Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moodlets that just make no sense to you

Has anyone else ever come across a moodlet in game that just doesn't make sense to them? For me I'd have to say it's the "Nice Décor" one. It's like, your sim could be having the worst day ever - they caught their wife cheating, their best friend just died, but it's okay, he's happy anyway because the furniture is nice. :D
Are there any others that just leave you scratching your head?

Comments

• Options
    LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    That definitely! Things that should have long-term effects don't seem to in my game at least.
  • Options
    MewMew Posts: 93 Member
    I think it's less that the decoration moodlets are too strong and more that a lot of the negative moodlets are too weak. Witnessing a death, for example, should make a sim immune to decoration moodlets until the death moodlet is gone. (If they're just straight up made stronger, I worry that emotional death would be too easy.)
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I don't think that anyone could disagree with you on this. Sims are incredibly materialistic to say the least.
    The flirty mood after watching romance on TV. Who has ever gone flirty IRL just because of watching some romantic comedy or TV show, and that alone ?! Something similar this would make much more sense in a mature version of the Sims, or adult mods, with adult programs and the corresponding urges going with them LOL - but seriously, wanting to flirt and worse, with random people, just because of a romantic comedy, that's weird.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    The decor moodlets are so weird.... I use a mod to prevent them: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579603
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2017
    This one kind of makes me roll my eyes every time I see it
    especially when the sim isn't even part of a club
    sy6rer.png
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    AltruantSludgeAltruantSludge Posts: 44 Member
    "Icky Plumbing" drives me nuts. I hate getting my Sim ready for her painter career with a nice thoughtful shower, just to have the shower get dirty and ruin her mood at work. You're not even in the house! Get over it!

Or when they're upset that the sink is dirty but somehow never think to go clean it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,627 Member
    edited May 2017
    Selios wrote: »
    Has anyone else ever come across a moodlet in game that just doesn't make sense to them? For me I'd have to say it's the "Nice Décor" one. It's like, your sim could be having the worst day ever - they caught their wife cheating, their best friend just died, but it's okay, he's happy anyway because the furniture is nice. :D

Maybe he's just a 🐸🐸🐸🐸-eyed optimist who refuses to dwell on the negative? I could accept this were my Sims to truly mourn. No stranger to mourning, myself, but I do notice it comes in waves. You can be fine one moment, the next something small will just set you off and you're weeping until you have no more tears left. I've yet to have a nice piece of decor soothe me, however. Reminds me of our long car ride back from my mother's memorial service. She lived two states away and we jumped into the car the moment we got word she'd passed. Our daughter was with us. She had her two baby girls in tow. The toddler had just about enough of the car drive, wanted out of her seat like nobody's business. Grandpa was looking for the first off-ramp near a restaurant so we could have lunch, too. Suddenly, amidst her wailing (and believe me the water-works were in full force) she abruptly stops and say, "oh, a truck". A big rig had just passed our car. She's seven years old, now and we still joke about it. "Oh, a truck" said in the most calm voice, EVER. LOL

ETA: So, we can't use the word denoting a male chicken, now? It's a legitimate phrase.

ETA (again): Of course the moment I complain, the word shows up. :open_mouth: Unbelievable.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Nah, just cause something horrible happened to you doesn't mean something can't temporarily make you happy. So it's all good in my eyes :)
    Oh dear, if the death sadness lasted any longer I'd be mad lol
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Oh_MereOh_Mere Posts: 49 Member
    This one kind of makes me roll my eyes every time I see it
    especially when the sim isn't even part of a club
    sy6rer.png

Don't get me started on this moodlet. I've put a lot of thought into it because it annoys the crap out of me every time it comes up. It doesn't matter what your sim's personality is, they'll still get that moodlet. I've had a loner sim get it before. And it bothers me SO much because it's awkwardly worded and sounds SO ham-fisted in. It's clear from that moodlet that they want to encourage players to use the clubs and other GT expansion features.

But WHY though? Why in this way?? It's annoying.

Maybe the dev that programmed the clubs really wanted to make sure his hard work was seen haha "no one will buy this expansion just for the new hair and clothes no sir. i'll push them to the clubs with an annoying moodlet that pops up every other day. Then EVERYONE will appreciate my work. MUAHAHAHAHA."

ive had too much coffee im gonna step away now
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,409 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    I don't think that anyone could disagree with you on this. Sims are incredibly materialistic to say the least.
    The flirty mood after watching romance on TV. Who has ever gone flirty IRL just because of watching some romantic comedy or TV show, and that alone ?! Something similar this would make much more sense in a mature version of the Sims, or adult mods, with adult programs and the corresponding urges going with them LOL - but seriously, wanting to flirt and worse, with random people, just because of a romantic comedy, that's weird.
    I have felt flirty after some TV shows and there doesn't have to be mature contect. There's this youth series SKAM in nordic countries that is also very popular among middle aged people and I have read that the series has affected people so that they want to cuddle or kiss more with their spouses. I don't have a spouse so I just get the general feeling that it would be a nice thing to do.

I don't like the bored from clubs moodlet and I hate the decor moodlets.
  • Options
    Now that this forum topic has made me think about it more, I've decided to go ahead and throw in a couple mods to my game to make the emotions more realistic. Thanks @Wyrren for linking the No Happy Environment Moodlets mod! I'm also installing the Emotional Inertia mod that the creator linked to on that mod page. We'll see how it goes. :)
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
  • Options
    So, after playing a little while with Emotional Inertia mod, I decided it's too strong for my tastes, so I switched out for "Uncomfortable" Boosts Other Negative Emotions (which is included in Emotional Inertia) - so sims will still end up with stronger negative feelings in sense-making ways, but can still overcome the fact that they have dirty dishes... Anyway, the No Happy Environment Moodlets mod is great. No problems there.

Now, I wish there were a mod to get rid of Curious About Clubs, because that one is a pet peeve of mine as well...
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I never give my sims the trait connected to clubs as all they ever do is get that stupid moodlet making them bored. Decorated was annoying but I've now modded it out. I find the fact that my sims get flirty from gossip weird.
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I've got the mod installed where, it balances the moodlets out more so A. there not constantly happy and B. gets rid of nice decor everytime they move rooms !!
  • Options
    @samlyt22: I don't give my sims the club trait either, but the bored moodlet still shows up. *sigh*

@NaomiSImblr: Which mod in particular do you use?
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Oh_Mere wrote: »
    Don't get me started on this moodlet. I've put a lot of thought into it because it annoys the plum out of me every time it comes up. It doesn't matter what your sim's personality is, they'll still get that moodlet. I've had a loner sim get it before. And it bothers me SO much because it's awkwardly worded and sounds SO ham-fisted in. It's clear from that moodlet that they want to encourage players to use the clubs and other GT expansion features.

But WHY though? Why in this way?? It's annoying.

Maybe the dev that programmed the clubs really wanted to make sure his hard work was seen haha "no one will buy this expansion just for the new hair and clothes no sir. i'll push them to the clubs with an annoying moodlet that pops up every other day. Then EVERYONE will appreciate my work. MUAHAHAHAHA."

ive had too much coffee im gonna step away now
    My theory is that with this one and Dance Machine, they were doing an experiment, trying to take into account feedback people have had about traits not being impactful enough. I think the spirit of it (especially how Dance Machine's negative one just sticks with you until you dance) was right, but in practice, it turned out to be something that gets annoying after a while.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    The one that drives me crazy is with the family-oriented trait. They'll be sad about not being around family when they're at home and the other people are in different rooms. It's like they're still home. Sometimes families need space, sheesh.
  • Options
    PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    The one that drives me crazy is with the family-oriented trait. They'll be sad about not being around family when they're at home and the other people are in different rooms. It's like they're still home. Sometimes families need space, sheesh.
    Ayup. And I don't know if it's just my game but the sad moodlet seems to pop up pretty arbitrarily regardless of how much the sim has actually spent time with their family. Like sometimes they'll be fine for long stretches of time, but then other times they'll immediately get sad after going to work despite having interacted with their family the whole morning.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Peruna wrote: »
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    Ayup. And I don't know if it's just my game but the sad moodlet seems to pop up pretty arbitrarily regardless of how much the sim has actually spent time with their family. Like sometimes they'll be fine for long stretches of time, but then other times they'll immediately get sad after going to work despite having interacted with their family the whole morning.

Mine works properly. I love that moodlet. @Peruna if you give the sim the trait then you're making them someone who doesn't need space. They actually need to communicate not just be in the same room.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I guess the one about decor dates back to the original Sims, when you'd get a low environmental score if your house was dirty or not decorated with high decor-point objects. I can get that. But having a high environmental score never outweighed other stuff that was going on. Going into a pretty room did not solve all of life's problems, nor should it.

I only recently got Get Together, so I'm not up on the whole club thing, but loners (like myself) should not get that. I hadn't gotten Get Together precisely because the club thing did not appeal to me; only reason I bought it was because it's being used in a challenge I wanted to participate in. I have to say, though, that my Daisy has not gotten that moodlet, so that's a good thing.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I guess the one about decor dates back to the original Sims, when you'd get a low environmental score if your house was dirty or not decorated with high decor-point objects. I can get that. But having a high environmental score never outweighed other stuff that was going on. Going into a pretty room did not solve all of life's problems, nor should it.

I only recently got Get Together, so I'm not up on the whole club thing, but loners (like myself) should not get that. I hadn't gotten Get Together precisely because the club thing did not appeal to me; only reason I bought it was because it's being used in a challenge I wanted to participate in. I have to say, though, that my Daisy has not gotten that moodlet, so that's a good thing.

I'm not a meetings type person, either, so I get what you're saying. One thing I'll mention, which another player said when the topic was on weddings (and other disasters), was that the use of clubs came in handy in order to get the family and friends you wish to have at the Event. I've yet to try this out, but I can't wait to see if this solves many of the problems I have run into when it comes to Wedding attendance. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,464 Member
    Selios wrote: »

Omg YES. I *hate* this moodlet. I keep trying to mod it out, but the original mod hasn't been updated in a long while and some of the substitutes occasionally give me issues. If anyone can vouch for any particular mod, I'd greatly appreciate it. I wish MC Command would include this. I still have to get the latest of that mod too.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    You can change the mood of your Sim using MCCC. If you're asking about removing the moodlet, I haven't looked to see if it does that. I'm far more interested in how my Sims' mood is. I like being able to change any mood to focused when he's due out of the door for work. Beats having to spend time playing chess.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The dance machine getting bored due to lack of dancing is a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸, especially when my sim lives in a house with no stereos!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    Bored moodlets though the Sim doesn't have the video gamer aspiration. I mean they have a TV, games, a pool, all sorts of things and they are still bored? I think one the other day was bored because they didn't have a TV (new one?) too bad, I guess if going to festivals, restaurants, clubs, bars, and playing video games isn't good enough then you do without Sim.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.