Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Existence Challenge by EuphorialQueen

Comments

• Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Thank you I'm just struggling with keeping her fun up but its turning out great

Another thing that raises fun is the tent action "Read Wilderness Digest". Plus, you'll get a recipe you can use later once you have a stove. :grin:
  • Options
    Just an update - toddler bed isn't needed. If you have the small tent, the toddler and a single parent can sleep in it. So if an accidental pregnancy happens, the tent will work just fine. And yes, toddlers can play in the tent. :grin: I purchased a potty chair, a bookshelf, the wooden car (looks like something that could've been made on the workbench), and the blocks. If I use the "get quick food" option from the fridge, and then cancel the eat action, Heather puts the food right back in the fridge. Which means it can then be dragged to her inventory, and used in the "give food from inventory" action. So no highchair needed.

Yvonne is now an Inquisitive toddler (trait randomly chosen by letting my 9 yr old chose - he doesn't play the game by himself, but loves helping me with mine whenever it comes to anything regarding the kids):
    41642317175_f31a992480.jpg
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I had no idea toddlers could sleep in the tent, that's great! Yvonne is adorable! Its awesome that your son helps with your game. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Rawla wrote: »
    I had no idea toddlers could sleep in the tent, that's great! Yvonne is adorable!

I didn't either, until I saw that she auto-selected sleep in tent when she was tired! I had purchased a bed for her, but the tent was what she selected. So I sold the bed back (took a little hit to the family funds, but that's fine), and we sleep in the tent together.

Her little echo-y toddler voice is hilarious! :lol:
    Its awesome that your son helps with your game. :smiley:
    He sometimes helps with other things, like aesthetics as I'm building, but his favorite part is choosing what the kids will wear (clothes, hairstyles, accessories), their traits and aspirations as they grow, and what things their rooms will have (all the way down to the colors of things). He even chooses what toddler/child we adopt in my families that adopt. He chooses their names, too. I figure it helps keep things random. :grin:
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Yea! Happy to hear your feedback. It is so great that you and your son share Sims as a creative outlet. <3
    Try the Parenting interaction to "Help with needs / Tell to eat something". The toddler will automatically have apples or other things appear in their inventory.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Yea! Happy to hear your feedback. It is so great that you and your son share Sims as a creative outlet. <3
    Try the Parenting interaction to "Help with needs / Tell to eat something". The toddler will automatically have apples or other things appear in their inventory.

Wow. I didn't know that. I'll have to try it next time.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Faoiltearna I had no idea toddlers could sleep in tents either! Thanks for the info., opens up new gameplay for me. I never had homeless toddlers because I thought a bed was needed and that didn't seem very realistic. Anyway, you don't need a highchair either if you don't want one. Just drag the food to a counter or the ground and direct the toddler to eat it. I have problems with the highchair so never use it.

Your alien toddler is so adorable! I've never had an alien child in my game from an abduction or otherwise. I've had a few abductions of male Sims, but they never come back preggers for some reason. I also don't use MC Commander or I'd try what you did.

Anyway, have fun with this challenge, I've done it in the past and it's one of my absolute favorite challenges! Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @Faoiltearna I had no idea toddlers could sleep in tents either! Thanks for the info., opens up new gameplay for me. I never had homeless toddlers because I thought a bed was needed and that didn't seem very realistic. Anyway, you don't need a highchair either if you don't want one. Just drag the food to a counter or the ground and direct the toddler to eat it. I have problems with the highchair so never use it.

Your alien toddler is so adorable! I've never had an alien child in my game from an abduction or otherwise. I've had a few abductions of male Sims, but they never come back preggers for some reason. I also don't use MC Commander or I'd try what you did.

Anyway, have fun with this challenge, I've done it in the past and it's one of my absolute favorite challenges! Happy Simming! <3

@Karababy52 I've found that if I use the "Give food from inventory" interaction, Yvonne will climb up on one of the stump chairs that I've got, and sit there and eat. Or I can place her there, and then give her the food. Also, I've been keeping fruits (because wow does the apple tree go nuts!) in her inventory, so when she gets snacky during the day, I can just tell her to eat an apple. So, yeah, no highchair on the lot. The only toddler specific things I have on the lot are toddler bookshelf, potty chair, the wooden car toy, and blocks. And so far her skills are all 3 and climbing, so we're doing pretty good, I'd say. :grin:

MCCC is only mod I've got in the game, and I don't use CC either (at least not at this point). I wanted the extra functionality that MCCC allowed me - such as choosing how long each age span is and the way my town populates. I had no idea that I'd see the results of tweaking alien abductions so soon! :lol:

I'm totally enjoying this, and am planning on doing it again on the other Willow Creek lot, just to see how different it winds up feeling. :smiley:
  • Options

I'll keep that in mind! Right now, I just keep her inventory stocked with apples and pears, since my one apple tree and one pear tree have managed to give me upwards of 99 fruits each. I have plenty! But knowing that I can just "help with needs" is good. :smile:
  • Options
    @Faoiltearna Ah, okay, sounds like a good option then. I've never tried the 'give food from inventory' option, but I do like to give my toddlers fruit to eat. It's good for them and it's just so cute watching them eat it. :)

MC Command sounds like a fabulous Mod from everything I keep reading that it can do. I would love to use it in my game, but I get the impression it's a huge program that would probably kill my game. I currently only have a toaster of a laptop to play my game, so no mods/CC for me. No biggie, I still have tons of fun without it. I just need to be a bit more creative and tolerable of things that would annoy others when I play. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2018

@Karababy52
    I use both the MCCC and the associated WooHoo mod. Here are their sizes.

Untitled.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the info @Rawla , I do appreciate it and those files do look small, but unfotunately it's a bit misleading since they're compressed/zipped files. How big is everything once it's been unzipped and loaded into your game files? I would guess much larger since it's a very intricate and detailed Mod. :'(
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Took me all day, but challenge part 1 is done:
    5k3fhc.jpg
    25jv8fq.jpg
    es59h4.jpg

Here is my fave paintings she has done:
    20fyuyw.jpg

Here is the house I made her:
    29c0sn6.jpg
    xc9c2d.jpg
    34hyw76.jpg
    35bbmhc.jpg

She got together with Caleb Vatore( i changed his look around as he reminds me of Jared Leto meets the Joker:
    b4zu5x.jpg
    344qon7.jpg
    t4vl0z.jpg

Now they are married and expecting, but they are so cute to me:
    5koeog.jpg
    23igjdh.jpg
    2cem9w0.jpg
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    @hunniboo1 Wow! Impressive work! The house is great! Unfortunately, my little alien toddler has definitely slowed things down for me, but Heather is still plugging along, determined to make things work.
  • Options
    @hunniboo1 Wow! Impressive work! The house is great! Unfortunately, my little alien toddler has definitely slowed things down for me, but Heather is still plugging along, determined to make things work.

That toddler is adorable. I usually send alien babies back to the homeland lol
    2llotup.jpg
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info @Rawla , I do appreciate it and those files do look small, but unfotunately it's a bit misleading since they're compressed/zipped files. How big is everything once it's been unzipped and loaded into your game files? I would guess much larger since it's a very intricate and detailed Mod. :'(

@Karababy52 I checked my unzipped files, as I have both the Core mod and the Woohoo mod, and the everything unzipped comes out to 1.134 mb. The largest single piece is a package file that comes in at 552 kb. Hope this helps!
  • Options

:lol: My 9 yr old was very adamant that I not send the alien baby back to the homeworld. What can you do? I suppose I could've sent the baby back anyway, but as much as he enjoys that part, I figured it wouldn't hurt. Definitely didn't help, but didn't hurt, ya know?
  • Options

:lol: My 9 yr old was very adamant that I not send the alien baby back to the homeworld. What can you do? I suppose I could've sent the baby back anyway, but as much as he enjoys that part, I figured it wouldn't hurt. Definitely didn't help, but didn't hurt, ya know?

Yeah, but in your case you got one that is soooo cute. I learned one thing the looks can go either way when they start aging lol. I had a cute toddler/child but so ugly as a teen -__-
    2llotup.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, but in your case you got one that is soooo cute. I learned one thing the looks can go either way when they start aging lol. I had a cute toddler/child but so ugly as a teen -__-

She ages up tomorrow in game, so we'll see what happens. :cold_sweat: And Heather got abducted again last night - I canceled out her looking at the light, and they snatched up right after she exited the shower! Hopefully there won't be a repeat baby incident.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    @Karababy52 I checked my unzipped files, as I have both the Core mod and the Woohoo mod, and the everything unzipped comes out to 1.134 mb. The largest single piece is a package file that comes in at 552 kb. Hope this helps!

Huh, a lot smaller than I would've imagined. Thanks so much for looking into that for me, I just might have to try it afterall. :) And now back to our regularly scheduled program... sorry for going OT @EuphorialQueen *Hugs*

Crossing my fingers you don't end up with yet another alien bundle of joy. Even though they are adorable! <3

• Options
    edited June 2018

@EuphorialQueen - *waves happily* <3

@hunniboo1 - Awesome job!

@Faoiltearna - I can't wait to see what Yvonne looks like as a child!

@Karababy52 - Sorry for not being here to answer your question. Glad you got your answer.
  • Options
    So we ended up with twin girls...and they are adorable! Here is Moon Vatore with twists pigtails and Sun Vatore with the regular pigtails:
    723nv5.jpg
    ncju2q.jpg
    2z687du.jpg
    30wmfeq.jpg
    2llotup.jpg
  • Options
    Moon and Sun are sooooo cute! I LOVE their names too. <3:smiley:
  • Options
    Moon and Sun are sooooo cute! I LOVE their names too. <3:smiley:

Thank you! They do everything together without me having to anything haha i think it is so cute
    2llotup.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top