Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think The Sims 4 on console will have a story mode?

Hello!

So in the past few days it's been announced that The Sims 4 will be coming to Xbox and PS4 and I'm excited. I loved the console versions in the past because I couldn't always play on the family computer and I still sometimes play the PS2 versions of the games. (They were so good!)

One of the things I loved about them was that they had a story - you had to complete wants to unlock bigger and better locations. I kinda feel like my sims whims are pointless now, I barely ever look at them. Do you think the console version may re introduce the story modes??

I kind of doubt they will, but would really love it if they did :smile:

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    They are making The Sims 4 for console exactly like the computer version. +It will have same updates and DLCs as computer version.
    So, I'm afraid not. But there is one thing missing and that is the Gallery...
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    *sighing* What do y'all think?
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Nope. It's a direct port of the game.

It's not even going to have the Gallery feature either.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It did seem like nothing was different based on the trailer.

If that's truly the case, this might be the first time the console version will be a direct port. Even the Sims 3 PS3 version looks watered down compared to PC. Given that TS4 was never meant to push PC hardware compared to other modern games (or even its predecessors), I guess that's not surprising.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited July 2017
    @icmnfrsh wrote: »

If that's truly the case, this might be the first time the console version will be a direct port. Even the Sims 3 PS3 version looks watered down compared to PC. Given that TS4 was never meant to push PC hardware compared to other modern games (or even its predecessors), I guess that's not surprising.

The Sims 3 would easily port to console as well (for this gen).

The problem with the Sims 3 console was that the Xbox 360 and PS3 only had 256MB of Ram, whereas the Sims 3 needed at least 2GB.

The Xbox One and PS4 have 8GB so they're fine.

The Sims 3 was only limited because of RAM, it wasn't anymore demanding as a game.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @icmnfrsh wrote: »

The trailer is listed as PC footage, lol.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    They are making The Sims 4 for console exactly like the computer version. +It will have same updates and DLCs as computer version.
    So, I'm afraid not. But there is one thing missing and that is the Gallery...

I'd have thought there would be some sort of gallery. Although given that the gallery is specifically tied to Origin account, I can see how that is unlikely.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I don't think so. Although, I would LOVE a story mode that would be simmilar to TS2/TS2 Castaway for console.
  • Options
    MelodyLove16MelodyLove16 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the Sims 4 on the PC & Ps4 they both have a gallery mode. I use it all the time. The only thing I want from this game is story mode. I own a Ps2 & I've been playing Sims Bustin Out. I love the story mode
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No it's just like the pc version and pc don't have storymode.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I have the Sims 4 on the PC & Ps4 they both have a gallery mode. I use it all the time. The only thing I want from this game is story mode. I own a Ps2 & I've been playing Sims Bustin Out. I love the story mode

There is no gallery on the Sims 4 consoles.