Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Heckstress17 - Aww Livvy and River are a match made heaven, they looks good together too! I kind of feel bad for Jace though he was just a bit late on admitting his feelings to Livvy. But I am happy that Livvy found such a romantic guy like River. Sims in the city are so wild they will show up unannounced all the time! Did you even get the pop up asking to hang out? River has definitely won me over let's hope he has done the same with Livvy.

@debjameswhite - Blah Fame! Spencer is famous to his kiddos ♥ I love that he spends a great deal of time with his family. I love seeing Savannah in your game with her new little family they look so cute together. Your sims always seem to have the strongest family bonds, I'm so jealous! Oh my gosh little Atticus is so precious with his red hair and blue eyes though. And 27 GRANDCHILDREN WHOA
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Kiwicantdie - Noooooo! Do you think you'll be able to save your computer or is it a total loss? I'm so sad for you :disappointed: I hope you don't lose your family.

@debjameswhite - 27 grandkids and you even added them all to the family tree?! Wow, I am impressed! I don't know why but I was pretty shocked to see Beatrice and Flynn as elders. They look good though. Are you still playing on long lifespan? lol you're funny hoping for pricey presents to sell. I need all the money I can get in my save so we definitely think alike. That Christmas party was pretty epic. That house has worked out perfectly since Spencer's got such a huge extended family. Baby Atticus, what a cute name, and an even cuter toddler! Finally red hair! It's insane to me that it took you three tries to get a redhead. I swear if Livvy's kids all come out with red hair I'm angrily writing EA :lol: It's a shame he doesn't have the correct eye color, but hey maybe 5th time's the charm!? :joy: Once again thank God they have such a big house.

@JordanNicoleJJ - I played around with the custom aging in MCC and wouldn't recommend it. It totally ruined my game when after a mandatory update it defaulted back to the old settings and aged everyone up all at once. I like the idea of aging the toddlers and kids up after completing aspirations, and maxing skills etc. I think that's what I'm gonna do from now on too. I'm so happy with how Livvy aged up. I feel like I kind of hit the genetic lottery with her, and since I feel that way about River too they're perfect for each other. I can understand your heir regret, he's pretty perfect. But I will say that everytime she passes by Reed in game I'm tempted to have her throw herself at him too :lol: I couldn't do that to River though. I just think it's so awesome how well they hit it off. I've never ever had two sims become friends and romantically involved with each other quicker then I have with them. It was seriously effortless. And all the more awesome because River was so socially uninvolved in your game, it's like he was waiting for Livvy. <3 I do feel bad for Jace though. He's my boy, but he had plenty of chances and he and Livvy are still inseparable, just apparently destined to be platonic friends, which is great too. If I would've read this 10 minutes earlier I could've uploaded the whole family for you, but spoiler, Kato and Violet just died in my game :bawling: I did upload Livvy and her brothers, and Jace for you though. They have no CC so please feel free to help them be there best selves :wink: Also omg lol I knew you were gonna be tempted to jump to city life! I know it's your favorite, and I can't lie, I'm super interested to see how you'd rebuild some of the community lots. I'm loving your Strangerville story, and the Riggs family even more, but sometimes you just need a change... sooooo if that's what your heart desires :wink:

@OJenn - Yes! Aren't Livvy and River adorable!? I swear it was effortless, I'm so happy with them. I'm getting pop ups ALL the time of Livvy's friends (AKA Jace and her Dad :lol: ) inviting themselves over to hangout. It was cool at first but now they really need to tone it down lol. Is Savannah getting frequent visitors too?
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    Update

Back in the desert, it's...snowing?! StrangerVille is strange as always (even if it's technically Oasis Springs lol).
    e1.png

Of course Reed had to work on the rocket outside that day. At least we'll have a rocket again soon!
    e2.png

Guess who else works at the lab? Ari and Ben's daughter (I totally didn't forget her name... :grimace: )! Talk about a #throwback @Heckstress17
    e3.png

Back at home, Severine spends most of the day with the kiddos since she works nights. It's actually a pretty good system!
    e4.png

Andromeda is a wild child for sure. But who can stay mad at those big blue eyes?
    e5.png

She's a quick learner too. "Wait, don't tell me! I know this one!"
    e6.png

Of course mama spends time with the boys too. I think Leo plays with the dollhouse more than Andromeda :lol:
    e8.png

And when he's not playing with the dollhouse, he's ruining the floor :grimace: Gotta love toddlers.
    e9.png

Orion is honestly my perfect child. He entertains himself for the most part, and he's always giving me these confident little poses :blush:
    e10.png

Now that it's fall, it seems like there's a holiday every weekend. Spooky Day is up first!
    e13.png

Reed and Severine dug their old astronaut costumes out of the closet. If you don't remember, they met at Reed's Spooky Day party, wearing these very costumes, when they were teenagers. Oh, how times have changed...
    e14.png

The tots dressed up as animals. Orion is the "big brother bear" and Leo is the "wise old owl."
    e15.png

And don't be deceived by her cuteness, because little Andromeda is the wily fox!
    e16.png

Two types of parents... :joy:
    e17.png

Reed and Severine were flirting and laughing together all night. Hunter (and I) couldn't help but smile, knowing all that Reed has been through and seeing how happy he is now.
    e18.png

If this pic doesn't perfectly describe these bros, Idk what does. Orion is totally the big bro who convinces his siblings to do everything he does, and Leo is equal parts curious and suspicious lol. "C'mon bro...just try it..." "But...what IS it? :open_mouth: "
    e19.png

Andromeda is still grandpa's girl! She talked his ear off all night.
    e20.png

...that is, until dad stole him away for a hug. She was NOT happy about that :lol: All in all, it was a great Spooky Day, even if most of the guests hid in the dining room all night. The living room must have been too spoooooky for them :wink:
    e21.png

Since Orion's birthday was just around the corner, I built a child- and toddler-friendly park so he could get out of the house at least once before he aged up :lol:
    e22.png

FREEDOM!
    e23.png

Reed kept a close eye on Andromeda. He's a little protective of her, since she's the baby of the family and his only girl. Oh Reed, just wait til she's a teenager... :lol:
    e24.png

I honestly can't get over how cute she is :love: I don't think they're going to have anymore kids, because I'm pretty positive she's going to be the heir no matter what :heart:
    e25.png

e26.png

e27.png

Andromeda spam aside, it's Orion's birthday! :smiley::lol: Of course Grandma came to see her favorite (shh don't tell the others lol) become a child.
    e28.png

The whole family gathered to celebrate as Chef Severine brought out the cake.
    e29.png

Uncle River looks so unamused :joy: I don't really blame him, since I'm sure he has better things to do in the city, right @Heckstress17 ? :wink:
    e30.png

At least he perked up once Orion aged up. He was pretty popular, anyway--both boys wouldn't leave him alone!
    e31.png

Without further ado, here is child Orion, or as I now call him, "Eyebrows" :lol: He aged up with the Creative trait and Rambunctious Scamp aspiration. So far he seems like a carbon copy of his dad, but maybe he will surprise us. Either way, I want a female heir next gen, so unfortunately he's out of the running :tongue:
    e32.png
  • Options
    Can someone please remind me why I decided on the penthouse in San Myshuno? That thing is massive :sob:
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    One day I will be able to play a consistent save of The Sims, hubby had to operate on my PC again luckily I have gotten into the habit backing up my some files on Google Drive. But I never got around to backing up the save itself :( So I have Savannah and I am going to reboot again Also hubby is getting me a laptop next month so I can use that for work exclusively - he thinks there is something in my work programs and software that are mucking things up.
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    I can't believe it's been months since i've posted here!!! I'm still very much playing this challenge but life has gotten busy since i've returned to work full-time!! :lol: I've been lurking and reading ALL your updates!! Loving the story lines and all the interesting legacies!

It would literally take me forever to comment on each of your post's, but i've decided to comment on some of my favorites :) *this is going back as far as december for some.. yikes!*

@JordanNicoleJJ I absolutely loved your post about the lighthouse kiss! I did not even realise the lighthouse was a thing! *where have I been?!* LOL @ Billie becoming a skeleton too.. never knew that could happen!!! On a side note, how did Billie become a well known archaeologist? :O That sounds like an awesome career! Ahh Reed, what a sucker getting engaged to Philomena... run boy!! Ahhh shame about the wedding.. even the universe is trying to tell Reed that it's not a great idea :lol: I agree with the weddings needing to be more in depth! Even having pre-wedding events like.. going wedding shopping etc. That would make a great GP!

@Heckstress17 I would literally die if I had to pay 8k bills, weekly!!! :lol: good to see Kato getting all the promotions needed though!! I love that the restaurant they went to for Valentines day, doubles as a hotel! How have you made this possible?! :) Those frosted windows are sooo pretty too! LOL at poor Pongo and his cone-head...! Never seen this! But I have not taken full advantage of the pets pack :scream: The greenhouse you built looks amazing!! Great job! You've totally inspired me to get into the flower arranging career with one of my sims, it seems like a lot of fun :) LOL @ all those texts coming through!! I've never seen that! toooo funny! I absolutely love the shot of Pongo on the beach! Very nice!!Glad you are still enjoying my baby skins ;) Livvy is the cutest toddler!

@Kiwicantdie Nate and Salali had the cutest twins! They really do look like clones LOL!! I always get doomed with multiples in my game :') You take some really great pics! I especially love the shot you got of Nate and Salali kissing through the washing machine :) What a pair of cuties the twins turned out to be! I looovee boy/girl twins, they are probably my favorite in the game. I enjoyed reading about your sims trip to the Falls :) stunning pics! LOoooveedd the snow on top of the water!!

@OJenn Luna's house looks amazing! Your talented when it comes to building and decorating a house :) I love the makeover you gave to Dirk too! I always thought of him as a nice sim but his addition into TS4 has been very different lol!

@debjameswhite the Gen 10 house looks amazing!!! Well done!! I'm loving the celebrity life you have got going with your sims! I love that EP :)

Welcome to those whom have joined too! Loved seeing new founding couples pop up :)

I'll post a game update the next time I have some time!! :)
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The Reintroduction of Savannah!
    She is a vegetarian who loves the outdoors and happens to have a good eye for art. Her secret is that she wants to be a vampire.
    d9e23751cf.png

San Myshuno was the perfect spot for her to settle in with all its diverse districts.
    feba812431.png

She chose the Fashion District as her new home.
    e711458efc.png

The landlord seems nice enough and even rented it to her with furniture (which we will likely sale anyway for $$)
    8671491ad7.jpg

Be back later with more, I plan to play all day today!

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @OJenn - :joy: I took one look at that penthouse and was like nope lol I'm saving it for Gen 5. I gotta work my way up to that monster. I'm sure you and Savannah could've tackled it though, but it sounds like your computer problems have just bailed you out. Of course the computer problems are no fun, but maybe your husband's on to something about the files being ruined by your other software. Enjoy playing all day! I look forward to seeing more of Savannah 2.0 :wink:

@JordanNicoleJJ - Yessss I'm so happy for an update! The snow in Strangerville is oddly fitting. I love seeing Reed at work. I haven't done one of the GTW career's in so long. Aw, I remember seeing Ari and Ben's daughter in some of your other updates. She looks so much like Violet, it's always fun to see her pop up. Man I gotta say I don't envy Sev staying home all day with 3 toddlers :lol: Though it looks like she and Reed have a system that works for them. The Halloween party brought back so much nostalgia! I remember their high school party and deciding then and there that Severine was the one. Look at them now :heart: The babies all looked so cute in their little animal costumes. Good for you building and taking the kids to the park. Orion looked especially happy to be out of the house. omg River's face totally screams "I have better things to do" :joy: Relax Riv you'll be back in the city with Livvy soon enough. Orion looks just like Reed. I'm kinda surprised, his face seemed rounder as a toddler. Toddler's can be so deceptive. Now to see Leo and especially Andromeda!

@Tellex - It's so good to see you pop in! The restaurant with the "hotel" room is on the gallery, it's called Goth Gardens by silrose (I think lol). I loved reading your comments about Kato and Violet, I had a lot of fun playing with them and really miss Pongo, he was such a good pup. omg and I still think Livvy was the cutest toddler ever. I love to hear everyone else thinks so too and I'm not just bias lol. I'd LOVE to see an update from you. I don't even need a recap, I'd just be happy to see where you're at in game. I know it's hard to keep up with everything when you get busy. :smile:

Biiiiig Update, because why not?

Winter is coming! :lol: Jk it's already here.
    1wvQj0q.png

The snow doesn't look quite as magical in the city as it did in her hometown of Brindleton Bay, but Livvy doesn't let that stop her from making a snowman outside her building.
    dYlXX0S.png

And where there's Livvy, nowadays there's River. Who is always (literally) sweeping her off her feet :heart:
    xgYpb8r.png

Up until now they were only dating casually, but enough time had passed Livvy was ready to make it official. She invited River to a fancy restaurant out of town to ask him to be her boyfriend.
    2h0TXnS.png

And along with his new title of boyfriend came the key to her apartment :wink:
    e2xo68x.png

Unfortunately tragedy struck before River ever got to use his new key. :cry:
    lEwLdhY.png

Her Dad came over and was understandably devastated. Jace also came over right away and was there for the both of them. He seemed to be coping with the loss of his mother figure by drinking... lol
    5ePhgch.png

Then she got a shock when as soon as her Dad left the apartment she got the notification he was gone too! He must've been overcome with his grief, he was way too active to die so young.
    t5kkDJQ.png

Livvy ran across the hall to River's apartment. He was the only one she really wanted to see.
    tdFtTq9.png

She was hoping for some comfort, a hug, a distraction, anything, but River was in one of his sad spells and had nothing to offer. Livvy was pretty disappointed in him.
    TFya90Q.png

Not wanting to be alone she asked him to stay the night but he just ended up crying over her keyboard all night long...
    Qc8bGB1.png

Eventually he came to bed, and Livvy guessed it was better than nothing.
    WZJicz2.png

A day or so later Livvy's disappointment in River was clear. Jace came over to check on her and she rolled this whim...
    6wYf5XK.png

Thankfully Jace was level headed and turned her down. He reminded her that River was who she really loved and assured her she only felt this way because she was seeking comfort. Of course she knew he was right.
    IPgPcSi.png

He then took her down to the festival outside where they built a snowman together and got her smiling again for the first time in days. BFF to the rescue!
    DrC7hMr.png

A few days later Livvy met up with River at their favorite nightclub, Llama Inferno. He was once again sad and Livvy was really worried about him.
    MQkAGZk.png

She learned that this time he had good reason to be upset, both of his parents had just passed away too. Livvy felt horrible and tried her best to be there for him.
    ufmSgZj.png

Whether he was just trying to distract himself, or Livvy truly helped, River seemed glad she was there.
    eY6Ni2u.png

Christmas came, at the worst time, while River and Livvy were still mourning. Instead of traveling home to an empty house, or to see her brothers, Livvy used her rent money to book a cabin for the night and invited River up to Granite Falls to spend the holiday. ( @JordanNicoleJJ remember this cabin? :wink: )
    8cd2qmP.png

They had brunch at The Lodge and enjoyed each others company.
    UVKThSV.png

Then tried ice skating, which they were both pretty good at.
    e2XwSiK.png

Especially Livvy. I guess those years as a child trying to skate actually paid off!
    WkVSWSD.png

Back at the cabin things steamed up in the hot tub :wink:
    LvJaGB5.png

Like really steamed up...
    vkXW0DA.png

They finally "did the do" :lol:
    ZGxe4ag.png

And then made it home in time for New Years to see the ball drop on TV.
    WkCFuWs.png

While away on her 2 day vacation Jace apparently tied the knot lol
    21BcDui.png

Livvy wasted no time meeting his new wife, Alyssa. She's so charismatic that everyone instantly becomes friends with her. Hence the hug.
    AswyoFC.png

Though the friendliness was short lived. Alyssa didn't seem to like seeing how close her husband was with Livvy.
    x6rFrYU.png

That's when Livvy learned she was jealous. Well you picked the wrong guy honey :lol: She and Jace have been inseparable since childhood so you better get use to it!
    jYX1ljR.png

She also visited her brother and sister in-law at their new house in Windenburg. Marjorie had just given birth to twin boys and Livvy was excited to meet her nephews.
    RK77Sny.png

She held them both, but ya know, they look the same no need for two pics lol Also judging by the room they were expecting a girl :lol:
    j8gLDkK.png

When she left there was a full blown blizzard outside and she was not happy lol!
    lHh2f7b.png

After what seemed like the longest winter ever, spring finally sprung, and River popped the question!
    1cDNenf.png

They celebrated their engagement with a little public woohoo :wink:
    cl521Vk.png

And of course the congrats messages came rolling in :smile:
    eeqa3P0.png
    pJYYFe6.png

River then moved in and made himself extremely useful fixing up the things up around the apartment the ghost had broken.
    LZSy5ry.png

The haunting's are harmless. Livvy isn't bothered by them anymore. (The apartment got a makeover, but I haven't taken proper pics yet).
    HFheNOb.png

They've eliminated the need for a maid :lol: They're always cleaning. Too bad ghost are prone to breaking things.
    BBR3VmD.png

Time flies, and before I knew it Livvy was becoming an adult. Unfortunately River had to work, but her brothers, Jace and is wife were there.
    jFBjCaA.png
    ziwDJna.png

I love my default skin, but when sims become adults they get very pronounced wrinkles around their mouths that really age them. I debated whether to change it but ultimately decided it's a part of life and kept it.
    XXZHJoN.png

Anyway, when she got home later that night River had something to ask her. Did she really want a big formal wedding, or could they do something low key?
    AHMww5n.png

She answered him by eloping right there on the spot! Livvy Riggs has such a nice ring to it :wink:
    oDYafKZ.png

In the days after eloping River and Livvy enjoyed their new life together as a married couple, but Livvy was disappointed to realize that after becoming an adult she'd put some extra weight on. So she headed to the gym to get in better shape. She met up with one of her friends, Elise ( @debjameswhite ) to tackle the climbing wall with her.
    jCiSoUT.png

Livvy was pretty great at it, which makes me wonder if the climbing skill and the skating skill are somehow related...
    G3aipUE.png

Also I was totally right about the view from up here. Totally breahtaking! :heart:
    KTbZsB8.png

GIX0Txl.png

Gotta love those city lights :love:
    9oPlIRk.png

Livvy then joined her new hubby in the Spice District for a game of basketball. She pretty much schooled him, growing up the daughter of a star athlete Livvy knew a thing or two about the game :wink:
    dvhHmQE.png

She also beat him in the spice challenge and was the 1st place winner!
    Gm5V1in.png

Then later that night at their favorite nightclub Livvy got the news she was pregnant and Immediately told River. Seriously she didn't even wait for the confetti to stop falling :joy:
    4edegxi.png

Yay! :smiley:
    obVURW4.png

Okay that's it for this epic pic spam. I don't know if I've ever posted this many pics at once, but I hope it wasn't too much. I'm relived to have you guys all up to date with where I'm at in game. Well mostly. Anyway happy simming! I need updates btw :wink:
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 - OMG! This update was such a rollercoaster ride for Livvy and River. I still can't believe they both lost their parents so close together but at least they had each other to get through it. It totally makes sense that they didn't have a huge wedding given that those closest to them were dead and gone. But they have so much joy ahead of them with the nooboo(s) coming, are you hoping for a single birth?
  • Options
    @Tellex Hey!! I can't wait for an update on your game! Hope all is well with you & your little one!

@OJenn Sorry to here about your laptop :frowning: At least you have a good excuse to put off the penthouse :wink: Can't wait to see Savannah 2.0's life--here's to hoping Vlad finds her again!

@Heckstress17 StrangerVille reminds me of Arizona or Utah, and technically they get snow, so I'm hoping for a white Christmas in my game :smiley: Orion is Reed 2.0 for sure. I think Leo and Andromeda will be better mixes...I'm going to try to play this weekend and get at least one more aged up :sweat_smile: Oh my god...I just realized..."Riv and Liv" :joy: We couldn't have made a better couple if we tried. Snow is San Myshuno is :love: I can't believe how romantic River is in your game...I think he really was waiting for Livvy <3 He is one lucky man, that's for sure. Oh no...poor Livvy :frowning: And of course River would be in a mood... Oh my god, for about 2 seconds I thought she was going to leave him for Jace! Thank god he didn't take advantage. He's honestly the best friend a girl could ask for. And poor Reed!! No wonder he was so sad. My poor babies :bawling: They definitely needed a vacation. The cabin looks so good in your game!! Were you about to choose the decorations, or did the game choose? I really like the icicle lights. Awww I need to get my sims out skating more, Livvy's little pirouette was adorable! AHH MY BABY DID THE DO HE'S ALL GROWN UP NOW :blush: He looks so awkward and innocent in those pics :lol: Holy plum, Jace got married?! The wife's angry face though :joy: Yeah, good luck with that, lady. Liv had him first! EEEE congrats to the happy couple!! Honestly, eloping seems 100% appropriate for them, especially since they already lost their parents. I feel like River's just a small town boy and Livvy's showing him the world--rock climbing, basketball, spice festival...he'll catch up eventually :lol: As if this update wasn't exciting enough, there's a baby on the way?!? YES!! I can't wait for more!!
  • Options
    @OJenn I'm happy Spencer chooses family over fame too :) He loves his kids. Aww oh no! I'm sorry about your game! How annoying. I'm glad you still have Savannah though. She's sooo pretty. I can't wait to see how the new story goes.

@JordanNicoleJJ I love seeing Severine sitting her toddlers all around her. Andromeda is adorable. They all are though. I love the throw back spooky party! It's so cute and I love that you remember to have them! I have never had one and everytime I see you having one I want to! The kids are all adorable in their little animal costumes. Orion aged up so cute. I loved River's looks. Yeah he's got business in the city to get back to!

@Tellex Woot! So happy to see you <3

@Heckstress17 I really thought I wanted to see Livvy with Jace but ever since River entered the picture I have been so happy! I'm glad he's sweeping her off her feet! She looks so sweet and vulnerable offering him a key to her apartment (heart). Oh man how sad about Violet and Kato! I can't believe he died too! Oh River...he's just really in his feelings I guess. Jace really did turn out to be a good friend knowing that Livvy was just falling back to what was comfortable in her sad time. I was super happy to see how well their time in the woods went and even happy to see Jace is happily? married. Hopefully she can learn to accept their friendship without being jealous. I bet she was super happy to be an aunt. Sometimes I love when they elope. It seems appropriate when they had lost both their parents already. Oh Elise! Hooray! I love her. She did not get enough love in any of my games being the sister of Cameron. I'm glad to see her getting some love in your game! Wow the views of the city from there really is great! I'm glad you fixed the walls and left them there! I can't wait to see the nooboo! I hope the little one doesn't have red hair for you!!

Oh also I think you've asked me a couple of times if I play on long and I don't. I changed the days in MC Command Center. I think it still equals to normal though. I'm going to check after I finish writing comments. Oh <sad face> that's apparently now. I will report back later!
  • Options
    @OJenn - I'm always hoping for a single birth :lol:

@JordanNicoleJJ - Riv and Liv :dizzy: They couldn't be more perfect for each other if they tried, and seriously River is sooooo smooth. He's constantly flirting, kissing, complimenting Livvy. It's crazy how he came alive in my game, he was definitely waiting for her. omg I had a mini panic attack when Liv wanted to flirt with Jace. I always say how I want my sims to be spontaneous and unpredictable, so I was like I can't be a hypocrite now just because I love River. Thankfully Jace wasn't into it, I really love him lol The game chose the cabin decoration. I wanted to place a Christmas tree on the lot but since they were on vacation I couldn't get into buy mode. I like the icicle lights too, before then I'd never seen them. I wanna send them back to Granite Falls. Livvy was so broke she could only afford 2 days lol so they didn't do much. Now that River's moved in he brought a crisp 20k so there's some money to play around with :wink: I've always thought of Livvy as the outgoing, adventurous, people person, and River as the shy, more reserved, in touch with his feelings type. I think it's why they're so perfect together, opposites attract :smile: Man I'm really hoping you get some time to play. I'm dying to see Leo and Andromeda as kids. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a white Christmas in Strangerville too.

@debjameswhite - Hey! Were you able to get your sinus issue checked out? I hope you're feeling better! I really wanted Jace and Livvy together, but then they didn't click romantically after I had waited so long. Then River came into Livvy's life and romanced her the first night they met! I knew then they were perfect together, and Jace is totally fine being BFF. He does seem to be happily married. He and his wife have 2 little girls you'll see next update. I always loved Elise, and though I love Cameron too, I was always a little bummed she got overshadowed. I was glad when she and Livvy became friends. :) I had done a custom lifespan in MCC too but it got ruined when my game updated and messed everything up. Have you been able to find a way that doesn't happen? Normal is too short, and long is too long, so I'm constantly switching back and forth :confused: Also, thanks for the well wishes about not getting another red head! :lol: You know me well.
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 I keep meaning to say I like your new signature. I need to do mine too but I'm not sure what to do. Do I want another string of the heirs and their spouses? I've done that every single time and I'm not sure yet.

My sinus is killing me still. Sometimes it fine and sometimes I'm ready to pull all my teeth and put an ice pick through my face. So far I've managed to keep myself from doing that. I'm on an antibiotic but it has not helped so far. My CT scan is scheduled for May 8th. That makes me want to cry because May 9th I leave for NY to see my son graduate. May 7th my baby turns 21...I really can't believe my youngest child will be 21 so soon! Anyways I'm hoping they'll figure out what is causing this soon and that I can get it taken care of. Too much pain!!

However I have managed to play and do another update so there is that.

Oh and time span. My game is set to normal, but here is how I've changed it for this challenge. It's tweaked from a few things I didn't like in the last one.

DkJ96.PNG

And finally....
    CY3KV.jpg
    Chapter 11: Nooboo Number 5

Spencer keeps taking rolls that end with his death. His fans are heart broken, but…
    DkIIY.png

His fame continues to soar despite his aloofness.
    DkIJQ.PNG

Little Atticus is learning his numbers with mum.
    DkIKY.png

However before we knew it he was a big brother too! To another little boy. Sean. Wow, I think it’s a record…5 births no multiples!!
    DkIM0.png

Spencer has managed to make friends with a proper celebrity and it’s getting him attention.
    DkINQ.png

Remember when you wouldn’t give him the time of day Amelia Wolfe? Oh well!
    DkIOB.png

It was finally time for Sean to age up and I could not believe my luck! Now I’m secretly wishing I had named him Atticus…I just love that name! hehe
    DkIP9.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @debjameswhite - Thanks! I really wish I was talented enough to make a signature like yours. I love seeing all the heir's and their spouses. I'd love to see you do that again, unless you've got something else in mind? I'm really sorry to hear you're still not doing well. I swear antibiotics never help with pain. I know their purpose isn't as a pain killer, but you'd think if it were doing it's job it'd at least help. Oh wow, you've got a lot of big events coming up. This sinus issue has terrible timing. Aw, your baby's turning 21?? That's such a big birthday for you both. It's crazy for me to think in just 10 years my baby girl will be 21 too. I'd like to put my life on long lifespan please! :lol: Speaking of lifespans I like how you've got yours set up. Maybe I'll be brave and try trusting MCC again too.

I see Spencer has capitalized on his many different deaths lol 6.5k ain't bad :wink: I was just going to say how I thought the multiple chance must've been adjusted in an update. I haven't had a multiple birth in my game in forever, and neither have you (Not counting Flynn's unplayed kids). In fact the last multiples I can remember anyone having is @Kiwicantdie with Clover and Jared. I'm happy little Sean is by himself, it would've been a challenge to have twins with how many kids Alissa and Spencer already have. And you lucked out with him too! I really didn't think you'd get your baby with the right hair and eye color, but here he is! :smile:

Another Update :)

With Livvy and River both working her pregnancy seemed to fly by, before they knew it she was in her 3rd trimester.
    jL3uW56.png

When the time came they decided to have the baby at the hospital to be safe. River's nerves were a mess and he basically cussed the Doctor out for arriving at the same time they did :lol:
    ahrkzWV.png

Thankfully everything went smoothly, and they brought home a healthy baby girl. For obvious reasons my name theme this generation is cities, introducing Brooklyn Riggs!
    e1aAV34.png

River was quite the proud Papa. Baby Brooklyn refused to stop screaming and let me get a decent pic lol
    B6DJl73.png

The baby stage was short lived and Brooklyn aged up to a precious toddler :smiley: I was pretty shocked to see she wasn't a red head. I really thought her Mom's hair color was gonna dominate, but River's brown hair won out. She looks just like her Dad :heart:
    MAAFIKc.png

With her angelic trait she's quickly stolen her parent's hearts.
    4UuE0J3.png

Livvy is Childish at heart and loves playing as much as Brooklyn does.
    3nLRsyn.png

Clearly River and Livvy's lives now revolve around their daughter, but they did manage to sneak away on Valentine's day for a date. :heart: (I wanted them to stay in the city and visit my new restaurant but it's constantly raining... :smirk: )
    vz7N0uJ.png

River's still on family leave and decided he wanted to hit the gym after putting on a little sympathy weight. There was a trainer there and he fast tracked his fitness skill from a 3ish to a 6.
    i67E6wq.png

Livvy came along with Brooklyn, and had planned to do the rock climbing wall with her friend, but Brooklyn needed her Mommy.
    8n2eww5.png

So she and Brooklyn kept entertained with flash cards while waiting for Daddy to finish.
    2UtBaS5.png

Summer arrived and the sun finally came back out! Livvy and River took Brooklyn out to the "spashpad" that had just opened by their building for a family day.
    TU2js42.png

Jace and his family came along too :smile:
    SXhcRPy.png

Brooklyn has Mommy's social skills and quickly became friends with Uncle Jace's little girl, Lexi.
    hIuhG7M.png

Soooo cute!
    SfAuE9U.png

Livvy's PTO ended leaving River alone with Brooklyn for the first time. She doesn't need to worry though, he's a pro at this whole Dad thing :wink:
    fMhTpaY.png
    03p6jyV.png
    g7FOiNw.png

I was hoping the random drop ins would stop now that there's a toddler in the house, but these two are still showing up uninvited, and at the worst times. Livvy and River were just about to, you know lol well you see.
    zy122p4.png

And Jace comes over and plays guitar in their bedroom at all hours of the night... "I call this one, 'you shouldn't have given me a key'"

IA0fA34.png

Anyway, Livvy got a bit of revenge on her brother when she saw him setting up his own flea market table.
    W1RcT1m.png

She used her charisma to swindle him out of like 10k :lol: Yeah she's totally gonna pay you back :wink:
    dps0Dnt.png

Also, omg you see some weird things living in the city...
    PWxIX3I.png

To be honest we probably should've called the cops :joy:
    UdaawLe.png

Okay, that's it for now lol! I'm working on Brooklyn's skills so hopefully she'll be a child in my next update. I'm just rolling right along on normal lifespan.
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 After reading your update I decided to do one too! Also I will keep with the heirs and spouses motif for my signature :)

How funny is River being angry at the doctor for his timeliness! I loved that. Brooklyn is so cute and I love her name. What an adorable toddler with big brown eyes! I think it's funny you did what I did with Sean's pajamas. I used a different version of that shirt and the same bottoms in a different color. I love seeing the city through the window, and I'm loving how you decorated but then I always do. I loved the picture from their date and then at the gym. I love that Mommy and Brooklyn were just there while Dad did his thing. I love your little splashy thing! That's so cute! And how lucky their little girl is the same age as Brooklyn! I kept wishing that would happen with Spencer and his same mother kids but it was always just a bit off. I'm not sure how much I would like those random drop ins though. I guess it is because they have keys? When you're not in the city, the people you give keys too hardly ever drop in. That girl running down the street in fear...what the heck is that??? hehe

Oh and just as a side note, Spencer was one of triplets but so far that's the only multiple birth in my direct house.
    CY3KV.jpg
    Chapter 12: Who needs fame?

As I’ve said, family life is way more important to Spencer than fame.
    Dl7W1.png

It’s the same for Ailssa though fame is not something she thinks about at all.
    Dl7Xu.png

When Spencer got promoted at work, his family is who he wanted to celebrate with. Unfortunately his Dad and Savannah could not make it.
    Dl808.png

The next day he was back at it, and I have to say he looks pretty smoking as a cop!
    Dl83e.png

His costar is reaching the end of her career, but she’s still pulling it off.
    Dl83W.png

He took down the super villain.
    Dl855.png

Scolded him about his life choices.
    Dl85Q.png

And gave his co-star and the fans something special to remember him by.
    Dl86F.png

This is just a picture too cute to not include.
    Dl87C.png

On Love Day, Flynn and Beatrice came over to spend the day with their family. He still looks good.
    Dl87X.png

They flirt just like young kids!
    Dl88T.png

This was bittersweet.
    Dl89B.png

That very same day, later in the night they received the call that Flynn had passed away. The next time Spencer saw his mother it was to comfort her.
    Dl8aG.png

He went up to the bluffs with Ailssa later to think about life and she comforted him.
    Dl8bm.png

Then something strange happened. The next day this suddenly flashed across the screen.
    Dl8bS.PNG

Ailssa was innocently cleaning dishes!
    Dl8cM.png

I didn’t even know who this woman was but she did happen to be walking down the street. How did this happen?
    Dl8dQ.png

Then out of the blue Savannah called Ailssa. Ailssa for sure wasn’t going to be the reason there was a rift in the family!
    Dl8eg.PNG

It started off pleasant enough.
    Dl8fz.png

Then suddenly Savannah was yelling at Ailssa.
    Dl8gp.png

Then Ailssa gave it right back to her! This has nothing to do with Spencer though I wonder if has something to do with Phoenix. Ailssa didn’t have any pink with him though so I don’t know. I do think by the end of night their relationship was a little less “red”.
    Dl8gT.png

Spencer finally remembered to go to an awards show but it was not in the cards for him.
    Dl8iq.png

It didn’t bother him, the important stuff was at home.
    Dl8jN.png
  • Options
    @debjameswhite - Welcome to the family baby Sean! He aged into exactly what you wanted ♥ And shhh Deb don't jinx the single births :lol: I've always loved your signature with all the heirs and spouses so glad to see you plan to keep it. Wow Spencer's work looks are just wow. And I was wondering when Flynn would go, he had a good life though. So much for Alissa and Savannah making amends for whatever issues they had.

@Heckstress17 - I swear River wins me over each update, Jace who? Oh my gosh is in typical dad mode with his emotions all over the place. At least the doctor took it in stride haha. Oh my god Brooklyn looks like a little angel and a daddy's girl in the making. Aww Brooklyn and Lexi are gonna be besties and keep the tradition going.
  • Options
    So Savannah really spent some time jazzing up the new place, she focused on the living room and kitchen. Before...
    ad45bf6832.jpg

And after...
    93ea4d2dd9.jpg

1aa90c4307.jpg

c91b28780d.jpg

Fun fact about the plant bits on the wall is that they do this...
    6f7347e0e8.gif

Savannah is really liking her new place after all the changes.
    ecb6ec85b7.jpg

99bb3f76eb.jpg

She picked up a job as an artist in order to pay the bills.
    c32aa215f9.jpg

bf264f0d35.jpg

Soon the welcome wagon arrived and Savannah made some new friends: Akira, Penny and Miko!
    78a1886ee8.jpg

Turns out Penny is her neighbor across the hall and working her way up in the Fashion Industry.
    087b7239d9.jpg

After getting settled in Savannah set out to get what she wanted...a vampire bite.
    57cbca68e7.png

She did her research and learned that there was one Master Vampire in all of Simland, Valdislaus Straud.
    939ac114c3.png

He was a very welcoming host and delighted to have a guest of the non-vampire variety.
    ccefa8f6cf.png

9b7c730fae.jpg

The pair chatted for what seemed like hours about everything and nothing.
    867814c282.jpg

dea752b415.jpg

Eventually, she passed out at Vlad's place.
    28a3eae485.jpg

She doesn't remember much about that night but she somehow woke up in her own place the next day.
    d4062e8a9c.png

And a very charming Vlad at her door that night....
    cfbf16cb48.png
  • Options
    @OJenn OMG OMG! I love that you turned him into a handsome charming omg...I don't know if I'm happy or not over it but I love it! I love this so much.

Ok...start over...Back to the beginning! I love how you redid her apartment. It looks so amazing. So cute. Just like the girl who lives there. Everyone in the welcome wagon seemed like someone she could actually be friends with and I loved that too. I have read your update 3 times because I can't stop. So good <3<3
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @Debjameswhite - Aww Deb you're too sweet! I am glad you like the work Savannah has put into the place and yeah I really loved the sims from the city coming to hang out. I think it was @Heckstress17 who asked if she got a lot of visitors when she lived in the Penthouse and she never saw anyone she wasn't already friends with. And good ole Vlad...I just couldn't resist the urge to give him a makeover I've been working on all the sims around too. :)

Also love seeing your new signature ♥♥
  • Options
    For those of you following the saga of my sinus, it turns out I have a really bad sinus infection which we knew. It also turns out the reason it hasn't been getting better...maybe...is because I also had an abscessed tooth. I had a very expensive root canal today that was torture. Now I'll sit quietly with my sims :)
  • Options
    For those of you following the saga of my sinus, it turns out I have a really bad sinus infection which we knew. It also turns out the reason it hasn't been getting better...maybe...is because I also had an abscessed tooth. I had a very expensive root canal today that was torture. Now I'll sit quietly with my sims :)

Oh no!!! I really hope it helps you get on the road to recovery. I have never had a root canal but I hear it's not fun at all :(
  • Options
    I haven't had a chance to play like I thought I would :( Maybe tomorrow

@OJenn - Loved this update! You did a great job renovating the apartment. I've always loved your style :heart: Using that alien plant as a decoration is so creative. It looks awesome. Your townie makeovers are great too, especially Penny. It seems like Savannah is settling right in and making friends fast. omg I can't lie when I first saw Vlad I thought he was Jace :lol: it's the hair lol. Vlad looks a 1000x's better with his makeover. He's the kind of vampire a girl could take home :wink:

@debjameswhite - Root canal's are the worst! I've had 4 and at $1600 each it's a more than just a physical pain :grimace: Now that it's taken care of I'm sure you're gonna be feeling much better, and just in time for your sons graduation and daughters birthday. :) Feel better! Motrin is your friend lol!

Anyway, hooray for an update! I really love seeing how the fame hasn't effected Spencer, and it seems like the paparazzi aren't hounding him too badly? I definitely approve of his cop uniform :wink: That seems like it was one interesting movie :lol: Action, aliens, romance lol! Can't lie, if I were Alissa I'd be bit jealous of my hubby kissing his costars. I love the picture of Atticus and Sean climbing the stairs, so cute! I'm glad you were able to capture those moments with Flynn and Beatrice before he passed away. He was your founder who broke the mold and I loved him :heart: RIP Flynn. Alissa and Savannah's dislike for each other still baffles me, but at least you have an idea why there's bad blood. How weird about that random woman becoming her enemy.
  • Options
    Just stopping in to say hi. As if finals aren't stressful enough, I had a doctor appointment this week and got some bad news (nothing serious, it's just going to be a struggle for awhile) and my mental health took a nosedive as a result...send good vibes please <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top