Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Here's something. If you go into edit mode and add a radio to a consignment store, there's a good chance the radio will come on and customers will start dancing- even with the store clerk!
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    TIL, not sure if it's a mod? My sims is Vampire-Warlock hybrid, originally born werewolf but cured, his newborn son now inherited both of his occults status plus werewolf, so he is a tribrid of Werewolf-Vampire-Warlock, newborn's grandfather is a werewolf-vampire, either the werewolf status is inherited from his father(although he was being cured long time ago, so I doubt it) or from the grandfather. it could be possible that grandparents gen still plays role for their grandchildren since one of my sims inherited her grandfather's eye colors. I havent checked the xml coding so I cant know for sure.

I have nraas hybrid, but I never have this anomaly before.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Here's something. If you go into edit mode and add a radio to a consignment store, there's a good chance the radio will come on and customers will start dancing- even with the store clerk!

Also if you add a magic mirror and jelly bean bushes from Supernatural, the customers will interact with them as well.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I have nraas hybrid, but I never have this anomaly before.
    Well, that's what the mod is supposed to do. Sims can inherit occult states from parents and grandparents in any game, but under EA standard all but one of the occult states goes into remission. It is, I believe especially with the grandparents, more likely with NRaas SP genetics.

With NRaas Hybrid, the multiple occult states however they came to be all become playable.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MR2021MR2021 Posts: 93 Member
    Not sure if many people have seen it, but this is the International Science Achievement Award Plaque given to Sims who complete 100 experiments using the Science Research Station and/or the Group Science Project (one of the challenges of the Science skill).

38FRM0a.jpg

P.S. 1: if you don't see it in your Sim's inventory or receive it through mail, DON'T PANIC (like I did)! The plaque will be placed in your family inventory. I just don't know whether you will get it soon after completing the 100th experiment or just on the other day, when your Sim gets the mail.

P.S. 2: I'm not trying to brag when I share with you some details and screenshots of the trophies and awards. What I want to do is help both new and veteran players in discovering the secrets of the game and show that some objects in The Sims 3 cannot be obtained even via buydebug.
    "If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory … The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control!" Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Two trivias for today:

In the first place, the mirror you get from sending your children to a field trip to the Theatre can be used as a normal mirror, i.e. there are the options "Change appearance", "Practice speech", "Gussy up" and "Check self out" when you click on it. On the other hand, the Dazzling Looking Glass - the Career Reward for the Stylist profession - is merely decorative.

Secondly, there are titles for each visa level your Sim has in each destination from World Adventures. Here they are:

China
    0 = Stranger
    1 = Accepted
    2 = Honored
    3 = Revered

Egypt
    0 = Outsider
    1 = Sanctioned Traveler
    2 = Endorsed Explorer
    3 = Accredited Adventurer

France
    0 = Tourist
    1 = Vacationist
    2 = Seasoned Sightseer
    3 = Honorary Citizen

I find this pretty cool, as it gives each travel destination even more personality, don't you think? ;)
    "If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory … The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control!" Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    I didn't know that sometimes teen witches would instantly finish their homework with magic and there's a chance of them ending up burnt as a result.
    I did know that sims with the proper trait can have the wish "Give [sim's name] what for" instead of just fight, but what I didn't know is that they have a small animation when they perform the action of them bouncing on their feet with their fists up (kinda like a boxer but you know... in a silly way lol).
    And lastly, I didn't know that in leisure day sims would autonomously go relax in recliners or swim at the pool 🤔.
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Chiesbit wrote: »
    I didn't know that sometimes teen witches would instantly finish their homework with magic and there's a chance of them ending up burnt as a result.

If memory serves me right, the same can happen with child witches too. This happened to me every 2 or 3 days; at first, I thought it was due to a table lamp on their desk, but it continued to happen even after I sold it. I'm inclined to think that this is a glitch more than a feature though. If only this could happen in real life... I would accept being singed in exchange for finishing my homework faster in old school days lol
    Post edited by MR2021 on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I've made a couple of interesting discoveries the last few days that I feel I ought to share with you all. Let's start with the firefighter profession: if you use "testingcheatsenabled true", select your firefighter, than shift+right click on any building (house, community lot, rabbit hole, even your own house), select "Emergency" and a list of emergencies will appear: "small house fire", "large house fire", "earthquake" and so on.

Be mindful, though, that the emergencies that will pop up depend on your firefighter level. And, if you pursue the service awards for this profession, remember that certain emergencies happen at a certain level and ONLY at that level (not from that level on): Space-Time Rift at the Science Facility at level 7 for a Hero Trophy; X-Ray Malfunction at the Hospital at level 9 for an Epic Hero Medal; Evil Plot Backfire at the Abandoned Warehouse at level 10 for an Award Ribbon. I haven't tested it for an Angry Gnome Attack, but I believe it works too.

And I won't deny that the disaster at the Science Facility is beautiful:
    sxn357f.jpg
  • Options
    Now, some important notes about the Investigator career:
    • In order to trigger the Rogue Cop case, your Sim needs to be at level 8 of that profession and your town needs a Salon (since halfway through the case your Investigator will have to talk to a Stylist). If you feel like using mods or running out of patience, Nraas DebugEnabler is a must: Click on your Sim > Nraas > DebugEnabler > Options:Smart Phone > Opportunities > Add Opportunity > Careers > Case > (Select the Case you want).
    • According to the Nraas site, some other cases do not work in other neighborhoods unless you make changes to them. Here's a list of cases that won't work on Bridgeport, for example:
      Fish Kid - Bridgeport has no lots marked as "pool"
      Fishing Union - Bridgeport has no lots marked as "fishing spot"
      Loved/ManLoved - needs a couple that's going steady, each gender (Bridgeport has one couple like this, but they didn't last long in my game; I guess I didn't test this one in a fresh Bridgeport)
      Missing Flamingo1 - needs a fishing spot (flamingo 2 only needs an art gallery, which Bridgeport has, but I assume the fishing spot requirement applies to both, since they're two versions of the same case)

As for other towns, I'm afraid you'll have to research it further or test them one by one. In any case, Sims Wikia has an extremely helpful list of cases of the Investigator career (though I'm not sure if this list is complete): https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Investigator/cases
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    And a funny thing this time: avoid using the Ford Focus Remote Control on your house (it's an item from the Store), unless you want that all of your lights to go crazy, the TVs and stereos to go on and all the plumbing objects break. Look at what it did to my dining room (just an example):

JU2DyUO.jpg

At first, I was like "what the hell is happening???", but after repairing the broken plumbing objects and set all the lights color back to white, I had to laugh!

For further information, there's an old post about it on this same forum: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/580179/that-ford-focus-remote-is-bananas
    Post edited by MR2021 on
  • Options
    MR2021 wrote: »

If memory serves me right, the same can happen with child witches too. This happened to me every 2 or 3 days; at first, I thought it was due to a table lamp on their desk, but it continued to happen even after I sold it. I'm inclined to think that this is a glitch more than a feature though. If only this could happen in real life... I would accept being singed in exchange for finishing my homework faster in old school days lol

Oh, it never happened to the kids, so I assumed it was a teen thing because children can't do much with their magic yet. I don't think it's a glitch tho, I believe they might end up burnt because their magic level is still really low so it fails and they end up like that... but who knows, with all the glitches the game has what's yet another one? lol
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    Just a tip: you can press "P" whenever you want while taking a photo or painting still-life to pause the scene. I only realized that some time ago.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    This is more in the category of things I never noticed before, but recently I realized that if you hover over the spa while your sim is inside, it'll play a track from the Sims 1 build music. It's quite relaxing, perfect for a spa day, and I definitely went back to speed 1 so I could listen to the whole thing.

The music playing during concerts is interesting too, but disappointingly, the symphony just plays tracks from the classical music radio station, or at least it did for as long as I listened.
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    If you have Supernatural and use the Ask to Be Protected interaction, you can then click on the sim who did the asking and Call for Protector. Haven't seen what happens yet though
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Even if your Sim has the "Lungs of Steel" Lifetime Reward ...
    They can still drown if they are Snorkeling in a Swimming Pool ... :D

They can Snorkel in the Ocean a whole day without drowning though.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    BalaGee69BalaGee69 Posts: 4 New Member
    So, Well here's a strategy - keep some dried food in your sims inventory (if you have WA) so they never starve and let their needs bottom out.
    I also like to have a gnome or two or flowers to give as gifts to friends around Snowflake day.

But something you didn't know? Well, if you hit Ctrl F you can place triangular tiles. Makes interesting decorating options!
  • Options
    I remember reading here and there about how toddlers are so annoying always crying for no reason and that's why I age them up with the birthday cake! and never quite understood that...
    Well, today something curious happened, I had my sim taking a nap on the sofa, then his daughter came out the bathroom and got closer to said sofa. I wasn't really paying attention so I barely saw it, but she had an interaction of what looked like she was going to play with her shark toy when it suddenly got cancelled, she sit down and started crying! I thought she did it on purpose to wake up her dad or something, because she has the evil trait lol, but out of curiosity I went to map view to see the name of the animation thinking it'll be named idle crying or something, then I saw this...
    45b2IYf.png
    Turns out toddlers cry because they fall! :bawling: and then, and then, as soon as she started crying her dad woke up and immediately got a wish to snuggle her as if to soothe her, like, the parents know?! :bawling:

I don't know but I really liked finding out about this, is like one of those details that are always there but so subtle they go unnoticed... or are considered annoying lol
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Even if your Sim has the "Lungs of Steel" Lifetime Reward ...
    They can still drown if they are Snorkeling in a Swimming Pool ... :D

They can Snorkel in the Ocean a whole day without drowning though.

This explains why one of my Sims has drowned in his swimming pool despite having the "Lungs of Steel" Lifetime Reward. It has been some time that they have been in Isla Paradiso, so I forgot they had the "Lungs of Steel" until you mentioned it. But, if you think about it, there is absolute NO SENSE in the fact that they can drown in a swimming pool, but not in the ocean lol Maybe the game developers maintained this type of death knowing that many players like to drown a Sim or two :p
    Luckly, my Sim had some Death Flowers in his inventory.
    I remember reading here and there about how toddlers are so annoying always crying for no reason and that's why I age them up with the birthday cake! and never quite understood that...
    Well, today something curious happened, I had my sim taking a nap on the sofa, then his daughter came out the bathroom and got closer to said sofa. I wasn't really paying attention so I barely saw it, but she had an interaction of what looked like she was going to play with her shark toy when it suddenly got cancelled, she sit down and started crying! I thought she did it on purpose to wake up her dad or something, because she has the evil trait lol, but out of curiosity I went to map view to see the name of the animation thinking it'll be named idle crying or something, then I saw this...
    45b2IYf.png
    Turns out toddlers cry because they fall! :bawling: and then, and then, as soon as she started crying her dad woke up and immediately got a wish to snuggle her as if to soothe her, like, the parents know?! :bawling:

I don't know but I really liked finding out about this, is like one of those details that are always there but so subtle they go unnoticed... or are considered annoying lol

All of us have aged up a toddler at least once because of their annoying behavior (even without the Evil trait) hahaha
    I agree that they often can be irritating; nevertheless, I quite like them in The Sims 3. On the other hand, the toddlers in The Sims 4 are unbearable! People who play with them with long lifespan and don't age them up already have their place in heaven granted!

I didn't understand, however, how you could see this detailed information through the map view. Would you mind expanding on this point? I remember seeing some similar statistics about a Sim in Nraas MasterController, but not in map view.
    Post edited by MR2021 on
  • Options
    I would like to add that the Firefighter profession is not the only one that benefits from the shift+click cheat I mentioned earlier: you can do the same to spawn more jobs for your Architectural Designer and Stylist. Simply press shift and left click on a house (with testingcheatsenabled true) and choose the type of the job. I haven't tested it with the Ghost Hunter profession, but I assume it works fine as well.
    This is particularly helpful if you want your Sim to advance quickly in his/her career, or if your seek to obtain some Service Awards or Career Rewards (mainly if you don't plan to play this profession for too long).
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I didn't understand, however, how you could see this detailed information through the map view. Would you mind expanding on this point? I remember seeing some similar statistics about a Sim in Nraas MasterController, but not in map view.

I believe the person is using the Nraas Tagger mod to show that information. It shows that stuff if you set the options to Enabled (or whatever the wording is).
  • Options
    45b2IYf.png

All of us have aged up a toddler at least once because of their annoying behavior (even without the Evil trait) hahaha
    I agree that they often can be irritating; nevertheless, I quite like them in The Sims 3. On the other hand, the toddlers in The Sims 4 are unbearable! People who play with them with long lifespan and don't age them up already have their place in heaven granted!

Well, I've never aged my toddlers up, I might be the only one lol
    On to your question, sorry for not elaborating further, but I have installed nraas tagger and in this save I have sim tags enabled. The mod allows you to see some information about sims when you hover the cursor on their tag. The info displayed can be modified to your liking, one of the default options is called Current Interaction, so when sims are doing something, even if it's just an idle animation it shows there. Something curious I've found with this mod is that the interaction of pregnant sims going into labor is called "This should not be seen" :lol:

zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Something curious I've found with this mod is that the interaction of pregnant sims going into labor is called "This should not be seen" :lol:

Bahahahaha! Omg, that's awesome! :D
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2021
    The info displayed can be modified to your liking, one of the default options is called Current Interaction, so when sims are doing something, even if it's just an idle animation it shows there. Something curious I've found with this mod is that the interaction of pregnant sims going into labor is called "This should not be seen" :lol:
    There's a number of little things that Tagger can reveal like that one, that the player was never really meant to see on-screen. I once noticed a homeless NPC teen babysitter hovering on the edge of the map after he finished his babysitting assignment, one would think patiently waiting for the game to make him go into hibernation as off-duty homeless sims do. The Tagger Current Interaction read "Destroy Myself."

That seemed so sad and rather extreme for what I knew was really supposed to happen. And his mood was really low too (I think the kiddies wore him out that evening)...but I made it up to him by getting a family to take him in as a resident the next time I saw him on-screen and he's doing much better now. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    There's a lot of little things that Tagger can reveal like that one, that the player was never really meant to see on-screen. I once noticed a homeless NPC teen babysitter hovering on the edge of the map after he finished his babysitting assignment, one would think patiently waiting for the game to make him go into hibernation as off-duty homeless sims do. The Tagger Current Interaction read "Destroy Myself."

That seemed so sad and rather extreme for what I knew was really supposed to happen. And his mood was really low too (I think the kiddies wore him out that evening)...but I made it up to him by getting a family to take him in as a resident the next time I saw him on-screen and he's doing much better now. :)

@Igazor ^Oh my gosh...that's awful! :cry:

Love what you did for him and that he started feeling better. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top