Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The ULTIMATE Farming/ Farm Life GAME PACK!

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Water wells and windmills and crops! That also have a chance to break or dry up and thus starve/dehydrate your sims to death! Yeah! And I think I would prefer a lot trait to turn off water and electricity so that we can use the feature anywhere, so it gives us more flexibility. And definitely farm animals! Plus, coyotes and foxes to come after the chickens and small domestic animals! And we should have even more dilapidated build walls and roofs with holes and stuff to build really run down farm shacks! And outhouses too!

Okay, I'm on board! >:)
    #Team Occult
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    To be the ultimate Farming EP for me, it would have to contend with Farming games out there and really pack a punch.
      [
    • Antiques-old record player both modern & one where it reads notes of raised notes, old stand up radio, other types found at an antique place
    • Farm animals that aren't controlled so we can buy as many as we want <3
    • Diff colors of animals
    • ability to breed/sell animals- which is real life
    • tractor and other farm equipment-hay baler, tiller?(for the small farmer),
    • pump
    • barn
    • machines to make products with the products from the animals(like in Happy Acres on Facebook)
    • THE LARGEST LOT AVAILABLE LIKE IN S3
    • Farmer as a career
    • more crops like greenbeans, squash, poke, grains for feeding animals and for us ect.
    • Farmers market lot to sell/buy animals & animal products
    • different fence type- cheap stick, plank, white & pretty, electric <3>:)
    • Feed cows with hay
    • hay baler- choice to make round or square bales
    • ability to give old food to pigs
    • feed chickens with grains we buy at farmer's market or make ourselves
    • fenced pen for chickens; chicken wire and ability to buy what we see at Farmers market as much as we want
    • animals die if not fed like the cow plant
    • well; die if fall in-warning sim is too close to the well and ability to use pail to get water and open the well
    • porch swing
    • hay bale woohoo or give to animals interactions
    • water troughs, feed troughs, sweet feed, bottled milk, salt block, grains, and the items above to buy at Farmer's market/store
    • Cow/animal rejects offspring so you have to sell or buy bottled milk @ Farmer's market until it becomes adult w/age up choice
    • scare crow; birds destroy a crop(1),
    • old wire door
    • rag doll for toddler
    • jax , paddle ball, jump rope for kids
    • chew on hay strand action
    • canning, sewing, candle making
    • barrel type shower
    • outhouse to buy <3
    • antique rocking chair
    • sweeping with real broom/dustpan action
    • sacks to put grain in or other products for sale or storage
    • stray small rocks
    • weeds-chiggers, buttercups, dandelions- yellow and white w/blowing action
    • switch for whipping toddlers/kids/teens for misbehavior- since biting made it in, this would be a real addition.
    • nodding to say "hi".
    • homestyle recipes
    • farm bonnets for all ages female; straw hats for all ages/sexes
    • farm dresses, farmy look over alls
    • shoes with holes all ages

The Animals-you can buy as many as you want/breed them/sell them; they turn grey when elder animal:
    • cows-red/white, red, black, black/white, white...milking/feed hay, sweet feed, salt block
    • pigs-pink, black/white...feed with left overs & grains
    • chickens/hens- white, speckled, brown, ect.; chicks-yellow, black, ect. roosters-red, speckled, ect. collect eggs on ground like easter eggs in S3- feed with chicken food/grains
    • goats- white, black, speckled, brown, tan, ect.- milking - feed left overs, grains
    • sheep-white ect...sheer/sell wool - feed left overs, grains
    • bunny rabbit- white, black, speckled, grey, ect. feed grains

This is the one EP that I would love to have and really requested for Sims 3. B)
  • lornalexlovelornalexlove Posts: 106 Member
    I would buy this in a heartbeat. I have sims who live in the city, the suburbs, mansions, tiny homes, etc - I love having different living options. Also, the related craftable and harvestable (and sellable) stuff would be the icing on the cake. Would love to have nectar making, canning, brew making, chicken coops, beehives, candle making, soap making, sewing and other things people have mentioned!
    happily simming since 2000
  • DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I would buy this in a heartbeat as well! Loving all of the ideas!
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Yes! One of my most wanted in this series of the sims. I would love to have a farming GP, ready to give my money. Your ideas are awesome, just hope they will give us this.
    The cows, ducks, chickens, horses, or llama(lol), goats, pigs, etc. at least some of the animals. Also the hayride wouldn't be an Ole' hayride without the tractor.
  • mollytrollyzmollytrollyz Posts: 63 Member
    I wouldn't like this without tv/electricity, I hope they don't confine horses to this kinda of world/ep, in sims 3 you could own a horse in the city if you wanted.
  • RedlipshansoloRedlipshansolo Posts: 8 New Member
    So much please!
    Woodchopping too, and have fire making a skill!
  • danibostoniandanibostonian Posts: 145 Member
    Furkean wrote: »
    I wish that they would give us this EP instead of eco living themed kind of SP

there giving us freaking laundry, I'd muhch rather have this
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I was thinking about this today and here's what I came up with-
    -Off the grid lot trait (as proposed for the stuff pack), with the possibility of completely living without electricity and running water. They'd need to add candles that can be used as lights (and tag them as such, not sure if the game recognizes them as non-electric already), some kind of fridge that doesn't require electricity, an outhouse, etc.
    -A couple of different types/sizes of chicken coops, with the ability to buy and sell chickens (to stock the coop at first and then to sell to make money). Eggs that aren't collected either hatch into chickens or, if the coop if full, go bad. Eggs and chickens can both be sold. There should be different breeds or colors of chickens.
    -Farmer career where sims are essentially self-employed (but maybe need to fulfill a few objectives on a regular basis in order to keep the career or something like that)
    -Farmers market that is very similar to the festival system, except it occurs weekly. Instead of just selling things from your inventory, you can take your produce and eggs to the farmer's market and sell them from a booth (very similar to the system already in place from City Living). Your sim can also buy rare produce/seeds and collectables at the market as well as pies and other ready-made meals.
    -A variety of CAS items with different rural themes, from Amish to provincial France. Think beards without mustaches, overalls, suspenders, wide brimmed hats, and simple dresses with aprons.
    -New produce, including corn and wheat. Maybe new farming animations like hoeing.
    -Simple/plain household furniture that would fit in a traditional farmhouse as well as rocking chairs and rocking horses for toddlers.
    -A new world, obviously.
  • AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    Sounds great! Particurly if the off the grid feature was a lot trait so you could use it where ever you want.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Thanks for all your support for a Farming Game Pack! :)

What about adding a solar cooker to the Pack? When you live "Off the Grid" you have no electricity (unless you have a generator) so you could cook with a solar cooker.
    a256aFi.gif
  • SisselinSisselin Posts: 150 Member
    I have been dreaming of this expansion pack since the sims 1 <3
    Get my cc and follow me on tumblr here https://sisselin.tumblr.com/tagged/my cc
    tumblr_p44az47wrF1wvxve9o10_r1_1280.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited July 2017
    I would like a pack more focused on Country living because I don't want to play only farm, I want to change the everyday life of my sims with a new lifestyle.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I definitely want a farming pack but I don't think the off the grid restrictions and chores need to be added to it. Some people would want more modern farms that use electricity. I'd rather the concepts be separate but other than that I want nearly everything you listed. My tops are canning and nectar making, new plants especially crop types maybe some new trees too as you said. I'd love a pecan tree also with the peaches. Pecan Pie!
    I'd like to have some animal possibilities like chickens.
    I'd love to see llamas as the possibility to shear and milk .. because it's the sims. I guess cows would be better recieved though lol.
    I want beekeeping also.
    You could have a farm that just specialized in one thing or do a bunch of stuff.
    I loved the banjo idea.. especially if we could have a dualing banjo animation/possibility. I would so make a Deliverance Shack..
    egTcBMc.png
  • ashaifeashaife Posts: 42 Member
    This would be a great EP and I'd love to see the world for it. Idk about no electricity or plumbing, because farms do have those these days. I do still think that the water pumps and windmills would be a fantastic addition, though. I really saw those for this kind of pack when we were voting on the Eco Living features. It would be a pretty amazing upgrade from TS3's Appalooza Plains.

In addition to everything you mentioned, I agree that it would be so fun to have a country fair come to town every once in a while, like the festivals in San Myshuno. We could see a return of the hot dog eating contests, or like ChampandGirlie mentioned, pie judging stands, a variety of game stands (like how the festival booths have varieties), and maybe even a social harvesting event where friends come over and help you harvest your crops. Fishing contests would be fun, too!

I'd also love to see a better way to sell harvestables (and other things) on an open retail lot, as well. We have the base for the table (for flea markets), but it would be nice to be able to order them more neatly with crates and the like. And imagine the adorable CAS stuff we would get! More boot styles, country shorts, flannel tops and tees, cute hats ... man xD
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I'd also add cows (for milk, butter, cheese) and a tractor! We know it's possible, EA. You've done it before!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • OoAtomicKittenoOOoAtomicKittenoO Posts: 47 Member
    Death by bees! New murder!
    What about if they ever implement cars ( the cars hype that is going on now oooh man <3 ) and horses ( yes please <3) Then in the farming pack they could have a more off the grid option like if you have a horse you can buy a cart and tie it up to 1 or 2 horses and use that as a car! And covered wagons instead of tents *___* Probably going waaay to far here but a girl can dream <3
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    I don't know if this would match completely or if someone mentioned this, but I would love if they included the ability to create their own nectar or juice (or what ever is the equivalent to alcohol), kind of like moonshine.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Also I think the eco living sp is more of hippy style while this would be more country side style. Both are cute and can be used together, but definitely different styles.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Otoyo wrote: »
    Also I think the eco living sp is more of hippy style while this would be more country side style. Both are cute and can be used together, but definitely different styles.

Hippies don't have washers and dryers.
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Otoyo wrote: »
    >
    > Also I think the eco living sp is more of hippy style while this would be more country side style. Both are cute and can be used together, but definitely different styles.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hippies don't have washers and dryers.

But there will also be the washing tub and clothes drying line as alternatives =)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sisselin wrote: »
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Otoyo wrote: »
    >
    > Also I think the eco living sp is more of hippy style while this would be more country side style. Both are cute and can be used together, but definitely different styles.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hippies don't have washers and dryers.

But there will also be the washing tub and clothes drying line as alternatives =)

The Eco pack has become a laundry pack and will no doubt be renamed when it is time for us to vote on the name. There is precious little ECO anything in this pack now. None of the eco stuff got enough votes. So, non-eco laundry it is.
  • GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    I want this so bad , I like to see this in the future of the Sims 4.