Gallery Name: LadyEmillye

I have the following Packs: I don't own Parenthood, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Perfect Patio, Spooky Stuff, Kids Room, and Romantic Garden.

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods: Newcrest for the customization of the 'town'.

Some of my favorite colors are: Purple, red, blue, black, white.

I dislike these colors: Pastels mostly

I love to use this particular item/object (this is where you could mention any skill items you love to use or ones you’ve not gotten around to use because you’ve no where to put them): Any, depends on the build.

I enjoy this style of build most: Rustic, Contemporary, Modern, Gothic, Minimialist, a combo.

I prefer playing on this size lot (this is where you can mention if you like homes on this size lot but like commercial lots on this size): Any Size

I do/don’t want Berry sims (granted sims 4 only has Green, blue, and red but this is where you can mention if you want a sim with red skin or not): I don't mind.

I would/wouldn’t like Aliens or Vampires: I don't mind.

Would you like your sims to have a few skill points? If so, which skills? Depends on the story of the sim.

Do you like playing with families? Or prefer to play with a single sim or couple and grow the family yourself? Doesn't matter.

Other(Here describe anything you’d really like that wasn’t covered above): Just have fun and create whatever you like.
  • Options
    reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    Should I join?! Should I join?! Oh god. I know I’ll be extremely busy next month... but I want to join. Dx
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    The new Sims 4 gift exchange sounds great! :) I won't be a part of the exchange but will post on the thread if that is okay with you @cmbaker, and also enjoy looking at the gifts! :)

@rosemow you are always welcome :)
  • Options
    reanseih wrote: »
    Should I join?! Should I join?! Oh god. I know I’ll be extremely busy next month... but I want to join. Dx

I know how you feel!
  • Options
    @cmbaker16 I think you should clarify what we will be required to make though. I was thinking it was a build but the letter suggests CAS as well.
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    @LadyEmillye woo the first letter! so exciting
  • Options
    reanseih wrote: »
    @cmbaker16 I think you should clarify what we will be required to make though. I was thinking it was a build but the letter suggests CAS as well.

You will make whatever you want for your buddy, it can be a build or a sim from CAS.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you are a part of the Simstastic gift exchange! @LadyEmillye :) Happy creating of the gift for your buddy when you receive their name!
  • Options
    There have been several Gift Exchanges from the Sims 3. I'll find a link to one for you.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    You will make whatever you want for your buddy, it can be a build or a sim from CAS.

Oh it can be either? That’ll work out perfectly then. If I can’t find time I’ll do CAS instead, surely it’s a lot quicker lol. If I really feel like I really can’t make it still I’ll try to notify as soon as possible. This is prolly a stupid decision... but screw it lol.

Username/Gallery Name: reanseih

I have the following Packs: Every pack except Toddler Stuff Pack.

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods: Anywhere but Forgotten Hollow. Rarely in Oasis Springs either.

Some of my favorite colors are: Wood, natural, and WHITE.

I dislike these colors: Neon, orange, too much red, and darker tones. Anything too heavy looking.

I love to use this particular item/object (this is where you could mention any skill items you love to use or ones you’ve not gotten around to use because you’ve no where to put them): Nothing in particular.

I enjoy this style of build most: I play with most styles. If I have to choose, decent sized regular family homes. Stuff you’d see more in the 2000s. No idea what they’ll be called lol. I don’t like haunted houses and I don’t like block home Colonials. Anything else is fine.

I prefer playing on this size lot (this is where you can mention if you like homes on this size lot but like commercial lots on this size): No preference.

I do/don’t want Berry sims (granted sims 4 only has Green, blue, and red but this is where you can mention if you want a sim with red skin or not): No berry please.

I would/wouldn’t like Aliens or Vampires: No preference, so long as it fits.

Would you like your sims to have a few skill points? If so, which skills? No preference.

Do you like playing with families? Or prefer to play with a single sim or couple and grow the family yourself? Both.

Other(Here describe anything you’d really like that wasn’t covered above): Eh... have fun? Surprise me?
    Post edited by reanseih on
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    @reanseih Yes it can be either, and don't worry if you feel it's a bit too much or need a little help we'll work something out ;)
  • Options
    @cmbaker16 yea... I would’ve been a lot more confident had this been October, but alas it is what it is lol. Whole next month is booked up for me. I’ll try my best to be on time.
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    @reanseih Alright and I'll help out anyway I can if you need me :)
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @cmbaker16 Why is it that when your bestie (me <3 ) gets into a serious sim-relationship with *cough* Abigail *cough* you, my amazing friend.. make a fun exchange? However, I am so happy that sims 4 players now have a chance to play in the gift exchange as well. Mind if I lurk and maybe post? <3

@LadyEmillye Nice to see you joining, I remember you from the sims 3 section. How are you?

@rosemow Aww, it's nice to you rose! How are you?

@reanseih Hey! So glad you are joining, don't believe we have met before but it's nice to meet you.

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited September 2017
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    Buddy Letter: This is just to give your buddy a bit of information about yourself and game-play style, it’s like a guide line for your buddy.

Username/Gallery Name: friendsfan367

I have the following Packs: all . a very sneaky friend just hit me over the head with a slide and ball pit

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods:

Some of my favorite colors are: the rainbow

I dislike these colors: i can't think of any.

I love to use this particular item/object (this is where you could mention any skill items you love to use or ones you’ve not gotten around to use because you’ve no where to put them):

I enjoy this style of build most: i don't know because i don't know what styles are in game but my heirs housr is tudor and he has 6 kids, wellnine but thats another story.

I prefer playing on this size lot (this is where you can mention if you like homes on this size lot but like commercial lots on this size): family homes i'm working on my legacy some have 3 kids others have 6

I do/don’t want Berry sims (granted sims 4 only has Green, blue, and red but this is where you can mention if you want a sim with red skin or not):no berry sims. since theres a chance they might be part of my legacy.

I would/wouldn’t like Aliens or Vampires: no on both i kill vampires and for some reason aliens anoy me.

Would you like your sims to have a few skill points? If so, which skills?i'll leve that to whoever gets me.

Do you like playing with families? Or prefer to play with a single sim or couple and grow the family yourself?families or a couple looking for a family

Other(Here describe anything you’d really like that wasn’t covered above):

Post edited by friendsfan367 on