Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The ULTIMATE Farming/ Farm Life GAME PACK!

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    gaiagardenergaiagardener Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love a Sims hobby farming/homesteading game so much I'd pay full price for it! I'd love to see chickens and cows and the ability to sell eggs, fresh produce, etc at a roadside stand or farmers market. Also, cheesemaking, beekeeping, chopping firewood, canning/preserving and lots of farm-appropriate outfits. It would be cool to have to protect chickens from predators like raccoons or coyotes. Oh and using manure from farm animals to fertilize crops would make it more realistic. Maybe also compost bins, solar panels for off-grid homesteading, herbal medicine making, wildcrafting, many new fruit and veggie options. And make it realistic, not ridiculous (ie- no "cowplant"). I have no idea if all this could fit in a game pack.. maybe it would be better as an expansion or a stand alone game..? But I'd pay top dollar for a game like this.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I think this would be better done as an expansion pack than a game pack. Lots more harvestables should be added, lots more recipes, lots more crafting and different skills, everything from the Off the Grid stuff pack suggestions, and a new world with large farm lots and a farmer's market.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2018
    I think this would be better done as an expansion pack than a game pack. Lots more harvestables should be added, lots more recipes, lots more crafting and different skills, everything from the Off the Grid stuff pack suggestions, and a new world with large farm lots and a farmer's market.

I really do hope they add new harvestables and the Nectar Maker (has been so fun in TS3)

I'd love if we get a world full of 64x64 and 50x50 lots! :)
    There aren't many big lots right now
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Cozy farm houses
    MTS_keef1973-1079219-YasfarmAll.jpg
    MTS2_Ultimah_640897_01.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    I like this idea and I like the off the grid concept as well. I would throw my money at EA for a gamepack or an expansion pack like this. And it would be cool if they made the farming world an open world so that if they brought back horses we would be able to ride them around town. Or at least open neighborhoods. I would love jam making. Ugh...this pack sounds amazing.
  • Options
    sahmormakstevmomsahmormakstevmom Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love a Farming aspect to the world. horsedrawn plows and buggies, cows, pigs, goats, geese, sheep, llamas, alpacas, ducks and chickens.
    throw in a butcher too. raise the animal and send off to the butcher get meats back.
    Have the ability to hunt for wildlife. Get back to nature
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    This would be amazing <3
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    All of these ideas are fantastic!
    I would personally like:

Lots where sims can go apple picking and pumpkin picking.
    Sunday farmers markets set up in all of the different worlds.
    Horses/other farm animals.
    Derbies and horse races/horse riding skills.
    Jam making.
    Bee keeping.

Also I would like just some open country homes like in the English and Irish countrysides where they're not necessarily farms but they are beautiful old cottages with some chickens and ducks living in the middle of fields of green and rivers and trees. If anyone on here has seen Beatrix Potter's cottage I think it is lovely.
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    My grandma wanda mom's mom lives in the country and I've always wanted to as well this game pack would fulfill one of my lifes dreams!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Quilting would be a must or something like it that creates fabric from the wool we would get from sheep.
  • Options
    Awesome yes please let us have that!
  • Options
    Suika7Suika7 Posts: 22 Member
    I want this so bad I have no words to describe it. Let me say this, adding a farming/country pack to TS4 would take me away from my Harvest Moon games and bring me back fully to TS4.
  • Options
    Knight-QuixoticKnight-Quixotic Posts: 1 New Member
    Definitely. If I saw something like this up for sale, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Most of the Sims packs/expacs haven't really looked particularly interesting to me, and I've found the somewhat stagnant world to be a bit of a disappointment in contrast to the earlier games. This installment has a lot of potential, but it's still missing it's soul. Things like a genuine, involved farming expac and seasons would most likely change my tune.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Farm animals could be easily implemented:
    They work like the roomba from Cats & Dogs! You buy the "loading station", which in the farm animal's case is the chicken coop or cow barn. Then the animals do various interactions like eating grass or producing eggs (that can be collected by Sims).
    They are no actual part of the household, so they don't take up a slot in your family like pets.
    animals5.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    pppiano99pppiano99 Posts: 3 New Member
    This would be amazing. I would pay for a farming expansion in a heartbeat
  • Options
    Sprinklers would also be a really good addition to a farming Game Pack!
    When you have a big farm with many harvestables and big fields, you could use sprinklers so that the plants get watered autonomously.
    tumblr_p3iec19fvy1v4pdue_og_1280.png
    tumblr_p3hciiVt3Q1v4pdueo1_500.png

Developers @SimGuruNinja there is already a mod created for sprinklers, so it wouldn't be impossible to add them!
    https://brazenlotussims4.wordpress.com/2018/02/02/functional-garden-sprinkler/

You might also want to look at this mod: https://brazenlotussims4.wordpress.com/2017/12/08/harvestables-overhaul/
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I will pay anything for a live stock farming pack, I think I've said this before in an older thread somewhere and I will say it again. We never really had a pack dedicated on farming before so I would really like to see this come forth.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    I will pay anything for a live stock farming pack, I think I've said this before in an older thread somewhere and I will say it again. We never really had a pack dedicated on farming before so I would really like to see this come forth.

Yeah and a Game Pack now would be a perfect fit for the Farming theme! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Yes to all of this!
  • Options
    MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    AgentJulia wrote: »
    All of these ideas are fantastic!
    I would personally like:

Lots where sims can go apple picking and pumpkin picking.
    Sunday farmers markets set up in all of the different worlds.
    Horses/other farm animals.
    Derbies and horse races/horse riding skills.
    Jam making.
    Bee keeping.

Also I would like just some open country homes like in the English and Irish countrysides where they're not necessarily farms but they are beautiful old cottages with some chickens and ducks living in the middle of fields of green and rivers and trees. If anyone on here has seen Beatrix Potter's cottage I think it is lovely.

I would love a farming off the grid style expansion pack. A lot of the ideas I have read on this thread sound amazing.
    IF we do get this in our game, I personally hope they create a British countryside world with stone thatched cottages or old slate roofs, big fields lined with old stone walls or hedgerows. Ponds, streams or babbling brooks with ducks, geese and swans. Foxes, rabbits and badgers. Rustic decor. Wood burning stoves.
    Chickens, sheep, cows for pets and eggs wool and milk/cheese (... not to be slaughtered though, I couldn't handle that), Horses, bees and beekeeping!!
    New harvestables, recipes, plants and trees, eco-friendly items like solar, wind power and composting.
    Canning or preserved goods/jam making. Bring back nectar making. It would be great to have more use for all our harvested goods.
    Country fayres ( I liked the seasonal fayres in sims3.. something like that), traditional English style pubs/eateries, farmers markets, knitting, sewing, crafting.
    With the addition of seasons... this would make me a much happier simmer.
  • Options
    LadyPenguinLadyPenguin Posts: 21 Member
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > Farm Life <3
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > (Image)

Is there any way I can get this in my Sims 4 game? It's so beautiful :')
  • Options
    LadyPenguinLadyPenguin Posts: 21 Member
    Ugh, farming would be so cool. I would also like to see an EP for an amusement park. :)
  • Options
    Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    Farm Life <3
    MTS_Buckley-1273404-Screenshot-174.jpg
    sims_3_colonial_farm_house_by_ramborocky-d8qnuau.jpg
    tumblr_ne8qz1T6G11rcrwvyo8_1280.jpg

OMG these pictures make me miss the sims 3 so much!! :( I'm really debating attempting to redownload the sims 3
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    A farm pack should be an EP with a new rural world.

YES. The sims really needs a natural world with little dirt roads and the default lots should have smaller, farm-like houses and lots of wilderness all around.