Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Children and teens go through different phases!

Just finished watching the livestream and I have to say I am particularly excited that children and teens can go through phases now. This adds quite a lot for me and I'm curious to learn what these phases can be. Picky eater was definitely one I went through personally. xD

Comments

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am super excited about those as well! Adds a lot of realism. I think most kids are picky at some point!
  • Options
    PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    I LOVED that new feature too. I cant wait to find out what all the different phases are. So interesting!
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I wonder if theres a goth phase for the teens, and they wear loads of black clothing.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    That was really unexpected. It doesn't happen alot with this game, so I'm happy.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    This excites me too! This, the new clothing, acne & walk style for mood swings along with the new teen socials has really separated out the teens from the adults which was really needed! I can't wait until the pack is released.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I wonder if theres a goth phase for the teens, and they wear loads of black clothing.

Now I really want a goth phase too! I guess we'll see!

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Agree...the phases thing looks very cool.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Just finished watching the livestream and I have to say I am particularly excited that children and teens can go through phases now. This adds quite a lot for me and I'm curious to learn what these phases can be. Picky eater was definitely one I went through personally. xD

The kid's reaction to the fish was just so funny.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I wish they would have talked a little more about the phases in the livestream, they looked really cool. I saw the picky eater and mean streaks for children, but are they also applicable to teens? And do they all go through them? I wonder if a guru could answer that.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I wish they would have talked a little more about the phases in the livestream, they looked really cool. I saw the picky eater and mean streaks for children, but are they also applicable to teens? And do they all go through them? I wonder if a guru could answer that.

Seemed to remember them saying teens have different phases from children.

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    That looks to be a fun addition, can't wait to see it ingame.
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »

Seemed to remember them saying teens have different phases from children.

I wonder what type of teen phases there are, and I'm excited to find out! :)
  • Options
    The one teen had the loud phase :)
  • Options

Loud phase? Lol I guess they scream and yell all the time?
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Remember the child who had a clingy trait? That must have been a phase then.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Icing on the Parenthood cake. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The phases were a welcome surprise. I'm pleased they hinted at them but didn't give everything away. As one of the gurus stated, it will be a lot of fun finding things out for ourselves. The taster was much appreciated and I'm sure it will help those who were on the fence and needed to know more about how parenting will work before they decide whether to get it or not. As for me, I knew I was getting the pack anyway.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Loud phase? Lol I guess they scream and yell all the time?

My teen sister is going through a loud phase. Hysterical laugher, stomping, clapping, screaming, whistling... It's hard to cope but oh well... :D
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Actually, for anyone interested I paused the replay and here is what it said about the loud phase: This sim is letting the world hear her voice! This sim yells, makes noise on instruments, and will listen to music as loud as possible. Earplugs are advised for other family members. (Minute: 11:57)
  • Options
    This reminds me of my dad constantly asking my brothers to turn down their rap music!
  • Options
    This is what it says about the mean streak: 'It is time to be mean just because. This sim is feeling nasty and will relish the chance to be mean to others' (Minute 20:08).
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2017
    I think the phases are related to traits, because the mean kid had a mean streak, and the muser, loner and gloomy teen was in a loud phase, which involves music!
  • Options
    You can parent kids out of certain phases. E.g. discuss eating habits for picky eaters.
  • Options
    SimGuruGeorgeSimGuruGeorge Posts: 49 SimGuru
    When in a phase the child/teen will have a trait in their panel that lets you know a little about the phase. It is not permanent. It only lasts as long as the phase. In the livestream we cheated in related phases we wanted to show off. When playing normally your child could get any of the phases.
    You may even see a bit of a phase in this tweet.
  • Options
    caitybee73caitybee73 Posts: 121 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    That was really unexpected. It doesn't happen alot with this game, so I'm happy.

Yes so happy we are finally back at a place with this game that we get positive surprises. They really do seem to be including tons in this pack. I can't wait for the mean phase. Or all the phases really. They look like so much fun!