Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How common are identical twins?

JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
So in my game a number of twins have been born. But I don't think any of them have been identical. Infact most look very distinct from one another...

Comments

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited August 2017
    I've never had identical twins. They usually look different from one another. Different hair color, eye color, and facial differences. My alien twins are pretty close to being identical but they have different eyes. I don't think they're very common at all but I could be wrong.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Curls4LifeCurls4Life Posts: 70 Member
    With one of my households, I've had two sets of identical twins from the same parents! In other instances I've mostly had a split between identical and contrasting.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I've never had identical twins in any Sims game, but that I created them, myself. If you think about it identical twins in reality are VERY rare. Most are fraternal twins (Olsen twins, for example) who just look very muck alike, as some siblings do. I was gob-smacked to learn they weren't identical. I may have to start the family of one of my Sims in CAS. Up until recently, I could change out a Sim in CAS and still change their relationship to the rest of the family using the cheat method. Tried to do it a couple of weeks or so ago, and found out I was barred from editing an already created Sim. :open_mouth: This was game-CRUSHING to me. I don't always rely on game genetics. Sometimes I create a Sim to look the way I wish them to and then insert them into the family, later. It's just not always feasible to reshape the already born ingame Sim to look like the one you created, first. Or, maybe I just lack the CAS skill to do it. I'll give it another go, just in case I did something wrong that other day.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Lillians_MommyLillians_Mommy Posts: 86 Member
    I have never had identical twins in game. Which sucks because sometimes I like to remake my real life family and I have identical twin boys. If its not something already in game then I would love to see it added. I think it would really make the game more real life when CAS.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I don't think identical twins have ever been programmed into any Sims game. At best you'll have two siblings who look really alike. The only identical twins I've ever seen are premade/CAS-made.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I've even noticed that CAS-made identical twins (through Play with Genetics -> randomizing a twin) look subtly different. I definitely had to make these two in CAS:

wlDeTYd.png

FSpYfvz.png

The latter looks softer to me.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Other than the ones I created myself? None. I wish they were more common, lol. But as someone said even identical twins look different slightly. Like I just learned the olsen twins are actually fraternal and the mowry twins are identical and the latter don't look all that much alike to me, so I guess that game is a little bit realistic that way.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I've had plenty of twins in my game, but only twice have they been truly and absolutely identical to one another.
    I had another set of twins born in my game recently, and I'll be curious to see if they grow up to look alike... They're toddlers at the moment and do look exactly the same, but that's happened to me before, and they've ended up having different features later on.
  • Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    I've had quite a few twin sims in my game, but they were not identical. However, in my save where I play through generations, my sims had two twin daughters that appear to be 'identical'. There isn't really anything in the game that would tell you your sims are 'identical' twins other than your personal assessment based on their looks.

Here are the pictures for comparison (they are currently still kids so I cannot be completely sure if they will look alike later on):
    -They as toddlers-
    920562574bafec06c79649a0debeb6644f7feafceac64e40a36a2a5db1265b6e70f7a319.jpg
    -And as kids-
    51390497851f91a2abf1d6d8b069f5c8f0c27f59a9f1591cee7e57207d2405aebef6aa1b.jpg
    27234171b5aab1ba5e54659eafc6fc2b3f7e8a1adcc131b70e7a80cccf7afa8bbc0b617f.jpg

(Also I don't use any mods) :)

Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options
    RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    U2wysd7.png
    Lana
    GQJOBxv.png
    Mariska

These two lovelies are as close as I've got, even if one is a vampire. They inherited the same features from each parent...
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    33% of twins are monozygotic (from the game files)
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    What does that mean, please.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    What does that mean, please.
    Monozygotic means identical, so 33% of twins in game would be identical.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I have had two sets of identical twins, but most of my twins are not. Interesting that Neia says the game files have such a high chance of identical twins.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I had 1 set in early gameplay, born to Johnny Zest and his wife, an asian sim I created Ana Wong. 2 girls that had the same features, eye color, body shape, the only difference was essentially hair styles. I had a set in an abandoned game save that I thought might be identical, then I realized, when they were children, that they were very similar in features and body shape, but had different colored eyes, lol.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    They are about as common as the "Doublemint Twins"
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Sadly I've never had identical twins.

I have remarkably bad luck even with both parents or the lot having fertility traits!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I haven't had any identical twins in my game yet, and I have had plenty of twins but there is always that one thing that is different between them.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited August 2017
    Linzz wrote: »
    I haven't had any identical twins in my game yet, and I have had plenty of twins but there is always that one thing that is different between them.

Yeah, there's just always one small detail that separates them. I had one set of twins that were basically identical but there was like a 1 degree difference in the nose angle. And the annoying thing is, the twins look identical as children but when they age up to teens they look different.
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    I have a total of 104 sims in my game and only one set of identical twins, so I think it's safe to say it's pretty rare... I have plenty of twins that aren't identical.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    To be fair, identical twins doesn't look identical. My younger sisters are identical twins (we got them DNA-tested) and they look very alike, but there are some differences.

As for in sims, I had one set that looked really, really similar, so I guess they might have been. That was in 2014 though, one of my first saves, and sadly, I don't have any screenshots anymore.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    None of the twins I have had in The Sims 4 have been identical. I assume that identical twins are statistically possible within the game, but I have yet to see them.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I don't think identical twins have ever been programmed into any Sims game. At best you'll have two siblings who look really alike. The only identical twins I've ever seen are premade/CAS-made.
    Yeah, it probably was never programmed in the first place, it's just a matter of chance if the twins get the same features.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, it probably was never programmed in the first place, it's just a matter of chance if the twins get the same features.

It's programmed without doubt, it's in the game files modders have access to. Like I said a bit earlier, it's set at 33% : there's one chance out of three that your second twin will be identical to the first.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I think I might have had a possible set of identical twins, it was a while ago and I don't have the save file anymore, because I didn't age them up to teens to see. I wish I still had the save file so I could see. I've had a lot of fraternal twins including some in my legacy story. I like it when writing but I do wish we could have them more for gameplay.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top