Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Server justs chats and is on her phone

My server is the biggest slacker in the world. All the patrons left because they weren't getting their food as the waiter was just sitting on her phone and chatting with other employees and my sim. I fired her, but is there any way I can prevent this from happening?

Comments

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I've had really bad service at restaurants, too. Waited hours for a table. Ended up cancelling and going to one of the festival food stalls for a quick bite.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Does the server have the Insider trait? I have noticed that sims with this trait send text message every time.
    The Insider trait comes with The Sims 4 Get Together, so if you don't have it, that is strange then.
    Try not hiring sims with Insider trait. They are extremely social.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    My server is the biggest slacker in the world. All the patrons left because they weren't getting their food as the waiter was just sitting on her phone and chatting with other employees and my sim. I fired her, but is there any way I can prevent this from happening?

Under management you can tell her off for her work ethic, that might help. But let's face it, she was a horrible employee and should have been fired. Don't waste your time training employees like that. ETA: You do have to pay for a lot of training to train the employess... once in a while won't cut it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Does the server have the Insider trait? I have noticed that sims with this trait send text message every time.
    The Insider trait comes with The Sims 4 Get Together, so if you don't have it, that is strange then.
    Try not hiring sims with Insider trait. They are extremely social.

I do have Get Together so that could be it. How do you see traits before you hire sims?