Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fringe

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    how could character B betray Character A (my MC) espicallly when character B is "on the other side" (ie bad guy's side)?

Maybe he befriends her under false pretenses.
    B: I think being bad is bad. I want to be good. Will you show me how?
    A: Of course! Here are my secrets!
    B: Fooled ya! I'm taking these back to the boss.

B is already friends with A since she shows up in the land with character A and 5 other people (they're all friends). After Character A draws a sword. They end up in a land which isn't Egypt but looks like it. B plus 4 of the others do a disappearing act once something which has to do w/ their flaw-like eating (glutton) or get enticed by a strange man into going to his place or as in in character's B case envy.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    how could character B betray Character A (my MC) espicallly when character B is "on the other side" (ie bad guy's side)?

B is already friends with A since she shows up in the land with character A and 5 other people (they're all friends). After Character A draws a sword. They end up in a land which isn't Egypt but looks like it. B plus 4 of the others do a disappearing act once something which has to do w/ their flaw-like eating (glutton) or get enticed by a strange man into going to his place or as in in character's B case envy.

I'm sorry, but what are you asking? I'm really lost here. :confused:
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I'm sorry, but what are you asking? I'm really lost here. :confused:

I'm just am saying that the character who betrays my main character is already a friend of the MC. All but one of the characters gets pulled away from the MC by a flaw-for this character its envy. But now my villain has asked the betrayer-to-be to go back to the MC and try to kidnap the girl (who is kind of like Lucy or a young Henry from Once Upon a Time) who has joined forces with my MC. I'm just not sure *how* for the betrayal to happen
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @MadameLee Telling a friend's secrets is one way to betray a friend.

So is talking about the friend behind her back.

Or telling her other friends not to be friends with her...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @MadameLee Telling a friend's secrets is one way to betray a friend.

So is talking about the friend behind her back.

Or telling her other friends not to be friends with her...

not what I'm looking for..I think I have an idea (which fits in with my sort of adventure/fantasy like setting) "Sleeping curse" *cough* Snow White* *cough* *cough* Sleeping Beauty *cough* being used on 2 people instead of one-in an shared ice cream cup!!! Which means I got an answer to another situation which apparently comes before this scene..I was trying to figure out how to finish a fight my MC will have after (events yet to happen)-but because of what will happen-I guess my MC wins.

I have a habit of using different methods of "sleeping curses". In my Anne in Ellabur story-it's an orange, in a dream I had it was a chocolate bar, and in my 7,334 word story-it's a Slushee drink. What in the world does that tell you?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I need crazy ingredients for the sleeping potion
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I need crazy ingredients for the sleeping potion

Deathflower, bloodstone, blue firefly?

Here's the "real" alchemical recipe from TS3: Any mushroom, red toadstool
  • Options
    I wonder what it says about me if my stories almost always have the "sleeping curse/potion" in some food or 🐸🐸🐸🐸?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I wonder what it says about me if my stories almost always have the "sleeping curse/potion" in some food or plum?

That you're sleepy?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    I wonder what it says about me if my stories almost always have the "sleeping curse/potion" in some food or plum?

That you're sleepy?

lol!!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @CathyTea These are 2 of my sims based off characters from my NaNoWriMo story:

Ming Ying (my MC)
    MIucW3q.png
    ii8ygSr.png

and Lulu (a Henry/Lucy combo-I will have to explain that to you in PM)
    FQFIpMe.png
    ddCogVT.png

one of Ming's friends Lori:
    BQl4a5z.png
    QX7Q4w4.png

I'm trying to figure out what the other 4 friends (and one traitor) to look like)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee They're really beautiful! I like how each one looks distinct!

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Ming and Lulu -especially Ming are my MCs. They sort of have a Emma/Henry (or currently Henry/Lucy) relationship. Lori and the other 4 people are just support characters.

I just realised I could have one of my sims have highlights in her hair..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited November 2017
    Good morning!!!

I posted this over at the lounge, too, but here are my Oolie and Megs pictures in case you don't visit there! <3
    img_7519.jpg

I boop her nose and she doesn't like it (just like in real life, LOOL)
    11-10-17_12-59-41c2a0am.png

They’re on the gallery, too, of course!!! (As Megs & Oolie)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Meggles: I noticed the nose booping! And other things my dog hates IRL. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @Meggles: I noticed the nose booping! And other things my dog hates IRL. :p

I can never get to her nose, loool. She is too quick!

I don't use custom traits usually but I am dying for Diva/Princess, Grumpy (if it's not already there), and Afraid of Other Dogs to round out the Oolie experience. :joy:

Right now she's got loyal, skittish, and friendly
  • Options
    @Meggles Looks just like Oolie! And you look just like you ! Love the hair !

Adopted my dogacy founder last night . .. he's a lazy, inquisitive pomeranian who has a swagger !

• Options

Adopted my dogacy founder last night . .. he's a lazy, inquisitive pomeranian who has a swagger !

Thanks, @CathyTea !!!!!

And OMG a pom! One of the best dogs. Are you going to start a story for this dogacy?
  • Options
    @CathyTea and others who do the alien adoption challenge:
    How did you create the universe? How did you get other people to join?
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I think most joined because they like the challenge, and the collab has been an easy thing to get into. We've created the world through just talking about it and pitching ideas together. And writing our stories of course. :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

I started reading Cathy's story first and lurked in the thread for a while. I really liked the chatter and collaboration that was going on there and decided to join in. I don't think they actively seek out new people, but are very welcoming if you want to jump in! And you don't have to fit into the lore either.

There is a fair bit of info on the site they've developed, mostly about the language. I've learned a lot about the lore from reading others stories, but before I got to that point I just asked people in the thread. As long as you don't mind the spoilers, everyone was open about sharing the details they'd developed and the holes that were still in the overall story.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options

I saw a couple others start it and I was like "oh man, a short and simple challenge - I am in!" :lol:
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »

Thanks, @CathyTea !!!!!

And OMG a pom! One of the best dogs. Are you going to start a story for this dogacy?

Yes, for sure I'll do a story! It will take a bit of a set up--I figure I might need to play for a few weeks, but you can expect one! My goal will be to complete it, so I'll probably be writing this one for a few years! LOL!

• Options

Well, I just tagged some friends who were doing it or who I thought might be interested, then I created a collab thread. And on my story and on the collab site, we make it clear that anyone's welcome to join at any time!

We've got a language-inventing group PM that about 8 of us are in and a Word Lore group PM that about 11 of us are in, and we do a ton of planning, scheming, brainstorming, and idea-sharing there.

We also share tons of spoilers in our collab thread.

When we come up with plots and side-plots that might impact others' plots or that contain elements that others might want to build off of, we share them either in the group PM or in the collab thread.

The language sort of developed organically, incorporating ideas from everyone.

@allysimbuilds developed this super neat way to co-write, which is through Google docs. There's even a chat there, so we can plan while we write. When our Sims visit others, we each write the dialogue for our respective Sims--it's super!

This is my third or fourth (maybe fifth?) really big collab, so I incorporated a bunch of what I learned from other collabs, namely: be really flexible to accommodate everyone's pacing, style, and needs both for time-out and for involvement; share as much as possible to help co-creation; respect (of course! Of Simmers, Sims, stories, and style); welcome and invite diversity; allow for differing levels of involvement.

It's been amazing.

We'd love to have you join if you want!

And if you're looking at starting your own collab, I'm sure we'd love to share other things we've learned that have gone in to making this fun and rewarding!

• Options

Well, I just tagged some friends who were doing it or who I thought might be interested, then I created a collab thread. And on my story and on the collab site, we make it clear that anyone's welcome to join at any time!

We've got a language-inventing group PM that about 8 of us are in and a Word Lore group PM that about 11 of us are in, and we do a ton of planning, scheming, brainstorming, and idea-sharing there.

We also share tons of spoilers in our collab thread.

When we come up with plots and side-plots that might impact others' plots or that contain elements that others might want to build off of, we share them either in the group PM or in the collab thread.

The language sort of developed organically, incorporating ideas from everyone.

@allysimbuilds developed this super neat way to co-write, which is through Google docs. There's even a chat there, so we can plan while we write. When our Sims visit others, we each write the dialogue for our respective Sims--it's super!

This is my third or fourth (maybe fifth?) really big collab, so I incorporated a bunch of what I learned from other collabs, namely: be really flexible to accommodate everyone's pacing, style, and needs both for time-out and for involvement; share as much as possible to help co-creation; respect (of course! Of Simmers, Sims, stories, and style); welcome and invite diversity; allow for differing levels of involvement.

It's been amazing.

We'd love to have you join if you want!

And if you're looking at starting your own collab, I'm sure we'd love to share other things we've learned that have gone in to making this fun and rewarding!

I would definitely be interested in learning how you set things up. I would love to work with other people, and I think it would be a great way to start interacting with others.