Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims go into public bathrooms and can't get out.

The Public Street bathroom eats your sims? lol.
It happens to kids and adults.
we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you have this issue.
    If there is a talking toilet there, some simmers have found that it has caused this issue.

If they get stuck in the bathroom, try playing as the sim, then shift click an area of the ground and try to teleport the sim there.

Using the M key to travel to another lot can also help
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I am sorry that you have this issue.
    If there is a talking toilet there, some simmers have found that it has caused this issue.

If they get stuck in the bathroom, try playing as the sim, then shift click an area of the ground and try to teleport the sim there.

Using the M key to travel to another lot can also help

Thank you @rosemow :)<3
    I was playing the sim, but one time I was not, I could change to the child that was stuck, and I tried everything. make them go to another area, even travel

Once I was playing a single adult sim. You have to start again and lose your save. this happened like 3 times. the first time it happened was over a month ago. When it happens on my lot I just lifted the public bathroom. and the sim walked out.
    But when I am like in a public place in a town area you can not go to build and lift it. So you have no choice but to restart.
    The public bathrooms are created by EA and they do not really have anything inside. but it works like the market in sims 3. they go in and can go to the bathroom. So they have these bathrooms all over the different cities. They are for outside area, so not inside.
    thank you for your help :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue. If it occurs again, try seeing if rotating to playing a different household for a little while , then back to the first household may help with the issue.
  • Options
    I play my family's mostly randomly, in different cities, this happens in different cities and different lots.with different families. But do not worry I will just make nearby bathrooms on lots for them to go to, or let them go to a cafe or some other place. Just don't use the Public bathrooms that come with the game. they are now buggy but before no problem.
    It's a bug, but I am not reporting it. :o lol
    thank you for all your help :)<3
  • Options
    I am sorry that you have this issue .
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Doing these things may help to prevent it occurring in your game.
  • Options
    :)<3 Thank you, I will do just that, just hope I don't break anything. lol
  • Options
    You're welcome :) Before resetting your sims 4 folder, you could make a backup copy of the sims 4 folder and place it on an external drive or another part of your computer, just in case issues arise.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    The Public Street bathroom eats your sims? lol.
    It happens to kids and adults.

I wanted to know if this is a particular public bathroom? Or do you see this in all of them? Since they are street objects we can't move, and wouldn't have a talking toilet, or did you use a cheat and move it to another place? You might want to report it if it's a particular bathroom and happens often.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've had this happen to me a couple times as well, in two different public restrooms; the one at the back of Oasis Springs park and one in Newcrest. What worked for me was to pause, hit save, then go to manage worlds (hit 'M' as a shortcut). I chose my Sims home lot and it brought up where she was, for instance Oasis Springs Park, and hit that which brought me back to my Sim now standing outside the public restroom.

After the second time it happened I've been avoiding Public restrooms and just send my Sim home or in the case of Oasis Springs park, I'll just have her use the regular restrooms at the front of the park. It seems to be only the 'rabbit hole' public restrooms where my Sim sometimes gets stuck inside.

Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    AmberbbyAmberbby Posts: 29 New Member
    Ok im not the only one then! I'm playing right now and this just happened. I was at the spice festival in the city, had my sim use the public restroom, she didn't come out :( Then all of the things in the que started exiting out. I had the grab a poster in que and go home in que, both got exited out and she never came out of the bathroom. She even got the gross public bathroom moodlet lol. I am going to try the reset sim in the cheat box. Hopefully this helps because this happened to me before and I had to restart the game and ended up losing all my progress :neutral:
  • Options
    Amberbby wrote: »
    Ok im not the only one then! I'm playing right now and this just happened. I was at the spice festival in the city, had my sim use the public restroom, she didn't come out :( Then all of the things in the que started exiting out. I had the grab a poster in que and go home in que, both got exited out and she never came out of the bathroom. She even got the gross public bathroom moodlet lol. I am going to try the reset sim in the cheat box. Hopefully this helps because this happened to me before and I had to restart the game and ended up losing all my progress :neutral:

Hello
    I hope that resetting your sim helps.
    If the issue remains, try pressing the M key and have her travel to another lot.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you have this issue.
    > If there is a talking toilet there, some simmers have found that it has caused this issue.

That is one of the funniest things. Lost to a talking toilet! :)
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you have this issue.
    > If there is a talking toilet there, some simmers have found that it has caused this issue.

That is one of the funniest things. Lost to a talking toilet! :)

Hello
    The talking toilet is causing some issues in games. Sometimes if there is one in a bathroom, it will cause sims to just go into the bath and out again straightaway.
    If you have issues with a bathroom, it can help to test to remove the talking toilet and see if it helps the issue.
  • Options
    glitterberry16glitterberry16 Posts: 28 New Member
    not to revive a dead thread, but after the last update I'm having this issue too. I don't use the parks as often so I'm not sure if those restsooms are effected, but the city festival ones are. public restrooms of death. (I can usually do the travel short cut and take them to a new lot and the the sim's ok) super annoying tho.
  • Options
    not to revive a dead thread, but after the last update I'm having this issue too. I don't use the parks as often so I'm not sure if those restsooms are effected, but the city festival ones are. public restrooms of death. (I can usually do the travel short cut and take them to a new lot and the the sim's ok) super annoying tho.

Hello
    I am sorry that you also have this issue.
    Your feedback that you also have this issue will help the Developers.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I just had this issue now at Spice Festival. First time ever-am updated to last patch.

One of the dads got stuck in the public bog. What I did to fix it was what @Karababy52 did above BUT with a variation. I saved and then hit M. Went to their hometown and clicked their home. Dad in question along with the rest of the household, was of course marked as being at the festival. I could not enter the game through him 'because he was at the festival' the game informed me snootily (gee I had no idea!). Went back to the City and tried to enter the festival. NO GO. Hit the panic button and hide under a blanky!

What I did was to 'travel' everyone to the ajacent lot (a nightclub or a bar or something). That brought me back into world and everyone saluted me with that gangly Simtrademarked stand, including the bathroom loving dad. Then I just walked them back to the festival like nothing happened.

But boy did that give me a fright. Now I can look forward to some embarrassing 'pee in my pants' scenarios at future festivals. Yaaay!!!!! Everybody cheer together now.

Hrmph!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    I just had this issue now at Spice Festival. First time ever-am updated to last patch.

One of the dads got stuck in the public bog. What I did to fix it was what @Karababy52 did above BUT with a variation. I saved and then hit M. Went to their hometown and clicked their home. Dad in question along with the rest of the household, was of course marked as being at the festival. I could not enter the game through him 'because he was at the festival' the game informed me snootily (gee I had no idea!). Went back to the City and tried to enter the festival. NO GO. Hit the panic button and hide under a blanky!

What I did was to 'travel' everyone to the ajacent lot (a nightclub or a bar or something). That brought me back into world and everyone saluted me with that gangly Simtrademarked stand, including the bathroom loving dad. Then I just walked them back to the festival like nothing happened.

But boy did that give me a fright. Now I can look forward to some embarrassing 'pee in my pants' scenarios at future festivals. Yaaay!!!!! Everybody cheer together now.

Hrmph!

Hello
    It is good that you were able to do a workaround when the issue occurred . I hope that it doesn’t occur in your game again. Perhaps next time there is a festival, you could test by saving your game before your sim goes to the bathroom, then after saving send your sim to the bathroom and see if the issue occurs again . If it does, you can then exit the game without saving, and then reload the game.