Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List your ideas for car gameplay here one of the SimGurus wants to know

Comments

• Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I'd like cars mostly for storytelling purposes- like my wealthy family should be able to buy a ton of fancy cars or my poor family should drive a junker. I think cars in ts4 should work exactly like they did in 2 in that they just had the animation of sims getting into the car and the car pulling out of the driveway and fading away. Another reason I want cars is because garages are missing and are a big part of the design of most American homes. Fixing cars up/rebuilding them as a hobby, like the car from Freetime or the sims 3 store, would also be awesome.

I also saw an idea of having cars be able to take sims to new hidden lots, which I really like.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    Oh, I'd also like to be able to run a car dealership if you own get to work.
  • BirdyBirdy Posts: 91 Member
    edited July 2017
    The type of Car gameplay I would like to see in the sims 4, hmmmmm….. First I would like for Taxis and school buses to come back. I want for the sims to actually have to pay a fee for calling a taxi to take them to work. I think parents should have the option to take their kids to school, and maybe bikes for ages child - elder and tricycles for toddlers. I also feel like my sims are in desperate need of a new vacation destination, so maybe some kind of Road Trip game pack would be awesome. I would also like to see sims being able to be mechanics and they can work on their own car, and maybe help the neighbors as a sort of random event.
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I will take different stairs more than cars, why does everything have to be a pack of some kind, just a car that the sims can open doors to get in and out, listen to the radio, chat, kiss, cuddle, makeout, woohoo and try for a baby. Most of the packs I never use the added game play so why do I always have to buy it.......give us the car, then those who want the gameplay can buy that.
  • greeneyedsims1greeneyedsims1 Posts: 18 Member
    > @Simmer_Will said:
    > I replied to Kimmi with some ideas I'd been working on for a new car-themed Game Pack a while back, tentatively titled "Burnin' Rubber".
    >
    > https://twitter.com/SimmerWill/status/883518344376332289
    >
    >
    >
    > Ideas would include:
    >
    > - Sims learning to drive in a new 5-level driving skill - mastering it earns you a license
    > - Sims can become mechanics in an all new active mechanic career based out of a new car garage lot type
    > - Mechanics will also need to work on the new 10 level Mechanic skill which will unlock the ability to upgrade your cars in different ways (underbody lights, custom horns, hydraulics) and could include unlockable items like a tow truck, garage items like tool chests, etc.
    > - Cops! This game pack could also introduce police officers (and police cars!) to the series with them being able to pull over your Sims (off-screen) for driving without a license, speeding/getting in an accident (low-level driving skill) or even for having a broken headlight (need to fix your car by bringing it to a garage or repairing it yourself!)
    > - Bicycles and motorcycles should be introduced in this pack, with bicycles being available for children and up - maybe even a cute little tricycle for toddlers!
    >
    > EDIT: It's important for the Gurus to understand that we don't necessarily want cars just to serve as transport from point a to point b, because in the Sims 4 we can just teleport. Therefore in-depth skills, upgrades, new lot type (garage), new career, etc. all become more of the focus rather than just driving like in TS3.

------------------------

I LOVE these ideas by Simmer_Will! So many levels were thought about with a new 10-level Mechanic skill..customizable car paints (interior and exterior), can be added to the upgrades.

Adding to the Cops idea..they could ticket for not having insurance. It would be great to be able to buy different car insurance packages (small, medium, to large sized packages/different costs) to cover any off-screen bad luck chance cards if it involves needing to repair a flat tire/broken headlight, or even a car accident where the car might be totaled and you have to replace it, or just badly damaged, needs a new fender, etc.

With the hopeful release of SEASONS within Sims 4, having cars in place could be added onto with having a skilled mechanic be able to 'winterize' your car for a fee (with new tires with ice/snow traction, etc.) Summer time would bring overheated engines, and adding or repairing the air conditioning. Car batteries could go dead if the teenager left the lights on, and would have to be jumped or if old or cheap, be replaced by your local mechanic, etc.

All these ideas are something that could really beef up the game, and please have available all type of cars, broke down hoopties, of course, but then your nice family car sedans, wagons, vans, sports cars, cheap and expensive, luxury cars for the wealthier sims. Hiring taxis and limousines, or owning your own as a job/part-time job, may be possible....even if it was just rabbithole type stuff..let it go to the end of the neighborhood (for pics). It could take teens to their prom, or a newly married couple to their honeymoon or you can get calls from random sims to be taken somewhere in the taxi and you gain fares by doing it for your choice of how long..might be a night job for a sim, or might be full-time. And you have to keep your taxi or limousine in good condition.

I would buy a pack like this with a quickness!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    I know it's hard to understand for some players, because it's clear Sims fans are a very mixed bunch of people with very different preferences and perceptions (which, I also realize, makes creating this game a very complicated thing), but for players like me, driving a car that really travels through a neighborhood or world - taking the time it needs, just like irl - is as much gameplay as anything else. I always follow my sims while they are travelling (in TS3), always. It's one of the elements that causes I'm pulled in completely, the reason me and my sims become a merged entity almost while playing. What's important to me:

- they have to really drive around for me (sounds duh, but I care less about the animated cars than others do), driving for me is the focus
    - that being said, I think it's clear animations (stepping in and out, listenening to the radio, making out) is highly important to a majority of simmers, so I think it's a must (if they'd ever be introduced in this or a next game) that returns
    - a carshop would be an awesome detail, with the ability for players to pimp them up, repair them, create a showroom and sell them
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    I'd love to see a restorable car (or more than just the one model) like in The Sims 2 FreeTime. Also, I'd like to see bicycles and motorbikes as well, and maybe buses? My main thing is the restorable car.
  • louir58louir58 Posts: 24 New Member
    i would love to see a carpool picking you up for work and schoolbus but also not just teleport in the car no opening the door and seating also the abbility to call cabs would be nice if you dont have a car
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Opening doors that Sims actually get into. Driving in and out of the parking lot/garage.
  • modsmom3modsmom3 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love for them to be like the sims 2 cars. They could sit in them, make out, woohoo, listen to music, maybe even dance out side of the car if they have it playing loud. and some features from the sims 3 like you could teach your teen sims how to drive they'd just fade off the lot like in the sims 2, or you could have them drive up and down the street, though just fading off the lot sounds much more doable. at community lots they could just park in the street, or maybe you could have parking lot spaces and the car could just sit there. Also maybe you could have the option to build a car, they could have motorcycles for a rebellious type of sim too. and who knows maybe even later in a gamepack your sims could have helicopters like the sims 2 did too. Also if parking spots or helicopter pads aren't an option on a lot. they could just go into your inventory like in the sims 3. Lol sorry for typing so much, but I've had all these ideas in my head for the longest time!
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited July 2017
    Now just to be clear, I am asking out of personal curiousity. There is no guarantee this will be a real implemented thing.

I'm going to pretend like I didn't read that and give my ideas anyway.

First of all is not just "cars" Its transportation. Period. We need basic features back like schools bus and carpooling that has been in the game since... ts1. Then since we are already behind we need scooters cause they make sense in a European looking world like Windenburg and bicyles. As how they need to work, I don't know what you mean? They should work like they worked in ts1 and ts2 that didn't have open worlds either. Also since it's taking forever to have pets and we are only getting one EP per year we should get horses, there's more than enough time and it's not a new feature since it was in a previous game, the technology is there. Thats all really. Also if you want to fix the whole mess with creating not eco friendly objects for an eco themed pack maybe you could add bicycles then since at least we would get one thing that makes sense.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • NolthermoNolthermo Posts: 139 Member
    edited July 2017
    Best option would be makeing it free since it was in TS3 but If that's not possible, based on your ideas and resources either GP or SP just for cars.

Game Pack
    As compensation for it being paid content instead of free, it could bring wide array of possibilities such as cars actually having different quality based on their price and maintenance done on them, allowing car customization, repainting etc. Finally a lot where racing would be possible. Some new career.

Stuff Pack

If not enough resources and ideas, simply make cars more interactive, such as If Sim goes to work by car with enhanced seats, he'll feel more confortable, so basically cars alongside the animation of leaving the lot would give boost to Sim's needs when they leave with the car based on enhancements of the car. This way cars would have enough interactivity to be the gameplay object for roadway, town, racing or engineering based SP. The enhancements could be like Holder for cup filling Hunger need, Soft Seats filling Energy need, Radio filing Fun need etc. This way a Sim would fill they need before going to work or visiting another lot as result of buying a car and enhancing it.

Also all this could be part of Downtown EP in case you don't consider Get Together as one, since you are already splitting Latenight/Nightlife EP.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited July 2017
    Nolthermo wrote: »
    Best option would be makeing it free since it was in TS3 but If that's not possible, based on your ideas and resources either GP or SP just for cars.

Game Pack
    As compensation for it being paid content instead of free, it could bring wide array of possibilities such as cars actually having different quality based on their price and maintenance done on them, allowing car customization, repainting etc. Finally a lot where racing would be possible. Some new career.

Stuff Pack

If not enough resources and ideas, simply make cars more interactive, such as If Sim goes to work by car with enhanced seats, he'll feel more confortable, so basically cars alongside the animation of leaving the lot would give boost to Sim's needs when they leave with the car based on enhancements of the car. This way cars would have enough interactivity to be the gameplay object for roadway, town, racing or engineering based SP. The enhancements could be like Holder for cup filling Hunger need, Soft Seats filling Energy need, Radio filing Fun need etc. This way a Sim would fill they need before going to work or visiting another lot as result of buying a car and enhancing it.

Also all this could be part of Downtown EP in case you don't consider Get Together as one, since you are already splitting Latenight/Nightlife EP.

Pff. Probably gonna be in a GP cause this should have been in the game since day one and then have additions with the few EPs we've gotten. If this had been in the game like it was suppose to it could be a SP. We are gonna end up paying a much higher price for basic features in a game that came out in 2014
    21mbz47.jpg
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Here are my thoughts:

1. Taxis - Sims can call a taxi to pick them up.
    2. Jobs providing a car to go to work
    3. Since this isn't an open world, cars should just be used to travel for a second and then loading screen.
    4. Ability for teens to learn to drive in a rabbit hole. A secret skill would allow them to drive a car just like how the main object in the fitness stuff was implemented.
    5. Normal Cars for normal sims, Vintage Cars, Luxurious Cars, etc.
    6. Ability to wash the Car at home, repair the car, etc.
    7. Garage
    8. Ability to woohoo/mess around in the car and other romantic/friendly interaction.
    9. School Bus for Teens and Children and maybe a bus, too.
    10. Ability to drop and pick up Teens and Children at school in a rabbit hole. (This could appear on a message box asking if the sim should drop/pick up children at school).

That's all!
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    To be honest, cars are not that important to me from a gameplay aspect. I do miss them however as a decoration item. It is too sad, to always have to resize the toy cars, if you want to put in cars on your lot.

The one thing, that would interest me, would be like an old rusty car that you could restore to its former glory. Could be a parent/teenager activity or just an activity for a single sim.
  • RyanxSimsRyanxSims Posts: 11 New Member
    I know cars would be cool but do we really need them? It's obvious we aren't getting a open world so having a car wouldn't make enough difference create a style however is a sims 3 asset that would make a lot of difference in sims 4 or even more swatches!
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    I feel that there are way better ideas of stuff that could be brought into the game . we cannot drive round the neighbourhood so it would basically be the same as sims2 where they drive off and then reappear in the other lot and to me that would be pointless . repairing or rebuilding the cars kept you busy for a sim day then that was something else done with and forgotten

The only way it would be interesting for me is if there was a mechanic career where you worked in a garage and repaired or serviced them and the better your skill the harder the repairs or bigger the jobs and you could also do up your garage for more complicated jobs or hired other staff
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    This:
    I replied to Kimmi with some ideas I'd been working on for a new car-themed Game Pack a while back, tentatively titled "Burnin' Rubber".

Ideas would include:

- Sims learning to drive in a new 5-level driving skill - mastering it earns you a license
    - Sims can become mechanics in an all new active mechanic career based out of a new car garage lot type
    - Mechanics will also need to work on the new 10 level Mechanic skill which will unlock the ability to upgrade your cars in different ways (underbody lights, custom horns, hydraulics) and could include unlockable items like a tow truck, garage items like tool chests, etc.
    - Cops! This game pack could also introduce police officers (and police cars!) to the series with them being able to pull over your Sims (off-screen) for driving without a license, speeding/getting in an accident (low-level driving skill) or even for having a broken headlight (need to fix your car by bringing it to a garage or repairing it yourself!)
    - Bicycles and motorcycles should be introduced in this pack, with bicycles being available for children and up - maybe even a cute little tricycle for toddlers!

EDIT: It's important for the Gurus to understand that we don't necessarily want cars just to serve as transport from point a to point b, because in the Sims 4 we can just teleport. Therefore in-depth skills, upgrades, new lot type (garage), new career, etc. all become more of the focus rather than just driving like in TS3.

Combined with catloverplayer's ideas:

"Basically like both the TS2 and TS3 Store Car. I'd want one we could rebuild and repair and then the normal cars.

I'd love to see convertables

Also I'd love the option to see sims opening doors to get in and out,listen to the radio,chat,kiss,cuddle,makeout and woohoo and try for a baby.

No fogging of windows when sims makeout like in TS2 I want to see them like we could in the TS3 Store Car."

Equals an amazing addition to TS4!
  • TheuzTheuz Posts: 1 New Member
    - First, animations for the Sims to get in and out of the cars (simple details, but for me it makes all the difference).
    - I do not know if it would be possible, but it would be really cool if we could customize our own cars.
    - build garages.
    - A new world where cars could be driven
    - Driving ability
    - They are not cars, but it would be good for me to return some vehicles like the school bus, taxis, ice cream truck etc ...
  • LaatikkoLaatikko Posts: 4 New Member
    Honestly, sims 2 would be okay, but Simmer Will's idea with Burning Rubber is a fantastic idea! Even just that as a base would be great but things in it can be developed as well to make it a well rounded pack even more so! I would absolutely LOVE to have vintage cars, especially Station Wagons! (my favorite) and the addition to the rabbit hole events of crashes or tickets would be amazing!
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited July 2017
    gorgeous rad sports cars too please ((((:
  • ScaryMonsterScaryMonster Posts: 17 Member
    If nothing else, it would be nice to have a car gameplay object that you could interact with. Woohoo, travel to different neighborhoods, that sort of thing (I do not really like that traveling places is so dependent on the phone).

And real garage doors would be really nice.
  • ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    Honistly a stuff pack filled with a variety of cars and some driving style clothes would work. Just a simple driving out/in when going to a different area for the game feature. Maybe woohoo, make out and "cruze" (they drive off with out you and come back later with filled fun, and social if there are 2+ sims).

If there is time and budget for a more involved pack, actual driving with a racing car career, go carts/bumper cars for family fun (child to adult) motorcycle with races as well, being able to go watch such events with out it being a rabbit hole, new town area that had the track, as well as the go cart/bumpcar area. A plethora of driving clothes, from race car uniforms to punk leathers and vintage outfits for pleasure cruises. I liked the machanic idea posted. Maybe if sim has painting skill and machanic skill they can do custom paint jobs, starting with laughable jobs to high quality as they skill up. I'd want a wide range of types, beaters, family cars, sporty, luxury (the quality of car impacting success rate of asking to woohoo would be funny too).

If it was a bigger pack I'd want to see bikes and trikes for toddlers too, usable on local street or park path (like when jogging) and maybe a bike/skateboard park feature with tricks.

One peeve I have with sim 3 cars is when I want my sim to walk they hop in a car, even getting a taxi when they are broke (and they just need to go 50 yards down the street). So making cars optional and not making it the first thing sim does if they have to go across the street would be nice.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    The way Sims 2 offered a driveway animation would be great in the Sims 4. I don't like the car appearing out of thin air and then the sim is in the car. My suggestions for bicycles is stingray bikes, also motorcycles need to be added to the game. I like the building of junk cars for a car enthusiast trait. A different variety of junk cars to build like these below:
    Hot rod cars
    A18zLc9.jpg
    Volkswagen theme car
    ORNtMlr.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Obviously we know cars aren't a guarantee, but the Gurus wanted our ideas for toddlers six months ago and now they're getting their own stuff pack... :)

Yeah they did didn't they? :D