Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @BerrySimmer Thanks for checking out our challenge, it's always nice seeing a new face around here! :smile:

@Heckstress17 Toddler stuff is great! It has a lot of great toddler CAS items, kid-themed clutter, and playground equipment. I would wait until Black Friday to see if they have a sale though. Naomi looks great in her new uniform! I'm saving up points to unlock it. I wish we could set individual employee outfits though, I want my sims in lab coats and everyone else in scrubs. Smokey's a mess! :lol: She's so cute though, how can you stay mad at her? :wink: Matias' trainer is so fierce! Would you mind putting her up on the gallery? Ahhhhh baby incoming!!! :smiley:

@debjameswhite Thanks for letting us know that the trait randomizer updated--I'll going to start using it again now that it factors in the parents' traits. Naomi is such a good mother <3 Isabella is a gorgeous :love: Your little family is so cute--it's giving me baby fever!

@OJenn So treats make a LOT of money--one ambrosia treat sells for $3000 (on 200% markup)! They quadrupled their income in one day! Congrats to Sim-Jenn on completing her aspiration! Oh my gosh, Mr. and Mrs. Asher look so in love :heart: Those pics on the pier are breathtaking. I'm so glad they got Sadie an age-down treat, I'm ready for her to grow old yet. Oh I hope they have nooboos soon, they are so ready!

@carlimact Thor is adorable!! Big name for such a little guy :wink: The kids are so good with him. Harrison is a cutie, have you chosen an heir yet?
  • Options
    Update

Sam and Sawyer have been working so hard, and it's finally paid off--they finally built the vet clinic of their dreams. It has a cozy lobby, three spacious exam rooms, a surgery room, and a private office.
    11-17-17_3-58-19c2a0pm1.png

11-17-17_6-46-22c2a0pm.png

11-18-17_1-11-24c2a0pm1.png

11-18-17_1-20-48c2a0pm.png

Business is booming thanks to all of the new services they're able to provide. They've got patients coming all the way from Windenburg for Sam and Sawyer's veterinary expertise!
    11-17-17_6-40-36c2a0pm.png

With more patients comes more responsibility, so they've begun hiring. Their screening process involves Bear giving potential employees a good ol' sniff--animals have the best sense of character, after all.
    11-17-17_9-21-06c2a0pm.png

However, I started to question his sense of smell after catching him eating out of the office litter box...
    11-17-17_9-25-50c2a0pm.png

They decided Bear needs a little more discipline in his life, so he started agility training at the dog park. He's not very fast, but he never misses a mark! @Heckstress17 it totally reminds me of nintendogs too!
    11-17-17_8-28-41c2a0pm.png

11-17-17_8-30-16c2a0pm.png

Since Sam and Bear are at the park all morning, Sawyer has been hanging out at the new coffee shop on the wharf before work.
    11-17-17_7-11-24c2a0pm.png

11-17-17_7-22-07c2a0pm.png

11-17-17_7-26-48c2a0pm.png

11-17-17_7-40-44c2a0pm.png

Sadly, coffee doesn't completely fill the hole that loneliness creates. Sam and Sawyer had a long conversation about it and came to the conclusion that they're ready to expand their family...and the adoption agency (somewhat reluctantly :lol: ) agreed!
    11-17-17_8-24-32c2a0pm.png

Meet the newest member of the family, Sylvester.
    11-18-17_12-42-52c2a0pm.png

Bear didn't know what to think at first, but after some positive encouragement from Sam, he decided the little guy's alright.
    11-17-17_8-13-57c2a0pm.png

And he thought the new toys are even better! Seriously, he never played with any of the squeaky toys Sam bought for him, but he was all over Sylvester's toy mouse! :lol:
    11-17-17_9-42-50c2a0pm.png

I'll leave you with the perfection that is Sylvester :love::heart:
    11-17-17_7-56-59c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Sylvester is sooo cute!
    Everyone's updates were so fun to see/read! Keep them coming. :smiley:

My four children are now children. The eldest, Jarrod and the triplets, Joshua, Janice and Jane. In the order of their birth. I still think the two girls might be identical. Too hard to tell with different hair styles. Let me know what you all think.

11-19-17_10-44-12_PM.png
    11-19-17_10-49-54_PM.png11-19-17_10-55-47_PM.png
    11-19-17_10-59-32_PM.png

• Options
    carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ I've decided on Maya, since she's the only girl and has those crazy eyes.
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited November 2017
    @OJenn - I love love love the outfits you've put mini Jenn in. I'm so impressed with how far you've gotten with their skills and aspirations. That was fast! Love that shot of them kissing in the dining room. I wanna live there! The pier is such a great location. I don't blame them one bit for staying out all night. Aw Sadie :'( She grew up so fast. I'm glad you decided to give her the age down treat. Now I just hope her owners decide to expand the family soon. ;)

@debajameswhite - Isn't the vet jacket cute? :) I had been looking for it and was happy to see it was one of the perk rewards she could buy. I totally knew you wouldn't just have 2 kids. Called it! lol I'm excited to see the twins. Fingers crossed at least one's a boy.

@Rawla - Aw! All four kids are so cute! I think you're right about the girls being identical. I think they're my favs.

@JordanNicoleJJ - I was gonna wait on toddler stuff for black Friday, but then I saw Origin's deals didn't include the SP's so I just went ahead and got it. I really wish we could select different uniforms for our played sims vs. their employees too! I set my male sims to be in scrubs so they wouldn't have the vet uniform like Naomi :D Maybe now I'll only hire guys so everyone will know who the real vet is lol. And yes, I'll totally upload the gym trainer for you next time I'm in game :)

Hooray for an update! The new clinic looks amazing! I'm so envious of all the space. I really like the new country-ish theme from the wallpaper. Very nice. Yes! Finally someone saw my Nintendogs reference lol. Super cute coffee shop! I really love the table and chairs out front. You're making me rethink my builds right now. omg so that's how you adopt an animal. I love Bear's reaction. Totally made me think of this pic. :joy:
    feed-the-kitty-c2a9-warner-brothers.jpg
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Update!

Frankie aged up to an elder :'(
    AlICuLr.png

He's all gray and I'm so sad. I really hope he doesn't pass away anytime soon.
    P3L2ANR.png

Despite being an older pup Frankie still accompanies Matias' on his runs. (If this dog dies from being over exerted I'll never forgive myself)
    9EJP1gJ.png

You can tell his age is getting to him. When he runs off on his adventures I'm more likely to find him sleeping then hunting.
    220oNIG.png

Everyone guessed correctly, Naomi is pregnant. It hasn't been a good time lol
    3BAs8fM.png

She and Matias are still very excited about the baby though.
    mGZfSiQ.png

I swear territorial Smokey senses something is up. I'm a little worried about how she'll react to the baby.
    rleitkO.png

Naomi fired her old vet assistant and hired a new guy.
    BqXQuVy.png

He wasn't feeling Naomi's motivational speech lol (@debjameswhite this is Rowan Wolfe. He's the youngest born to Greysen and Sasha right?)
    7BRMpum.png

In her third trimester Naomi took maternity leave and started reading about parenting to get ahead of the game.
    773TsQM.png

She also took up woodworking. I hadn't realized it was part of the bookworm aspiration, but now she's halfway done completing it so that's nice.
    PSibt9a.png

Before I knew it was baby time!
    sMfp9Vp.png

It's a girl! Sophia Valentino <3
    o6TeKUl.png

The baby stage blew by and she's now an adorable toddler. She seems to take mostly after her Dad. She does have Naomi's blue/gray eyes though.
    tlm2j5o.png

She is such a little character. Toddler dancing is so cute.
    tb6to4Y.png

BUT she rolled the fussy trait and boy does she left everyone know it. Poor Frankie. His face :joy: I can't LOL
    I19zpMN.png

That's it for now. Happy Simming!
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 - Sophia is adorable! Frankie's face... *falls out of chair laughing* ...That's epic!
    As for my four kids, I love them all. I have already decided that the eldest, Jerrod, will not be heir. I might change my mind when they reach the teen years though. That won't be far from now. I'm glad they'll be going to school soon. 4 toddlers and 3 cats is crazy-insane. (I have MCCC mod that allows more than 8 in the home)
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited November 2017
    I know I've said this 100 times the past couple of weeks but I am so happy to see so many people posting again :)

@JordanNicoleJJ I LOVE how cute your vet clinic looks from the outside. That is way more the kind of look I was going for! So cute and not a huge monstrosity like I have!! Everything looks really great, including your staff! Oh Bear...why do you and you kind always have to raid the litter box?? The new kitten is sooo cute.

@Rawla I think the girls look identical too. They're all cute. Do you have a favorite yet?

@OJenn I agree with what @Heckstress17 said in her comment to you :D

@Heckstress17 Awww even as an elder Frankie is soo cute. Poor poor Naomi...I've seen that look. She really doesn't enjoy being pregnant. Matias makes everything better though! I can't wait to see how Smokey reacts. Toby was really good. Hmmm Rowan Wolfe is not one that was actually born in my game! In my game their youngest two were Malcolm and Bryan. Sophia is soooo cute! I can't wait to see her age up! I can't wait for more babies!! Camila is clingy but she's not as bad as I was expecting.
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 5: More

Toby is a cute little guy and he likes to follow Matias around.
    yqiTv.png

I haven’t been good about showing Naomi at her career. @Heckstress17 …she’s a vet too!
    yqiTU.png

When she goes home she plays dolls with the girls. The sims seem addicted to dollhouses.
    yqiU6.png

Isabella is always making messes no matter how often her parents ask her not too.
    yqiUj.png

This time she got a time out.
    yqiUN.png

Now Dad and Toby are playing dolls.
    yqiV1.png

Naomi always listens carefully when Camila tells her a story.
    yqiVi.png

Toby is always happy to go for a jog.
    yqiVD.png

So it totally looks like I took a million pics of Camila and not Isabella, but it’s because I was more focused on the vet clinic!
    yqiW9.png

Another cute picture.
    yqiWB.png

Back at work. I purchased the perk of the lab coat but I can’t access it. I lost all my perk points and didn’t get any of the perks I had bought.
    yqiX2.png

This is when I discovered there were more nooboos on the way. @Heckstress17 you get your wish.
    yqiX9.png

Another walk.
    yqiXk.png
    yqiY5.png

Poor Naomi, she’s huge this time!
    yqiZe.png

This poor couple. They’re both miserable.
    yqiZQ.png

But, they’re both still so in love.
    yqiZZ.png
    yqj0m.png

They had a boy and a girl. Gianni and Emilia.
    yqj1g.png
  • Options
    @debjameswhite - Yay twins! Congrats. Can I just enter that one picture and hug Toby tight? Sooo adorable!
    Yup. Most likely my girls are identical. Very cool. As for any favorites...nope. Not yet. I'll probably have to choose when they become teens. I should go play and get that done. xD
  • Options
    The firstborn and the lastborn are my favorites. I took the teen pics moments after they aged up. No changes to their looks or wardrobe were done. Here they are in the order they were born. (Jarrod, Joshua*, Janice*, Jane*) *=triplet

11-20-17_9-19-45_PM.png
    11-20-17_9-21-40_PM.png
    11-20-17_9-25-07_PM.png
    11-20-17_9-27-18_PM.png
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Heckstress17 - Aww poor Frankie is an elder already, I feel like the pet's age too quickly. Poor Frankie, I did notice when Sadie got older she was alot more tired and just lounged about. Congrats to Matias and Naomi on a single birth! And little Sophia is adorable oh my goodness.

@Debjameswhite - I notice that the dogs tend to favor one owner more than the other (not that it's terrible) but I think it's cute. Aww at least Naomi and Matias got a boy so thats something!

@Rawla - Jarrod and Joshua look like very cool guys with their smug little smirks :smile:

Just as I was reading @Heckstress17 update about Naomi being pregnant this was happening in my game.
    271a97c64e.jpg

Jenn was very proud of this and expressed as much. But then again I think maybe she is a little nervous too?
    20c10b693f.jpg

When she told Carl he pretty much gave her the "Yeah babe, I know I knocked you up." face.
    1276da1bf4.jpg

Baby in the belly, checkmate!
    d3a741a8fb.jpg

Pregnant or not Jenn is still working and moving up in the writing career.
    de854dc3be.jpg

And Mister Asher has also been moving up the ladder as well, he really wants to be Chief eventually.
    38585ae258.jpg

Katie and Jenn are now best friends and pretty much inseparable.
    6c8026d02c.jpg

79390e1fec.jpg

Soon it was baby time and the couple headed straight for the hospital. Mister Asher was very excited.
    b79d051fec.jpg

And the staff was called in for delivery.
    22d5f7a712.jpg

There was so initial panic in the surgery room but there are only two babies.
    b672d28b51.jpg

One girl: Charlotte
    One boy: Charles
    d10db78e36.jpg
  • Options
    @OJenn - Loved your update. Yay twins! Mister Asher is funny. lol

Of my four teens, I find myself favoring the one I had decided earlier not to use as heir. Weird how things can change so much. Jerrod, the firstborn is very much in the running. Joshua and Janice, are not. Jane, the youngest is still a possible.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I have chosen the heir. Jerrod, the first born! And Philomena shall be his wife.

image.png
  • Options
    Jerrod and Philomena live on the same lot now. They are building their relationship. Still only friends. We'll get there. The Neighborhood welcome that came was unexpected. It was actually his identical twin aunts, Faith and Hope (His mother's younger sisters) and his grandfather. None of which he'd met until now. I thought this was awesome.

11-21-17_5-38-15_PM.png

This is Jerrod and Philomena's little cabin.

11-21-17_5-49-44_PM.png

Jerrod made breadsticks for everyone. Grandpa isn't too sure about it though.

11-21-17_5-39-29_PM.png
  • Options
    @Rawla I'm so glad you chose Jerrod, he's my favorite! I like how he wasn't even in the running as a child :lol: Oh how things change. Jerrod's future wife is so pretty. Is she a townie or did you make her? Their house is really unique, I like it!

@Heckstress17 I'm glad you like the wallpaper--I wasn't sure if it looked too "old-fashioned." I was definitely going for a country vibe. This neighborhood reminds me of Appaloosa Plains from Sims 3. It took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out how to adopt :lol: It's under "household" on the computer. That pic is spot-on!

Pets age too quickly :frowning: That's why I'm playing on long life span. But Frankie's still handsome in his old age <3 Smokey has SO much personality! I can hear her now--"Look, human, I am the baby of this family and don't you forget it" :joy: Baby Sophia :love: I'm glad you got the toddler pack, that outfit's adorable! Frankie's face...I'm dying :joy:

@debjameswhite Thanks! I really wanted a small clinic. I think they're easier to manage. It does get pretty crowded sometimes though. One of their new employees is my gen 10 (or was it 11? :lol: ) sim from Rebuild Willow Creek. He's gaining skills like crazy! Must be that legacy blood.

I love how Toby follows your sims around, my pets always wander off and get into trouble :lol: Isabella is sooo cute, I think she's my favorite. Maybe it's just the new hair lol. Oh my gosh, pregnant again! I knew you couldn't stick to just 2 ;) Of course you'd get twins. You're cursed! But at least you got a boy!

@OJenn Ahh congrats! The multiples curse strikes again though...I'm getting nervous. I really don't want multiples this early on in the game. Personally, I think the chance for multiples is too high. They should be rare unless you have the Fertile trait--otherwise, what's the point of buying the trait? I love their matching names. Can't wait for toddler pics!

• Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Its great that Jerrod was your favorite. Funny how things change. I think that scruffy hair with ears and his smile just did me in. lol I could not choose another. As for his future wife, @OJenn made a genepool list for the new/optional towns. She is one for the 3rd generation.

And his future wife is officially his wife now. They eloped and had a little 'fun'. She's pregnant. I have MCCC so I could go in and see how many she has and what genders. But I'm determined not to. This time I want to be surprised.

Friendship Grows
    11-21-17_6-08-19_PM.png

Will you marry me?
    11-21-17_6-22-19_PM.png

Pregnant
    11-21-17_6-31-59_PM.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @Rawla I totally understand your desire to hug Toby! The real Toby is pretty lovable too :) Next generation I might try making one of my sweet mutts! That will be tougher :) I adore Jarrod with his kitty ears. He's so cute. Oh I love that he chose Philomena. She's very pretty. I can't wait to see how this turns out. Ooo and then, while I was typing this you updated with the proposal and pregnancy! Are those ears like a hat? They are really cute.

@OJenn Hooray for a baby!! I wish our sims lived in the same town so your babies could be some of my "townies" hehe I love Carl's remark while he was playing chess. It was awesome. Jenn also looks awesome in her pant suit! And baby time! You had twins right away! Multiple curse!! I love the names.

@JordanNicoleJJ I love how Toby is always following the family around too. He's really sweet. I'm favoring Camila so far, but now I have to give the twins a chance too.

So this isn't a real update...but Camila aged up. Mom made cake, but then she ate it.
    yqZLS.png

After another cake was made, Matias helped her blow it out.
    yqZNH.png

Because @JordanNicoleJJ thought she might be partial to Isabella because of her hair, when Camila aged up I took a picture of her with the same hair.
    yqZQk.png

Then I gave her her own look. Gianni and Emilia will have to be amazing to displace her right now :)
    yr0w5.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @debjameswhite - Camila is my favorite. I love her hair too! Is that from the pets pack?

As for Jerrod's ears, I thought it was a hat too but it turns out...its a hair style! I love it. And I'm very glad I did not peek to see what gender Philomena was going to have or how many. Because she just gave birth and... well....

She did not have a baby, she had a litter. FIVE *dies laughing* And I thought four was insane.

By order of birth: Tobias, Timothy, Tina, Theresa. Terra

11-21-17_9-12-46_PM.png

I think I need more toddler beds. And um... maybe another bathroom and 1-3 bedrooms too. So much for having a cozy cabin. :D

11-21-17_9-24-36_PM.png
  • Options
    @Rawla 5??? Wow! I didn't even know that was possible! Congrats? OMG I don't even know how you could handle it! Good luck! I can't wait to see them!!!

Camila's hair is from the vampire pack.
  • Options

@debjameswhite
    Its a cute hair. I don't have that pack. As for five, its only possible because I have the MCCC mod. I have the setting maxed out at 6 infants at the same time as a possibility. I figured...what would rarely happen. Also, I thought I'd have fun and say whatever the first pregnancy produced, that would be how many kids they would stop at. I was thinking 1-3 maybe. Five was crazy. lol
  • Options
    @Rawla Wow 5 should be plenty :) haha

My twins aged up to toddlers and I am no longer 100% on Camila though I do still really like her. We'll have to see!

Emilia
    yr3o9.png

Gianni
    yr3nb.png

Mom and Dad setting a good example
    yr3r6.png
  • Options
    @Rawla Oh, I forgot you're on gen 3 already. I like that you're ahead of me--I can see what gene pool mates I have to look forward to :smiley: Oh my gosh, FIVE?!?! :scream: Good luck!

@debjameswhite After seeing them side-by-side, Camila is my favorite BY FAR. Her blue eyes :love: But the twins are adorable...it's gonna be a close call.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @debjameswhite - Gianni is another favorite. Have fun trying to choose. xD

@JordanNicoleJJ - I aged up early on a few occasions in Gen 1 and 2. I was hoping for maybe twins this time and have a more relaxed generation. LOL Oh well. Infants already grow up too fast anyway, so now I get to share toddler pics.

Another look of Jerrod in all of his critter ears-hair glory.
    11-21-17_3-08-41_PM.png

In order of birth. They are pictured here with no alterations being made to hairstyle or wardrobe. This is how they looked upon aging-up.

Tobias (Charmer)
    11-21-17_10-34-07_PM.png

Timothy (Wild)
    11-21-17_10-34-17_PM.png

Tina (Wild)
    11-21-17_10-34-26_PM.png

Theresa (Inquisitive)
    11-21-17_10-34-32_PM.png

Terra (Independent)
    11-21-17_10-34-38_PM.png

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Yay! I'm so happy to see updates :) I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house so I'm gonna be baking and cleaning today like a crazy person. And my son is running a fever so I'm trying to get him into the doctor before they close for tomorrow. Anyway, no update from me. But I do wanna comment!

@Rawla - lol yeah I thought Frankie's face was pretty hilarious. I thought the cat would be the problem with the baby, turns out elder dogs really have no patience with them. omg 4 toddlers and 3 cats?! I bet you were glad when they aged up. It's kinda crazy because as a child I wasn't the biggest fan of Jerrod, but now he's my favorite. He's really adorable, and so is his wife. I really like their cabin. I wanna build a cabin in one of those woodsy lots. I also liked the pic of Jerrod and Grandpa. :) Good luck with the Quints. :joy: That's insane. omg I love how the two boys look identical and the 3 girls look identical. That's so cool! :o

@OJenn - The animals do seem to age really quickly :( but it makes sense with the sims lifespans. It's just sad. I think I'm gonna go back to long lifespan and prolong the heartbreak for awhile. This was such a great update. Mini Jenn's face in the second picture is so adorable. It totally captures the mixed feeling of nerves and excitement. lol the checkmate comment was pretty great too. I'm still impressed with how far both Carl and Jenn are in their careers, and to top it off Jenn's even got a friend. That's no easy task. At least not for me. Anyway, welcome babies! How great that they got one of each. Cute names too!

@JordanNicoleJJ - No I don't think the wallpaper looked old fashioned. I totally got the country vibe. Appaloosa plains! Oh the memories. I recently saw the adopt option on the computer too. I think they should've made it more obvious how to adopt. omg I love Smokey. I'm a total cat person and she hasn't disappointed. I really thought she'd be the problem with the baby, but to my surprise it's been the dog that's not a fan. Just another reason to love cats lol I'm glad I got the toddler pack too. Thanks for the compliment on Sophia's outfit. I had fun putting it together. :)

@debjameswhite - I was hoping Frankie would be like Toby and really take to the baby but that hasn't been the case. I wish I had time to update to really show you what I mean. Oh and okay, I wasn't sure about Rowan because it'd had been so long since I played my game. I remember now that he's a born in game sim, but I can't remember from who exactly, and command center has culled half his family :| Anyway, loved your updates!! Isabella is so cute, but I'm not a fan of her mess making attitude. I really liked the pictures of Matias walking Toby by the wharf. I haven't seen that sculpture. Oh wow you're right Naomi did get huge with her 3rd pregnancy. It makes sense since it was twins. Congrats on getting a boy! I absolutely love Camilia :love: she's got my heir vote. Man I really hope Sophia is as pretty when she ages up lol The twins are cute, but I think it's gonna be really hard to dethrone Camilia.

Also I have to show you a comparison of your Matias walking their dog, and mine.
    yqiVD.png
    I thought it was pretty funny what a big difference working out makes lol
    5WavZEt.png
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 I can see from these pics that you've been better at completing his body builder aspiration! He's a little more slight in my game still :) I love how Frankie looks at him. I am really loving Camila so far, but I realized last night that all 4 kids have different colored eyes. I thought that was odd. The twins have Mom and Dad's eyes but I don't know where Isabella and Camila's eyes came from. I hate to rush them, but I can't wait to see what the kids look like when they age up! Ooo also good luck with hosting Thanksgiving! This is the first time in a lot of years that I'm not hosting.

@Rawla The quints are adorable and it so looks like they're identical within their genders. So cute!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top