Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I love the fact that grandparents would send items through the mail!!' (The livestream)
    It's a little thing but it makes Family feel like a family

I don't saw this. But wow. :open_mouth:

I'm glad I'm not the only one, though I'd just watched everything but I can't remember this one bit :D
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Oh they didn't show it. It was toward the end, I think around the curfew portion
    They brought it up by saying sim grandparents would send gifts and then talked about their personal experience
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Oh yes, the gifts by grandparents! What an amazing feature. Before I often had grandparents with absolutely no relationship to their grandkids, so I am excited to see that change!
  • Options
    Oh they didn't show it. It was toward the end, I think around the curfew portion
    They brought it up by saying sim grandparents would send gifts and then talked about their personal experience

awww alright, so that's why they started talking about that ^^ nice little feature, there were a lot of nice little features though. Is it Tuesday already?!!
  • Options
    It's only when they had a good relationship to their grandparents while growing up. It's part of their new relationships
  • Options
    Yeah that part I did get about how it affects them later, just not that there were any gifts :D
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Yeah that part I did get about how it affects them later, just not that there were any gifts :D

Yep....that's when they started talking about how the grandmother of one of the guys doing the livestream had recently mailed him some action figures or something.

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I love the fact that grandparents would send items through the mail!!' (The livestream)

Are you sure? I thought the Guru was just saying that's what Grandma's do and his own did..?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

Are you sure? I thought the Guru was just saying that's what Grandma's do and his own did..?

Yeah, I think the gifting Grandma was a story one guru told, not a new feature.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    For anyone interested at 13:29 in the live stream, they hover over the emotional control character value. Here is what it says: Sims who can redirect their negative emotions can build Emotional Control. They can do several winding down actions on radios or instruments, or jog to clear their mind.

Having an emotional breakdown, shoving, or biting will negatively impact Emotional Control. Destroying dollhouses or school projects will also decrease this value.

Added from another thread: Actually, for anyone interested I paused the replay and here is what it said about the loud phase: 'This sim is letting the world hear her voice! This sim yells, makes noise on instruments, and will listen to music as loud as possible. Earplugs are advised for other family members'. (Minute: 11:57)
  • Options
    Also, so far we know of these phases: Loud, mean streak and I believe clingy?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2017

And fussy eater for children is another one.

I wonder if the different phases are specific to the Child or Teen stages or happen for both? It wasn't clear to me, for example, if Fussy Eater was Child specific, and whether it could be applied to a teen as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

That's how I heard it as well, but I wouldn't mind it being a new feature actually xD does someone have a link to the stream and can check this? I already closed it :)
  • Options
    And for the insensitive trait: 'Insensitive sims are able to question other sims' negative emotions. They can also investigate other sims. Insensitive sims will have a higher chance of failing socially when talking to sims with negative emotions. (Shown 17:23)
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Yep....I just re-watched that part of the stream....it was confusing the way he said it because he made it sound like something that would happen in game and then someone else said, didn't your grandma do that recently? But it sounds like that was actually just his own story.

EDIT: Now confirmed that this IS, in fact, a new feature of the pack and grandparents with good relationships with their grandchildren WILL send them gifts in the mail!
    Post edited by JimG72 on
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member

At 00:53:57 to 00:54:42
    Talked about how sim siblings as adults get buffs when they visit each other and how good relationships with grandma can lead to mail and then they talked about the gurus story
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    More on the mean streak phase: 'It is time to be mean just because. This sim is feeling nasty and will relish the chance to be mean to others' (Minute 20:08).
  • Options
    From another thread: Actually, for anyone interested I paused the replay and here is what it said about the loud phase: This sim is letting the world hear her voice! This sim yells, makes noise on instruments, and will listen to music as loud as possible. Earplugs are advised for other family members. (Minute: 11:57)
  • Options

At 00:53:57 to 00:54:42
    Talked about how sim siblings as adults get buffs when they visit each other and how good relationships with grandma can lead to mail and then they talked about the gurus story

Aw awesome, thx! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Clingy as a phase or was that just the toddler's trait? I noticed the first toddler was "wild"....didn't see what the toddler's trait was for the second version of the household.
    Post edited by JimG72 on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    School Project Box items can be activated just by the player when the Sims are not paying attention.
    source
    When in a phase the child/teen will have a trait in their panel that lets you know a little about the phase. It is not permanent. It only lasts as long as the phase. In the livestream we cheated in related phases we wanted to show off. When playing normally your child could get any of the phases.
    You may even see a bit of a phase in this tweet.
    source

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I honestly don't understand that phase from the tweet. Can someone help?
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Maybe kids go through a dress up phase? My daughter went through that and made dresses out of plastic bags, ripped hats off her stuffed animals so she could wear them instead... And of course she wanted Mommy to play dress up too.
  • Options
    Two other cool features from the livestream: a parent with sufficient parenting skill can give a boost to their child's needs....and there was something called super-parenting mode or something like that where it sounded like the parent's need decay would slow down so they could focus their time on taking care of their kids and even do things like distinguish why a baby was crying, i.e. whether they were hungry, diaper needs changing, etc.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I honestly don't understand that phase from the tweet. Can someone help?
    Well from the picture, it looks to me like either a phase related to wearing costumes, or to eating fruit. Or both.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top