Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ten Reasons I Never Want To Be A Sim

1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
1. No matter how carefully you view your surroundings, you always get run over by cars when bicycling.
2. Something, usually invisible, is always blocking you when you want to go somewhere.
3. Every time you start to do something, the action is magically cancelled and you find you are doing something totally different from what you had in mind.
4. It takes so long to harvest plants you are in danger of starving before you are done.
5. Nothing ever just breaks. No! It must spew water everywhere and flood the house or have random live wires that electrocute you.
6. Weirdos (usually married) are constantly calling for dates at 2 am.
7. When you go swimming you are taking your life in your hands. There is a good chance a wall will grow around the pool and you will never get out alive.
8. The best way to avoid untimely death is to constantly carry around a really ugly flower that probably stinks. This way you can also avoid friends, lovers, family, pets.
9. Bladder failure is a real problem.
10. You constantly feel as if someone is watching you and that you have no real control over your own life.

Comments

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    LOL!! Nothing to add right now but your reasons were great! :D
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hmm. Should we be concerned if most of the things on that list are true for us IRL anyway?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @igazor , Actually number 3 is a big problem for me IRL, I go halfway up the stairs and can't for the life of me figure out what I was going upstairs for! :o someone out there gave me the absent minded trait.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    It's really # 1, 6, and 10 that are the most challenging to deal with. But one gets used to # 6 eventually. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Lol OP :D As for 3 though, I've often wondered if maybe I am a sim.... :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    @1need4kaffee — ROFL! Great list!

@Charlottesmom — Same with # 3 for me! And # 2 is something that happens so often in my house IRL that I actually pretend sim route failure now. Everyone always leaves their ginormous shoes in the hallway, so I’ve gotten to the point where I just wave my arms in the air and holler, "Choo wagga choo choo!" It does get my point across when I say I can’t route to the stove to cook dinner. :wink: Yes, my family is used to me being a sim weirdo. :mrgreen:

And speaking of weirdos... @igazor — I want to apologize for that 2 am phone call—I was super juiced and forgot about the Relativity time difference. :grimace::lol:
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    1. No matter how carefully you view your surroundings, you always get run over by cars when bicycling.
    2. Something, usually invisible, is always blocking you when you want to go somewhere.
    3. Every time you start to do something, the action is magically cancelled and you find you are doing something totally different from what you had in mind.
    4. It takes so long to harvest plants you are in danger of starving before you are done.
    5. Nothing ever just breaks. No! It must spew water everywhere and flood the house or have random live wires that electrocute you.
    6. Weirdos (usually married) are constantly calling for dates at 2 am.
    7. When you go swimming you are taking your life in your hands. There is a good chance a wall will grow around the pool and you will never get out alive.
    8. The best way to avoid untimely death is to constantly carry around a really ugly flower that probably stinks. This way you can also avoid friends, lovers, family, pets.
    9. Bladder failure is a real problem.
    10. You constantly feel as if someone is watching you and that you have no real control over your own life.

Some of these things we do have to worry about in rl like #1 when someone does look both ways a couple of times before crossing the road and then all of a sudden, a speed demon comes out from no where and doesn't see you there as they are in too big of a hurry to get to where they are going to... :s

And sometimes I have #3 happen on occasion when I get a thought in my head and I go to do it only to forget what I'm about to do... :s

And I've had #6 happen also but it wasn't at no 2 am in morning. I've had guys ask me out on a date when I was working years ago and they all knew that I was married at the time.

#9 can also happen to some people who have lost control over themselves so they can't help if they let loose... :#

And #10 is another one that some of us feel like in life... :p
  • Options
    @lisasc360 So what you are saying is I really am a Sim and just think I have free will. :o If that is the case...KACHING!!! MOTHERLODE!! ROSEBUD!!

<sigh> nope. Didn't work. :s
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    @lisasc360 So what you are saying is I really am a Sim and just think I have free will. :o If that is the case...KACHING!!! MOTHERLODE!! ROSEBUD!!

<sigh> nope. Didn't work. :s

Hehehe, you don't know how many times that I wish that I could do the motherlode and all I rl... B)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    #3 is the story of my life ! I am so absent minded and easily distracted :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    11. Sometimes your kid looks like this :flushed:
    jzDl39.jpg
    G5QpfX.jpg
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Number 9 is too real. In my adult life it's happened twice because my husband and kids find it funny to make me laugh so hard I cant move, can't breathe, and they find it their goal to get me right after a big glass of tea. Does it help I was 9 months pregnant during one of those times and... older... the second? I have an evil funny bone, just saying. lol
  • Options
    There is a reason you find slogans on coffee cups that say "sometimes I pee a little when I sneeze". :#
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Lol @coco I always have that problem whenever I use HQ tweaks :< I went back to my old graphicsrules now because I had no patience to wait for the sim to load sometimes.
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    1. a fire starting in the house is something you will most likely experience at some point of your life, and even a couple of times seems reasonable.
    2. random friends keep demanding obssesive attention.
    3. you spend about 2 hours a day on making a microwave meal.
    4. even if you're destined to be a superstar singer, at the first time you'll use kareoke machine you'll embarrass yourself for sure.
    5. when you don't take a shower on time, it will be noticable even from a long distance just by looking at you.
    6. when someone you care about will die, not only you should suffer the agony, also some creepy dude in a black robe would make you panic.
    7. you wear the same clothes every day, every day...
    8. to be a promicing scientist/doctor, you should give up some organs first...
    9. as an adult, strangers will expose themselfs around you all the time without your consent
  • Options
    My brother works from home and #7 definitely applies. :| What I can't understand is when we ask him to an event half the time he begs off saying he has to do laundry... :p
  • Options
    LittlestGamer168LittlestGamer168 Posts: 88 Member
    I've got some reasons why you SHOULD be a Sim!

1. You don't have much laundry, as for each type of event, you wear the same thing!

2. You have someone eternally stopping you from giving your worst enemies heartfelt compliments!

3. When it comes to relationships, well, someone is just controlling you.

4. If you are okay at cooking, then you're practically IMMUNE to fire.

5. There is someone watching over you that has the power to move nice people in to your neighbourhood, and bad people out.

6. With a click, all your problems are sorted.

7. There is a way to avoid death!

8. NO ILLNESSES!

9. You can go IN TO SPACE with a just a bit of cash and a garden.

10. The person who watches over you can get you new clothes for FREE! (cc)

11. If something bad happens, you can go back a few hours.

Feel peaceful about treating your Sims like DIRT, cos they have these reasons that their life is better than ours! Well, we're still better than Sims because we have ENTIRE control over them!
    Why I play the sims is a question with a million answers.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    My brother works from home and #7 definitely applies. :| What I can't understand is when we ask him to an event half the time he begs off saying he has to do laundry... :p

Maybe he just has a lot of identical shirts and pants, because he likes that particular style so much? I once read an article in which the author told about moving to a new house and noticing the next door neighbor always wore the same clothes. She was making some private judgments about that neighbor until one day, the neighbor hung her laundry on a clothesline. It consisted of something like 20 identical shirts and 20 identical pairs of pants. LOL!
  • Options
    KikiJijiMagicKikiJijiMagic Posts: 26 Member
    More reasons...
    1. You only can have a limited amount of traits.
    2. Vampires, werewolves, witches, ghosts, unicorns, etc all exists.
    3. You will have a magical tool that can fix and upgrade things by just hitting it multiple times.
    4. You will be walked in on by random people who are invited into your house.
    5. The mail person will throw your bills on the ground.
    6. Burglars will sneak into your house to steal stuff with stealth and all you can do is watch and scream unless your brave enough to fight and watch them run away (or if your lucky to get the cops out there fast enough).
    7. Random objects will float from spirits that you don't even know.
    8. Cars can fit in your pocket (imagine carrying your car around in your pocket that ran over dirt and stuff or even sims).
    9. You can starve to death if you overslept and didn't get fed on time.
    10. Mummy's can curse you.
    11. You tend to get fat very easily (so me).
    12. Raccoons will knock your trashcan down.
    13. Random gnomes appear outta nowhere and it's creepy.
    14. Any person that you meet with a zodiac sign that goes well with yours will be attracted to you and send love letters as well as gifts.
    15. Food is limited as there isn't really that many to choose from.
    16. Vampires will target you and werewolves will sniff you out.
    17. I could keep going but I think I said enough. Lol.
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »

Maybe he just has a lot of identical shirts and pants, because he likes that particular style so much? I once read an article in which the author told about moving to a new house and noticing the next door neighbor always wore the same clothes. She was making some private judgments about that neighbor until one day, the neighbor hung her laundry on a clothesline. It consisted of something like 20 identical shirts and 20 identical pairs of pants. LOL!

Back in elementary school, boys and girls changed in the same room before P.E. (it's a small school) And one of my classmates had really weird underwear, which he wore basically every day. The boys used to mock him about it. One day his mother came into the school angry and asked if they don't have more than one of their favourite underwear :D
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    Back in elementary school, boys and girls changed in the same room before P.E. (it's a small school) And one of my classmates had really weird underwear, which he wore basically every day. The boys used to mock him about it. One day his mother came into the school angry and asked if they don't have more than one of their favourite underwear :D
    Granted, I haven't been in school for quite a while. But the thought of my mother coming in to have a chat with my peers about my underwear would probably have qualified for being one of my worst nightmares...you know, now that I think about it (thanks!), it still is. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    coco wrote: »
    11. Sometimes your kid looks like this :flushed:
    jzDl39.jpg
    G5QpfX.jpg

Holy geez...that is just about as scary as this Japanese urban legend about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noppera-bō " Noppera-bo.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @KikiJijiMagic It looks like you are confusing your arguments. Are you posting why you want to be a sim or don't want to be a sim? Personally, I would love to have a magic wrench that fixes everything, and wouldn't mind a pocket car if it wasn't so heavy it dragged down my pants. ;) But I don't want to starve or be mummy cursed. :o
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would want to be a sim because child birth consists of spinning in a circle.