Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Game Needs Some Optimisation Fixes!!

My game has been running slow and laggy for the past few months! The game is unplayable! My fps is all over the place! My game goes as low as 18 fps! I know other peoples games have been having performance problems!

Please Sims Team, do some optimisation fixes! Sims 3 is currently running better than The Sims 4 and that's something I didn't think I'd ever have to say!

Comments

• Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    The games' FPS have always been all over the place. That being said, however, it shouldn't make your game unplayable. Every update to the game makes it more power-hungry, and when it gets to the point that your finding it to be unplayably slow, that's usually a sign that it's time to upgrade your computer. What kind of specs does your computer have?
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    Nearia35 wrote: »
    The games' FPS have always been all over the place. That being said, however, it shouldn't make your game unplayable. Every update to the game makes it more power-hungry, and when it gets to the point that your finding it to be unplayably slow, that's usually a sign that it's time to upgrade your computer. What kind of specs does your computer have?

My specs are:

-Screen Size: 17.3 inches

-Resolution: 1920x1080

-Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor 6820HK (2.7GHz, 3.6GHz Turbo)

-RAM: 16GB

-Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M - 6.0GB

-Hard Drive: Memory: 1TB

-Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

If I can run GTA 5 in ultra specs and still have my fps above 55fps, then its the game!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hmm, you shouldn't be having a problem with those specs. Are you sure your game is using the Nvidia card and not the Intel Graphics card (if you laptop has that).

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd/p1

Look at this to make sure the TS4_x64.exe file is running on the Nvidia card.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Other things you could try is repair your game.

Try repairing your game via Origin. This helps solve weird lags.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    There are a few things to do to try to see if they may help with your issues.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

Move the screenshots folder to the desktop and see if that may help.
  • Options
    Simssilver4Simssilver4 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the same problem. The Sims4 game is very slow and lagging. Sims 2 and 3 run faster. I repair Sims4 on origin but still the same problem.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I'm having the same problem. The Sims4 game is very slow and lagging. Sims 2 and 3 run faster. I repair Sims4 on origin but still the same problem.

Hello @Simssilver4
    Try doing the things that I suggested in the above post and see if that helps the issues,
    If the issues renain, could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.
    Or you could copy and paste the information to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017

One thing that helps is turn off Origin in the game menu inside the game. You won't have access to the packs for sale but can still get on the gallery. It's a CPU hog. ETA: And don't start up the game thru Origin but instead from the icon on your desktop, you will notice a difference.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.