The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: SPY VS SPY!

Comments

• Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,990 Member
    Meeeeeeeeeee......!!!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    Woot woot
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,843 Member
    Who isn't?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    edited June 2018
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Who else is keen for another season?????!!!!!!!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,748 Member
    I appreciate y'alls excitement, but you may not like when next season starts... I'm thinking July 1st. :p It's The Mole anniversary! The very first season started July 1st, 2011 which is insaaane. 7 years later, on its 7th anniversary, Season 7 will start. :mrgreen:

I know that's 3 weeks away, but luckily, I hear Jetset might be starting soon. :) Or at least the thread will be up in the coming weeks, Vul? But it won't officially begin till July?
  • Options
    That is good... Give you a time to take a break from this season... :blush:
  • Options
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    That is good... Give you a time to take a break from this season... :blush:

Exactly. :p Gives me a bit of a break to work on other stuff too, and get the season properly prepared. I'll also be visiting Disney World end of June, so I wanted to start the season after that anyway.

I'll also be visiting my grandmother on the east coast while I'm there, and the funny thing is, last time I visited was the last week of June as well. I remember bringing this little yellow notebook with me, and that's what I used to plan all the missions for season 1 of this show. :p I still have it, and will probably bring it again for nostalgia haha. And to do the same thing with S7! It's going to be incredible to see the differences of what I wrote for S1 (when I was 14 years old) to what I will write for S7 (when I'm 21)... I just thought that was an amazing coincidence, like everything is coming full circle in a nice little neat bow. The timing is just really funny too. :blush:
  • Options
    That's so cool.... :smiley:
  • Options
    No wonder you're a fan of that one trope of bookends tying together nicely. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    I appreciate y'alls excitement, but you may not like when next season starts... I'm thinking July 1st. :p It's The Mole anniversary! The very first season started July 1st, 2011 which is insaaane. 7 years later, on its 7th anniversary, Season 7 will start. :mrgreen:

I know that's 3 weeks away, but luckily, I hear Jetset might be starting soon. :) Or at least the thread will be up in the coming weeks, Vul? But it won't officially begin till July?

I'm aiming to start off in July as well. The thread will be up sooner. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I'm close to the end of season 5, and while the Whitney twist surprised me (although I did catch the hint that she was smarter than she appeared), I was able to predict what Mason's unicorn was about. :D
    Ever since he insisted that Plum look after it while he was away, my guess was that it was a recording device, given his job as a detective.

Really enjoying season 5 so far. I think maybe more so than seasons 1 and 2.

Also:
    You have a friend in me

:'(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Also, I just realized that most of season 5's final 4 were also this season's final 4. And Ninja and Alleen just switched places.

You guys are really good at this. :D

• Options
    Morgan: Plum my plum, plum
    Izzy: Gladly
    Ambrose: o_o

I wonder if Twiddle is open to the idea of bringing Ambrose back for the All-Stars. :D

And I just realized that I already did read the Season 5 finale...and forgot about it, preserving the suspense. Thank God

• Options
    Just imagine Artie, Ambrose and Ben together, the one who speaks frenglish, the second one doesn't speak at all and the third one has a worse english than his cat xD
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    Just imagine Artie, Ambrose and Ben together, the one who speaks frenglish, the second one doesn't speak at all and the third one has a worse english than his cat xD

I'd feel sorry for Ambrose. She'll feel left out when Artie and Ben chatter in fluent German. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options

Oui, oui

• Options

I'd feel sorry for Ambrose. She'll feel left out when Artie and Ben chatter in fluent German. :)

She can speak german? Well, Ben found his first ally xD
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options

She can speak german? Well, Ben found his first ally xD

And practically every other language but English. So she could pratically be the translator between Ambrose and Ben, haha. ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    You do not know how badly I wanted you to secretly figure out it was me and win the game without telling me XD @WinteryGarnet

I started to wonder after I was already gone, and I had a hunch going into this last episode. As much as I thought it was Alleen for so long, something in the back of my head was like it's gonna end up being Haylo, and I've been thinking that for days now while waiting for this last episode. I'm just like... it's gonna end up being Haylo, isn't it? It's gonna be Haylo. How did I make it so far considering you and Vul were both at the bottom of my list like constantly.

Hahaha, that's funny. This is exactly my experience for the most recent season of Dutch Mole. Out of the final 3, there was one person I was like "It CANNOT be them, and if it is, I'll eat a rock" and as the finale came closer I was thinking... "It's totally going to be this person, just because I said I was going to eat a rock" lol

But The Mole would be boring if it were predictable, so you actually got a great first-time experience! Being shocked can be fun sometimes, being right every time gets boring. ;)
  • Options
    You do not know how badly I wanted you to secretly figure out it was me and win the game without telling me XD @WinteryGarnet

I started to wonder after I was already gone, and I had a hunch going into this last episode. As much as I thought it was Alleen for so long, something in the back of my head was like it's gonna end up being Haylo, and I've been thinking that for days now while waiting for this last episode. I'm just like... it's gonna end up being Haylo, isn't it? It's gonna be Haylo. How did I make it so far considering you and Vul were both at the bottom of my list like constantly.

Hahaha, that's funny. This is exactly my experience for the most recent season of Dutch Mole. Out of the final 3, there was one person I was like "It CANNOT be them, and if it is, I'll eat a rock" and as the finale came closer I was thinking... "It's totally going to be this person, just because I said I was going to eat a rock" lol

But The Mole would be boring if it were predictable, so you actually got a great first-time experience! Being shocked can be fun sometimes, being right every time gets boring. ;)

I lost all my points in the WIDM-app bwahaha! XD

Previous time on the Dutch Mole that I was wrong in the finale was... I believe season 12? Although that Mole is often regarded as one of the worst Moles in Dutch history.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    The clue mission was by far the best mission to sabotage XD Honeskty the success I felt from that was astounding. Not only did I come out a winner by solving it, I also got to eliminate two people whilst playing it with my hint electrocution trick XD

smh lol
    JwoK8Va.gif

Lmao :lol:

Yeah, Haylo was pretending to be mad at me. If you go back and read it, he's fuming. :p But I just responded back like I would normally. Lo/Tamela would've survived if Haylo hadn't used that clue at that exact moment.
  • Options

While using your previous rankings and find the mole that way is a viable and fair strategy, it goes against the suspicion and speculation side of the mole, which is the "essence" of the game. Choosing your mole based on who it HAS to be, rather than who it MIGHT be, is a completely different style of game. If your top 3 suspects get eliminated, you KNOW its not the bottom couple. That creates deduction, instead of scrambling to find the next suspicious player, who may be the mole, or who might not be the mole based on their strategy and gameplay. Someone might be super suspicious to get votes, and they might be suspicious all in all, if someone puts them at the bottom and survives, and you're left into the final 5/4... You know that person isn't it. No matter how suspicious they might be. Which is fair gameplay, but goes against many strategies for both the mole and player alike. So in my opinion, thats one thing that I would say is going AGAINST the mole. I mean, WIDM still uses the quiz, and while they have a memory and time aspect which we can't reproduce, it is still a VERY tried and tested aspect to The Mole franchise, and it has worked time after time.

The one thing that the ranking misses out on, which is almost a crucial method of gameplay within The Mole, is splitting suspects 25/25/25/25, 50/50... However it may be. Some people rely on that strategy to make it through the early days, since its mostly luck. Having the ranking, you're forcing players to go "this is my suspect" and not allow them to split to perhaps make it through versus someone who may split or choose worse or incorrect candidates. So I feel that the ranking loses something that is a rather necessary or beneficial gameplay aspect for the early days mole game.

The last thing is, while the ranking was almost unavoidably necessary for having two moles. Having one mole it is way more avoidable. While yes for you Turner it is less work, but having a ranking system means just sending you a mole suspect, and that is either right or wrong, there is no middle ground. While for two moles, it creates an average because you can't answer quiz questions about two people. This time, you CAN about ONE person. So it seems more practical, especially given the fact that you can split your suspects to better your chances.

Okay... So I think I understand this argument. I do agree that it's better when the game is about speculation and you're guessing the whole time and it's a matter of who it MIGHT be versus who it HAS to be.
    But my thing is this: couldn't a player go through the quiz with every player left in the game, as if each person is the Mole, and score them? So say I just completed the quiz. If you were the Mole, I got 6 right. If Vul was the Mole, I got 2 right. If Alleen was the Mole, I got 8 right, etc. Doesn't that give you the same amount of information as the ranking? I know not everyone does this, but I know a few people who have in the past.

You're right about that, you can't really split with a ranking. The whole "I'm splitting it between X and Y" is only possible with a quiz.
    However, when it comes to the early executions, I don't like that it's largely luck. In my opinion, rankings make it LESS a matter of luck, since you really are just ranking most-least suspicious. With quizzes, you just happen to survive because your suspect Bob coincidentally is the same age, gender, and nationality as the Mole. Whereas someone who splits their suspicions between Bobette and the Mole gets a LESSER score simply because they aimed a few questions at Bobette, who just happens to have nothing in coming with the Mole. So basically, person A gets a better score than person B, even though person B suspects the Mole and person A doesn't even have the Mole on their radar. That's purely luck to me. And if person B goes home because of that... That's just aggravating to me. A ranking eliminates the possibility of that happening completely! :o

I'm not sure I agree with the bolded statement. :p Whoever is on top of your ranking isn't meant to be your only suspect. It's just your MAIN suspect. It's no different from the last question of every quiz, which is "Who is the Mole?". And ISN'T there middle ground with a ranking? It's not black-and-white, it's a giant spectrum. You're still splitting it in a sense, but it's not 50/50 or 25/25/25/25. It's more 40/30/20/10... (or however you want to do the math).
    But I would agree that a ranking was necessary for 2 moles, but unnecessary for 1... And a ranking FORCES you to say each person is more suspicious than another, whereas with a quiz, you have more freedom. You can go all in on one person, or spread as much as you want, or be conservative. There's a lot more room for strategy with a quiz... And the more strategy, the better!
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,700 Member
    Okay... So I think I understand this argument. I do agree that it's better when the game is about speculation and you're guessing the whole time and it's a matter of who it MIGHT be versus who it HAS to be.
    But my thing is this: couldn't a player go through the quiz with every player left in the game, as if each person is the Mole, and score them? So say I just completed the quiz. If you were the Mole, I got 6 right. If Vul was the Mole, I got 2 right. If Alleen was the Mole, I got 8 right, etc. Doesn't that give you the same amount of information as the ranking? I know not everyone does this, but I know a few people who have in the past.

I've read only this so far, but you have to remember... We don't know the scores XD There is no possible way to figure that out without knowing the mole 100%, which is why YOU know the scores as the host. We cannot XD
  • Options
    Right... Okay, hear me out. XD I'm not sure if this will make sense, I'm not sure it even makes sense to me.

So your argument with the ranking is that... You can easily deduct suspects through process of elimination. If I put Vul on the bottom of my ranking throughout the entire game, and make it to the end, that's clear evidence he can't be the Mole, otherwise I'd have been eliminated by now.

I'm saying you can do the same with quizzes. If none of my answers EVER correspond with Vul, by the end of the game I KNOW he can't be the Mole for the same reason above.

With my example of "If you were the Mole, I got 6 right. If Vul was the Mole, I got 2 right. If Alleen was the Mole, I got 8 right", I can PREDICT the score I'm going to get. One of those scores IS my score. Quiz after quiz, if I keep answering questions that land on you and Alleen, there's a very high chance you or Alleen is the Mole, whereas I can eliminate Vul from being the Mole since I never answer questions about him.

I just don't see the difference. :o Either way, it seems to me (ranking or quiz), you can garner practically the same amount of information. I feel like the only difference is that with rankings, it's less work, and more transparent? With quizzes, you have to do a bit of extra math.
  • Options
    Turner does have a point. If your main suspect is a man and the real mole is a man, that already puts you ahead of the people who think it's a woman.

But at the same time, I still like the idea of a quiz. And on the other hand, you could be tricked into thinking you're right because of these coincidences. Like maybe if everyone was wrong about the Mole and you survived because you were just less wrong (like what happened with Olcay, and how the show tried tricking the viewers into believing Ruben is the Mole through this)