SimGuruKimmi wrote: »
Now just to be clear, I am asking out of personal curiousity. There is no guarantee this will be a real implemented thing.
Nolthermo wrote: »
Best option would be makeing it free since it was in TS3 but If that's not possible, based on your ideas and resources either GP or SP just for cars.Game Pack
As compensation for it being paid content instead of free, it could bring wide array of possibilities such as cars actually having different quality based on their price and maintenance done on them, allowing car customization, repainting etc. Finally a lot where racing would be possible. Some new career.
If not enough resources and ideas, simply make cars more interactive, such as If Sim goes to work by car with enhanced seats, he'll feel more confortable, so basically cars alongside the animation of leaving the lot would give boost to Sim's needs when they leave with the car based on enhancements of the car. This way cars would have enough interactivity to be the gameplay object for roadway, town, racing or engineering based SP. The enhancements could be like Holder for cup filling Hunger need, Soft Seats filling Energy need, Radio filing Fun need etc. This way a Sim would fill they need before going to work or visiting another lot as result of buying a car and enhancing it.
Also all this could be part of Downtown EP in case you don't consider Get Together as one, since you are already splitting Latenight/Nightlife EP.
Simmer_Will wrote: »
I replied to Kimmi with some ideas I'd been working on for a new car-themed Game Pack a while back, tentatively titled "Burnin' Rubber".https://twitter.com/SimmerWill/status/883518344376332289
Ideas would include:
- Sims learning to drive in a new 5-level driving skill - mastering it earns you a license
- Sims can become mechanics in an all new active mechanic career based out of a new car garage lot type
- Mechanics will also need to work on the new 10 level Mechanic skill which will unlock the ability to upgrade your cars in different ways (underbody lights, custom horns, hydraulics) and could include unlockable items like a tow truck, garage items like tool chests, etc.
- Cops! This game pack could also introduce police officers (and police cars!) to the series with them being able to pull over your Sims (off-screen) for driving without a license, speeding/getting in an accident (low-level driving skill) or even for having a broken headlight (need to fix your car by bringing it to a garage or repairing it yourself!)
- Bicycles and motorcycles should be introduced in this pack, with bicycles being available for children and up - maybe even a cute little tricycle for toddlers!EDIT: It's important for the Gurus to understand that we don't necessarily want cars just to serve as transport from point a to point b, because in the Sims 4 we can just teleport. Therefore in-depth skills, upgrades, new lot type (garage), new career, etc. all become more of the focus rather than just driving like in TS3.
alexspoom13 wrote: »
Obviously we know cars aren't a guarantee, but the Gurus wanted our ideas for toddlers six months ago and now they're getting their own stuff pack...