Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody else heart broken over these plant sims?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Keep hoping this is just a TEASE and hoping they will make plantsims a lot more fully functional and interesting?

Because they are below the basic plant sim from sims 2 D:. My least played with sim life state, but still I don't see the point with how barren plantsims seem ;3;

You keep hoping its just a tease.
    I thought they already did that with cool kitchen ice cream offect :#

not a great start with either update if you ask me.

i would just like a proper lifestate in one without these tease rubbish like

aliens
    ghosts

its pretty sad this is what its come to...

i wanted with any lifestates or lifestages is fully fleged, more than what they were before, updated like other parts of the sims games did.

with 4 its less annimations, gameplay, tools,worlds, as well as this topic :#

plantsims were great in 2.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »
    As others have mentioned I am heart broken that my played (non active) sims are being turned into plant sims just because. It's not fun and it breaks immersion for me. I don't care about plant sims and I definitely don't want to see the town's mayor walking around looking all green.

Even if it's a time limited challenge, they should let us opt out of it if she want...

well if enough people complain they genreally remove things in the sims 4 life states anyway.

male pregnancy and alien abduction I'v have yet to see in my own game.

people complaning about it yet I never had it.

sometimes the complaning can spoil it for people who want it :#

however this time I am complaning with this cheap version of a life state :(

they did a brilliant job with toddlers, not perfect with the walking already. i mean newborns can't learn to. how did toddlers learn. oh wait simmers complaining about it so much :p
    personally i think EA listen too much to some ideas...

if you don't want plant sims of course just ignore them. I do this with teens.

the teens in TS2 Were cute, full fleged, okay in 3 but in 4

horrible height thing and they don't even feel like teens at all, just a young adult with less options...

I agree about abductions, they're too rare. Anyway I think everyone would be happy if they just included a few more options under Gameplay options:

- vampires (vampire invasion) (normal) (off)
    - Alien abductions (alien invasion) (normal) (off)
    - Challenges (on) (off)
    - difficulty level (hard- random deaths are more frequent and happen without a warning) (medium - random deaths still happen without a warning but they're not that common) (easy- what we have now)

too rare. i have had get to work for two years now and still no abductions like the male pregnancy issue :(
    agree with the options. we had them with supernatral expansion and seasons weather settings and the full moon thing.

yes the sims 3 can do it why not 4 EA?

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Me. I'm upset because I love plantsims so much. They have so much potential to be great in this version, especially after seeing vampires.

Edit: And with them being free, I have no hopes of them being expanded on.

They can still be expanded. The team is just doing things differently than they did in S2/S3. They even said so. If you will remember, we got vamps in Late Night and they were expanded on in Supernatural, so that is proof that they can. :) I just am enjoying getting a new tree to grow.

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I haven't even got one yet because I'm having trouble finding the last bean.

What do you have so far. There is angry, flirty, confident, childish, sad, and I think uncomfortable or something like that. :) I told jokes to get the childish one, you can paint a confident painting and turn it on and maybe the plantsim will get confident, but I got lucky and found a sim already in that mood. Angry and flirty is self explanatory and sad I got lucky on too. Uncomfortable I might have flirted and made a sim like that. Maybe that will help.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Some flattery and compliments will make many Sims confident. Before you start making a Sim angry, ask them to hang out.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    My tree won't grow fruit and I've taking care it so much that it's at great quality.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    edited April 2017
    People who play with mods, rejoice! For there are some for plant sims to make them more interesting!

Revamped Plantsims : https://simsworkshop.net/resources/revamped-plantsims-mod.2948/
    More Powers/Interactions: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=593202
    Post edited by Wyrren on
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I never play with PlantSims in TS2 or TS3 - maybe it's time I started. And don't be heartbroken over the PlantSims in TS4 - they may end up coming before long.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Wyrren wrote: »
    People who play with mods, rejoice! For there are some for plant sims to make them more interesting!

Revamped Plantsims : https://simsworkshop.net/resources/revamped-plantsims-mod.2948/

thanks to the modders yet again. the game always gets a little more fun with the mods.

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    As others have mentioned I am heart broken that my played (non active) sims are being turned into plant sims just because. It's not fun and it breaks immersion for me. I don't care about plant sims and I definitely don't want to see the town's mayor walking around looking all green.

Even if it's a time limited challenge, they should let us opt out of it if she want...

well if enough people complain they genreally remove things in the sims 4 life states anyway.

male pregnancy and alien abduction I'v have yet to see in my own game.

people complaning about it yet I never had it.

sometimes the complaning can spoil it for people who want it :#

however this time I am complaning with this cheap version of a life state :(

they did a brilliant job with toddlers, not perfect with the walking already. i mean newborns can't learn to. how did toddlers learn. oh wait simmers complaining about it so much :p
    personally i think EA listen too much to some ideas...

if you don't want plant sims of course just ignore them. I do this with teens.

the teens in TS2 Were cute, full fleged, okay in 3 but in 4

horrible height thing and they don't even feel like teens at all, just a young adult with less options...

I agree about abductions, they're too rare. Anyway I think everyone would be happy if they just included a few more options under Gameplay options:

- vampires (vampire invasion) (normal) (off)
    - Alien abductions (alien invasion) (normal) (off)
    - Challenges (on) (off)
    - difficulty level (hard- random deaths are more frequent and happen without a warning) (medium - random deaths still happen without a warning but they're not that common) (easy- what we have now)
    I love this idea - I've always advocated for more options in-game instead of EA making decisions for us.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    My Sims 2 plantsim Rose. This is how I wish Sims 4 plantsims to look. That would be so nice.
    Rosemedvinger.jpg
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I miss real plantsims!
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'm sure that they'll be expanded on in the future (I hope), and that being a plantsim will be permanent.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    B_E2009 wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting much from these plant sims because they are free. For a Spring event, this is a really nice idea and it doesn't mean that Plantsims won't be expanded upon in the future.

That's literally how this whole game has been... it's okay if we put out something half done cause it's free, right? No, if you're gonna put out content, especially something like a life state, get it right from the beginning.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    My Sims 2 plantsim Rose. This is how I wish Sims 4 plantsims to look. That would be so nice.
    Rosemedvinger.jpg

Why the wings tho ? PlantSims aren't fairies.

Hahaha, mine was. Take it or leave it. :wink:
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member

thanks to the modders yet again. the game always gets a little more fun with the mods.

So true, thanks mod people for adding some more stuff (much needed).
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    I forgot #TS3 PlantSims left trails of flowers! Lol. Guess I'll have to make one when I play again, seeing that I've been playing #TS3 more again.
    71rbpi.png
  • Options

So true, thanks mod people for adding some more stuff (much needed).

So true

Get to school and the grocery shopping mods really improve gameplay with active careers and retail.

• Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Rosemedvinger.jpg

Why the wings tho ? PlantSims aren't fairies.

Hahaha, mine was. Take it or leave it. :wink:

Didn't mean to come off as rude. Just... I'd rather not have their aesthetics mixed, you know ? Your post made it seem like you want PlantSims with fairy wings. ( An option for hybrids would be pretty cool though )

Why not ? Plantsim + fairy = some kind of nymph. It makes me think about hamadryads.
    Your plantsim is beautiful @Simsister2004 !