Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    How does this pack stack up so far to the Generations pack from S3?

Well as a huge sims 3 fans. ( My fist sims game). I'll say kinda well. Keep in mind Generations is an expansion pack. While this is a game pack so this will be smaller. Sims seem to be able to set curfews, and kids teens now can get in trouble.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    OOH, maybe someone can ask a guru, but will the generated teens have some bad attitudes, too? Since no one plays the parent and they wouldn't be getting a benefit of teaching manners etc. :D@SimGuruNinja
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I'm excited for this! I can't wait to experiment with the outcomes. I'm especially interested to see what happens if your sim is a neglectful parent; I do love me some consequences!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I'm excited for this! I can't wait to experiment with the outcomes. I'm especially interested to see what happens if your sim is a neglectful parent; I do love me some consequences!

I was just asking I wonder how this will affect the kids and teens generated by game? That may be worth finding out for some who don't actually care to play families. Maybe more interesting townies. :D

(Maybe I will have to get some biting toddlers and turn them loose as townies) :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member

Well as a huge sims 3 fans. ( My fist sims game). I'll say kinda well. Keep in mind Generations is an expansion pack. While this is a game pack so this will be smaller. Sims seem to be able to set curfews, and kids teens now can get in trouble.

Didn't people complain that Generations was smaller than the other expansion packs, back in the day? I loved it because it added lots of little details but it was more subtle than the other EPs for Sims 3. Given the fact that the Parenthood pack is in some ways a successor to Generations, I can definitely see why the team chose a Game Pack for this one.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I was just asking I wonder how this will affect the kids and teens generated by game? That may be worth finding out for some who don't actually care to play families. Maybe more interesting townies. :D

(Maybe I will have to get some biting toddlers and turn them loose as townies) :p

Biting vampire toddlers. Give vamps a taste of their own medicine lol
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Didn't people complain that Generations was smaller than the other expansion packs, back in the day? I loved it because it added lots of little details but it was more subtle than the other EPs for Sims 3. Given the fact that the Parenthood pack is in some ways a successor to Generations, I can definitely see why the team chose a Game Pack for this one.

Yes, but I thought it added everything (interactions and responses to things happening) where others didn't see those things missing in TS3 as I did. Just like this game. So...to me this GP will change the game in ways they can't imagine right now. Especially, if you think about game generated kids and teens who grow into YA etc. The 'what if' is going to change everything in my opinion. And that's a good thing.
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I spy a farm sink too! Right on! Cabinetry is also stellar! As well as the iron twin bed!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

I can't say, I didn't start playing the sims until 2014.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    There's another render of a little girl playing nurse but I can't seem to be able to attach it here
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The actual trailer looks awesome! The new hairstyles look great and the BB items as well. I am already in love with the new stove, and what about those shower curtains? It's probably a new shower/bathtub combination. The counters and the living room furniture ... the activity table ... there is so much in the trailer, I have only watched it twice and probably missed a bunch of stuff!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I saw a door with a rack on the back and a jacket hanging from it.
  • Options
    SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    > @Netzspannung said:
    > The actual trailer looks awesome! The new hairstyles look great and the BB items as well. I am already in love with the new stove, and what about those shower curtains? It's probably a new shower/bathtub combination. The counters and the living room furniture ... the activity table ... there is so much in the trailer, I have only watched it twice and probably missed a bunch of stuff!

I am in love with that shower curtain! I thought it was a new bathtub, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like a walk in shower. Either way the elephants on it are adorable
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes, but I thought it added everything (interactions and responses to things happening) where others didn't see those things missing in TS3 as I did. Just like this game. So...to me this GP will change the game in ways they can't imagine right now. Especially, if you think about game generated kids and teens who grow into YA etc. The 'what if' is going to change everything in my opinion. And that's a good thing.

Yeah I agree with this. TS3 feels empty to me without Generations, or at least emptier. So I've got a really good feeling about this :)
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited May 2017
    Skobee wrote: »
    GP5_Result_Fun.jpg

I know it's a render, but the teen does look shorter even though she's not doing anything different other than standing. @luthienrising what do you think, purely for render or a hidden feature?

The mom has heels on. :x so probably just for render effect. :(
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Just in case someone was still hoping. No preteens:

It's okay though. I'm so happy about everything today.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @SylvanGladiator I agree - either way, it looks great. And I have spotted an owl plushie, so now it's settled: I am getting the new pack. Owls are my favourite!
    Owlie_zpsnkri8okt.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited May 2017

Same here. I would LOVE Preteens, but I am not mad that they're not in this. Perhaps they will be released later, but because the Team is fixing Teens, I think I'll be "okay" if preteens aren't introduced. Though I would be really happy if they were, I'm really happy with this game pack and hopefully future packs that continue to develop our Sim children. :)!!!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

It didn't come with a new world, so that reduced the size compared to the other EPs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    This looks great! Can't believe people are already hatin'
    Thanks for the thread, @luthienrising
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
  • Options
    SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    > @Pixelsimmer said:
    > Just in case someone was still hoping. No preteens:
    >
    > https://twitter.com/simgurudrake/status/864546136874401792
    >
    >
    >
    > It's okay though. I'm so happy about everything today.

Yeah, not too big of a deal to me since it seems like teens have really been revamped and don't look like young adults anymore. I don't think we necessarily need pre-teens if we just have proper teens
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

Same here. I would LOVE Preteens, but I am not mad that they're not in this. Perhaps they will be released later, but because the Team is fixing Teens, I think I'll be "okay" if preteens aren't introduced. Though I would be really happy if they were, I'm really happy with this game pack and hopefully future packs that continue to develop our Sim children. :)!!!

Yeah, I'd rather they focus on fixing the teens we do have, than for them to spread their focus by having to create a whole new lifestage.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

I guess I could live without preteens it was good idea though whoever thought of it.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    So are the "childhood" traits similar to the toddler traits, and just show up later as extra boost-giving traits or are we actually going to be getting new unique traits?

Or even extra trait slot, depending on how well the kid did or w/e...?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top