Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enough unwanted packs! EA! Give what customers want!

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Maybe season will be restricted only to specific hoods like the original sims... I wont be so upset although I think this will upset many people :)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Maybe season will be restricted only to specific hoods like the original sims... I wont be so upset although I think this will upset many people :)

That would be absolutely awful and everyone should be upset if that happened.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I believe SimGuruDaniel (I think it was him?) has stated words on twitter in the past to the effect that he would be in favor of seasons applying to everywhere, not only to a specific zone, if they were to do them. So not a promise exactly, but an indication that they are conscious of it.

Personally, I can't see them implementing seasons and having it only apply to a specific zone; not with the kind of attention to detail they've had with packs like vampires and parenthood. I just couldn't imagine those same designers looking at seasons and saying, "Yup, it should go in a [this-season-only] zone and appear nowhere else!"
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    No one asked for Parenthood, yet it may be one of the best packs in the Sims history. The game packs have been very good quality (with the possible exception of Outdoor Retreat and I cut it a little slack because it was the first ever "Game Pack" and the developers were still getting a feel for what the full scope of game packs could entail); we've got better family play now than at any time during the run of The Sims thanks to Parenthood, and with the Vampires GP we got way better vampires. I'm hoping for similar detail when they get around to doing either Witches or a general Magic pack. And when you consider we're getting actual game play items in SPs for half the price we paid for just "stuff" in previous SPs, they're actually a decent deal.

The developers are simply trying to provide content -- not just the old favorites like supernaturals and pets and (hopefully) seasons, but they also need to provide new content in order to keep the game feeling fresh and not just the same old same old with a shiny new veneer. But when they do go out on a limb and provide that new content (active careers, clubs, city life that's about more than just nighttime), they get blasted for it by certain sectors of the community, including those that freely admit they don't even play the game.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2017
    To be honest I don't really care about y'all, I request things that would please myself and if they, and you all agree, than lets have a good time... If not, keep stepping.

If I was making a video game, I would design it the way I want it. Don't get life twisted I'll listen to players, and if you request something, and it hinders my plan, I'm going to ignore you.

Which is very bias and one-sided for me to say, I hate Sims Witches in the past and I want them to do Sorcerers, (Ultimately I just want the Life State Name Changed from "Witch" to "Sorcerer" and wands made optional thats really. I don't really want to go to a "Magic University." and I'm going to keep spamming the forums with my ideas, because I'm that, selfish, petty, and passionate in my beliefs and I think/would like to believe my idea fits the vision.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    To be honest I don't really care about y'all, I request things that would please myself and if they, and you all agree, than lets have a good time... If not, keep stepping.

If I was making a video game, I would design it the way I want it. Don't get life twisted I'll listen to players, and if you request something, and it hinders my plan, I'm going to ignore you.

Which is very bias and one-sided for me to say, I hate Sims Witches in the past and I want them to do Sorcerers, (Ultimately I just want the Life State Name Changed from "Witch" to "Sorcerer" and wands made optional thats really. I don't really want to go to a "Magic University." and I'm going to keep spamming the forums with my ideas, because I'm that petty, and I think/would like to believe my idea fits the vision.

Laughing here in a good way. But, but you are so selfish and, and you should look out for the whole community of simmers! Right? The needs of the many forum users should come before the needs of the few!
    Okay in case someone thought I wasn't trying to be funny. I agree. I want what I want in the game. I feel empathy at times for those that don't get what they want.. if they aren't a crazy headache to listen too anyway but still if they want something I don't I hope my dream wins out.
    I've never enjoyed Sim Witches in past games either. I'm personally hoping for a more Wiccan approach frankly but they don't have to be named Wiccans I just want to have the tools to make them fun to play on a daily basis. I'd be willing to give anything they produce under that magic umbrella a spin though. But I still hope my want wins over yours, nyah!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Which is very bias and one-sided for me to say, I hate Sims Witches in the past and I want them to do Sorcerers, (Ultimately I just want the Life State Name Changed from "Witch" to "Sorcerer" and wands made optional thats really. I don't really want to go to a "Magic University." and I'm going to keep spamming the forums with my ideas, because I'm that, selfish, petty, and passionate in my beliefs and I think/would like to believe my idea fits the vision.
    My magic users cast from INT, not CHA. You can keep your sorcerers. Nothing more than hedge wizards, and a hedge wizard never amounted to anything in this world.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I just want a general Magic pack back, and people can call their magic users whatever they want. I also want it easier for a normal Sim to become a magic user -- I don't want them to have to be born into a specific bloodline or have to seek out a more powerful mage to be "turned." And I'd prefer the term "mage" to "witch" or "sorceror", so there. B) If players want to have green skin or a big wart on the nose, fine -- but I don't want that sort of thing forced on my Sims.

That doesn't mean all my mages will be equally accomplished in using magic. If a mage is lazy and doesn't bother to practice and study, their spells are going to be less successful. And powers can atrophy if you don't practice or use them. Maybe special jewelry, like a pendant or necklace, that will enable mages to more directly focus their power, a different colored jewel for different types of power. If we're willing to wait until after Seasons (which might be a bit far in the future), mages could have elemental powers, like a localized rainstorm to water their gardens or blast a chilling Ice Spell at a Sim that is annoying them. Or we can get our mages now then they can patch in the elemental powers if/when Seasons comes along. (I'd also like to have Vampires able to be out more in cloudy weather since there's no direct sunlight, and maybe Aliens not affected by weather changes, but that's derailing the topic a bit.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    OP, no disrespect meant, but you do not speak for me. I finally got my vampires, and now I am patiently waiting for fairies, seasons, online dating, likes/dislikes, pets, zodiac compatibility, darkwave music and a few other CAS/quality of life features to be implemented.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I just want a general Magic pack back, and people can call their magic users whatever they want. I also want it easier for a normal Sim to become a magic user -- I don't want them to have to be born into a specific bloodline or have to seek out a more powerful mage to be "turned." And I'd prefer the term "mage" to "witch" or "sorceror", so there. B) If players want to have green skin or a big wart on the nose, fine -- but I don't want that sort of thing forced on my Sims.

That doesn't mean all my mages will be equally accomplished in using magic. If a mage is lazy and doesn't bother to practice and study, their spells are going to be less successful. And powers can atrophy if you don't practice or use them. Maybe special jewelry, like a pendant or necklace, that will enable mages to more directly focus their power, a different colored jewel for different types of power. If we're willing to wait until after Seasons (which might be a bit far in the future), mages could have elemental powers, like a localized rainstorm to water their gardens or blast a chilling Ice Spell at a Sim that is annoying them. Or we can get our mages now then they can patch in the elemental powers if/when Seasons comes along. (I'd also like to have Vampires able to be out more in cloudy weather since there's no direct sunlight, and maybe Aliens not affected by weather changes, but that's derailing the topic a bit.)
    Mages? Mages?!?! What are we, millennials? I'd be a shiftless sorcerer before being a mage. Talk about the bottom of the barrel. Vance!

A magic pack featuring magic use as a skill rather than a life state would be something I am very interested in.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2017

I think it would upset some people especially in this day and time when technology now allows Devs to do more than years past. It is like the situation in CL where you cannot truly build apts and must adapt with a dumbed down apt setting and cannot not have apts outside of one neighborhood.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    I'm going to throw out my opinion too. I disagree with the OP. These aren't unwanted packs. I think they are giving the customers what they want.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Which is very bias and one-sided for me to say, I hate Sims Witches in the past and I want them to do Sorcerers, (Ultimately I just want the Life State Name Changed from "Witch" to "Sorcerer" and wands made optional thats really. I don't really want to go to a "Magic University." and I'm going to keep spamming the forums with my ideas, because I'm that petty, and I think/would like to believe my idea fits the vision.

Laughing here in a good way. But, but you are so selfish and, and you should look out for the whole community of simmers! Right? The needs of the many forum users should come before the needs of the few!
    Okay in case someone thought I wasn't trying to be funny. I agree. I want what I want in the game. I feel empathy at times for those that don't get what they want.. if they aren't a crazy headache to listen too anyway but still if they want something I don't I hope my dream wins out.
    I've never enjoyed Sim Witches in past games either. I'm personally hoping for a more Wiccan approach frankly but they don't have to be named Wiccans I just want to have the tools to make them fun to play on a daily basis. I'd be willing to give anything they produce under that magic umbrella a spin though. But I still hope my want wins over yours, nyah!

Obviously I'm joking, kind of... Exactly! If I really don't agree with another's idea, and it's not a crazy headache to listen to, I would try to influence their idea, and make feasible for me without hindering my own play style. But if I can't do it, I won't say anything.

And there should Be a little bit of everything.

Sorcerers, Wiccan, Wizard, Mage, Druid, Witch.
    I'd interested in seeing Pentagrams, using the cosmos, and such to do Summoning spells, like Raising the dead = Zombies, vampires.

Mainly I'm interested in seeing these types of spells:
    Arcane - The Initial Start of being a Sorcerer.
    Light and Dark magic
    Teleportation
    Elements (Fire/Lightning, Water/Ice, Earth, Air, Spirit)
    Potion/Curse Crafting
    Transformations (Spells not potions)
    Summoning - Specific Sims to your side.
    Enchanting (Upgrading household objects, creating your own magic mirror, a broom to fly.
    Forbidden magic - ripping out a heart and controlling another sim, Necromancy

I just wanted Sorcerers because the character I want to create I designed him as a Sorcerer, and I feel, lo' I know calling him anything else would debase him, Sims 3 Supernatural saw to that.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2017
    Well, I think Pets are rumored to be the next pack, so you might get your wish. :smile:

I am liking the game (outside of some bad Sims AI and a few bad bugs) so far, but I am personally waiting for Pets, Generations content, a tropical island (with swimmable oceans), or more varied vacations, mermaids, and fairies. :smile:

OMG, my Sims 4 life would be so complete with all of the above, plus Seasons later on.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,457 Member
    Witches, wizards, sorcerers, mages, wiccans, druids, necromancers, enchantresses, and voodoo mambos!!! ALL of the magic users using a choice of wands, hands, brooms, bones, staffs, globes, books....and born, apprenticed, studied, enchanted, enhanced, created..... Plus the magic....THE MAGIC!!!! Spells, potions, enchantments, hexes, curses, resurrections, manipulations, wards, enhancements, charms, shapeshifting, rituals, banishments, familiars.....

Yes!! Give us all of the awesome!! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Witches, wizards, sorcerers, mages, wiccans, druids, necromancers, enchantresses, and voodoo mambos!!! ALL of the magic users using a choice of wands, hands, brooms, bones, staffs, globes, books....and born, apprenticed, studied, enchanted, enhanced, created..... Plus the magic....THE MAGIC!!!! Spells, potions, enchantments, hexes, curses, resurrections, manipulations, wards, enhancements, charms, shapeshifting, rituals, banishments, familiars.....

Yes!! Give us all of the awesome!! <3

Yes! I would love a Magic Pack (gamepack or expansion)! :smile:

(Even if it's not specifically fairy-stuff, I can easily just put a fairy outfit on my mages/witches/sorcerers and create Dark/Nightmare Fairies and Light/Dream Fairies out of them.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    LesboKnope wrote: »
    You know, if you think that the modders are doing a better job than EA, you could just download mods and save the money that you would have spent on packs. I personally feel like we've gotten things that I'm very happy about and if you feel like the modders do that for you and EA can't, I don't really see what you're on about.

I am a "veteran" player, but I am loving all of you new members. I am happy to have you join the sims family and welcome to the forums. By the way I like the new way things are done as well, and I have been playing since Sims 1.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Lol..... This thread took an unexpected turn. :lol:
    OP probably thought they were being the voice of the people, but just like politics, you're not really speaking for everyone. Sorry bud. Ya tried.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Breh, why does everyone always speak in the "we" form here. I don't care if you hate or love the game, but it's your opinion, not ours. Look, I don't like every pack, hell some are even poorly made for me to enjoy (personally!). Some I do like and hell, even the Spa day pack is still one of my favorite packs of all time, including all of the other versions of the game. I use that pack with every save and every family, guess what. There are people who regretted the Spa day pack, they dislike it and wanted something different, does it make me wrong, or them wrong? Neither is the answer.

WE, can decide for ourselves what we like or do not like. WE, can express our opinion even if others don't agree with it. WE, know what we want you do not want, simple as that. YOU, don't like the current packs, WE, differ in opinion and that doesn't make us wrong.

This breh has spoken.

Peace out.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    princeofthewolvesprinceofthewolves Posts: 1 New Member
    can we have supernatural please?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I'll be real disappointed if it doesn't have a staff, and long beard (Saruman), a crystal ball or llama eye, etc. If it's silly, I will hate it. I wanted to see something better than tickle with the voodoo doll. Not dark enough.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CxpmemeCxpmeme Posts: 76 Member
    Well, there is a rumor that pets are the next pack so i guess they may have been paying attention all along, but who knows
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    people really love throwing that word "we" around :D

people really love getting plumheart around the word "We"

The "We" people just want to be politically correct! :wink:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Random idea, but I've missed magic in my game, I do hope they'll release a GP with Magic. I've got The Sims 2 vibes a lot these last couple of days...