Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• Options
    MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    @Merelhyn Did someone say laundry!? :hushed:

This home has a wagon load of character! It's nice to have something a bit themed to play with! <3 I can see Laura Ingalls helping Pa in the barn while John Wayne defends the homestead from some no good cow rustlers on the porch B) Maybe I'm confusing my Wild West stereotypes....... anyhoo I hope your sister enjoys this slice of Westworld as much as I do (but more so than the robots :* ).

P.S Is a Nectar Cave like the Bat Cave but with a juice bar? I think Batman would be less broody if his life had more tiny umbrellas in it :*

I didn't think of a bar! It's just the nectar maker machine, and storage for nectar bottles… A bar would be a great addition!
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    @Merelhyn You're not only an awesome builder but a writer as well. The conversation with your sister had me lol'ing. And as far as those lights are concerned, hope it brings your set down a little more. :smiley:

Anyway, thanks for the entry!

@AlphaFen Nice to see you drop in :kissing:
  • Options
    I saw you tried to gift me @ZeeGee! (didn't came through, like most gifts these days). With or without the lights, I'll try to finish this flat soon(-ish) because I started it too long ago. Probably not this month since most of my free time went to the Far West house :smile:
  • Options
    @Merelhyn Tried again. Looks like it went through this time, it took my points anyway. :) No rush on anything, I just wanted you to have those lights. And maybe it will bring your set down a little. :)
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    That reminds me, I still have 200sp sitting around. Haven't found anyone who wants them since I try to find active builders, so the gift exchange didn't feel like the best place to donate the last points the ads ever gave me. It will be my last gift so I want it to be a valued gift lol. I'm odd like that :)

Anyone here who has exactly 200 sp on their wishlist? Willing to finally spend them, would be a shame if I watched those 40 ads for nothing xD
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    That reminds me, I still have 200sp sitting around. Haven't found anyone who wants them since I try to find active builders, so the gift exchange didn't feel like the best place to donate the last points the ads ever gave me. It will be my last gift so I want it to be a valued gift lol. I'm odd like that :)

Anyone here who has exactly 200 sp on their wishlist? Willing to finally spend them, would be a shame if I watched those 40 ads for nothing xD

I'm am… not sure what you mean @SjappielovePaul. I have much more than 200 sp in my whislist total but I can totally make a top list whose sum would be 200 sp of my preferred items ^^.
  • Options
    Merelhyn wrote: »

I'm am… not sure what you mean @SjappielovePaul. I have much more than 200 sp in my whislist total but I can totally make a top list whose sum would be 200 sp of my preferred items ^^.

Oh those are some of my favourite items! I loved that set! I'll make sure to visit your wishlist tomorrow when I can spend some time on my laptop :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Merelhyn I look forward to checking the western style house out in game. And, oh my gosh, it's SO cute that you call it Far West. I never knew you folk did that. We here in the states only call it "the west," or, sometimes, if it fits a specific era, the "old west." So I never thought of what other folk might call it. And, if I'd been asked to guess, would have just assumed American west.

BTW, I live in the Northeast, which has it's own style of wooden homes called Cape Cods, or Capes. It's actually the style of my Cute Street home in my Studio. When I was in Italy several years ago I met someone who watched our animated American show Family Guy. The show is set in my home state of Rhode Island and features several Capes and similar homes. He was amazed to find out that the homes on the show represented our actual architecture. It is so different from anything that they have in Tuscany that he just assumed it was a fantastical style imagined by the show's creators. Although I am still amused by this, it does make me wonder just how limited his world view must be. After all, there are many other countries with not such different wooden home styles.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    Only within Europe we already have such differences in architecture! Weird that someone would assume that architectural style as fantasy. I never looked at that way, partly maybe because it makes sense looking at other shows that it's real.

Also when we refer to the old West we usually say Wild West (het Wilde Westen) in NL, we even have a small theme park on it, ponypark Slagharen.
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    It's the term in French (yes, we use English words for this expression). New York is west from here, already on the other side of the Atlantic, so everything western than that is… far west! :smirk:

I actually find the Sims very American-centred concerning architecture. I can easily make Cape Cod houses, or western, or even bayou, etc. Like, you find references pictures on Internet, practically all objects have an equivalent in style in the game. It's way more difficult to make a house look French, you end up with what American construction websites call "French" (and is really an American interpretation of it). The more diverse content is definitely in the store, that's why I even started looking at it.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Merelhyn

I have just downloaded both your builds but love the look of your Family house in the Far West which is defo going in AP when I start remodeling that world again and the little Hacienda is a perfect size/style for several worlds so downloaded and rec both.. I noticed you are doing something with points well as I own the store I still have 120 store points left you can gladly have if you let me know how I do that as although I noticed you have a wish list I decided it would be better to ask in case the points are better if you are saving them up for something bigger? I have sent you a friend request from the store as I think that's the first step..

I don't have much time these days to be on the forum due to RL and game problems I have had for a while but wanted to express my interest in your thread as I love all thing buildings and love to look at and use other players builds in my games as I am so rubbish at it myself plus I have been meaning to stop by since @Jude525 dropped by one of the threads i am also interested in relating to a specific custom world..

When I have the time I will be going back through the thread to look at everyone's builds as I am sure I will need the time for a downloading spree :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words @SPARKY1922! I love when people love my builds :smiley:

For points, you can't actually give points to another person, only gift them items. And you can't pool points with someone else to make a bigger gift either. That's why I'm cautious with my points right now: I'm waiting for the MMAO to offer me Lunar Lakes at 15% with only other items I want with. Because it's pretty unlikely that one person will have 2450 sp to gift around. And since @Jude525 added houses for this world in his Creative Game Wishlist I've seen beautiful creations which make me want to play it ^^.

You don't have to be friend with someone to be able to gift them, but it's necessary to communicate and the store is full of glitches. You usually need several attempts to gift someone successfully (basically, you need to watch your sp, it only went through if you did lose sp).

If you want to gift me, everything in my wishlist is fine. I try to keep it mostly ordered, with my favourite items on top, but the store frequently mess up the ordering. Right now I would say that for 120 sp my choices would be Grimmy Leather Teen and Walk through the Oaks but any gift ever make me really happy because it means people thought of me with kindness and that's such a warm feeling!
  • Options
    Hi @Merelhyn

See all this time I have been a member and I have only just started trying to remember to take notice of my store wall lol so there is still a lot I don't know for example I thought it would be reasonable and logical to be able to donate points so someone could save up for something bigger they wanted-)

I hope the 2 items you wanted came through okay and I will probably be able to donate more in the future because despite informing my family for at least the last 2 years that i own everything in the store they keep buying me points for birthdays Xmas etc..lol

oh one little favor you might be able to help me with is that on my wall I wanted to comment under your name where you posted your lot and that small line underneath saying add comment, well I add the comment but it does not post and there is no post or add button but if you know what i am doing wrong would be helpful as I am sure it is a stupid question but I simply cannot find out how to do it :)

GmOnXr0.png
  • Options
    I… actually don't know? I mean the website is bugged in so many different ways @SPARKY1922 that when things don't work I try not to obsess other this. I can't remember if I ever commented on an upload announcement on the website, since I prefer discussing on the forums or via private messages. I would have thought that answering in the "add comment" section would work but since it doesn't :confused:

I received your two gifts, thank youuuuuuu!
  • Options
    @Merelhyn

Don't worry I just thought you might know as other people seem to be able to comment okay in those boxes so it's either me missing something (would not be the first time-) or the stupid thing is glitchy i hope it's the latter :)
  • Options
    It may also be something stupid like we weren't friends when the announcement was made? You never know with this website @SPARKY1922…
  • Options
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    It's the term in French (yes, we use English words for this expression). New York is west from here, already on the other side of the Atlantic, so everything western than that is… far west! :smirk:

I actually find the Sims very American-centred concerning architecture. I can easily make Cape Cod houses, or western, or even bayou, etc. Like, you find references pictures on Internet, practically all objects have an equivalent in style in the game. It's way more difficult to make a house look French, you end up with what American construction websites call "French" (and is really an American interpretation of it). The more diverse content is definitely in the store, that's why I even started looking at it.

I love how language works haha!

And I so do agree on the biased architecture in Sims! I tried to build my own house, but it was literally impossible because there were no matching doors and windows. Italian and Spanish are somewhat doable with store stuff, Scandinavian is easy with store stuff, but British, Dutch, German, rather difficult... French architecture is a bit inbetween, city architecture is easier to manage than countryside architecture.
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    I love how language works haha!

And I so do agree on the biased architecture in Sims! I tried to build my own house, but it was literally impossible because there were no matching doors and windows. Italian and Spanish are somewhat doable with store stuff, Scandinavian is easy with store stuff, but British, Dutch, German, rather difficult... French architecture is a bit inbetween, city architecture is easier to manage than countryside architecture.

And even that… good luck making a 19th century Parisian building in sims. There is no doors, no windows, no fences, no wallpaper approaching. That's like, half of Paris. I can do a 70's suburb building but it's not exactly the pinnacle of French architecture.

I can still remember when my sister and I got "World Adventures" and we were:
    "I think it's supposed to be France…"
    "… If France was a pasteboard set in an American film…"

You have bow-windows and some Tudor stuff to make old British houses but that's it. German and Dutch, I wouldn't even know how to start…
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I agree, the game is HEAVILY weighted toward American design, with little effort to be internationally diverse. Other than some store content that mostly resembles furnishings and decor items an American could bring back from a vacation and use in their otherwise American home. Perhaps Mother Russia is an exception, but I am not familiar with true Russian design. I do not know if having these rooftop structures are enough to make a traditional Russian building possible.

Honestly, I have yet to visit WA's version of France, so I don't have any sense of what they've done with it. I know they did a decent job with Monte Vista's version of Tuscany. It may just be that they got the lighting correct. And, with Tuscany, that is half the battle. But, the lack of round walls makes the architecture within the city less than authentic.

I know that when I built my Hanging Gardens of Babylon I was extremely disappointed with the lack of options to even approach a classical middle Eastern design. I realized that most of the pieces from WA's Egyptian content was heavily themed for the tombs and were specifically Egyptian. I am not sure what I expected, as I am not an historian. But I know that what I ended up with more closely resembles a movie set assembled from items from previous productions. It didn't help that I also pulled in pieces from India Inspirations.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Lots of action in here but so far only one entry! It's looking good for Merelhyn!!

I haven't noticed the lack of diversity in architectural items, but then I'm not much of a builder. Would love to see some pictures of what y'all are talking about, especially pictures of the contrast between WA's France and the real one!
  • Options
    OK, this won't effect this month, but; is there someone who still has an active request that they are looking for submissions on? Some of the requests have been around from the beginning and had some results. I am looking to see who still hasn't received what they are looking for. Or still needs more of whatever category they requested.

I'm sorry, but this excludes the manor makeover. Goth is not my style. And there are a couple people already working on that one.

So, now that my OL yard is in order and my veg garden is in maintenance mode, let's see what I can whip up. I know summer may only make this thread less active, but that is why I want to do this. I know in the fall we will all be more active and I want this to be around when we reach that.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Jude525 The Goth Manor makeover that Regina suggested was perfect for my immediate need to film, though I had to buy Supernatural to make it work. :lol: Which I said I would never do but oh well. I'm leaving the makeover on my wishlist cause I would like makeovers without the Supernatural pack still. And yeah, Goth or Victorian is not my style either, which is why I needed help!

Anyway, sad news. The game is being closed after the drawing tomorrow. We've had 3 months with only 2 entries so there's just not enough interest. I'm surprised as we have all these people new to Sims 3 that I thought would enjoy being gifted store stuff, especially now that there's no ads! It could be that I've not been around enough or enthusiastic enough due to my life circumstances, so if anyone wants to give it a reboot, feel free. Depending on my circumstances and if no one else has tried, I may try a revival in the fall for a month to see how it goes.
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    @ZeeGee , wait, I'm going in-game right now to create something. I believe I will be done in a few hours max.
  • Options
    @ninaumi Awesome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top